Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 354243444546 LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,200 of 2256

Thread: Buddy Holly

Quote Originally Posted by bulletnose View Post
    Sorry to hear about Bobby's wife. All Buddy fans know about Bobby Vee replacing Buddy on the tour. Even his early songs sound just like Buddy. Hope he's doing well
    Bobby's going into residential memory care this week. I hope it helps him. He's been doing some painting as part of his therapy, he painted a very nice picture of his wife, of when she was younger. It's actually quite good. I hope he gets the help he needs, and his family is very close to him, so he won't be left and forgotten by any means like some older people are. Robby and his sister completely adore him, you can tell how much Rob looks up to him when he talks about him. I don't know the other two boys but I am sure they feel the same way.

Yep it his birthday.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Little Chief Guest
    Happy birthday, Buddy!

Btw, i think it was brought up earlier in the thread, but the best book I've read on the Winter Dance Party/ crash is called The Day The Music Died by Larry Lehmer. Definitely recommend it.

Happy New Year to all my Buddy Buds!

Rick1958 Guest
    Hello everyone! Happy New year! I'm new to this forum and joined after reading the many post on Buddy Holly. Just curious if anyone here got the book by Ryan Vandergriff "In Flanders Field"?? I just purchased it off ebay for $75.00 and should arrive tomorrow. Very excited as he states it contains all known photos of the crash and interviews with law people who was at the scene. Hope it is as good as it sounds!!

Welcome to the forum. I never heard of that book. Is the entire book about Buddy's crash? Is it about all famous crashes. Let us know how you like the book.

Rick1958 Guest
    Welcome to the forum, Rick. Because they were in violation of Rule 6--Help keep the forum organized for all users--I combined your two consecutive posts, this time. Please take note: you aren't allowed to make consecutive posts unless an hour or more has passed between them.

Just got the book yesterday!! Wow what a piece of work!! It came out this year and copies are on ebay. It is written just on the Feb. 3rd crash! It has pics that were never seen, interviews with all the people involved including people who where teens at the WDP right down to the snickers bars and sodas they were carrying on the plane. SOOOOO much info on the WDP and the crash! Once you pick it up and read the intro your sucked in!!! All the best, Rick

Here is a pic of the new book!!

Last edited by cindyt; 01-06-2016 at 04:08 PM.

8. 01-06-2016, 06:32 AM
    Reason
    Consecutive post

I just found the book on ebay, unable to find it anywhere else. I find it interesting that the Dwyer' s have given an interview. I wonder if this is current or the things they said in the past. As you may recall, Mr. Dwyer always said he knew the real reason for the crash but did not want to reveal the information because "it would hurt people". Also he has been writing a book about the crash since the 60's and so far nothing has been heard about that.

Apparently it isn't being published publicly according to this: http://www.voy.com/120134/57627.html

i went thru some of the posts & apparently, people emailed the author directly in order to get a copy. Very strange. Perhaps someone was attempting to avoid lawsuits brought by publicity. Or something.

Sounds more like a mystery! Perhaps he couldn't find a publisher and is doing it himself.

Some more information on the book. Sounds incredible. http://www.voy.com/120134/57637.html

Little Chief Guest
    I am intrigued! Might have to shoot him an email.

Poo Bah MCGee Guest
    Do the photographs reveal , regarding the four victims, anything we haven't seen already?

Looking forward to hearing a review about that book. I wonder what new revelations it has?

Poo Bah MCGee Guest
    Damn! He should approach a commercial publisher, as the subject is one that doesn't "die", and people want to read it!
    I looked it up on eBay and couldn't find it.

A previous post had a link that stated he only had 7 copies left? Is he printing them at home? Perhaps the book is not worth printing?

Jerry Dwyer passed away...surprised it wasn't posted here...

http://globegazette.com/news/local/o...ign=user-share

Thanks for the update,racingfan. Jerry Dwyer has been a topic of discussion here for many years. Hopefully whatever he knew about the crash (if anything) will not go with him to his grave.

