Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NetFlix

navallint Guest
    I watched a movie from New Zealand a few weeks ago that I recommend. Going in I thought it was horror, but it became more of a comedy. It's called 'Housebound'.

Watching "Turns"....well done series about spying during the Revolution.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    I watched a movie from New Zealand a few weeks ago that I recommend. Going in I thought it was horror, but it became more of a comedy. It's called 'Housebound'.
    I saw that offered and thought it was horror, so I didn't even check it out. Might now.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I saw that offered and thought it was horror, so I didn't even check it out. Might now.
    I saw it.....it was a little slow and definitely not on par with some others I have watched.....but it was ........okay....Mac's ratings 4 out of 10.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    March 1934-July 2016

2nd time watching the Documentary on Serial Killer culture.

The part of the documentary about Elmer Wayne Henley and Dean Corll really breaks my heart, because Elmer is allowed to call his Mother

@2:28
    Last edited by TheDude; 03-28-2015 at 05:32 PM.

Is he watching the old one or the reboot?

I'm a few epis into Season 5 of Criminal Minds. I have this urge to watch X-Files again and squashed it.
    The reboot I think. I have never seen either. I'm watching Grey's Anatomy right now.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

I've seen a few epis of the original and not one of the reboot. Mark Dacascos--aka yummie --who played Eric Draven on The Crow: Stairway to Heaven TV series plays McGarrett's arch enemy, Wo Fat, and I've been tempted to check that one out. I just finished season 10 of Grey's. I hate that Sandra Oh left and I hope she come back. Wonder why she didn't want to do it anymore.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sandra Oh's leaving was sad. But when they killed of first Lexie and then Mark? I bawled. It's just not the same. I still watch, but I'm about three or four episodes behind. Little Bit doesn't want me catching up without her, but I might have to. I was shocked as hell when hubby came home several weeks ago and said, "So, bring me up to date on Grey's Anatomy. As I was leaving my mom's, I caught the tail end of it. What's been happening?" LOL! He doesn't care about the soap opera aspect of it, just the medical procedures. LOL But I filled him in, anyway.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Sandra Oh's leaving was sad. But when they killed of first Lexie and then Mark? I bawled. It's just not the same. I still watch, but I'm about three or four episodes behind. Little Bit doesn't want me catching up without her, but I might have to. I was shocked as hell when hubby came home several weeks ago and said, "So, bring me up to date on Grey's Anatomy. As I was leaving my mom's, I caught the tail end of it. What's been happening?" LOL! He doesn't care about the soap opera aspect of it, just the medical procedures. LOL But I filled him in, anyway.
    I was bummed about Mark and Lexie too. It looks like they could have had one or the other transfer to another hospital--like Christina did for a time. I like the soap opera aspect as long as it doesn't get too lurid, but I too enjoy the medical parts, but most of all I love it because you just never know what is going to happen next.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    2nd time watching the Documentary on Serial Killer culture.

The part of the documentary about Elmer Wayne Henley and Dean Corll really breaks my heart, because Elmer is allowed to call his Mother

@2:28
    I'm watching this on Netflix right now. I remember seeing a show on ID about Elmer and Dean Corll and they showed Elmer calling his mother live on the news.

navallint Guest
    I love the new Hawaii 5-0. As a kid I watched the original with my Mom, and over the last year watched them again. I wasn't sure about the new one till I tried it, I'm on the second season now and watching two epis aday. The scenery is great.

I might try the reboot out, nav. There's also a movie called Turn, about an 18th century American cabbage farmer who became a spy.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I'm watching this on Netflix right now. I remember seeing a show on ID about Elmer and Dean Corll and they showed Elmer calling his mother live on the news.
    Breaks my heart to hear his elderly mother begin to bawl and ask if she could come down there.

Netflix just started 30 second spots that are meant to be a PSA about getting off the couch and go outside. "Don't worry, We will be here when you get back".

Very ingenious. Chapman from OITNB, Jane fonda, etc. Great advertising for all of their original shows. The spots are only on Netflix, not regular TV.
    March 1934-July 2016

Killer Legends documentary

From the same director as "Cropsey"

I might watch that.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thanks the dude....if this was half as good as Cropsey, then it should be a good watch
    March 1934-July 2016

The parts with the Phantom Killer and Clowns really prevented me from getting sleep last night.

The parts with the Phantom Killer and Clowns really prevented me from getting sleep last night.
    What's put me off is creepy beginning of the trailer. Yikes, but I'd like to see if the phantom part has more info than what I've gleaned.
    Last edited by cindyt; 04-10-2015 at 06:34 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

watching it now.
    March 1934-July 2016

How did you two like Killer Legends?

I went looking for the Town that dreaded sundown on blu-ray today at my local video store but they didn't have it in stock.

The remake of the film is on Netflix.

Found the original on youtube.
    Last edited by TheDude; 04-11-2015 at 06:01 PM.

How did you two like Killer Legends?

I went looking for the Town that dreaded sundown on blu-ray today at my local video store but they didn't have it in stock.

The remake of the film is on Netflix.

Found the original on youtube.
    Guess I'm jaded, because it didn't scare me at all, but otherwise it was ok. I saw the original The Town that Dreaded Sundown on Netflix. I didn't know there was a remake. Thanks for the heads up.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Guess I'm jaded, because it didn't scare me at all, but otherwise it was ok. I saw the original The Town that Dreaded Sundown on Netflix. I didn't know there was a remake. Thanks for the heads up.
    Maybe it was the fact that I watched it at 1 am and I sleep by a window.

