Thread: Ramones Manager Linda Stein

relander Guest

Exclamation Ramones Manager Linda Stein

On October 30, 2007, Stein was found dead at age 62 in her apartment in Manhattan. Police ruled Stein's death a homicide. She was 62 years old.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/01/ny...=1&oref=slogin

R.I.P.
    Last edited by relander; 11-01-2007 at 03:11 AM. Reason: update

Cataroo Guest
    Wow ... how unbelievably sad. I hope they catch the jerk that did this!

Gabba Gabba FUCK. Good find, I never knew of her, but what an interesting individual. Thanks relander. RIP.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    man, that sucks. she was an older lady, which just makes me sick. such a shame. my prayers go out to Seymour, her family, friends and her children.

epicentre Guest

Ramones manager beaten to death

Original article here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7073241.stm

Linda Stein, former co-manager of punk band The Ramones, has been found dead at her Manhattan apartment.

A pathologist said the 62-year-old, who went on to become one of New York's leading estate agents, died from blows to the head and neck.
    Stein, the ex-wife of Sire Records head Seymour Stein, managed the Ramones with Danny Fields during their 1970s heyday.
    After parting company with the band in 1980, she went into property. Her clients included Sting and Billy Joel.
    Long-time friend Sir Elton John told the New York Times he was "absolutely shocked and upset".
    'Roller coaster'
    According to the newspaper, Stein was the model for the agent who tries to sell Charlie Sheen's character an apartment in the film Wall Street.
    Born in Manhattan, she worked as a teacher before a blind date with Seymour Stein brought her into the music business.
    The record mogul would later tell Vanity Fair magazine their marriage had resembled "eight years on a roller coaster, and not always strapped in". Stein is credited with arranging The Ramones' July 1976 appearance at the Roundhouse in London, thought to be one of the key moments in the creation of the British punk scene.

relander Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    Gabba Gabba FUCK. Good find, I never knew of her, but what an interesting individual. Thanks relander. RIP.
    Thanks Scott! Very interesting person indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    man, that sucks. she was an older lady, which just makes me sick. such a shame. my prayers go out to Seymour, her family, friends and her children.
    Yes, shit like this is really heartbreaking...

Death Hag Chris Guest
    ther'es already a thread about this.

They should be able to find out who whacked her... such a high security building (cameras, whitenesses, etc...). Also, it had to be somebody she knew (no forced entry)... scary to know you are never safe no matter how rich and "protected" you are.

I hope whomever did it, is being haunted by Joey, Johnny and Dee Dee.

epicentre Guest
    Sorry about that - does anybody know how to delete a post/thread or is that admin-only?

Rugger57 Guest

Joey, Johnny, DeeDee

In your post, Scott, are you refering to Joey Bishop, Johnny Carson and DeeDee Doodlebop?????? LOL!

Do you think the lyrics to "Beat on the brat" was a premonition?

sorry... in poor taste but I couldn't resist. R.I.P.

relander Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    Also, it had to be somebody she knew (no forced entry)
    Quite true in most cases...

http://www.abcactionnews.com/enterta...5-1bbba3858df1

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...ple_eye-1.html
    Last edited by relander; 11-02-2007 at 11:22 AM. Reason: update

Yeah this was definitely an inside job (thanks for the links!)... and I hate to say this (but I will) this woman could have played in the Ramones and nobody would have been the wiser, wow... she definitely didn't make it on her looks (which I respect).
    Last edited by Jason; 11-02-2007 at 11:30 AM.

deathybrad Guest
    Sounds like she was beaten to death.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Secure building with cameras and a doorman.
    No forced entry so it was someone she knew and/or trusted.
    Beat to death so there is lots of DNA.

I'd give it 5 days tops before a suspect is arrested.

Raul Diaz Bernal, the former assistant to "realtor to the stars" Linda Stein, is scheduled to meet today with detectives investigating 62-year-old Stein's bludgeoning death this week. Bernal worked with Stein at the brokerage firm Prudential Douglas Elliman and was fired after the two argued over a commission. The two-time cancer survivor and one-time punk-rock promoter was discovered dead on the floor of her Manhattan penthouse by her daughter on Tuesday night. Police believe Stein knew her killer and allowed him into her apartment. (Starpulse; Newsday; previously; photo by Roberta Bayley/Retna: Stein, third from right, outside CBGB in 1976 with husband Seymour Stein, Iggy Pop, and the Ramones)

Jaxxx Guest
    Older woman.........watch out here.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxx View Post
    Older woman.........watch out here.
    I meant no disrespect. she was my mom's age. and it would kill me if anyone laid a hand on my mom in a harmful manner. that's all. again, I meant no disrespect.

Ruffian Guest
    This was just posted on TMZ:

NYPD has just announced that they have arrested the personal assistant to Linda Stein, the former manager of the Ramones and "realtor to the stars" who was found bludgeoned to death in her $3 million 5th Avenue apartment.

NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said charges are pending against the assistant, Natavia Lowery of Brooklyn. Browne says the suspect has "made statements implicating herself" in the killing.

Stein was a pioneer in the world of punk rock. She was the ex-wife of Seymour Stein, the former president of Sire Records, who launched the Ramones, Talking Heads and Madonna.

