Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334041424344 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,100 of 2256

Thread: Buddy Holly

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tamiele View Post
    I didn't know that part. Thanks for telling me Mammy. Still think the casket should be destroyed rather than sitting in a museum but that's only my opinion. Doesn't mean the death hag in me wouldn't like to see it some day but only if I happen to be in the neighborhood.
    You're welcome. I didn't know it either until I read about the exhumation and was trying to get a sneak peek at what Bopper looked like, to no avail. I kept reading about him being amazingly well preserved and dang it, I wanted to see for myself. I don't think Jay set out to try to make money for the casket, the idea came to him after viewing his Dad. I'm with you. I'd look at it if I was there anyway, but it wouldn't be a tourist destination for me by a long shot. Surely some of the stench has faded since he has been dead for so long.
    Last edited by Mammy; 06-12-2014 at 06:26 PM.

I had read about Holly having a gun in the false bottom of his carry on, but not the rumor about the Bopper being shot, surviving the crash, and dying while trying to go for help. Hello? http://fredbals.blogspot.com/2007/01...ss-rumors.html
    Last edited by cindyt; 06-12-2014 at 07:17 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Hopefully someone else knows the details better but there was a story that started going around about maybe while they were in the plane there was a gun in someone's possession and that MAYBE Richie went berzerk, because he was afraid of flying, and in trying to calm him down - Bopper was shot. They exhumed Bopper to check for gunshot wounds/cause of death.
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    I saw a show and they talked about the gun thing. Only in this version they claimed Holly was cleaning the gun, it accidentally went off, killed the pilot, boom. Holly did have a gun. He took care of the money from the shows and he needed a gun for protection as anyone could just rob him. No bullet holes or shells were found. Not to mention cleaning a gun in a dark cockpit on a small plane during takeoff is ludicrous. These rumors were started and pushed forward by the owner of the airport who allowed an extremely inexperienced pilot that wasn't gauge certified to fly in horrible weather. If he put the blame on this crazy Holly shooting thing he wouldn't be able to be sued. It was a classic case of pilot error. Hope that helps.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I had read about Holly having a gun in the false bottom of his carry on, but not the rumor about the Bopper being shot, surviving the crash, and dying while trying to go for help. Hello? http://fredbals.blogspot.com/2007/01...ss-rumors.html
    Isn't that the craziest thing ever? I swear some people can come up with a conspiracy theory for anything.

After he was exhumed and examined, he was reburied in a different section of the cemetery that allowed for an upright monument instead of the one he had that was flat on the ground, a historic plaque, and a bronze statue was planned to go there. It also put him next to his wife. His son, Jay, was cremated.

Hopefully someone else knows the details better but there was a story that started going around about maybe while they were in the plane there was a gun in someone's possession and that MAYBE Richie went berzerk, because he was afraid of flying, and in trying to calm him down - Bopper was shot. They exhumed Bopper to check for gunshot wounds/cause of death.
    I have heard this too. Many of the people involved with that night have discussed a possible disturbance aboard the plane. Ritchie, as we know, was not keen on flying and this was the first time he was in this small of a plane if I recall. Flying in those tiny planes, you feel everything. Every little bump and jolt is amplified. I have always wondered if Ritchie just couldn't handle. In "The Day the Music Died" book, Anderson made the comment that the plane sat at the end of the runway for several minutes before taxiing off. I wonder if Ritchie was having second thoughts and the other tried to calm him?

