Thread: Peter Boyle

Peter Boyle

This man was awesome! He was buddies with John Lennon, he was hilarious on Everybody Loves Raymond, he was awesome, period.

Does anyone know where he's buried?

-K.

RoRo Guest
    He was a genius at comedy!!
    Not sure where he is buried FindAGrave doesn't have it either so it may not be common knowledge

FoxMulder Guest
    He reminded me so much of my grandpa, his character on Everybody Loves Raymond. He was hilarious. I was rather sad when he died on my birthday.
    Last edited by FoxMulder; 11-01-2007 at 01:25 AM.

Snoopy Guest
    Peter Boyle was awesome..he made that show Everybody loves Raymond and he was priceless as Frankenstein in Young Frankenstein!

Arms of Morpheous Guest
    He was also wonderful in the "Friends of Eddie Coyle" (a Boston mob movie) and surprising good with Peter Falk in the late 70's version of "The Brinks Job" another Boston classic crime story!

I wonder if he went into comedy because of his last name... gotta fend off your foes with humor with a name like that.. Anyway, no idea where he is buried... my guess, the ground sorry for not helping.

Just watched Young Frankenstein again last night, in honor of Halloween. Still funny after all of these years. The scenes with Gene Hackman's blind man are CLASSIC!!

He played a really good bigot in "Monsters Ball".
    Last edited by Aries65; 11-01-2007 at 09:55 AM.

Laura1020 Guest
    I love in "Young Frankenstein" when he's singing "Puttin on the Ritz". Whenever my husband hears that song on the radio, he sings it like Peter Boyle. It's really funny!

I also can't believe he never won an Emmy for his role on "Everybody Loves Raymond".

Ridgecrest, CA-Middle of the Mojave Desert
    Peter Boyle's funeral was in New York at the Frank E. Campbell Funeral Chapel on the Upper East Side. His remains were cremated, but that's all I could find.

loved him in everybody loves raymond... i saw him in santa claus 3 (yes very bad movie) - he looked so frail but was still good.

There is no one quite like Frank Barone. He was great not just in that but also when he was on NYPD Blue and the others mentioned. Great range. I was shocked that John Lennon was his best man at his wedding. Really sorry about his passing. He should have won multiple emmys.

MorbidMolly Guest
    The last time I saw him was on Mind of Mencia and man was he hilarious....he stole the show.....really a true talent

To Cubican

How did you find out about Peter Boyle being cremated? I have looked everywhere for info.

Thanks for letting us know.

I forgot to mention the movie Joe, which starred Mr. Boyle and a very young Susan Sarandon. Great movie!

-K.

l didn't know he died til right now. holy crap.

Kathyf Guest
    Of course Young Frankestein was my favorite, but he was so funny in Raymond. I never tire of watching him.

b57hrle Guest
    I agree... Young Frankenstein is my favorite.... but a quick tidbit... I just watched the Santa Clause and Santa Clause 2 last nite and he was in both movies.. the first one as Tim Allen's boss and the second as Father Time.. I hadnt noticed that before.. lol...

All I can find, is creamated...location of ashes unknown.
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

SueWahoo Guest
    Peter was in Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose. One of my favorite X Files episodes. It also won him an Emmy.

Sue

Peter Boyle was great. The thing that really pissed me off was that all the other actors on Everybody Loves Raymond won Emmys except for Peter Boyle. I think Doris Roberts won more than once. He had only one more chance to win before the show went off the air (he died not long after), so I'm sure all his castmates knew he was very ill. Once again, he didn't win, his last chance. I remember the camera being put on his face - he looked unwell and frail. I think it would have been a marvelous moment for him, that last time. What's up with Hollywood anyway? And the other cast members should have spoken out or said something in his behalf that night, since he got so left out. He played Frank Barone in a way that nobody else could. Without him, the show wouldn't have been anywhere near as funny. It was an ensemble show, he was part of that ensemble and made it what it was. He should have been honored, especially considering the state of his health. Sometimes Hollywood and its mentality can really bug me. He was priceless.
    Last edited by hoorayforhollywood; 11-05-2007 at 06:18 AM.

derbingle Guest
    You somunbatches. How can you forget Boyle's performance in the classic "Johhny Dangerously"? Great movie and he was a part of its fargin greatness.

desert hag Guest
    I was so shocked when I heard he passed. I knew he had health problems, but it seemed like he was always able to overcome them. He was one of those actors who stood out in whatever role he played.

TNpuck Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by derbingle View Post
    You somunbatches. How can you forget Boyle's performance in the classic "Johhny Dangerously"? Great movie and he was a part of its fargin greatness.
    Classic...you fargin icehole!

Kyliegirl1982 Guest

Peter Boyle

Hi all, I was just browsing IMDB and came across Peter's page and it said he had sadly passed away, but I continued reading on and supposedly he has completed a movie in 2008, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001967/ I mean wtf?? can anyone help me Many thanks in advance
    Last edited by Kyliegirl1982; 02-03-2008 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Adding information

motherogod Guest
    The movie was in production for awhile, it probably was finished after his death. I really loved him but what a bastard in Monsters Ball.

Jazbabee Guest
    From his Wikipedia entry;

[edit] Death and legacy

On December 12, 2006, Boyle died in New York City at New York Presbyterian Hospital after suffering from multiple myeloma and heart disease; he was 71.
    At the time of his death, Boyle had completed the film All Roads Lead Home and was scheduled to appear in the film Chatham. His final film, The Santa Clause 3, listed a dedication to his memory at the end of the credits.
    On October 18th, 2007, which would have been his 72nd birthday, Bruce Springsteen at Madison Square Garden in New York, during his performance with the E Street Band, dedicated "Meeting Across the River" into "Jungleland" in memory of Peter Boyle and stated: "An old friend passed away a while back â?? we met him when we first came to New York City... Today would have been his birthday."

Desertrose Guest
    I loved Peter Boyle, one of my favorites. Loved him in Young Frankenstein. Gosh, he was so great. And I loved that John Lennon was his bestman at his wedding. How cool!

Jack Raines Guest
    I liked him in Everybody Loves Raymond and The Dream Team, where he played a psychiatric patient who thought he was Jesus Christ -- and was an exhibitionist.

IncrediblyRotten Guest
    I loved him in everything he ever did. Especially Frank Barone. I never met him, but I miss him dearly.
    Before he went into acting, he was studying to become a monk. John Lennon was his best friend as well as his best man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Raines View Post
    I liked him in Everybody Loves Raymond and The Dream Team, where he played a psychiatric patient who thought he was Jesus Christ -- and was an exhibitionist.
    I loved him in Dream Team too. I think it was his best role!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

I had no idea he even knew John Lennon! awesome!

leeny994 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by suzycreamcheese View Post
    I had no idea he even knew John Lennon! awesome!

he was best man when John and Yoko made it official.

I was thinking about him today. Such a sad loss...

Layla331 Guest
    he just steals every scene on everybody loves raymond..he makes me cry i laugh so hard

He was supremely hilarious in The Dream Team! The scene where he goes into the gospel church and comes to the front of the church to "testify" and he ends up stark naked in front of the congregation...HYSTERICAL!!!!

Such a sad, sad loss...

Loved him! BF and I laugh about how we are going to be Frank and Marie Barone when we're old.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Taggerez Guest
    I guess most people know Peter Boyle from Everyone Loves Raymond. But growing up, I had seen him some of his earlier films, Joe as well as The Friends of Eddie Coyle which someone already noted and Steelyard Blues. Back then, Boyle ran with some radical company Jane Fonda, Donald Sutherland and a bunch of other lefties which might surprise the Everyone Loves Raymond crowd. He grew out of it, however.

RIP

He would be seventy-five years old today....

Happy 75th birthday, Peter Boyle! You are greatly missed.

I LOVE this pic:

Reecy Guest
    I love him on Young Frankenstein I forgot he was on it.

I loved him in the "Dream Team" also. My favorite scene was where the doctor was taking the psychiatric patients to a baseball game. He was trying to get them enthused by singing "Hit the Road Jack". He was having little success until, Boyle sitting in the back of the van, suddenly burst into the song. It was so funny.

leeny994 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sierrarose View Post
    I loved him in the "Dream Team" also. My favorite scene was where the doctor was taking the psychiatric patients to a baseball game. He was trying to get them enthused by singing "Hit the Road Jack". He was having little success until, Boyle sitting in the back of the van, suddenly burst into the song. It was so funny.

One of my favorite parts of that movie is when he is at the Church in Harlem I believe and really has them going, then he starts to take his clothes off!! HIlarious!

Nancy Guest
    I believe someone on here has already mentioned this, but yes, he did study with the Franciscans. I also heard that he once considered the priesthood. If he had become a priest, you can bet the kids wouldn't have gotten by with much. I do think it odd that he was best friends with John Lennon, considering that Mr. Lennon was a New Ager. REST IN PEACE Peter.

KingArthurUp Guest
    I did not know of his friendship with John Lennon.... tell us more!

Nancy Guest
    KingArthur-Yes, John Lennon was Best Man when Peter Boyle married. I don't know much more than that.

44. 12-22-2017, 07:50 AM