Thread: George "Buck" Flower

jay Guest

George "Buck" Flower

George "Buck" Flower (October 28 1937 â?? June 18 2004) was an American actor.

George enlisted in the army as a teenager and enrolled at Eastern Oregon College following his military service. Flower then moved to California and attended Pasadena City College. He soon became a member of the repertory theater group The Inspiration Players and stayed with the group for 12 years.

George got his start acting in low budget films in the 1970's.

Due to his gruff appearance, he was often cast as a drunk or homeless character. Director John Carpenter gave Flower a cameo role in almost every film he made throughout the 1980s.

Some of George's big screen credits incude The Fog, Escape from New York, Back to the Future, Back to the Future part 2 and
    Wes Craven's Wishmaster.

On TV Flower made apperances on The Dukes of Hazzard, L.A. Law, NYPD Blue, ER and Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.

George also served as a casting director, a producer, a second unit director and a co-writer on numerous films.

Flower died of cancer at age 66 on June 18th 2004.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buck flower.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	10780

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Who did he play in Back to the Future?!?!?!

jay Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    Who did he play in Back to the Future?!?!?!
    He played Red Thomas the bum

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I can't remember him...I watched BTTF 3 last week...He wasn't in that one...I have seen all three a million times...I'm gonna haveta watch em again...

Guest Guest
    Great thread! Great character star. I remember him well

The Lucky One Guest
    R.I.P Buck, we love you!