Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NetFlix

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I found it. It's Auschwitz: Inside the Nazi State http://www.netflix.com/search/Auschwitz

I took a gander, and they did use some actors, but there are plenty of eye witnesses.
    yup, that's the one....thanks
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    yup, that's the one....thanks
    Sorry.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sorry.
    ???????
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    ???????
    I thought you meant the one I found was the one you had already seen with all the actors.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I thought you meant the one I found was the one you had already seen with all the actors.
    Nope......It's all good....and thanks again
    March 1934-July 2016

Glad to hear it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I highly recommend any of the shows and documentaries on Netflix about climbing Mt Everest or K2.

Part of it is reenacted by actors while the real life survivors tell their tale.
    Last edited by TheDude; 04-19-2015 at 06:04 PM.

I'm stuck on Everybody Loves Ray season 1 (the best)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'll have to check these two out. Just took a peek at That Guy and Al Leong is not on it, so I didn't bother.
    Geez, when did he get so gray? Lethal Weapon and DieHard only came out about 10 years ago, right?
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Geez, when did he get so gray? Lethal Weapon and DieHard only came out about 10 years ago, right?
    Al is over 60 and has survived brain cancer and a series of strokes. Lots of hollywood type people would be bitter, but he seems to be the sweetest teddy bear, at least when we touch base now and then.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just finished watching Left Behind, which was a great movie.

Aaaand, finally, Longmire Season 3 has been released.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

They've added Sixth Sense, which I've been wanting see again after all these years.
    Last edited by cindyt; 05-12-2015 at 02:43 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just finished watching Left Behind, which was a great movie.

Aaaand, finally, Longmire Season 3 has been released.
    New Left Behind, or old one? The old one has Kirk Cameron and Chelsea Noble in it.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    New Left Behind, or old one? The old one has Kirk Cameron and Chelsea Noble in it.
    The new one with Nick Cage. I couldn't get through the old one, but the new one is pretty good.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The new one with Nick Cage. I couldn't get through the old one, but the new one is pretty good.
    I enjoyed it too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Agree...I lasted about 1/2 hour with the first one
    March 1934-July 2016

I was invited by a girl friend to see the original Left Behind in theaters as a double date (with a girl from her church) but I don't really do religion in hindsight I don't know maybe I should have went.

The original was on Netfix, might still be. Kurt? Cameron. I may try to watch it again. IDK.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I bought the first three movies on DVD in a box set for like $10 at Walmart a few years back. The ones with Kirk Cameron as Buck. I've read all the "Left Behind" books but for the last one. I need to start adding them to my Kindle, one at a time.

June 12, my show comes back! Orange is the New Black! I. Can't. Wait.

"I just go here!"

navallint Guest
    Watched a pretty good movie last night 'Would you Rather'. I'll give it a 6 1/2 for creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    Watched a pretty good movie last night 'Would you Rather'. I'll give it a 6 1/2 for creepy.
    It was pretty good!!
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Finished up Orange is the new Black yesterday pretty good ending

I still haven't watched OITNB. I don't know what's wrong with me.

I just started Arrested Development. I had watched it off and on when it was on Fox, but never caught the whole series. This show is so clever and outright funny. The cast is great, and Jason Bateman is still just as cute as I thought he was back on It's Your Move and Valerie/Hogan Family back in the 80s.

Finished OITNB less than 48 hours after I started. LOL I just started NCIS from the very first episode. How was this show not in my queue???? Love me some Abby!

"I just go here!"

Season 4 of Hell on Wheels is up.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Has anyone seen Stephen King's A Good Marriage? A woman finds out her husband is a serial killer. Pretty good movie. It's not pure King, but it does have supernatural elements.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I've been watching some great movies. One was called Plague--a ripoff of The Walking Dead, but it was fairly decent. Yesterday morning I watched The Changeling that came out in 2008--I think--a true story about a woman whose son was kidnapped by a serial killer back in the 30s, staring Angelina Jolie. Loved it. Tried to watch Outcast and some martial arts movie but could not get into the first because it was boring and the second was kooky. I martial arts movies when the the characters do moves that defy gravity. Come on. There's one on my list called Last Days or something like that I might try out tonight.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just watched Jonestown: Paradise Lost and H.H.Holmes, America's First Serial Killer. They were both really good. The HHH show was much more interesting than the book (something & the White City) because it focused more on HHH and his murders than the World's Fair like the book did. The Jonestown movie was sad, of course. Vern Gosney always gets to me, I've seen him on another show about the incident and he just makes me want to cry and give him a hug. I feel so bad that he had to leave his son, and how he says he's thought about that a million times, and doing something different. But his son could have been shot and killed at that air strip if he would have been able to take him. I know he regrets not taking him, and I hope he's able to forgive himself. That guy lost so much. Ugh. And I know he his just a normal dude and realizes his dad was crazy but I still think Stephen Jones is creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Just watched Jonestown: Paradise Lost and H.H.Holmes, America's First Serial Killer. They were both really good. The HHH show was much more interesting than the book (something & the White City) because it focused more on HHH and his murders than the World's Fair like the book did. The Jonestown movie was sad, of course. Vern Gosney always gets to me, I've seen him on another show about the incident and he just makes me want to cry and give him a hug. I feel so bad that he had to leave his son, and how he says he's thought about that a million times, and doing something different. But his son could have been shot and killed at that air strip if he would have been able to take him. I know he regrets not taking him, and I hope he's able to forgive himself. That guy lost so much. Ugh. And I know he his just a normal dude and realizes his dad was crazy but I still think Stephen Jones is creepy.
    While I've read the HHH book, I have never really been interested in that case. IDK why. I might give the film a whirl, though. Might also watch Jonestown.