That would do it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Daredevil is a great series

I watched an interesting documentary called "That Guy Who was in That Thing" about character actors. I recognized almost all of them. One I've seen in a TON of stuff. He was on Big Love, been on both CSI and SVU if I remember correctly and he's currently on Madame Secretary. He has an unusual name. Like I said he's been in everything but never the leading man. He's the one whose name I might actually remember but it's very unusual.

You should check out this doc called "The woman who wasn't there", its about this woman who claimed to have been in one of the WTC towers on 9/11 when she wasn't even in the country.

The nerve of some people.

I'll have to check these two out. Just took a peek at That Guy and Al Leong is not on it, so I didn't bother.
    Last edited by cindyt; 04-13-2015 at 07:06 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I wish they would add ALL Tales from the Crypt to Netflix Instant!!! I tweeted them to yesterday; I recommend watching Bloodline! I don't know how there will be a season 2 if any yet but it is good!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Definitely going to watch that now. Thanks Dude!!
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

We are thinking giving up most of Dish channels....just want the local channels and basic plan and getting NetFlix, I think this is the way to go. I am tired of paying $65.00 per month for nothing worth watching.

That's what we did, Leasie. All Nabo wanted to watch was Univision and I watched about two shows per week--Downton Abby and The Walking Dead. So we cancelled the fat and I got Netflix, which Nabo never watched.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    We are thinking giving up most of Dish channels....just want the local channels and basic plan and getting NetFlix, I think this is the way to go. I am tired of paying $65.00 per month for nothing worth watching.
    We dumped cable several years ago. We do a Hulu/Netflix combo. Netflix for movies, Hulu for TV. We can watch almost everything on TV, just a day after it airs. The only things we DON'T get are the news and sports. I read my news, and hubby usually watches sports at a buddy's. It works for us because we are usually doing things in the evenings. Hubby works most evenings, and I usually have something to do every evening even if it's just going for a walk to get steps in. We watch TV on our time.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    I liked the first 2 episodes, I hated how they treated the black sheep brother. I was saying that family reunion needed a Punisher style mafia hit and badly.
    Last edited by TheDude; 04-15-2015 at 06:29 AM.

Kyle Chandler(John) is hot!! Of Irish, German, & English descent
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm watching Bones right now. Little Bit is going to her aunt's for the weekend, so I'm thinking maybe tonight Hubby and I will check out Killer Legends. He's into true crime, too, and I suspect he is also a death hag but he doesn't care for online forums.

"I just go here!"

navallint Guest
    You should check out this doc called "The woman who wasn't there", its about this woman who claimed to have been in one of the WTC towers on 9/11 when she wasn't even in the country.

The nerve of some people.
    I read about this ole gal a few years ago. Just a disgusting person. Don't think I could watch it.
    I'm about to watch the last Hawaii 5-0. Bummer. I looked online for season five. I'll wait till Netflix adds it.

I also cannot promote Cocaine Cowboys enough just a superb documentary trilogy, after seeing them I followed up by reading the page turner that is the main drug importer Jon Robert's biography.

I want to watch Hindenburg: the Untold Story, and Hitler and the Nazis.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I want to watch Hindenburg: the Untold Story, and Hitler and the Nazis.
    Saw the Hindenburg Doc....very well done. I learned a lot
    March 1934-July 2016

I want to watch the Hitler and the Nazis one, too. Hitler fascinates me in a morbid kind of way. I don't think he was right in what he did, far from it. I just wonder what made him tick. Why he did the things he did.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    I want to watch the Hitler and the Nazis one, too. Hitler fascinates me in a morbid kind of way. I don't think he was right in what he did, far from it. I just wonder what made him tick. Why he did the things he did.
    He fascinates me too. I have read it did it all because he was a failed painter. Whatever, he was a psychopath who became one of the most powerful men of his time. That's spooky.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Okay...you three made me watch the Hitler Doc.....it was very well done. Even after all of the thousands of hours I have spent watching the History Channel.....I learned a lot about him.....especially the rise of the Nazi's. Was really a good doc. Thanks.
    March 1934-July 2016

You're welcome.

I love to watch anything about him and the Holocaust. Have you seen the doc about Auschwitz? I can't find it now, probably because I can't remember the correct title, but it's an eye witness account with clips. I've seen it at least twice.

I'd also like to see The Day After. I like end times movies.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Netflix is the top paying company in the tech sector right now paying average salaries of 140,000. Why so much? Most of their employees are highly sought after programmers who transform and deliver the digital content. The majority of the rest are idea people creating the next big thing for the company.

You're welcome.

I love to watch anything about him and the Holocaust. Have you seen the doc about Auschwitz? I can't find it now, probably because I can't remember the correct title, but it's an eye witness account with clips. I've seen it at least twice.

I'd also like to see The Day After. I like end times movies.
    Their was one on Auschwitz was in 5 parts I think......was very well done, but they used actors for most of it. It also lacked the realness of what really happened.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Their was one on Auschwitz was in 5 parts I think......was very well done, but they used actors for most of it. It also lacked the realness of what really happened.
    The one I saw used survivors and many of them needed translators.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The one I saw used survivors and many of them needed translators.
    I'll look for it.
    March 1934-July 2016

I found it. It's Auschwitz: Inside the Nazi State http://www.netflix.com/search/Auschwitz

I took a gander, and they did use some actors, but there are plenty of eye witnesses.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD