Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: NetFlix

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I watched the first few episodes of Lost in Space, and kind of Lost in Terest. I may pick it up again at some point.
    I tried to watch Evil Genius. It really looked good, but the CC jumped around too much.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I just finished binge-watching Safe. I really enjoyed it. Apparently some British critics have made fun of Michael C. Hall's attempt at a British accent. LOL
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

"November 13: Attack on Paris" is definitely worth checking out. It's a documentary series on the Paris attacks, mostly focusing on the attack at the Eagles of Death Metal show.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Wild Wild Country is a 6 part documentary about the Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh and his followers setting up a utopian commune in rural Oregon in the 1980s.
    Very interesting, I had heard of it, but never the particulars, (a power struggle between members/residents of the area, lead to the first documented bioterrorism attack in the US.)
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

I just got it a few weeks ago as a friend said it had some really good true crime documentaries on it knowing I was a hag. So far, what I've seen is really good. The one I really liked was The Keepers which is about a nun Sister Cathy who was found dead in the 60s and her death is still a mystery. In the show, some of her ex pupils try to figure out what happened and it spins off into a whole other thing as others get involved. It's gripping but a hard watch because it ends up dealing with sexual abuse and if anybody wants to watch it who has experience with the subject like I have, I'll forewarn there are some tough scenes to sit through as the victims explain in detail what happened and it could trigger and really anger people.

Yes, ShellC, The Keepers is really good, they have a facebook page ran by Gemma herself.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Yes, ShellC, The Keepers is really good, they have a facebook page ran by Gemma herself.
    Yeah I joined after seeing it on the show. I'm glad they are still looking into things.

Season 14 of Gray's is on!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The appolapse How It Ends is worth watching. I love those kinds of books and movies.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I wish they had put Amy Adam's show Sharp Objects on Netflix, so I could binge watch. It's on HBO once a week, to hell with that ! LOL
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I wish the latest season of Criminal Minds was offered. It was supposed to arrive in June.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Apparently Netfix is not going to offer Season 13 of Criminal Minds. Whatever. I've got it on my amazon prime watchlist.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Apparently Netfix is not going to offer Season 13 of Criminal Minds. Whatever. I've got it on my amazon prime watchlist.
    Amazon Prime is getting better, I'm going to sign up with them this September.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Amazon Prime is getting better, I'm going to sign up with them this September.
    I watch it more than Netflix. I don't mind paying for something I really want to see.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Same with me. Prime has a good deal going on right now. And, they have shows that are not on Netflix, they can count me in.

Love Prime need to start watching shows on there, Dang they aren't getting criminal minds new seasons, Cindy? Will have to watch it on Prime, been waiting for the new one on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Love Prime need to start watching shows on there, Dang they aren't getting criminal minds new seasons, Cindy? Will have to watch it on Prime, been waiting for the new one on Netflix.
    They might eventually, but I ran out of patience.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Same with me. Prime has a good deal going on right now. And, they have shows that are not on Netflix, they can count me in.
    Prime is a lot better than I thought it would be. It's good for documentaries etc. My sister was dithering for a while and seemingly one of the things that persuaded her to sign up was my niece noticed there was a doc about LA coroners and told her 'Aunty Shell likes stuff to do with blood and guts so she'd like watching that." lol.

I've found Netflix is better for episodic shows and prime for older stuff but between them they usually have what people need.

. So between Netflix and Prime, we're usually sorted if we need to see anything.

As if I didn't have enough shows to catch up watching, I started Narcos yesterday. It was actually part of my crime novel research because it's based on real events. I even recognized some of the names, like murdered DEA Agent Kiki Camarena and Drug Lord Pablo Escobar. Boy howdy! they don't fool around in Bogota or Mexico. Picture Drug agents swarming around the side and front plate glass walls of a restaurant dope front, scatter-gunning everybody inside to hell and gone. End of dirtbags. I may use something like that in my book, except it's the bad guys gunning down the good boys.
    Last edited by cindyt; 11-18-2018 at 08:39 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

New season of MST3K drops on Turkey Day. Very excited, but only 6 episodes, to encourage bingeing.

They are doing Mac and Me, which sounds awesome...
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    New season of MST3K drops on Turkey Day. Very excited, but only 6 episodes, to encourage bingeing.

They are doing Mac and Me, which sounds awesome...
    I have not seen the new series. But I just happened to drop in on YouTube (I think it was ) Sunday and they were showing the marathon a few days early.

Watched "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs". It would have been more impressive at a movie theater, especially the Tom Waits story. It was worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    As if I didn't have enough shows to catch up watching, I started Narcos yesterday. It was actually part of my crime novel research because it's based on real events. I even recognized some of the names, like murdered DEA Agent Kiki Camarena and Drug Lord Pablo Escobar. Boy howdy! they don't fool around in Bogota or Mexico. Picture Drug agents swarming around the side and front plate glass walls of a restaurant dope front, scatter-gunning everybody inside to hell and gone. End of dirtbags. I may use something like that in my book, except it's the bad guys gunning down the good boys.
    A friend at work was telling me about it yesterday. She said if you thought Sicario was heavy, you ain't seen nothing like this. I'll start with the first season and go from there.

A friend at work was telling me about it yesterday. She said if you thought Sicario was heavy, you ain't seen nothing like this. I'll start with the first season and go from there.
    I'm watching Narcos: Mexico because it portrays the impotent efforts of the DEA agents based in Guadalajara, and the man who stirred the war on drugs up--as much as it could be stirred up--Kiki Camarena, who gave his life.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Narcos: Mexico is about a pot cartel in Guadalajara, Mexico. Loved it! It was amazing and not in a good way. Sex, bloody murder, and a pot crop you could not see the end of. A 14K gold machine gun and true luv. Ahhh. And the torture death of the DEA agent who brought them to their knees for a minute.

Narcos deals with Pablo Escobar in Columbia. First season was awesome and the second is proving to be just as good.

I may watch El Chopa, who started out at a kingpin's chauffeur to become a kingpin himself. I say may, because what bit I watched was boring, man.
    Last edited by cindyt; 11-30-2018 at 06:35 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

tell me something to watch on Netflix.

anything.

Ozark, Tiger King, Broadchurch