Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Shanda Sharer

aedgar5000 Guest
    This has to be one of the worst murders I have ever heard about. God that poor girl suffered. RIP Shanda.

tiffany1976 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pksgigi View Post
    I am not sure if I will get in trouble by the mods for posting this, is it breaking a rule to post the address and phone of a place of business, I have the address and phone number of where Hope works. She works at the Sleepy Hollow Pet Ranch I am almost tempted to call it when they are open to see if she would answer.
    Holy sh*t b*lls! That place is less than 4 miles from where I work. I will have to drive by there one day.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffany1976 View Post
    Holy sh*t b*lls! That place is less than 4 miles from where I work. I will have to drive by there one day.
    Yeah a lot of the reviews about that place, aren't good, well I mean people are angry that the person hired Hope, seems they take great care of the pets though.

Crazy Cat Lady Guest
    Poor Shanda. Her horrible death has stayed with me since I first read about it.

Mammy Guest
    I saw a new article about Melinda Loveless and thought some of you may be interested to read it.

http://www.wthr.com/story/18282924/i...21p7Q.facebook

Hmmm. Jacque is definitely a strong woman to be able to do that. Looking at Melinda as a grown woman training these dogs, though, I can't help but wonder what Shanda would look like now and what she might have accomplished had Melinda just let her be. Good find, thanks for sharing.

Mammy Guest
    You're welcome! I thought it was interesting and I was glad that the article included what Jacque thought about the dog program and she seems to feel that Melinda may finally be changing for the better. As horrible as Shanda's murder was, and it is definitely one of the most horrific murders that I can think of, it must make the pain twice as bad to know that the killers feel no remorse for killing your little girl, inflicting a lifetime of pain on everyone who loved Shanda, and have tried since day one to show themselves as victims. I hope Melinda is finally realizing what she caused and has serious regrets and remorse over it. Jacque is an amazing woman and I admire her strength and dignity so much. She does everything she can to be Shanda's voice and I don't see how she gets through it all. Seeing her on Dr. Phil's show just broke my heart. I hope that her knowing that Melinda is doing something positive will help Jacque, too. She deserves whatever peace she can find.

After finding that article, I googled to see if anything else has gone on with any of the four. I saw a couple of vague references to Hope being in a relationship with a woman much younger than her and that one of them has given birth to a baby boy. I couldn't find anything to link to where I could see if it is true or just a rumor. Has anyone else heard that?

I see mention of Toni having two kids. Don't know if it's true or not. I found this Madison, IN obituary: http://www.morgan-nay.com/obit.aspx?id=185 which mentions a daughter Toni (one of three total) and several grandkids. So it may be possible.

Wild, that was definitely Toni's grandmother.

Mammy, I'm not sure what to think of that article/video. It LOOKS like Melinda has finally shown genuine remorse, though.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Mammy Guest
    Yes, that is Toni's mom who died from cancer. Toni has two children, a daughter named Jaylyn and a son named Jace. Toni actually found some dumb fuck to marry her, but he isn't the father of either one of her children. I found all of that by playing Facebook detective, but it is all set to private now. I guess she was wondering who the creeper was who was stalking her page since I did it from my husband's log-in. I don't have a Facebook page. I actually found the mention of Hope's girlfriend and also pictures of her on a memorial site for Shanda. That is where I saw remarks about a baby boy and people feeling sorry that he would grow up with a mom who helped brutally murder a little girl and is on the sex offender registry. Hope's girlfriend is in the military and very butch. I would have thought it was a guy if I hadn't read otherwise. It all kinda surprised me for several reasons, but mostly because I didn't know Hope was a lesbian. As much as the tabloid style coverage on some shows around the time of Shanda's murder tried to make this all a part of a lesbian love triangle, it seems like the fact that Hope was also a lesbian would have been mentioned. Nobody failed to mention that fact about Laurie. Laurie and Hope had been friends for a long time. I wonder if they were ever a couple? It doesn't matter, but I'm just curious. I've never believed for one second that Shanda was a lesbian and it pissed me off that the crime was portrayed the way it was. She was a confused twelve year old who led a sheltered and protected life who was preyed upon by slightly older, but much more streetwise and manipulative predator, Amanda Heavrin. It makes me ill that any of those evil bitches have children after what they did to someone else's innocent child.

