Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woman Decapitated by School Bus

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    Did the poor woman suffer a Vic Morrow type of fatal injury? I'm wondering if she lost her head, neck and part of the shoulder.

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gapeach View Post
    How do you hit someone, drag them and not know it? Even a squirrel bounces around and ricochets under a car loud enough for you to hit the brakes and say "holy crap" sometimes.

Thank God there were no children on board! That is something they would never get over........

I read about this. I didn't know she was decapitated.

I was on a bus as a teenager and a woman got off and tripped. She went under the bus and was dragged a considerable distance. there were people screaming and cars cutting off the bus but no one knew. he lived but was blinded in one eye. They said her leather coat saved her hide. I still remember her name was Balbeer Gill.

GrinReaper Guest

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by kimba View Post
    Apparently she wasn't decapitated..and only dragged 15 feet...(I know...ONLY!)
    And they think the bus driver may have run a red light!

Anyway here's an update:
    and a piccie of the body..maybe a better angle.
    Toronto woman dies after being dragged under bus

Last Updated: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 | 1:32 PM ET

CBC News

A 59-year-old woman was struck and killed at the corner of Steeles and Pharmacy in Toronto early Tuesday. (Lorenda Reddekopp/CBC)A 59-year-old woman was run over and killed by a small school bus while trying to cross the street at Steeles Avenue East and Pharmacy Avenue on Tuesday morning.
    Toronto police say earlier reports the woman was decapitated are wrong, but she was dragged under the vehicle after being struck around 7 a.m. ET.
    "She was pronounced dead at the scene," said Sgt. Tim Burroughs.
    The driver was travelling along Pharmacy Avenue and making a right-hand turn on to Steeles when the woman was hit.
    The driver was unaware he had hit anyone until eyewitnesses caught his attention, and "has been completely co-operative with police," Burroughs told CBC.ca.
    There were no children or other passengers on the small-capacity yellow school bus at the time the incident occurred, Burroughs said.
    Conflicting eyewitness reports about the accident are emerging, and police are asking anyone who was at the scene to contact authorities.
    After this was posted did everyone miss this?
    So far it seems that I was the only one who noticed.
    It reads that she was not decapitated.

NoviceHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    Burrows said that it has not been determined if charges against the bus driver will be laid.
    What does it say about me that this part stood out more than any other?

Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    After this was posted did everyone miss this?
    So far it seems that I was the only one who noticed.
    It reads that she was not decapitated.
    The original story in the Star said she was decapitated. The later CBC Radio story said she was not. Who do you believe? Toss a coin

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    The original story in the Star said she was decapitated. The later CBC Radio story said she was not. Who do you believe? Toss a coin
    i'd like to believe that she was, as to not take away from this fantastic thread. but that is just my sick, twisted thinking. there seems to be a lot of that in this here forum.

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    i'd like to believe that she was, as to not take away from this fantastic thread. but that is just my sick, twisted thinking. there seems to be a lot of that in this here forum.
    Me too

sunshine74137 Guest
    I like a good head rollin thread

Blackdressdoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Ya think? It never fails to make me giggle when I read such statements.
    lol its true. i wonder how people can be so stupid and write something like that.