Thread: John Fiedler

Danny62 Guest

John Fiedler

A native of Platteville, Wisconsin, he is best remembered as the voice of 'Piglet' in several of the "Winnie the Pooh" animated films and television programs. Ironically he died one day after Paul Winchell who was the voice of 'Tigger.' He was also a talented stage actor.

Feb 3, 1925-June 25, 2005

motherogod Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    A native of Platteville, Wisconsin, he is best remembered as the voice of 'Piglet' in several of the "Winnie the Pooh" animated films and television programs. Ironically he died one day after Paul Winchell who was the voice of 'Tigger.' He was also a talented stage actor.

Feb 3, 1925-June 25, 2005
    I remember that! His voice will always be seared into my mind. So sweet as Piglet, but I can remember it in other things... not sure what yet!!

derbingle Guest
    He was on the Odd Couple, movie and TV.

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    He was the manager of that secure building, that Felix and Oscar wanted to live in.

Also he owned a show dog that they doggie sat.

don't_axe_me Guest
    Danny, are you on a Winnie kick or something?...LOL

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by don't_axe_me View Post
    Danny, are you on a Winnie kick or something?...LOL
    Yep!

My daughter has been watching the older ones so I had to do a search of who of them had died...And I thought hey,death hag material!!!

She is enjoying watching winnie and I am wondering how the actors died. LOL

Arms of Morpheous Guest
    John Fiedler also starred in a very famous Twilight Zone episode as a store manager that complains about ne'r to well "Santa" Art Carney. A masterful piece of acting especially given that it was a weekly series!

Tugboat25 Guest
    I remember him mostly from the Bob Newhart Show.

Cataroo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    She is enjoying watching winnie and I am wondering how the actors died. LOL

You have taken hagginess to a whole new level!!

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataroo View Post
    You have taken hagginess to a whole new level!!
    Yeah we watch older movies and sometimes my wife gives me a quiz about if I know the actor we are watching has lived or died!

Then she asks how, when and where they are buried!!

So I have to keep on my toes!!

cachluv Guest

John Fiedler

I remember him from the movie "The Odd Couple" and "Harper Valley PTA". He was around a lot, certainly never hurting for work.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Meow Guest
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	johnFiedler.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	44534
    Trekkies will remember him in the Star Trek episode "Wolf in the Fold" (The one when Scotty is accused of murdering a woman on a planet they are visiting). Turns out Scotty is innocent but a malevolent being once incarnated as Jack the Ripper turns out to be the real bad guy played by John Fiedler. The Trekkie web site Memory Alpha has this interesting entry: Fiedler said in a 1985 appearance on NBC's Today show, "One of my favorite parts was an episode of Star Trek where I played Jack the Ripper." http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/John_Fiedler

And yes memorable on Newhart and could they have picked a better voice for Piglet

Michigan jim Guest
    12 Angry Men was another great film he was in

that man WORKED his IMBD list is vera vera long ... I remember him best from that episode of The Golden Girls as the geeky quiet short and slight guy who was rockin Dorothy's world in the sack and she couldnt get enough even though he was not even close to her type lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
    that man WORKED his IMBD list is vera vera long ... I remember him best from that episode of The Golden Girls as the geeky quiet short and slight guy who was rockin Dorothy's world in the sack and she couldnt get enough even though he was not even close to her type lol
    That would have been a funny episode, wish I had seen it, but will definitely keep an eye out for it. I noticed he never married?
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Didn't know him by name but as soon as I seen his picture it was like 'ooooooohhhhhhhh'. LOL! That face and that voice. I remember him most on The Night Stalker as Gordy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    I remember him mostly from the Bob Newhart Show.
    I so agree with this. (one of the best American sitcoms) from any year.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.