majcm Guest
    Thank you so much for posting that, Mammy!! I hadn't heard about this and I haven't seen Jacque in a few years now. I just really love that woman!! She never fails to surprise me with her strength!! You have never seen a more broken person in your life than Jacque when this happened (except maybe Shanda's dad, Steve). And she has gone on to live her life in amazing ways!! Shanda would be so proud and I agree she would approve 100% with this occupation Melinda is doing. It is the first time for me, also, to see any remorse in her and it did look genuine. Thanks again, Mammy!

Mammy Guest
    You're welcome! I was really touched by the article and I thought others here would be, too. It pleased me to know that Jacque approves of what Melinda is doing and even donated a dog. I hope it helps Jacque to feel like Melinda finally feels some remorse for Shanda's murder.

Wow - never thought I would say this, but Melinda does seem to have grown up a little and actually has some remorse.

She should do her WHOLE sentence for sure, no breaks - but it's better to see her then the other smug little bitches who act like they have not done anything wrong...

Shanda's Mom is a freakin' RockStar all the way around...
    My Posse's On Broadway

Her eyes have completely changed.. wow I think I am going to cry...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Mammy Guest
    Isn't the change in Melinda amazing? It's like looking into her eyes and seeing a human being for the first time.

AnoukH Guest
    Hey guys,
    I'm new on here, but have been interested in this case since a long time and also read Cruel Sacrifice and watched everything that's available on the internet that I could find.
    Since one of you posted a link of Toni's facebook page, I saw some questionnaire - I guess - she filled out.
    Guess people may have seen it before, but just wanted to share it for the people who didn't.
    It's not all that interesting, but maybe there are some more people like me that just wanna read everything that comes from the 'mouth' of any of these girls.
    She filled this out in 2009.

WHAT WAS YOUR:
    1. last beverage = pepsi
    2. last phone call = donna michelle
    3. last text message = squish
    4. last song you listened to = breakin honeys heart
    5. last time you cried = last week

HAVE YOU EVER:
    6. dated someone twice = ugh .... who hasnt
    7. been cheated on = yes
    8. kissed someone & regretted it = hell yes
    9. lost someone special = without a doubt
    10. been depressed = yes
    11. been drunk and threw up = a time or two(or three)

LIST THREE FAVORITE COLORS:
    12. black
    13. pink
    14. Brown

THIS YEAR HAVE YOU: (2009)
    15. Made a new friend = yes
    16. Fallen out of love = no
    17. Laughed until you cried = yes
    18. Met someone who changed you = no
    19. Found out who your true friends were = yes
    20. Found out someone was talking about you = who me? No way!
    21. Kissed anyone on your fb friend's list = yes

GENERAL:
    22. How many people on your fb friends list do you know in real life = all but a few
    . Not sure what this is...
    25. Do you want to change your name = why would I?
    26. What did you do for your last birthday = cried
    27. What time did you wake up today = 6:20am
    28. What were you doing at midnight last night = driving home
    29. Name something you CANNOT wait for = pure happiness
    30. Last time you saw your Mother = oct 8, 2007
    31. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life = past
    32. What are you listening to right now = the fan
    33. Have you ever talked to a person named Tom = sure
    34. What's getting on your nerves right now = lack of sleep
    35. Most visited web page = facebook
    37. Nicknames = bony tone tones puss twiggy
    38. Relationship Status = relationship? HAHA!
    39. Zodiac sign =aquarius
    40. Male or female? = female
    41. Elementary? = eo muncie
    42. Middle?= Madison
    43. High School = Madison
    44. Hair colour = black for now
    45. Long or short = short
    46. Height = 5'3"
    47. Do you have a crush on someone? always
    48. What do you like about yourself? my craziness
    49. Piercings = ears nose tongue back navel
    50. Tattoos = 33
    51. Righty or lefty = right