Poo Bah MCGee Guest
    Somebody programmed the plane and its physical characteristics in a flight simulator. Given the weather conditions and what data could be recovered at that time, it would appear the pilot was banking, losing altitude and flew the left wing into the ground. Interestingly the plane is tossed in much the same manner as it did in real life.
    Holly kept a pistol in a false bottom of the bag in which he carried the tour's earnings. No shots were fired in the plane. None of the victims bore gunshot wounds or evidence of gunfire. "The Bopper" was thrown from the plane by centrifugal force; actually threw the aluminum of the plane. Being a larger mass, he traveled further. Roger Petersen's body remained crushed inside the wreck, whereas the others were thrown threw and out of it. The force generated by such an impact at those speeds is hard to imagine, but think of the wing as a lever and the fuselage as the location of greatest mass. If these guys knew anything was going to happen, it was only for a second. They probably felt the plane in a sweeping turn, without any relationship to the approaching earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Poo Bah MCGee View Post
    Somebody programmed the plane and its physical characteristics in a flight simulator. Given the weather conditions and what data could be recovered at that time, it would appear the pilot was banking, losing altitude and flew the left wing into the ground. Interestingly the plane is tossed in much the same manner as it did in real life.
    Holly kept a pistol in a false bottom of the bag in which he carried the tour's earnings. No shots were fired in the plane. None of the victims bore gunshot wounds or evidence of gunfire. "The Bopper" was thrown from the plane by centrifugal force; actually threw the aluminum of the plane. Being a larger mass, he traveled further. Roger Petersen's body remained crushed inside the wreck, whereas the others were thrown threw and out of it. The force generated by such an impact at those speeds is hard to imagine, but think of the wing as a lever and the fuselage as the location of greatest mass. If these guys knew anything was going to happen, it was only for a second. They probably felt the plane in a sweeping turn, without any relationship to the approaching earth.
    We can hope.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

[/B]We can hope.
    Very true, and that they were getting comfortable, had their eyes closed trying to catch a little rest from the long, cold days of live shows and cold tour buses.
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

Unfortunately, I think they knew at least within the last 20-30 seconds. Roger nearly hit the farmhouses near the field and pulled up at the last moment. I'm sure they were aware of that and I imagine Roger was probably panicked by that. Buddy, sitting in the front probably saw it too. It saddens me to think but at the very end I'm sure they knew something had gone wrong.

So the Holley family has some of Buddy's personal items up for bid on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/321441207263?roken=cUgayN

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SRVFan View Post
    So the Holley family has some of Buddy's personal items up for bid on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/321441207263?roken=cUgayN
    One would think that the possessions of a long deceased family member would be a priceless treasure that the family would never want to part with. I guess a quick buck is more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    One would think that the possessions of a long deceased family member would be a priceless treasure that the family would never want to part with. I guess a quick buck is more important.
    You would think, but where there's money to be had all bets are off.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mammy Guest
    You would think, but where there's money to be had all bets are off.
    Unfortunately, that's the truth. I have several things that belonged to now deceased family members and I wouldn't sell those items for any amount of money.

xpt626 Guest
    the auction says the funds are for Larry Holley's cancer treatment. That's far from trying to make a quick buck.

[SIZE=7]All Sales Benifit Buddy's Brother Larry Holley With Helping To Fund His Multiple Myeloma Cancer Treatments of This Uncurable Cancer...So Thanks To all Who Are Concerned For, And Praying For Dad[/SIZE]
    They are doing it for a reason, but if it's incurable... I don't know. I guess it's a personal decision to each person, if the treatment can get them a decent extension on life if not curing the cancer, I guess that's for the best.
    The only reason I am cynical is because I had a friend whose boyfriend died earlier this year at 38, from cancer. he was trying to raise money for a treatment that MIGHT have helped him live a few years longer. It was like a 50% chance it would even do that, but it was a lot of money that insurance wouldn't cover, because it was experimental or not endorsed or however you would put that. I just don't know where the line is between someone who is really trying to help and someone who might be trying to take advantage of a sick, dying person with a snake oil treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by xpt626 View Post
    the auction says the funds are for Larry Holley's cancer treatment. That's far from trying to make a quick buck.
    Why let the truth get in the way?
    Last edited by cindyt; 06-24-2014 at 01:59 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

NOVSTORM Guest
    Buddys sister Shelly sends me things sometimes. They are not rich people by any means and for someone who's lost more then half of her family from cancer , like me, there is no way you are not going to try and save your brother or sister or parent from that disease. There have been many who have been cured of cancer and others it was too far gone or too aggressive type of cancer. A famous mans wallet or jacket or anything like that should be sold to save a family member. I mean really, someone is going to gain from it after you die any how. If an article can give his brother the treatment or even pay off the hundred of thousands of dollars of medical bills it needs to be sold and I bet BUddy would be the first one to sell it. Buddy is dead and gone and is not coming back . His wfe got everything and she lives high on the hog but I can bet she doesnt give a dime to his family. My last last brother to die from bone and brain cancer left bills of over 300,000 dollars. His wife sold everything she had to pay those bills even a baby grand that he worked so hard to buy for her not to mention the money they had to come up with for the treatments and co payments. It aint cheap I hope they get some good money for what ever it is they sell. That would give me more happiness then the jacket hanging in a closet to know it saved one of my bothers.

