Thread: Dabbs Greer

Danny62 Guest

Dabbs Greer

A native of Fairview, Missouri, Greer is best remembered for his role as the Reverend Robert Alden on the television series "Little House On The Prairie", from 1974 to 1983. He also played the role of the first person saved by Superman in the very first episode of the "Adventures of Superman" TV series in 1952, and that of the older Tom Hanks character in feature "The Green Mile." Greer's acting career spanned some 57 years. He passed away shortly after celebrating his 90th birthday.

Apr 2, 1917-Apr 28, 2007

I honestly only remember this guy in the episode of TAGS where Barney becomes a realtor and whats him to buy Andys house!

kelbons Guest
    Oh, I loved him! He was also the minister that married Carol and Mike Brady on the first episode of "The Brady Bunch."

blair Guest
    Love me some Dabbs!

I remember seeing him in The Green Mile and thinking "He's not dead yet??" He looked old in the Little House days and those were 30 years ago.

Did a great job in that flick.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

pinkrose35 Guest
    I was surprised also to see him in the Green Mile. He did such great work.

RoRo Guest
    he was a great actor..he seemed so sweet and caring!

lostsoul23 Guest
    I got a kick out of him when he did a guest spot on "Roseanne." He was at the bar asking women "will you go home with me?" while playing cards.

harlequin_clown Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsoul23 View Post
    I got a kick out of him when he did a guest spot on "Roseanne." He was at the bar asking women "will you go home with me?" while playing cards.
    "Bar closes at 2!!"

"Did you know I once killed a man by pressing on his throat?"

Can you tell I am a Roseanne addict???

baltimore1977 Guest
    He also starred in "Picket Fences," one of the great TV series of the 1990s.

We've also lost Robert Cornthwaite (who played Alzheimer's patient Howard Buss) and Ray Walston (who played Henry Bone) from the series, but Fyvush Finkel is still around at age 85.

I am watching the green mile right now. I looked him up on wiki, and what surprised me is that he never married nor had any kids. He was excellent in the green mile. Very underrated actor.

I remember his cameo in Con Air. He was hilarious! Best part of the movie.

BTW - I agree Donnagg123. He was seriously underrated. What a great actor.
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Donnagg123 View Post
    I am watching the green mile right now. I looked him up on wiki, and what surprised me is that he never married nor had any kids. He was excellent in the green mile. Very underrated actor.
    I thought Greer was perfectly cast in The Green Mile. He was the mirror image of what I thought the character would look and sound like etc., when I read the book.

Billy Weathersby Guest

Billy

Mr Greer was indeed a nice man..I had his address and sent him a SASE and a 3x5 card for him to sign for my handicapped granddaughter..Mr. Greer responded in a couple of weeks and sent her the signed card PLUS several signed photos, including one taken of him in what he called "The Green Mile shack"..(the one at the end of the movie where he kept Mr. Jingles.)...AND a hand-written note for her...Yessir, a nice man indeed.