FIRSTS :
    52. First crush = how the hell do i know
    53. First piercing = my ear
    54. First best friend = donna michelle
    55. First sport you joined = soccer
    56. First vacation = indian rocks beach florida
    58. First car = toyota rav 4
    RIGHT NOW:
    59. Eating = no
    60. Drinking = coke
    61. I'm about to = go to sleep
    62. Listening to = the fan
    63. Waiting for = sleep

YOUR FUTURE :
    64. Want kids? = I have my limit
    65. Get Married? = maybe one day
    66. Career? = factory
    WHICH IS BETTER :
    67. Lips or eyes = eyes
    68. Hugs or kisses = kisses
    69. Shorter or taller= taller
    70. Older or Younger = does it matter
    71. Romantic or spontaneous = Both
    72. Nice stomach or nice arms= doesn't matter
    73. Sensitive or loud = Sensitive
    74. Hook-up or relationship = depends in my mood
    75. Trouble maker or hesitant = both

HAVE YOU EVER :
    76. Kissed a stranger = Yes
    77. Drank hard liquor = Yes
    78. Lost glasses/contacts = no
    79. Sex on first date = no comment
    80. Broken someone's heart = yes
    81. Had your own heart broken = Yes
    82. Been arrested = yes
    83. Turned someone down = Yes
    84. Cried when someone died = Yes
    85. Fallen for a friend? = Yes

DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
    86. Yourself = absolutely
    87. Miracles = Yes
    88. Love at first sight =Yes
    89. Heaven = no
    90. Santa Claus =Yes
    91. Kiss on the first date = hell yea... why waste time on someone who cant kiss
    92. Angels = Yes

ANSWER TRUTHFULLY:
    93. Had more than one bf/gf?= yes
    95. Did you sing today? = yes
    96. Ever cheated on somebody? = yes
    97. If you could go back in time, how far would you go, and why? = 1991, because.
    98. If you could pick a day from last year and relive it, what would it be? none
    99. Are you afraid of falling in love with somebody else? = yes
    100. Posting this as 100 truths? = sure

Her answer to question 97 about how far she would go back in time is pretty remarkable I think.
    Since she answered it with "1991" and the murder took place in 1992 as you all know.

By the way, I'm not from the USA, as most of you here, but I'm a 19-year old girl from The Netherlands, so excuse me for any mistakes in my English..
    I just hope it's not as bad as that of Amanda though..

Mammy Guest
    Welcome to the forum and thank you for posting that! The answer to #97 jumped out at me, too. Shanda was murdered on January 11, so I guess if Toni went back to 1991 then Shanda would still be alive. I can't help but to wonder if Toni ever looks at her little girl and wonders how it would feel to know four girls ganged up on her and tortured her for ten hours while she cried, begged for her life, and called out for her mommy? I really hope those thoughts do go through Toni's mind and she feels guilty for not helping Shanda at all. The only one of the girls who even knew Shanda was Melinda and the other three were total strangers. They were willing to help brutally murder a little girl that they didn't even know. I'll never understand that.

You did fine on your English! There is no way possible to butcher your words and spelling like Amanda does. She's so dumb it's painful!

Nelliebean Guest
    I'm sorry I read the story. What a shame those creatures were released.

Mammy Guest
    I know this sounds incredibly cruel and I would never wish an innocent person dead, but when Toni's mom died I thought to myself "now Toni can feel what it is like to lose someone you love and have to live with the pain and grief and know there is nothing you can do about it."

Djen Guest
    Wow, what an amazing story (about Melinda.) She looks like she finally "gets it" and knows what she's taken. If only all prisoners could face their past this way and make something good happen.

And I'm so impressed with Shanda's mom! I hope I would be that strong and forward-thinking in the same position.

Mammy Guest
    It's hard to believe, but Shanda would be 34 years old today if she was still here. Instead she will forever be 12 years old. Her birthday must be very painful for Shanda's mom.

rest in peace, Shanda
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lisalouver Guest
    Mammy's bump caused me to look at this thread..

I am sorry I read the crime library story. Good God.

I am almost speechless.

I did find that Toni's FB with pics of her and her kids.

https://www.facebook.com/toni.parker.5686/photos

She looks like shit run over three times.

I cannot believe that she has children.

RIP to Shanda..

