Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Christmas special or movie

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by michael d View Post
    A Christmas Story
    The Homecoming, Christmas on Walton's Mountain (great role for Patricia Neal)
    Scrooge
    Bad Santa- (I really miss Bernie Mac)
    We just watched Bad Santa saturday night..great movie! and yeah I was thinking the same about Bernie Mac..John Ritter too!

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    Oh hey, what was that Christmas movie with the character named Addie that Jason Robards is in? I loved those as a kid. I'd love to see those again. I'm sure they'd be totally corny to me now.

Remember Mary Katherine Gallagher doing the monologue on SNL?
    The House without a Christmas Tree..I think!

DexterFan Guest
    Definately Bad Santa, that was cool.

National Lampoons Vacation is always funny

steve6 Guest

audio commentary

I, like millions, have seen the flick a jillion times. But finally got a chance to watch it in Blu Ray this year (MARVELOUS), and then again with the commentary. Just Bob Clark (rest his soul) and Peter Billingsley. I usually find these things annoying as hell, but their comments were most enlightening. I highly recommend this, even if you're prepared for the marathon again!

Quote Originally Posted by KCSunshine View Post
    "Yooouuuu'lll shoot your eyeeeee oouuuttttt!!!!!!!"

surfca2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    A Christmas Story

I keep it on the full 24 hours it plays on TBS, even if I go to sleep or leave for dinner somewhere. I never get sick of it.

I remember last year when it played for 24 hours. I watched it about 3 times. The day after Christmas I flew back to California from the east coast.

Three guesses what movie they played on the flight?

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    My favorite is "Santa and The Three Bears". Anybody remember this one? It's about two bear cubs named Nakomi and Chinook, that instead of hibernating with their mother, want to stay awake and celebrate Christmas. It hasn't been shown on TV for awhile. I miss it.
    Another favorite of mine, being a girl who grew up in Connecticut is :
    THE YULE LOG!! Love seeing my TV screen filled with the image of a fire burning in the fireplace and holiday music playing in the backround! Even though I have a fireplace of my own now, I still watch The Yule Log, while unwrapping presents on Christmas day.
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

Cettie Guest
    White Christmas for sure and I also love Charlie Brown Christmas, I have watched it every single year since it first came out and won't miss it now. The memories it brings with it are a taste of home.

STRAIGHT Guest
    A Charlie Brown Christmas.

kimba Guest
    Cool- I found I had my VHS copy of Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol - so I burned it to DVD!
    It's starting to deteriorate, so I wanted to save it.
    And- thanks to my hag buddy Jack's Girl! - I ordered my copy of A Wish For Wings That Work on DVD- it came this week, and I've already watched it! If anyone wants a VHS version- let me know!
    I'd like to see Scrooged again...

and in my Christmas package from Ontario...the hubster tossed in my old VHS copy of- The Small One.
    Anybody remember that ? It was from Disney, directed by Don Bluth, before he left to start his own company, and it's about a boy who has to sell his elderly donkey. We all know where that donkey ended up don't we?
    It's beautifully done, and the main character reminds me of Mowgli from the Jungle Book. A sweet tale of the events surrounding the nativity. Also on the tape were two silly symphonies - Winter and Artic Antics, and a short :Feliz Navidad with Donald Duck and Jose Carioca the parrot.
    Brings back memories of Christmas from my youth.
    and yeah- I'm burning it too.
    Still gotta get Nestor though...
    Last edited by kimba; 12-21-2008 at 05:11 AM.

FannyB1923 Guest
    the Claymation Christmas special is pretty cool. I sit there and wonder how they did it. (LOL, one frame at a time!)

kimba Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post
    the Claymation Christmas special is pretty cool. I sit there and wonder how they did it.
    verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry carefully!

12. 12-21-2008, 03:06 AM

Outlier Guest
    "A Charlie Brown Christmas" for me. But also "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer." A friend just burned me a copy of a "best of" Andy Williams Christmas Specials, which is a hoot. I also own a Donny & Marie one. Also, I have a feeling I'm going to be watching that Colbert Christmas for years to come.

Forever-27 Guest
    Sam Kinison meets Al Bundy.

Where the Married .... With Children show has Sam kinison as the angel that takes Al Bundy and shows him what it would be like if Al were never born. Loved it when it originally aired and I still watch it to this day.

BigBootyJudy Guest
    I love almost any Christmas special but I especially liked "The Night They Save Christmas" with Jacklyn Smith and Paul LeMat nad Art Carney as Santa. They hardly ever play that anymore and you can't get it on DVD or VHS

ozzysmom Guest
    Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation are my favorites...oh and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer too.