I agree NOVSTORM. I think Buddy himself would want it sold to help out. I'm sure he loved his family more than any of his stuff. My mother has stage 4 terminal liver cancer and I would sell my very organs to give her just one more year if I could. There is virtually nothing I wouldn't do. I like to think Buddy would do the same.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Oh, yeah, I would too.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mammy Guest
    Why let the truth get in the way?
    For real, maybe they are and maybe they aren't. If that is what the money is going for, then I apologize for my comment. That would make a handy excuse to keep from looking like money grubbers. I'm sorry if I'm cynical. There are just too many money scams for me to believe much on face value. (Three year old tossed from KFC because of dog bites, donation site for man who let his little boy die in a hot car, woman arrested for faking a brain tumor for donations, etc.)

Jtorch Guest
    I am curious as to how long they were laying there after the crash before the wreckage was discovered. Were they found by people looking for them or found by a local person driving past (what a gruesome discover)!!!
    The owner of the plane charter, when no word was received from his pilot, the next morning flew another plane in the direction that his pilot should have been heading and fairly quickly identified the wreckage of the Bonanza which was about 3 miles from the airport. He of course then alerted the authorities. The wreckage is in the center of a cornfield. Still is. Would not have been visible from the road.

steelerstwin Guest
    Years ago, in the early 90's, I was a regular visitor to the Surf Ballroom. In fact, I'm returning for the Independence Day holiday today and will visit Clear Lake once again. I have also been to the crash site. My theory, based on all the evidence that is available to the public points to two possible causes for the tragic plane crash on that cold, winter night.

One: a catastrophic mechanical failure occurred in the few minutes the aircraft was in the sky. This is a possibility, but it is unlikely. Jerry Dwyer, a respected individual in North Iowa aviation, would not have allowed an ill-performing plane into the air, especially with three well-known celebrities aboard. Obviously, some mechanical defect that nobody was aware of could have come into play, but with regular maintenance checks required by the FAA, it is doubtful that a mechanical failure was the culprit.

Two: The pilot, Roger Petersen, could have suffered some type of seizure or medical emergency moments after take off. He had some medical issues - including some hearing impairment, if I'm not mistaken. Had he been the victim of a sudden stroke, heart attack or medical seizure, the souls on board the airplane were doomed.

Jerry Dwyer himself stated that he did not feel there was validity in the rumor that the plane was flying inverted and that Petersen was flying right side up when he was actually upside down. Dwyer himself (in a filmed interview from 1999) stated that he watched the plane go down only moments after take off. He was so concerned about what he thought he saw, that he kept calling the destination airport to see if they landed. The reports he got was that the airport was experiencing blizzard conditions.

At the Mason City Airport (which is much closer to Clear Lake than Mason City) the weather was fine, while being seasonably cold for February.

Check out the YouTube video - it's fascinating.

If the young pilot was suddenly stricken ill, a lot of the mystery of what happened on that tragic day are more easily explained.

steelerstwin Guest
    I saw, although I did not talk to Maria Elena Holly, when she first attended the Winter Dance Party back in the early 1990's at the Surf Ballroom. Immediately the vibe in the room changed. Prior to that it was fun... drinking, music, dancing, talking with people, moving around the ballroom (which is fairly cavernous). When she spoke it was very, very clear that what she was experiencing wasn't what the rest of us were feeling. To us, it was a great party, but to her, she was visiting a haunted palace, the last building Buddy and company performed in before crashing into the earth a few minutes and a few miles away.

It was difficult for her to maintain her composure. Suddenly I realized that everyone views things like this from very different angles. The same thing occurred when I saw Waylon Jennings perform on the Surf stage. He was positively shell-shocked. He came out to a rousing ovation, waited 'till things quieted down and then, holding back tears, he said, "This is the first time I've been here since that night. And that's all I'm gonna say." It was positively chilling.