Mammy Guest
    She's living proof that some guys will stick their pecker into anything. I knew she had children, but is hard to believe. I wonder if she ever thinks about how she would feel if four people ganged up on one of her children and did the same things to them that was done to Shanda? How would she feel if someone sat back and watched as other people beat, tortured, and murdered her child since that's what she did to Shanda, standing around knowing what was going on and not even trying to help Shanda. She's disgusting.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    She's living proof that some guys will stick their pecker into anything. I knew she had children, but is hard to believe. I wonder if she ever thinks about how she would feel if four people ganged up on one of her children and did the same things to them that was done to Shanda? How would she feel if someone sat back and watched as other people beat, tortured, and murdered her child since that's what she did to Shanda, standing around knowing what was going on and not even trying to help Shanda. She's disgusting.
    You said it Mammy.

When I saw her kids on that FB, that is what I thought, I wonder how she would feel if the same thing happened to one of her children.

She makes me sick to my stomach.

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    You said it Mammy.

When I saw her kids on that FB, that is what I thought, I wonder how she would feel if the same thing happened to one of her children.

You can tell we're mom's... I thought the exact same thing.
    Well said Mammy!

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    You said it Mammy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    You can tell we're mom's... I thought the exact same thing.
    Well said Mammy!
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Momma Lions unite! *roar!*

"I just go here!"

PurrPurr Guest
    I'm not even a momma and I want to smack her silly. To think Shanda had the chance of a family of her own stolen from her (in addition to her life, of course) by this despicable woman and others.

This is the thread that brought me to FAD, BTW. I was Googling the Shanda Sharer case and this was one of the links. The whole thing is sad. I have read "Little Lost Angel." I've also read the other book, the one that was heavily biased on Melinda's side, going into detail about her abusive background.

It sickens me that Hope and Toni were released. Just sickens me. Although Toni had the shortest sentence of the three, she only received 20 years, which was the max the judge could've given her. I hope Melinda and Laurie serve out their full sentences.

"I just go here!"

Mammy Guest
    The author of "Little Lost Angel" was Michael Quinlan. He had worked for the Courier Journal which is a daily newspaper based in Louisville, Kentucky which is across the Ohio River Bridge from the location of the crime. The Courier Journal did extensive news stories on Shanda's murder and the trials. Shanda's family appreciated the fact that he gave readers insight into Shanda's life and didn't make his book trashy or tabloidish like the Aphrodite Jones book. She was only twelve years old and there was no reason for all of the tawdry details that may or may not have even been true about Shanda's torture and murder. She was a brutally murdered little girl. Michael Quinlan died from a brain tumor.

Melinda and Laurie won't serve their entire sentences. Indiana as well as Kentucky "rewards" prisoners with "good time" credits. This basically means that a day is taken off of their sentence for everyday they serve, which more or less means their sentences are cut in half. They also receive credit off of their sentences for any self help groups, religious based programs, earning college credits, and Melinda trains service dogs and I'm sure that also counts off of her sentence. It is nearly impossible for an inmate not to get "good time" credits, it is almost automatic unless they commit another serious crime while incarcerated. You would be horrified by some of the paltry sentences people get in Indiana and Kentucky for truly brutal and evil crimes. They are the states to live in if you are criminally minded, IMO.

The author of "Little Lost Angel" was Michael Quinlan. He had worked for the Courier Journal which is a daily newspaper based in Louisville, Kentucky which is across the Ohio River Bridge from the location of the crime. The Courier Journal did extensive news stories on Shanda's murder and the trials. Shanda's family appreciated the fact that he gave readers insight into Shanda's life and didn't make his book trashy or tabloidish like the Aphrodite Jones book. She was only twelve years old and there was no reason for all of the tawdry details that may or may not have even been true about Shanda's torture and murder. She was a brutally murdered little girl. Michael Quinlan died from a brain tumor.