Anyone planning on going to the WDP?

I'm hoping new info will come out now that he's gone...maybe that book he was writing will finally see the light of day? Not rejoicing in his death, just being logical...

Time does not lessen the loss. RIP Buddy.

The mystery of Jerry Dwyer's information can be solved or forever be the subject of conjecture.

RIP J.P.Richardson, Richie Valens and Scott Peterson.

mrsr Guest
    RIP Buddy, Bopper, Ritchie and Roger Peterson.
    Can't believe it's a whole 7 years since I got into Buddy's music - the Buddy Holly Story was on tv for the 50th anniversary.

RIP Buddy, J.P., Richie, and pilot Roger Peterson.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

RIP Buddy, Ritchie, JP and Roger.

Still hurts, even today...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

crackedegg Guest
    I've been reading this whole thread and really enjoy it. I wanted to share two albums of photos I took. I was born and raised in west Texas and moved up to Wisconsin but drive back to see my folks. One year I went through Lubbock and Clovis on the way. I hit every Buddy Holly spot I could find and then went to tour the studio. If you ever get the chance to go to the studio I highly recommend it. Ken was a wonderful guide and I got to meet David Bingham of The Roses. I should have asked him a bunch of questions but I got nervous and tongue tied. Hope you enjoy the photos!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/kweberg/sets/72157622983622247
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/kweber...57622985449903

One of these years, I'll make it to Clear Lake...in the meantime, RIP boys...

Thank you so much for sharing those great photos. Hopefully one day I'll visit those sites too!

Challenger2008 Guest
    An update on Dwyer's book, which has not been cancelled but will instead be finished by his wife.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...rash/79711056/

Little Chief Guest
    Happy belated deathday, buddy.

Reading that article from the Des Moines Register ( after being forced to do a survey!) It seems he saw the plane go down. Really? Then why did he wait until the next morning to look for it? According to other sources when at the airport they remarked the plane was going down Mr. Dwyer said it was an optical illusion? Hmmmmm That book should be interesting. Unfortunately Mrs. Dwyer is going to finish it but is in no hurry!! RIP Mr. Dwyer

luckyinlove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletnose View Post
    Reading that article from the Des Moines Register ( after being forced to do a survey!) It seems he saw the plane go down. Really? Then why did he wait until the next morning to look for it? According to other sources when at the airport they remarked the plane was going down Mr. Dwyer said it was an optical illusion? Hmmmmm That book should be interesting. Unfortunately Mrs. Dwyer is going to finish it but is in no hurry!! RIP Mr. Dwyer
    Hope she gets around to it before she dies too.

mrsr Guest
    Just had a nice hour browsing over the last 20 pages or so. I can't believe how little I've thought about Buddy in the last couple of years - had trouble accessing this site on my tablet for ages and then I had another baby in 2013 and my brain has turned to absolute mush! Forgot how much I enjoyed discussing Buddy stuff until I sat and watched the Buddy Holly Story last night and then ended up on YouTube looking up Buddy interviews and so on.

Just read that the NTSB declined to reopen the investigation into the crash last year. I doubt there would be anything new to discover there after all this time tbh. I do wonder if Dwyer's famous book will ever see light of day.
    One thing that occurred to me when reading an article about the crash today. Peterston said he would radio in a flight plan after take off, but never did, so Dwyer (or whoever was in the tower) radioed the plane asking for one, but got no response. I wonder if the plane had already crashed at this point, or if it was still the air and Peterston was concentrating on trying to keep the plane level and couldn't answer. Seems a chilling thought - Buddy and the others hearing the repeated calls over the radio and noticing Peterson wasn't able to answer/struggling with the controls, gradually realising that they were in trouble and then....

I've often wondered that too...were they aware there was a problem? I'd love to see this book and find out what Dwyer knows...