I have never been back to the Winter Dance Party. It has a whole new meaning to me after these encounters. I certainly don't criticize anyone else for enjoying the music and memories - in fact, I'd encourage anyone to experience the wonders of the Surf... it's a magic place. But for me, the Winter Dance Party reunions beckon the memories not of music, but of mangled bodies on a cold, dark winter's night, the screams of panic as that plane fell from the skies, the death of youthful potential, and the haunting images of shell-shocked and shattered lives left behind.

I'm not sure about the financial hassles and lawsuits, etc., I just know that the Maria Elena Holly that I saw that night was overwhelmed, and pretty quickly, with the whole thing at the Surf. She was not prepared for the flood of memories and it hit her like a ton of bricks in front of two thousand partiers. How could she have possibly related the horror and white-knuckle panic she was experiencing, while trying not to ruin everyone else's good time?

I am volunteering at my local theatre in Cardiff (in the UK) and this week's show is Buddy - The Buddy Holly Musical and I saw it last night. It's brilliant and the music is timeless. I am a huge Buddy fan but I was told by older fans that I am too young to know who he is and that's true, I blame my parents to be honest. The cast are great and I can't wait to see it again on Saturday afternoon

Please combine these two posts, per policy.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerstwin View Post
    Years ago, in the early 90's, I was a regular visitor to the Surf Ballroom. In fact, I'm returning for the Independence Day holiday today and will visit Clear Lake once again. I have also been to the crash site. My theory, based on all the evidence that is available to the public points to two possible causes for the tragic plane crash on that cold, winter night.

One: a catastrophic mechanical failure occurred in the few minutes the aircraft was in the sky. This is a possibility, but it is unlikely. Jerry Dwyer, a respected individual in North Iowa aviation, would not have allowed an ill-performing plane into the air, especially with three well-known celebrities aboard. Obviously, some mechanical defect that nobody was aware of could have come into play, but with regular maintenance checks required by the FAA, it is doubtful that a mechanical failure was the culprit.

Two: The pilot, Roger Petersen, could have suffered some type of seizure or medical emergency moments after take off. He had some medical issues - including some hearing impairment, if I'm not mistaken. Had he been the victim of a sudden stroke, heart attack or medical seizure, the souls on board the airplane were doomed.

Jerry Dwyer himself stated that he did not feel there was validity in the rumor that the plane was flying inverted and that Petersen was flying right side up when he was actually upside down. Dwyer himself (in a filmed interview from 1999) stated that he watched the plane go down only moments after take off. He was so concerned about what he thought he saw, that he kept calling the destination airport to see if they landed. The reports he got was that the airport was experiencing blizzard conditions.

At the Mason City Airport (which is much closer to Clear Lake than Mason City) the weather was fine, while being seasonably cold for February.

Check out the YouTube video - it's fascinating.

If the young pilot was suddenly stricken ill, a lot of the mystery of what happened on that tragic day are more easily explained.
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerstwin View Post
    I saw, although I did not talk to Maria Elena Holly, when she first attended the Winter Dance Party back in the early 1990's at the Surf Ballroom. Immediately the vibe in the room changed. Prior to that it was fun... drinking, music, dancing, talking with people, moving around the ballroom (which is fairly cavernous). When she spoke it was very, very clear that what she was experiencing wasn't what the rest of us were feeling. To us, it was a great party, but to her, she was visiting a haunted palace, the last building Buddy and company performed in before crashing into the earth a few minutes and a few miles away.

It was difficult for her to maintain her composure. Suddenly I realized that everyone views things like this from very different angles. The same thing occurred when I saw Waylon Jennings perform on the Surf stage. He was positively shell-shocked. He came out to a rousing ovation, waited 'till things quieted down and then, holding back tears, he said, "This is the first time I've been here since that night. And that's all I'm gonna say." It was positively chilling.

I have never been back to the Winter Dance Party. It has a whole new meaning to me after these encounters. I certainly don't criticize anyone else for enjoying the music and memories - in fact, I'd encourage anyone to experience the wonders of the Surf... it's a magic place. But for me, the Winter Dance Party reunions beckon the memories not of music, but of mangled bodies on a cold, dark winter's night, the screams of panic as that plane fell from the skies, the death of youthful potential, and the haunting images of shell-shocked and shattered lives left behind.