Melinda and Laurie won't serve their entire sentences. Indiana as well as Kentucky "rewards" prisoners with "good time" credits. This basically means that a day is taken off of their sentence for everyday they serve, which more or less means their sentences are cut in half. They also receive credit off of their sentences for any self help groups, religious based programs, earning college credits, and Melinda trains service dogs and I'm sure that also counts off of her sentence. It is nearly impossible for an inmate not to get "good time" credits, it is almost automatic unless they commit another serious crime while incarcerated. You would be horrified by some of the paltry sentences people get in Indiana and Kentucky for truly brutal and evil crimes. They are the states to live in if you are criminally minded, IMO.
    Horrible about them not serving their full sentences. And yes, I much preferred Quinlan's book to Jones'. I had forgotten his name until you mentioned it. 90% of my books are buried in Jory's room and just being unearthed recently, so I'm sure "Little Lost Angel" is in there along with other true crime books. I felt Quinlan's book was better written, gave more detail about Shanda's everyday life. He helped paint the picture of who Shanda was rather than concentrating on her killers, namely Melinda, and trying to pin the blame on Larry Loveless. Which was exactly what Aphrodite Jones did. I didn't care for her version of the story. My bestie had her book, and i had Quinlan's. We each read our own books, then switched.

"I just go here!"

Mammy Guest
    I've read both books, but I bought "Little Lost Angel" and just borrowed Aphrodite's book from my sister. After reading it, I'm glad I didn't waste my money on it. I think that Laurie and Melinda likely did have rough childhoods, but it doesn't excuse them for what they did to Shanda. You had a rough childhood and are a good person. My husband had a crappy childhood and is also a good person. Even Melinda's two sisters who grew up in the same household haven't killed anyone. I don't like it when authors try to make excuses for sadistic, sociopathic murderers. You would be amazed at some of the pathetic prison sentences people receive in these two states. It's an embarrassment.

Yes, I agree. People are using their crappy childhoods as excuses for murder and other crimes and it needs to stop. Yes, I had a downright shitty childhood, and spent 7 years from the ages of 3 to 10 being horribly and sadistically sexually abused. But I didn't go on a killing spree and kill anyone, nor did I lure anyone out of his or her home and murder that person, no. I also did not sexually abuse anyone else, I broke the cycle. It's hard, but it can be done.

I'm so sick of the Melinda Lovelesses of the world, blaming their crimes on their abusers. Whining that the abuse "made them do it." Bullshit. Melinda just wanted someone to blame, and she pinned it all on her father Larry Loveless. If I remember correctly, Larry was tried for his abuse of Melinda and her sisters, but I don't remember what ever came of the case. Laurie Tackett had a shitty childhood, but she didn't blame her crimes on that. She said she just "wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone."

As for Toni, she didn't have any background of abuse that the books talked about, Hope, either. Or if there was, I must have missed it somehow.

"I just go here!"

Mammy Guest
    Larry Loveless is dead, so at least he won't be mistreating anyone else. He was a sick fucker, but he treated Melinda better than he treated anyone else. I think Laurie's mother was a very strict religious nut and I'm pretty sure her dad, George, is dead, too. From all I've read, Toni and Hope had pretty decent childhoods. Toni's mom is also dead, but I haven't read anything about Hope's parents for years.

Seagorath Guest
    This is just a sad story.

Larry Loveless is dead, so at least he won't be mistreating anyone else. He was a sick fucker, but he treated Melinda better than he treated anyone else. I think Laurie's mother was a very strict religious nut and I'm pretty sure her dad, George, is dead, too. From all I've read, Toni and Hope had pretty decent childhoods. Toni's mom is also dead, but I haven't read anything about Hope's parents for years.
    Yes, that is good. I think Melinda was Larry's favorite, though. Aphrodite Jones' book talked about that, how she was his favorite, he called her "Lindy Star," etc, etc. Laurie's mother WAS a nutjob. Probably would've been a member of the Westboro Baptist Church. LOL

"I just go here!"

I feel like asking for a friend request on her face book , and then posting under her pictures with her kids, Yeah Shanda would probably have kids as well, yeah to bad Shanda Can't have a mommy daughter day, yeah to bad Shanda can't spend time with her mom, etc.

Toni "likes" a page supporting this woman's case: https://sites.google.com/site/justsarahjo/. Sounds like someone portraying herself as an "innocent bystander" much as Toni claimed to be in Shanda's case. I haven't read into the Sarah Jo case yet, but just a brief glimpse at that site reads that way. Not sure how valid that claim is. Sarah Jo says someone else committed murder (with her gun bought the same day) while she was out for a walk at 11:30 pm in Indianapolis...

