Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daylight Savings Time Again!

Armcast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    I don't usually scratch my ass...Mostly the cooter...But yeah...I'll think of you in a totally non sexual way! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

It really does suck...I have MUCH mad respect for ya honey...

As long as he doesn't mind...

MandyLynn Guest
    what is total bullcrap is that I am sitting here at work during this damn time change, working an extra hour, while my relief gets to sleep in one hour. And to think, I could be at a bar, having an extra hour of fun instead of this BS...

mandee1005 Guest
    I'm right there with ya. Howdid, how's the cooter scratching going??

Quote Originally Posted by Snudgie View Post
    Oh I didn't know you did it in the USA too!!

We did ours last weekend....didn't get the extra hour in bed though..as someone jumped on my head at 7am last Sunday wanting to play..(It was Scarlett...not hubby....heh!)
    If it was your hubby, it wouldn't be your head he'd jump on. I'd hope not, anyway.

Desertrose Guest
    We don't observe Daylight Saving Time in Arizona, which is good because between all the clocks in the house - Stove, computers, t.v. etc. it would take too much time to update it all. We do however, observe Martin Luther King day, not sure what that has to do with DST though. ?

mandee1005 Guest
    well, my ass is still here..

MandyLynn Guest
    mine too mandeee... Oh and HI, Im Mandy.. fo rizzle. Mandy/ee's unite in DST work sittin time.... 2 more hours of this crap. Thank God I work at home, and thank god the Omen 3 is on so I have something to look at.

Nelliebean Guest

Time change this Sunday !

Remember to "fall back" an hour at 2:00am Sunday November 1st.

I work 2pm-12am so this really doesn't affect me much.

How about you 9-5 folks? Don't you hate losing those few hours of sunlight ?

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Already didn't we just change it!!!???

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen_Death_Hag View Post
    Already didn't we just change it!!!???
    Sure feels like it!

I see tacky Christmas commercials on the horizon.

Flowergrrl Guest
    They have time change in Cali? I know there are places in the US that don't have to. We do. It seems earlier than last year. I can't wait until they get rid of it. I don't see the point.

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    They have time change in Cali? I know there are places in the US that don't have to. We do. It seems earlier than last year. I can't wait until they get rid of it. I don't see the point.

The point is to give more light to farmers. Personally I hate it. This time of the year is dreary enough without it being dark at 4:00.

No daylight savings time ovah heah. They've considered it, but are afraid that salarymen would stay even later at work if it's light out at 5pm. Seriousry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wow, that was some huge-open-mouthed-but-totally-straight-bromance greeting. (爆)~RaRa

It wouldn't bother me if I didn't have to get up and take Hubs to work, which I will be doing when he goes back on days. It's like getting up at 5am. Ack.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

silverwaif77 Guest
    Daylight savings time screws up my internal clock for weeks. I can never get the microwave and oven coordinated (since I can't reset both at the same time)AAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGG!

dcg76 Guest
    I actually dig it. I'm a total night owl, and do things better at night.

For me a person who lives in Canada it means
    winter with lots of snow and freezing rain.
    But I like the overcast grey sky.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

sheri Guest
    We sure do have it here in Cali. Arizona doesn't, I know as I used to live in an area near AZ and they never change. My youngest sibling now lives in AZ and still no time changing for them. Unless they have power outages, totally diff thing.

Quote Originally Posted by silverwaif77 View Post
    Daylight savings time screws up my internal clock for weeks. I can never get the microwave and oven coordinated (since I can't reset both at the same time)AAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGG!
    Me too....time change either way screws up my kids and I's internal clocks for weeks. Nevermind the fact my 12 year is still in school. Ugh he hates it. Can't blame him.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    It wouldn't bother me if I didn't have to get up and take Hubs to work, which I will be doing when he goes back on days. It's like getting up at 5am. Ack.
    I have to do the same thing, except mine doesn't leave until 8:00 am and he works 14 blocks away, downtown. So it's a 10-minute round trip for me...sometimes I even fall back into bed and forget I ever got up and took him!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    I have to do the same thing, except mine doesn't leave until 8:00 am and he works 14 blocks away, downtown. So it's a 10-minute round trip for me...sometimes I even fall back into bed and forget I ever got up and took him!
    Hubs just works a hop and skip from our house, but sometimes I am just falling asleep when he needs to go. Plus, those cold mornings. Ack.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by John Connor View Post
    The point is to give more light to farmers. Personally I hate it. This time of the year is dreary enough without it being dark at 4:00.
    I meant I don't see the point in having to change it back an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by sheri View Post
    We sure do have it here in Cali. Arizona doesn't, I know as I used to live in an area near AZ and they never change. My youngest sibling now lives in AZ and still no time changing for them. Unless they have power outages, totally diff thing.

Me too....time change either way screws up my kids and I's internal clocks for weeks. Nevermind the fact my 12 year is still in school. Ugh he hates it. Can't blame him.
    Hawaii doesn't have it either. This is one of those things where I've always thought we should say a big, "Fuck you!" and nobody change their clocks. What are they going to do.... Arrest all of us?

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by John Connor View Post
    I'm with you, JC. I loathe DST.

sheri Guest
    I meant I don't see the point in having to change it back an hour.

Hawaii doesn't have it either. This is one of those things where I've always thought we should say a big, "Fuck you!" and nobody change their clocks. What are they going to do.... Arrest all of us?
    Yeah, I might actually enjoy being arrested then...make those cluster fuck bitch bad cops look stupid...