37. 02-09-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote Originally Posted by crackedegg View Post
    I've been reading this whole thread and really enjoy it. I wanted to share two albums of photos I took. I was born and raised in west Texas and moved up to Wisconsin but drive back to see my folks. One year I went through Lubbock and Clovis on the way. I hit every Buddy Holly spot I could find and then went to tour the studio. If you ever get the chance to go to the studio I highly recommend it. Ken was a wonderful guide and I got to meet David Bingham of The Roses. I should have asked him a bunch of questions but I got nervous and tongue tied. Hope you enjoy the photos!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/kweberg/sets/72157622983622247
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/kweber...57622985449903

These are some awesome pictures! Thank you for sharing them with us!

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger2008 View Post
    An update on Dwyer's book, which has not been cancelled but will instead be finished by his wife.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...rash/79711056/
    I couldn't read the Des Moines Register as they require an email address for a 30 day trial membership. I've got enough crud in my email. Wish I could read it, though.

Soul Asylum? Really?

Anyway, Mr. Holly, in the 1950's, heartthrob. To most girls (myself not included) he would be a total nerd face every decade since. Most girls would consider him a bae today though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

mrsr Guest
    To answer my own query - I checked out Spencer Leigh's book again and saw the the tower radioed Peterson at 1.15am - after it had already crashed.

I also read an excerpt from Lehmer's book that said that the Juhls, when getting ready to plant the field that spring, found tons of plane parts and body parts! I'm wondering about that because there was no mention of missing body parts in the coroner's reports.

Challenger2008 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsr View Post
    To answer my own query - I checked out Spencer Leigh's book again and saw the the tower radioed Peterson at 1.15am - after it had already crashed.

I also read an excerpt from Lehmer's book that said that the Juhls, when getting ready to plant the field that spring, found tons of plane parts and body parts! I'm wondering about that because there was no mention of missing body parts in the coroner's reports.
    Buddy's Glasses were found that spring for sure.. perhaps instead of body parts they may have meant personal belongings such as this?

mrsr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger2008 View Post
    Buddy's Glasses were found that spring for sure.. perhaps instead of body parts they may have meant personal belongings such as this?
    Just checked the book again - it says "It took a lot of cleaning up after it thawed," Elsie Juhl says "My husband and son found parts of the bodies [and] many personal belongings which we turned over to the sheriff's office..." Maybe they found animal bones or something? (Also as a death hag I totally would have kept something as a souvenir - wonder if they ever did?)

Body parts would be interesting. Was there any mention of missing parts during the autopsy? Also anybody believe all the autopsy photos were lost? We Americans must be pretty careless people. Seems most important people's records get lost or misplaced !

mrsr Guest
    Had a quick look but can't find any references to missing body parts. Only thing I can think of is that all three singers had crushed skulls so maybe they found skull fragments? Lovely! (Btw I realised my comment above makes me sound like I would keep body parts as a souvenir! I really meant stuff like clothing or something small like that. I'm not quite that gross...yet!)

