Thread: Guy Peellaert

Noreen Guest

Guy Peellaert

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/artdesign/sto...t.html#Scene_1

I loved this guy. What a great artist! Did the cover for Bowie's Diamond Dogs and others. Also, his book Rock Dreams was just beautiful. I still have an old tattered copy. Anyone else see that book? It was beautifully brilliant.

RIP Guy, you gave my dreams pictures. Thank you

Noreen Guest
    Anyone?

well,yes i certainly do. jagger told bowie of guy and so david scooped the stones on the album covers. the spray painted or as we may now say "tagged" it's only rock and roll" on the back cover was art and criticism at the same time. don't want to get too snooty because it's... well i like it anyway.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

Guest Guest
    Yes indeed! I have every Bowie album and a book of Guy's art. R.I.P Guy

My eyes are fucked. I thought this was going to be a thread about male incontinence. I have all the Bowie albums. Vinyl and CD.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Noreen Guest
    male incontinence? LMAO

he was influential too,as i have the print of james dean and humphrey bogart trying to shoot pool if marilynn would set the cue ball down,as the Three Stooges arrive in formal wear.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

ratkin638 Guest
    I definitely remember Peellaert's work! I still have a copy of "Rock Dreams" laying around somewhere. I also had a copy of the original, unairbrushed copies of the Diamond Dogs cover. It was among a variety of collector's item albums that I sold to help beef up the down payment on my house!

As much as I loved his album covers, I think that "Rock Dreams" remains his best work.

RIP Guy.