I♥TinyTim Guest
    Alanwench I love your avatar! LOL

My favorite Christmas movies are:

1. A Christmas Carol

2. (Anything Charlie Brown)

3. Scrooged

4. The old 1960's clay animated ones with the abominable snow man. (He's so cute with his big, round blue nose...lol).
    Last edited by I♥TinyTim; 12-22-2008 at 03:17 PM.

**Jenna** Guest
    Last night I watched the Grinch who stole Christmas. Its so funny becasue when he started stealing the who's christmas crap my 7 yearold was cheering and said that's the best part I love the grinch he's so cute! He ranks right up there in meh book with Scrooge.

cynnbox Guest
    i cant remember if I posted in this thread or not but my all time fav, hands down: National Lampoons Christmas Vacation!

I♥TinyTim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cynnbox View Post
    i cant remember if I posted in this thread or not but my all time fav, hands down: National Lampoons Christmas Vacation!
    Oh, geez... Can't believe I forgot about that one... One of my favs too!

I never realized this but apparently, the town where It's a Wonderful Life is set is a real place.
    Frank Capra's Bedford Falls is modelled on the real town of Seneca Falls in New York State. It now evenb has a bridge known as
    George Bailey's Bridge, and it is supposedly nearly identical to the bridge that Jimmy Stewart jumps off in the movie.

It's a major award! -Anyone else watching A Christmas Story?

You have 24 hours to catch it!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MorbidMolly Guest
    I turned it from my Satan inmate show just for you Lu.....it is a TV must at Christmas

Screwtape Guest
    I got it on, as always.

YOU USED UP ALL THE GLUE ON PURPOSE.

LOL!! Yeah!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LOGO is showing The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert nonstop on XMas.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

endsleigh03 Guest
    My tradition is to watch bits and pieces of it for the whole 24 hours.....

JestersKiss Guest
    Ohhhhh, better turn channels

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    I got it on, as always.

YOU USED UP ALL THE GLUE ON PURPOSE.

Darrin McGavin makes the whole movie for me.....freaking HILARIOUS

I looked up the script online once to see if there were actual words for the cursing but there aren't any. So he made them all up. The only ones I can figure out are "nickelphifer," "nadafinga" and "monday noodle."
    Last edited by Luanne; 12-24-2008 at 06:11 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MorbidMolly Guest
    I looked up the script online once to see if there were actual words for the cursing when he's battling the furnace both times ("It's aaa clinker!") but there aren't any. So he made it up. The only ones I can figure out are "nickelphifer," "madafinga" and "monday noodle."
    I can fill in the blanks if you need Lu

OMG, this ornament is "indescribably beautiful"!!! I want one.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RoRo Guest
    dammit I want LOGO!!! then I could watch both!!!!

34. 12-24-2008, 05:51 PM

Oohhhhhhh FFFFUUUUDDDDDDDGGGEEEEEEEE.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Tracyb24 Guest
    Schwartz is gettin his!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracyb24 View Post
    I love that! My husband went Xmas shopping for me and our daughter on Monday. He went to a Hallmark store that had an ornament of the leg lamp in a little crate that said fragile. You could open it up and the lamp would pop out. Do you know the big ol SOB didn't buy it for me? He started to but it was *GASP* 20 bucks. Nevermind the fact that he spent 50 on UFC action figures. Boy, I was and am still steamed.
    Action figures??? Dammit. Now if they were A Christmas Story action figures, that's OK. Can't he go back and buy it? It will be on sale on Friday...

I have a leg lamp night light. You can even buy a string of leg lamp lights from the Christmas Story House website. This movie has to be the one incredibly dorky thing that I am so into I wouldn't care if I had everything associated with it. I used to have a Ralphie bobblehead that came with the 20th anniversary DVD but he was top heavy and his head broke off. I still have it all, though, decapitated and all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I got both Priscilla and Christmas Story on DVD - I can watch either at ANY time I want...

I have A Christmas Story on DVD, too, but it feels right to watch it "live."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cubbiecatz Guest
    This is my favorite Christmas movie, and I don't have cable.

They really should show it on a network station, at least once during Christmas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JestersKiss Guest

JestersKiss Guest

cubbiecatz Guest
    They really should show it on a network station, at least once during Christmas.

I totally agree. It was a tradition with my brother and I to watch this

JestersKiss Guest

cubbiecatz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JestersKiss View Post

The bunny outfit. One of the best scenes.

JestersKiss Guest

JestersKiss Guest

JestersKiss Guest
    here he is all growed up

JestersKiss Guest

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cubbiecatz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JestersKiss View Post
    here he is all growed up

He is a hottie!