And I found out why Hope Rippey isn't a registered sex offender anymore. http://www.in.gov/idoc/reentry/2505.htm. Basically, if you committed your crime prior to 7/1/2007 and you haven't reoffended, even if you were supposed to register for life, you don't have to anymore.

Seagorath Guest
    Four words to describe the women who did this...BUTCHY, FRUSTRATED, EVIL and ALONE. The end.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatgrrl View Post
    And I found out why Hope Rippey isn't a registered sex offender anymore. http://www.in.gov/idoc/reentry/2505.htm. Basically, if you committed your crime prior to 7/1/2007 and you haven't reoffended, even if you were supposed to register for life, you don't have to anymore.
    So, if a person is sentenced to life, they don't actually have to serve a life sentence. If a person was required to be on a sex offender registry for life and their crime happened before July 2007, they don't actually have to register for life. Shanda Sharer was tortured, taunted, beaten, stabbed, strangled, sodomized, and burned to death and she is still dead and will remain so forever. There's something very wrong with that picture!

So, if a person is sentenced to life, they don't actually have to serve a life sentence. If a person was required to be on a sex offender registry for life and their crime happened before July 2007, they don't actually have to register for life. Shanda Sharer was tortured, taunted, beaten, stabbed, strangled, sodomized, and burned to death and she is still dead and will remain so forever. There's something very wrong with that picture!
    Indeed. I watched the Dr. Phil episode linked in this thread last night. All Hope can say is that she was a weak kid, and Amanda that she got kicked off the basketball team. Ridiculous.

Mammy Guest
    You could tell that Dr. Phil wanted to throttle Amanda's stupid ass! She took no responsibility whatsoever for the part she had in Shanda's murder. Jacque made it very clear that she considered Amanda a predator and believed that Shanda would still be alive if Amanda had just left her alone like she was told to do. I think Jacque and Steve did everything they knew to do to try to remove Shanda from Amanda's reach by talking to Amanda's dad and also by enrolling Shanda in a private school and Amanda still wouldn't leave her alone. Amanda didn't even have the nerve to face Jacque and Paije, she preferred to sit backstage and whine to Dr. Phil about how rough her life was after Shanda was murdered. It blew my mind that the idiot had the nerve to talk about being kicked off of the basketball team, like she expected sympathy for that. The only credit I will give Hope is that she faced Jacque and Paije, even if she really didn't have anything to say that was worth hearing. I wonder if Toni was invited to appear on the show?

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatgrrl View Post
    Are you effing kidding me???? Bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit.

You are so right, Mammy. They should remain on the sex offender list forever, IMO. And unfortunately, in MO, a life sentence is 35 years. Depending on the heinousness of the crime, or the age of the victims involved, the judge can sentence an offender to more than life, like a straight 50 years or whatever for the offense. And of course, death in capital murder cases.

You could tell that Dr. Phil wanted to throttle Amanda's stupid ass! She took no responsibility whatsoever for the part she had in Shanda's murder. Jacque made it very clear that she considered Amanda a predator and believed that Shanda would still be alive if Amanda had just left her alone like she was told to do. I think Jacque and Steve did everything they knew to do to try to remove Shanda from Amanda's reach by talking to Amanda's dad and also by enrolling Shanda in a private school and Amanda still wouldn't leave her alone. Amanda didn't even have the nerve to face Jacque and Paije, she preferred to sit backstage and whine to Dr. Phil about how rough her life was after Shanda was murdered. It blew my mind that the idiot had the nerve to talk about being kicked off of the basketball team, like she expected sympathy for that. The only credit I will give Hope is that she faced Jacque and Paije, even if she really didn't have anything to say that was worth hearing. I wonder if Toni was invited to appear on the show?
    I wonder that, too, Mammy. IMO, Amanda was a chicken to not face Jacque and Paije. She should've faced them and endured their wrath because she had it coming.

"I just go here!"