She co-managed the Ramones during the band's heyday and is credited with bringing the group across the pond to Englan

Belle Guest
    Fox is reporting the argument was over pot smoke
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,309957,00.html

Noelle Page Guest
    That evil girl over in Italy who took part in the sex killing of an English girl---and now this. what's up with these violent young women? They;re like the new Manson girls.

Kathyf Guest
    I just read that on TMZ too. Hope they found who they were looking for.

ghoulgurl Guest

Linda Stein (Ramones Manager)

Personal Assistant is Charged in the Death of Linda Stein

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/10/nyregion/10stein.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&hp

25. 11-13-2007, 07:36 AM

hoxharding Guest
    There is an article in the newest The National Enquirer(or the Globe)
    The personal assistant didn't like that Linda always screamed at her.
    Linda had even lost an arm and recently gained use of an arm by doing yoga.

Jazbabee Guest
    any updates on this story ?? It seems to have fallen out of the media eye

relander Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    Book her! Case closed!

http://timworstall.typepad.com/timwo...ia-lowery.html

From what I read, Linda was a hard woman to get along with and drove her assistant insane enough (at least momentarily) to beat the crap out of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    From what I read, Linda was a hard woman to get along with and drove her assistant insane enough (at least momentarily) to beat the crap out of her.
    That is just nuts! If you have had enough of the insults then just go. Move on and do something new with your life. WTF is a yoga stick anyway? Is it like a baseball bat or something?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

the lady obviously had some mental issues, a serial killer in the making perhaps? who knows... if she got away with it maybe she would have been known as the BBK (bitchy boss killer)

relander Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    That is just nuts! If you have had enough of the insults then just go. Move on and do something new with your life. WTF is a yoga stick anyway? Is it like a baseball bat or something?
    Yoga stick specs:

Yoga Danda, also known as Yoga staff is a special T - shaped wooden stick that is mainly used by yogis from ancient times for meditation purposes. This ancient meditation tool when supported under the armpits, regulate the breathing, hence often used prior to Pranayama or meditation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stick-danda.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	1497  

PvN73 Guest

OMG

I am a personal assistant & I am going to send this article to my boss - maybe I will get a raise?

I should buy one of those and keep it at my desk as a "reminder"....

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    Here's a good update from today

http://www.comcast.net/music/article...nager.Slaying/

Male DNA mixed with her blood in the sink...

Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    I am a personal assistant & I am going to send this article to my boss - maybe I will get a raise?

I should buy one of those and keep it at my desk as a "reminder"....
    I like the way you think!!!!

It's so sad that this happened, it's very sad story indeed.

cherryghost Guest
    The Curse of the Ramones!

leeny994 Guest
    so sad, but on the news they said that ( as per the DA's office) that the other dna was only a speck.
    i don't know. i do know i do not believe one word that comes out of the alleged suspect they have right now.... she was trying to open credit cards and accounts in Linda's name AFTER she had died... hmph

NOVSTORM Guest
    I meant no disrespect. she was my mom's age. and it would kill me if anyone laid a hand on my mom in a harmful manner. that's all. again, I meant no disrespect.
    Hey 62 is no spring chicken LOL ASK ME!

leeny994 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    The Curse of the Ramones!
    what is the quote: "Poor ole Ramones, only the drummers left."

Quote Originally Posted by leeny994 View Post
    what is the quote: "Poor ole Ramones, only the drummers left."
    Don't all drummers explode eventually?

cherryghost Guest
    The Ramones drummer has toured the world with his one man Ramones memoir!

I saw him perform (2003)with an all girl backing band (for a drummer?) Video's and his own monologue as a type of Ramones Tribute show, quite bizarre really! Cus in 1980 I saw the Ramones in Sydney! Guess a whole band can vaporise in 20yrs!

I saw the Ramones in Los Angeles. When they searched my stuff when we went in, they took an aspirin away from me. I saw guys coming out of the mosh pit looking like they had broken eye sockets, and missing teeth, bruised with torn clothing, but loving life. Mosh pits changed a lot since I went in them. Oh, and the exploding drummer thing was from the "Spinal Tap" movie, they lost all their drummers that way.

cherryghost Guest
    Yep only too well know the entire spinal tap movie and the legend of its drummers

knibo Guest
    Only after things go to eleven, and freak gardening accidents.

knibo Guest
    Ooohh.. and little green globules....

cherryghost Guest
    And a mini Stonehenge haha!

Seriously agree with Neil its simply nuts or insane to kill your boss, my boss started shouting at me so I left the job! It was a good decision and I didnt have to face a manslaughter charge

I have Spinal Tap taped on my TV!!!! Hope I get to watch it this week.

endsleigh03 Guest
    One of the links says Lowreys next court date is April 24th.

She went to the ATM and withdrew 800 dollars from Linda Steins account after leaving the building that day.

Why don't people just quit jobs if they have become that bad, instead of bashing someone to death.

leeny994 Guest
    she was convicted last month of the murder
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...er_after_.html

Seagorath Guest
    According to the book "Please Kill Me", Dee Dee Ramone, who was bi-sexual, had affairs with both Linda and Seymour Stein...

Betcha didn't know that!