I'm not sure about the financial hassles and lawsuits, etc., I just know that the Maria Elena Holly that I saw that night was overwhelmed, and pretty quickly, with the whole thing at the Surf. She was not prepared for the flood of memories and it hit her like a ton of bricks in front of two thousand partiers. How could she have possibly related the horror and white-knuckle panic she was experiencing, while trying not to ruin everyone else's good time?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I found a video of a pilot demonstrating checkout on a '52 Bonanza, has anybody seen this? It's pretty interesting

12 min pilot checkout covering early model Bonanza idiosyncrasies

honda300 Guest
    this is my first post on your site hope its in the right place i saw some pics of buddy holly crash site on lostflights and the first picture on the second page if u zoom in on buddy it looks like i can see his face eyes ,nose,and mouth does anybody else see it.it took me a while to see it but thats what is looks like to me.let me know if anybody else sees it.thanks

Quote Originally Posted by honda300 View Post
    this is my first post on your site hope its in the right place i saw some pics of buddy holly crash site on lostflights and the first picture on the second page if u zoom in on buddy it looks like i can see his face eyes ,nose,and mouth does anybody else see it.it took me a while to see it but thats what is looks like to me.let me know if anybody else sees it.thanks
    Hi. I looked at the photo. Can you be more specific about where you see the face? On the left or the right side of the body. The way his body is laying, its hard to tell what is the top or bottom of his body.

ETA: I see what looks like a face, but it's black and sort of peeking up above the body. Was he decapitated?

Oh, and welcome to FAD!

Challenger2008 Guest
    I can assure you that most definitely isn't his face, i've seen loads of higher quality photos of the crash but with Buddy I was never ever able to identify any more than his left arm, you can never see anything that looks like a head in any of the photos. I'd say his face was probably down into the snow, or as with Ritchie Valens, tucked into his body so that you can't see it

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger2008 View Post
    I can assure you that most definitely isn't his face, i've seen loads of higher quality photos of the crash but with Buddy I was never ever able to identify any more than his left arm, you can never see anything that looks like a head in any of the photos. I'd say his face was probably down into the snow, or as with Ritchie Valens, tucked into his body so that you can't see it
    Thanks!

Haven't posted on here in a while. Came in today to check my messages, and was reminded that I never posted this crash footage I have from a documentary. It doesn't show much more than the pics (which I am still willing to e-mail to anyone who wants to see them), but seeing film of it is pretty interesting. Watch the whole clip to see all of it...

http://youtu.be/gWBa-9QNCow

Quote Originally Posted by racingfan View Post
    Haven't posted on here in a while. Came in today to check my messages, and was reminded that I never posted this crash footage I have from a documentary. It doesn't show much more than the pics (which I am still willing to e-mail to anyone who wants to see them), but seeing film of it is pretty interesting. Watch the whole clip to see all of it...

That video is telling. People talk about how far you have to walk from the road to the crash site, but you can see wreckage very close to the road in the beginning of the video.

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Thanks racingfan! Good to see you again. Been thinking of Buddy Holly lately, because I just got a new used car and I named it Buddy, after my favorite Rock N Roll star. Of course the first CD I played in the car's CD player was Buddy Holly's Greatest Hits!
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

It's good to know I'm not the only person that gives my cars proper names.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Oh, I almost forgot. Speaking of Buddy Holly, I am trying to find out if anybody knows if the album "Buddy Holly: A Rock & Roll Collection" is available on CD? It is a 2 LP set. I have it on vinyl and even have it on 8-Track, but have not been able to find it on CD. The cover of the album is navy and there is a picture of Buddy in the middle with 2 cherubs on either side of the pic. This is my favorite compilation of his songs. I just like the order the songs are in on the LP's.
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

jly0784 Guest

im intersted in the pictures you have! i sent you a PM but your box is full lol

I like "Rock and Roll Collection "too.. I've never seen it on CD. Once I really got into Buddy's music I found I liked the mono masters without all the reverb better, but it's a neat collection, and the only Holly LP in print in the early/mid 70's.
    One thing that fooled me for a year or so is that the version of "Love's made a fool of you" isn't Buddy Holly. It's the Crickets after they left Buddy, with Earl Sinks doing vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by brettlowden View Post
    I like "Rock and Roll Collection "too.. I've never seen it on CD. Once I really got into Buddy's music I found I liked the mono masters without all the reverb better, but it's a neat collection, and the only Holly LP in print in the early/mid 70's.
    One thing that fooled me for a year or so is that the version of "Love's made a fool of you" isn't Buddy Holly. It's the Crickets after they left Buddy, with Earl Sinks doing vocals.
    Welcome to you, brettlowden! Great first post! Yes, I was always suspicious of that song on the album. It sounded way too overproduced and there was something that just didn't sound right about the vocals. You just comfirmed my suspicion. Thank you!

