Thread: Kurt Struebing

stacebabe Guest

Kurt Struebing

I first heard of him via Pamela Des Barres book "Rock Bottom". He was the singer for a band called NME.

He went nuts and killed his mother when he was 20. From what I can find, he lead a very productive life until he drove his car off a bridge at 39 years old.

I can't find much info on the orignal murder on the web though, any links?

Tugboat25 Guest
    With all due respect, he lived a very productive life since he was 20??
    He Killed his Mother!!!! Then he drove his car offf a bridge?
    I sure wouldn't call that productive at all.

b57hrle Guest
    NME Founder KURT STRUEBING Killed In Bridge Crash - Mar. 11, 2005

After all, Struebing had in recent years been willing to use his music to help others. Last year, he helped to organize a concert to help the family of a soldier and local musician killed in Iraq. He did the same for another musician who lost his home in a fire.

"He was the go-to guy," Bonner said. "We could call him at any time and ask him for anything, and he would say yes."

Struebing was involved in music for the past two decades, forming a band with some high school buddies in the mid-1980s. By 1986, their band, NME, had released three albums.

But in April of that year, Struebing, then 20, was accused of killing his adoptive mother, Darlee Struebing, with a hatchet and a pair of scissors. At the time, friends said, Struebing had been abusing drugs, and even prosecutors believed he was mentally unstable. He pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and was sentenced to 12 years in prison, although prosecutors sought a shorter sentence.

Released early from prison in 1994, it wasn't long before Struebing, a guitarist, began playing music again and the band, NME, reformed.

Thats parts of what I found... here's the link to read it all.....
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=34021

endsleigh03 Guest
    A hatchet and a pair of scissors? Jeez. And he got out early........ go figure.
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 11-04-2007 at 01:45 AM.

stacebabe Guest
    Oh I'm not saying *I* think he lead a productive life! Those are the only articles I can find.

Not only did he kill his mother, he raped her as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    With all due respect, he lived a very productive life since he was 20??
    He Killed his Mother!!!! Then he drove his car offf a bridge?
    I sure wouldn't call that productive at all.