Living in Phoenix, we never had to worry about that. Now, I'm glad the other half remembers..I never do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Why not work on slowing down the earth's rotation rather than having us screw with our clocks twice a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Inked_Daddy View Post
    Why not work on slowing down the earth's rotation rather than having us screw with our clocks twice a year?
    Hee hee.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

It's that time again. Don't forget to turn your clocks back tonight if you live in a daylight savings time area.

I live on the equator, so no daylight saving for me.

It's like groundhog day here. No seasons, always hot, humid and wet. No sun lower in the sky during autumn (fall) or winter.

I actually travel so I can experience cold weather lol.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 11-03-2013 at 02:46 AM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

I've traveled to every state and they're all different here. In the northeast and northwest you've got all the seasons. In the southwest you've got mainly your hot and your cold and have to go to higher elevations to experience fall and winter. In the southeast you've got pretty much the same deal except it's much more humid. I lived in the southwest for years where we didn't play the DST game. But up here, we do. Some people get pissed off about it. But me? Eh, I don't care. I do like to be on time though so I change mah clocks.

PurrPurr Guest
    Oh yay, it's going to get dark at 5:30 again...Welcome to Fall/Winter 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I've traveled to every state and they're all different here. In the northeast and northwest you've got all the seasons.
    In Pittsburgh, the joke is we have our own seasons: stink bugs, construction, football, and WINTER.

In the southwest you've got mainly your hot and your cold and have to go to higher elevations to experience fall and winter. In the southeast you've got pretty much the same deal except it's much more humid. I lived in the southwest for years where we didn't play the DST game. But up here, we do. Some people get pissed off about it. But me? Eh, I don't care. I do like to be on time though so I change mah clocks.
    It gets hot as Hades down in Florida too; one December when it was 26 degrees in Pittsburgh, I was running around in a summer dress in Tampa, where it was 88 degrees.
    Last edited by PurrPurr; 11-03-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Mammy Guest
    I love daylight savings time because it gets dark so early. This is my favorite time of the year. I'll take it being dark and chilly outside over heat and humidity any time.

I don't care, now. But back when I worked I always looked forward to fall forward because of the extra hour vs losing an hour in spring forward. Of ourse after you get used to both it really doesn't matter sleepwise. I love the fall and the holiday season. I'm with Mammy. Give me chilly darkness over the heat and humidity any day.
    I've traveled to every state and they're all different here. In the northeast and northwest you've got all the seasons. In the southwest you've got mainly your hot and your cold and have to go to higher elevations to experience fall and winter. In the southeast you've got pretty much the same deal except it's much more humid. I lived in the southwest for years where we didn't play the DST game. But up here, we do. Some people get pissed off about it. But me? Eh, I don't care. I do like to be on time though so I change mah clocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I love daylight savings time because it gets dark so early. This is my favorite time of the year. I'll take it being dark and chilly outside over heat and humidity any time.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

PurrPurr Guest
    Have to admit waking up and seeing daylight at 7:00 AM was kind of refreshing

34. 11-03-2013, 08:45 PM

Yes, it's that annoying time of year again where those of us in many US states need to move our clocks ahead an hour come Sunday night. Blah. But don't forget!

The only upside to this is the clock in my car will be accurate for the next six months.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    The only upside to this is the clock in my car will be accurate for the next six months.
    Ha, same here. I've got way too much to do to be spending my time dicking around with clocks. The rest of mine do the presto changeo on their own.

Fuck clocks.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Hickory dickory dock
    It's time to change the clock.
    Sunday's the day,
    Your sleep goes away,
    The sun in the morning will shock.

~~~~seen on Facebook
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Fuck clocks.
    Clock fucker!

and Sissy's microwave. Ha

Ha, same here. I've got way too much to do to be spending my time dicking around with clocks. The rest of mine do the presto changeo on their own.
    Somebody better tell Sissy, because she thinks it's changing at Easter.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Eenie, meenie, miney mo,
    Catch a Cindy by the toe,
    She'll tell Sissy cuz her we don't know.
    Eenie, meenie, miney mo.

Most of my clocks set themselves so that helps but they need to do away with this shit. We are not mostly farmers anymore. Hydroponic farming does not count.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

That reminds me of Art Bell's rants on DST. "What grows in Nevada?!? NOTHING!"

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Most of my clocks set themselves so that helps but they need to do away with this shit. We are not mostly farmers anymore. Hydroponic farming does not count.
    Neither does weed farming. Just saying.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

DonnaMc Guest
    Seems like we just moved the clocks back! How time flies when.......

Wendy A. Guest
    I know! I hate it! There's no point in doing this anymore, can't we just pick a time and stick with it?

Since I have to work overnight on Saturday guess I will have to
    change the clocks forward or backwards.(what ever)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

PurrPurr Guest
    Spring forward...which means it will still be dark in the morning until about 8:00 (Eastern) for at least a month or so. Just think, the official start of spring is little under two weeks away!

I hate it. It's hard to get used to....then when you do they change it forward or back. Just leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    Spring forward...which means it will still be dark in the morning until about 8:00 (Eastern) for at least a month or so. Just think, the official start of spring is little under two weeks away!
    Not here. Where it snows every Memorial Day Weekend without fail. Even if it's been in the 50's or 60's for awhile until then.