Thanks for the nice welcome- the Crickets version of "Love's Made a Fool" was recorded by Norman Petty in Clovis NM while Buddy was still living, although I doubt that he ever heard it. It was released I think around April of 59 on Brunswick. It was Jerry Allison Joe B. Sonny Curtis and Earl Sinks. It fooled me for a while.

NOVSTORM Guest
    No appology Mammy. YOu have a right to your opinion just like we do. I know you meant no harm in what you said and we all think like that once in a while too, there are lots of scumbags out there.

Challenger2008 Guest

Thanks for posting the video. I've been really scrutinizing the crash pics you sent me a while ago and have been able to make out a lot of the parts of plane, how it broke up and ended up. It is very clear that it crashed banking far to the right. But I noticed something very interesting: The positioning of the flaps shows that the plane was being forced to bank to the right at the time of impact, and we already know that the plane crashed banking about 90 degrees far to the right. And by the amount that the flaps were raised, the steering wheel was turned very hard to the right, as usually for a normal turn flaps only need to perform gentle movements, not be raised so drastically.

Now I just find that very strange because they must have known they were already banking so steeply, so I wonder why would the plane still be turning that way? This is why I doubt Peterson could have crashed it going down instead of up because it's a matter of banking it seems. I am not sure whether something was broken, or foul play, or Peterson collapsing at the wheel, it could be anything! But one thing's for sure, I highly doubt that if he was disorientated or panicked, that he would just randomly bank to the right as far as he can for no apparent reason..

What do you all think about this?
    Last edited by Challenger2008; 08-26-2014 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger2008 View Post
    Thanks for posting the video. I've been really scrutinizing the crash pics you sent me a while ago and have been able to make out a lot of the parts of plane, how it broke up and ended up. It is very clear that it crashed banking far to the right. But I noticed something very interesting: The positioning of the flaps shows that the plane was being forced to bank to the right at the time of impact, and we already know that the plane crashed banking about 90 degrees far to the right. And by the amount that the flaps were raised, the steering wheel was turned very hard to the right, as usually for a normal turn flaps only need to perform gentle movements, not be raised so drastically.

Now I just find that very strange because they must have known they were already banking so steeply, so I wonder why would the plane still be turning that way? This is why I doubt Peterson could have crashed it going down instead of up because it's a matter of banking it seems. I am not sure whether something was broken, or foul play, or Peterson collapsing at the wheel, it could be anything! But one thing's for sure, I highly doubt that if he was disorientated or panicked, that he would just randomly bank to the right as far as he can for no apparent reason..

What do you all think about this?
    Interesting point! Sadly, I think they knew they were going down.

Also, new tribute album coming out:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...album-20140819

Based on the information given by the Juhls and their neighbors, it sounds like Roger knew at least within the last 20-30 seconds that there was a problem. Two of the neighbors mention the plane pulling up when they approached their houses with one of the houses flipping on a porch light.

Interesting point! Sadly, I think they knew they were going down.

Also, new tribute album coming out:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...album-20140819
    Not the most star-studded of lineups, although I do like Merle Haggard.

Good to see you back! I've been away too long as well. Was hoping to see new info about Buddy but it looks like the same old stuff. Perhaps the new "hags" will bring a different look at that tragedy.

Good to see you back racingfan. You and your Buddy Holly insights have been missed.

Next week the estate of Waylon Jennings will hold an auction of his memorabilia to help fund a local hospital. Of the many items up for bid some are Buddy related including Buddy's Triumph Ariel motorcycle! I recently saw photos of it and it looks like new! Wouldn't that be a great piece to any Buddy fans collection?

Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    Good to see you back racingfan. You and your Buddy Holly insights have been missed.
    Thank you Aviatrix! Realizing lately, I need to spend more time on the forums and less time in RL, for my sanity, so you may be seeing me around more...

"Buddy's Triumph Ariel motorcycle!" Geez, I wish I was wealthy.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.