Mammy Guest
    I thought Amanda had a really flippant attitude about the whole show and seemed to have a chip on her shoulder the entire time she was talking to Dr. Phil. I think she really does see herself as a victim and seems to enjoy her "notoriety" for her association with the crime and people involved. I've seen some Topix posts that she has supposedly made and if it really was her posting, she's dumber than a bag of hammers. No more than what she contributed to the Dr. Phil show, she may as well have kept her nasty ass at the house.

I thought Amanda had a really flippant attitude about the whole show and seemed to have a chip on her shoulder the entire time she was talking to Dr. Phil. I think she really does see herself as a victim and seems to enjoy her "notoriety" for her association with the crime and people involved. I've seen some Topix posts that she has supposedly made and if it really was her posting, she's dumber than a bag of hammers. No more than what she contributed to the Dr. Phil show, she may as well have kept her nasty ass at the house.
    Yup, I thought that, too. I saw some of those postings, too. She needs help with grammar and her spelling is atrocious.

"I just go here!"

Mammy Guest
    I know anyone could have made those posts and claimed to be her, but I always got the feeling it honestly was her posting. From the way she acted on Dr. Phil and some of the things I have seen on Facebook with her, those Topix posts just seem to fit her character perfectly.

Shanda. Sweet Shanda. She is what got me into true crime. I picked up this book when it was new on the shelves because the girl listed on the back shared my name, MElinda. And I had an enemy in school, Amanda. I may have been a teenager when I read it but here I am all these yrs later and it's still the one that pulls at my heart. I know this case inside and out. I've had insight from some people close to key players. I have seen with my own eyes regardless of Melinda seeming changed by this dog program, she is not. Poor Jacque is being played again. My heart breaks for that family. Sure Melinda gets a love and attachment to the puppies, but Melinda is not a changed woman. I have no nice words regarding her or Amanda.

My husband once had to go to Kentucky to pickup an item he purchased and I rode with him. Just for the chance to go visit Shanda's grave site. This girls story touched me still over 15 yrs ago and I still teared up to be there. Prayers for her family forever and always. I can not even begin to imagine that pain.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Malindak2 View Post
    Shanda. Sweet Shanda. She is what got me into true crime. I picked up this book when it was new on the shelves because the girl listed on the back shared my name, MElinda. And I had an enemy in school, Amanda. I may have been a teenager when I read it but here I am all these yrs later and it's still the one that pulls at my heart. I know this case inside and out. I've had insight from some people close to key players. I have seen with my own eyes regardless of Melinda seeming changed by this dog program, she is not. Poor Jacque is being played again. My heart breaks for that family. Sure Melinda gets a love and attachment to the puppies, but Melinda is not a changed woman. I have no nice words regarding her or Amanda.

My husband once had to go to Kentucky to pickup an item he purchased and I rode with him. Just for the chance to go visit Shanda's grave site. This girls story touched me still over 15 yrs ago and I still teared up to be there. Prayers for her family forever and always. I can not even begin to imagine that pain.
    You know, I've thought about the same things you mentioned about Melinda. She seems to be really into the dogs she trains and even seemed to show some actual emotions, enough that I thought she might "get it" and have some remorse and empathy. Then I remember the horrible things she did to Shanda and how she wasn't the least bit moved by Shanda's fear, suffering, and begging to not be hurt anymore. I think of the times I've read that Melinda relishes her role in the murder and brags about what she did. I think of how cold hearted she has been about Jacque and how Melinda to this day wears the panda ring she stole from Shanda on the night of the murder and refuses to return it to Jacque. All of these things tell me that Melinda is a very convincing sociopath who is likely trying to make herself look better in hopes of getting her sentence reduced like Toni and Hope. I hope she doesn't end up causing more pain for Jacque.

I have also visited Shanda's grave, although it has been several years. At that time, she was buried next to her Grandma Sharer, but her father was still alive. I haven't been there since he died, but he is buried there with his little girl and his Mom. I was pretty emotional about being there, too. I live in the neighboring county.

So, doing my usual creeping on Toni's Facebook page, I see a "Hope Tyree" comment on Toni's profile picture, saying "miss u" - Toni replies that she misses her too. Yep, Hope Rippey married her girlfriend, has a baby, and a Facebook.

Nice choice of username.

https://www.facebook.com/udonot.knowme.1
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?