I finally figured out what was wrong with my Netflix--I think. It was Firefox, apparently, because Netflix runs just fine on Chrome.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

If you read the White City book, the show on Netflix makes it much much more interesting. It's only an hour I think, but really a lot more death haggy than the book, which I thought got very dry talking about the World's Fair so much. This mentions it a few times, just in the context of it bringing a lot of potential victims into town where Holmes was renting out rooms to fair-goers. They don't know how many people he killed for sure, but there were 50 people who went to the WF who never returned from it. That's about all it mentions the fair. There was lots of stuff in there that I didn't get from the book.

Right now I'm watching Final 24 Sid Vicious, for the 2nd time. I was going to watch another one since I've seen this one, but it's so compelling. The complete pieces of shit he was surrounded by (his mother and Nancy mainly) is just sad.

How resent is the White City book? I read one back in the 70s or 80s but I don't remember the exact name.

There seems to be lots of good shows right now, but I'm on this Gray's A binge, though I've seen it three times already.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

How resent is the White City book? I read one back in the 70s or 80s but I don't remember the exact name.
    The book came out in 2003. Paramount bought the rights and Scorsese is supposed to be making it into a movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio as HH Holmes within the next couple of years.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Okay, thanks, Mad. That was not the one I read.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I wonder what was causing your problems with Netflix and Firefox. That's what I use and it's been great. I'm glad you found something that works though. I know I was maddened by that Power DVD software for playing DVDs. It kept freezing, and I'd have to eject the DVD 6 or 7 times before it might work. Argh!!

IDK, but I've had problems with FF before. I think it has something to do with the updates, because after one, Adobe Runtime became incompatible and I lost my website editor, so I had search around and find another host and transfer everything my copy and paste. That was not fun.

Anyway, so far so good with Chrome. Have you seen The Physicians? It's a fictionalized history of medicine. Some of it doesn't suspend belief, but it is a good watch.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

They are now offering the Patriot, staring Mel Gibson and Heath Ledger. I'm not a fan of either one, but I like this movie and have been wanting to see it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Its an excellent movie Cindy!!
    Minerva

They are now offering the Patriot, staring Mel Gibson and Heath Ledger. I'm not a fan of either one, but I like this movie and have been wanting to see it.
    Cindy, Mel impales a bad Brit with an American flag on a pole, how can that not make you feverish with patriotic desire for him??

I, myself, found Mel more attractive before he left his wife and went cray-cray with his baby momma.
    Last edited by TheWrath of MadelineKahn; 09-01-2015 at 07:58 PM.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Great movie.
    March 1934-July 2016

Love that movie. Have you seen The Shawshank Redemption? Excelllent movie. My absolute favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcP View Post
    Love that movie. Have you seen The Shawshank Redemption? Excelllent movie. My absolute favorite.
    No, but I read the short story or novella or whatever it was.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I had to restart my DVD subscription because 80% of everything in my queue is not on the streaming service. I really needed to finish True Blood. I am now through season six and I should be posting this in the True Blood thread but between the guy playing Warlow and Alexander Skarsgaard (with full frontal nudity this season no less) holy hell there was some extra nice eye candy for S6. I mean Sam, Alcide and Jason are all good looking guys (hell I even think Steve Newlan was good looking) but this was bonus city, lol. I guess the only one I don't really think is super handsome is Bill. I should get my first two Season 7 disks on Saturday! I love this show so much!

If you like documentaries I highly recommend Dark Girls. It's about women of color and the belief that lighter skin is more attractive, and the discrimination and disrespect even within their own races that comes with being a darker shade. I watched it when it was on TV and I cried through almost the entire thing. I knew intraracial discrimination was a thing, but this was very eye opening, and heartbreaking.

Love documentaries. I'll check it out.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Loved it Bettie. It was eye opening.
    Minerva

I put it on my list and will probably start watching it after supper.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The latest Longmire was a blast. I can barely wait for the next round of 10 epis.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    If you like documentaries I highly recommend Dark Girls. It's about women of color and the belief that lighter skin is more attractive, and the discrimination and disrespect even within their own races that comes with being a darker shade. I watched it when it was on TV and I cried through almost the entire thing. I knew intraracial discrimination was a thing, but this was very eye opening, and heartbreaking.
    Gonna check this out now, ab. Thanks

Can't wait to see what you think of it! I have to watch it again because when I watched before it was on TV and I missed a few parts. I might start it again now too

Just watched "The wrecking Crew"......It was a great Documentary but it ruined the image I had of all of the great bands in the 60's and 70's.