Thread: Matthew Silliman Murdered By Facebook Friends

Matthew Silliman Murdered By Facebook Friends

This happened in my area recently. It freaks me out. The murderers are on his Facebook friends list. The terror he must have felt.

Four North Carolina teenagers charged with killing a friend read him his future from tarot cards before he was beaten with a hammer and suffocated with duct tape, according to police search warrants.
    The warrants provide the first public details of the investigation since police found the body of Matthew Silliman, 18, on Dec. 3 in a plastic bag in a Wake County home, The News & Observer of Raleigh reported Thursday.
    Four friends of the Eagle Scout - Drew Shaw, 16, Ryan Hare, 18, and Aadil Khan, 17, of Apex and Allegra Dahlquist, 17, of Cary - each face one count each of murder. Hare and Shaw are also charged with one count of conspiracy to commit murder.
    Defense attorney Joe Cheshire said Dahlquist is talking to investigators and is remorseful. Cheshire said his client has admitted to participating in Silliman's death.
    "She's in adult jail. Her whole world is gone. Emotionally, she's a little girl who rode horses and helped with a pet-sitting service. She's not a bad person," Cheshire said.
    The warrants unsealed late Wednesday also said investigators seized "medications commonly used for animals to plan the murder and read the deceased his fortune using tarot cards just prior to his death."
    They also took bottles of the tranquilizer diazepam from the mobile home.
    The warrants didn't specify a motive.
    The warrants said two suspects confessed and implicated the others, although the documents did not identify the suspects by name. The newspaper reported lawyers and parents of the other suspects didn't want to speak or couldn't be reached.
    Dahlquist's parents own the mobile home where the body was found and have another home in Cary.
    Just another unsympathetic child from hell.

guardmom2008 Guest
    I wonder if she is really remorseful or just sorry that she got caught. They are certainly old enough to know better.

endsleigh03 Guest

Meli Guest
    so sad!

with friends like that, you surely dont need enemies! I hope these little monsters will be charged as adults!!

Guest Guest
    She's not a bad person? Er didn't she help murder somebody? Hmm!!

endsleigh03 Guest
    People who can do this kind of thing need to be put up forever, I don't care how old they are.

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    People who can do this kind of thing need to be put up forever, I don't care how old they are.
    Agreed!

Guest Guest
    She's a little girl who rode horses...blah blah f*ckin blah...she also played with a hammer, duct tape and murderers! What does she want? Freedom and a medal??

I have a strong feeling that she is the one that lured him there. You know she had the Tarot cards. How many teenage guys own Tarot cards?

Who names their kid after an allergy medication?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

fultondyke Guest
    Shit!!! This reminds me of the Bobby Kent murder (on which the movie Bully was based)...It'll be interesting to see how this story unfolds.

Armcast Guest
    Shit...this makes me want to look over my friends list here and "review" who might want to off me...

octobersky Guest
    wow. sick sick people. why do people always say, "she/he is a good person" after they kill someone? seriously... you helped to kill someone with a hammer, you are the freaking pope.

Yeah well typical for a defense lawyer...but there are some hags on the Bettie Page thread I want on my jury. Bettie just went after old people and used knives though instead of friends with hammers.

seriously....how tragic is this? neat friends

Nope, she is a bad person. That's it.

Lout_Rampage Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kmed1971 View Post
    I have a strong feeling that she is the one that lured him there. You know she had the Tarot cards. How many teenage guys own Tarot cards?
    lol true

Quote Originally Posted by kmed1971 View Post
    I did.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fultondyke View Post
    Shit!!! This reminds me of the Bobby Kent murder (on which the movie Bully was based)...It'll be interesting to see how this story unfolds.
    It reminds me of the West Memphis Three. Stupid kids get bored & kill some other kids for kicks. Horrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    I did.
    Nuff said.

Lout_Rampage Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    It reminds me of the West Memphis Three. Stupid kids get bored & kill some other kids for kicks. Horrifying.

Nuff said.
    That's debatable. Not that I'm going to debate it here.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    I did.
    Ich, you march to the beat your own drummer.

I will keep you hags updated on this drama.

gemini33 Guest
    Facebook and MySpace... no good period.

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini33 View Post
    Facebook and MySpace... no good period.
    You think people said that about the car and the telephone when they were invented? We don't get our news from the bible anymore, you know?

Granted, these websites make losers out of youth who spent too much time on them.
    Last edited by deathybrad; 12-19-2008 at 03:42 AM.

gemini33 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    You think people said that about the car and the telephone when they were invented? We don't get our news from the bible anymore, you know?
    Internet is great! I couldn't live without it. My point Brad is these site are nothing but trouble. From experience!

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini33 View Post
    Internet is great! I couldn't live without it. My point Brad is these site are nothing but trouble. From experience!
    Everything is trouble without moderation.

If these kids were as dedicated to religion as they were to myspace they would be killing people behind abortion clinics.

ghoulgurl Guest
    Everything is trouble without moderation.

If these kids were as dedicated to religion as they were to myspace they would be killing people behind abortion clinics.
    Yeah, I have to agree with deathy, moderation is key. The social networking sites are now just another tool for people to harass others. I know that myspace is being monitored for gang activity. I thought facebook skewed a little older.

octobersky Guest

That's a really good point. Very true.

http://www.wral.com/news/video/8322310/#/vid8322310

They are finally putting these people on trial. I hate plea deals. This whole case makes me want to vomit.
    "There are two things you gotta learn how to say in life, thank you, and fuck you."-John Rzeznik

tarsier Guest

Granted, these websites make losers out of youth who spent too much time on them.
    The car? How many folks have died from that invention. Interesting analogy and I think of the number of folks supposed to be killed by combining telephones with automobiles. just saying...

The defense is trying to call this "assisted suicide". Wow. Just wow.

TIMB1967 Guest
    I just looked over my Friend List on Facebook...and defriended several people...most of them family

TIMB1967 Guest
    leaches

RaRaRamona Guest
    Wow I had forgotten about this one.

michellezearing Guest
    I was just thinking that I should unadd people on my facebook too. I join all those communities and like all those celebrities.. Who owns those pages? I dunno!

KarmaKat Guest
    Yeah you definately have to be careful who your friends are. In BOTH real and cyber life.