46. 02-20-2016, 03:05 PM

47. 02-20-2016, 03:11 PM
    Reason
    Dupes and spamming posts

48. 02-20-2016, 03:15 PM
    Reason
    Dupes and spamming posts

49. 02-20-2016, 04:12 PM

50. 02-20-2016, 04:34 PM
    Reason
    Dupes and spamming posts

51. 02-20-2016, 06:39 PM
    Reason
    Dupes and spamming posts

52. 02-20-2016, 07:20 PM

53. 02-20-2016, 07:38 PM

54. 02-20-2016, 08:50 PM

55. 02-20-2016, 08:58 PM

Welcome to the forum! Some things I'd like to point out to you: first, you posted a bunch of comments about the blizzard. I have deleted all but one because you don't need to keep batting it around. That's spam. Second, it is against forum policy to post more than one comment after the other within less than 30 minutes apart. If you post and then suddenly remember something, edit it into the last post, so please do combine the posts below into one of these comments and then delete the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddyhistorian View Post
    If you go to the autopsy I think they give there weights of the body's I thought of doing my own wnb.. let me know what you come up with..
    If you look at the photos it tells you the cause of the crash. it's right in front of every one... I might be wrong but it looks to be the reason of the crash to me...
    I agree with you 100% that was my thought also I wrote about that before.. said the same thing only had a different look at things like the fact that they all just finished
    a concert there body's must have been or there pores must have been nothing but moisture, the fact that bopper had the flu body temp, ritchie had a fear body temp..
    that all makes for a sauna effect inside that plane for sure. the one thing that you leave out that I have noticed is if you look at the photo that shows the leg and shoe of the pilot showing look at the photo very close you will see the window and it's frame there is still some glass left in the frame look at the 100% visable ice on the half broken glass.. that is ice which would make it hard to see through and you can see that right there.. that is 100% the root cause of the crash I knew this long ago who do you tell the CAB was wrong about flying into a snow storm.. it's right in front of everyone... what happened for him to loose attitude of the aircraft I'm still debating...
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Buddyhistorian Guest
    The ice on the broken window of N3794N is pretty disturbing to me. has anyone else besides me ever seen or noticed that?
    Last edited by Buddyhistorian; 02-22-2016 at 05:02 AM.

Challenger2008 Guest
    The ice on the broken window of N3794N is pretty disturbing to me. has anyone else besides me ever seen or noticed that?
    I've noticed it but that plane was lying there for like 8 hours. High likelihood it just accumulated overnight

Rick1958 Guest
    The Holly book is still on Ebay and shows that 3 are avail. It is a spiral bound book but is loaded with info. deff. worth the money! Wish it was a hardbound.

BuddyHollyFan83 Guest
    Hello everyone. I am new to this site. I will be taking my first trip to Clear Lake in less than a month. I am really excited to get a chance to go. I've been a Buddy Holly fan since I was 4 years old...I'm now 33. I had the chance to visit Lubbock in 2010 and it was a great trip. If you haven't been and you get the chance to go, do it! Anyways...just wanted to say hello.

Buddyhistorian Guest
    Challenger, Well the aircraft was sitting there for 8 plus hours before the first pic's were shot.. but the temps were around 18 deg. when they had taken off..
    and the morning temps around 8 deg.. if you look at the rest of the aircraft there is no other ice... I think the window survived the crash pretty well (my opinion)..
    other windows nothing left so if the glass ans frame survived ice on the windscreen may have also survived.. it's kind of strange if you ask me 1959 //????
    the first (CAB) Inspector did not show up that day until it was dark to look at the crash at night mind you lot's of cold people doing what they want walking
    all over the crash site not good..... was the glass even there the next day //??? all the photos are from like 11:00 am.. thought that day I never seen a pic
    any later then that.. I always thought it was the windscreens inside or out that got Peterson in trouble right off the bat.. the ice is there to prove it.. (right)..
    I think if that ice that's on the windscreen formed over night the wings and all the other surfaces would have that ice also they don't.. it's a big red flag to me.
    how or what is going on there?? somebody knows or maybe they don't?? in 57 years never heard anything about that ice.. (overlooked maybe) it was tragic..
    I have always thought that the root cause of this crash was from four body's with lots of moisture in there pores just being released from after the show..
    it got to be like a steam room in there..holly's brother had said the same thing in a way. I think Hubert Dwyer the owner of N3794N knows this somehow
    and i think it's a shame all these years that they did not get it right is a shame... maybe they did get it right in a round about way but the truth would be nice...

Exclamation

IROOONIICC.. last night at the dinnerside theatre we saw Buddy Holly. It was good! I ate dinner then after watched about 2 hours of his life story. From what I researched, his wife lost the baby about a week after hearing about his death & she learned of his death not from a phone call but from tv news.... PS looking for crash photos

Also was it in the 80's they actually found Buddy Holly's glasses/frames and Big Bopper's watch??? And his wife, did she really have a vision of a 'big ball of fire in the sky???'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAd3gYTR2-E << Interesting and I've read what it explains here...
    Last edited by Tiffany; 03-06-2016 at 08:25 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]