Thread: Least Favorite Comedians

onehunglow Guest

My top 5 over rated non funny people

[SIZE=3]Adam Sandler[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Robin Williams[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Steve Carell[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Jim Carrey[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Steve Martin[/SIZE]

I tkink they are in a case or two one hit wonders.

Happy Gilmor
    Good Morning Vietnam
    The Mask
    The Jerk
    Nothing funny about Carell and after seeing him at Sundance last year an ass. Just my opinion. I know some of you love them. More power to ya. The guys in Jack Ass were funny.

SassySu Guest
    Michael Barrymore.. Not funny, ever, not in a million years.
    Stephen Fry. In the words of Blackadder...STOP

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post

Happy Gilmor
    Good Morning Vietnam
    The Mask
    The Jerk
    Nothing funny about Carell and after seeing him at Sundance last year an ass. Just my opinion. I know some of you love them. More power to ya. The guys in Jack Ass were funny.
    I agree with you except to say that Jim Carrey was Excellent in Eternal Sunshine Of A Spotless Mind.
    The thing about that movie for Jim though is that it was not a comedy.
    Personally, I would say it's one of the best movies you will ever see and Jim Carrey is a big reason why.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SassySu View Post
    Michael Barrymore.. Not funny, ever, not in a million years.
    Stephen Fry. In the words of Blackadder...STOP
    God I HATE Michael Barrymore. Did you see him on the Celebrity Big Brother thing a year or so back?? He's full of self pity. And he was never funny to begin with.

I never found Jim Carrey funny either, or Lee Evans [british commedian]. I just don't get the whole spastic face things. It looks like they are having a stroke half the time.

SassySu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post
    God I HATE Michael Barrymore. Did you see him on the Celebrity Big Brother thing a year or so back?? He's full of self pity. And he was never funny to begin with.

I never found Jim Carrey funny either, or Lee Evans [british commedian]. I just don't get the whole spastic face things. It looks like they are having a stroke half the time.

I would have to agree with Lee Evans although he was excellent in Mousehunt! ARGH don't get me started on Barrymore. Celebrity Big brother was one of the worst things out (apart from Jade Goody) Him and Pete Burns...Revolting. Maybe Pete should be on FAD his career died years ago (along with his face) *shudder*

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SassySu View Post
    I would have to agree with Lee Evans although he was excellent in Mousehunt! ARGH don't get me started on Barrymore. Celebrity Big brother was one of the worst things out (apart from Jade Goody) Him and Pete Burns...Revolting. Maybe Pete should be on FAD his career died years ago (along with his face) *shudder*

Hahahah. I do love Pete Burns though. He looks vile. But he is such a BITCH!!

SassySu Guest
    Actually...Pete does come out with some great lines he doesn't care. Hmmm, ok just Barrymore then..Oh and Russell Brand.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Noooooooooo. Russell Brand is hilarious. I thought of another... Jimmy Carr

SassySu Guest
    Oh yessssss, the man who thinks he's funny. *Snooze* Somebody tell Lenny Henry his time is up as well. We should vote for the worst ever and if they are still alive, club together and send them a wreath and a deepest sympathy card: much love..The Death Hags.

rewind1964 Guest
    Add Jay Leno to the list.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rewind1964 View Post
    Add Jay Leno to the list.
    David Letterman is worse.
    That guy used to be really good but now he is beyond awful.

Drew Carey
    Rosie O'Donnell
    Rowan Atkinson
    Robin Williams
    Julie Louis Dreyfus

Danny62 Guest
    Ben Stiller
    Drew Carey
    Jay Leno
    Adam Sandler
    Roseanne Barr

onehunglow Guest

Jay & David both brought politics into the show

Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    David Letterman is worse.
    That guy used to be really good but now he is beyond awful.
    Johnny once in while tossed a zinger but not a nightly bashing. Either way they piss of about 50% of the people. I don't watch either. What little I've saw of them the Tonight Show Band sucks. They can't even do a cover.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Johnny once in while tossed a zinger but not a nightly bashing. Either way they piss of about 50% of the people. I don't watch either. What little I've saw of them the Tonight Show Band sucks. They can't even do a cover.
    I agree Hung, I don't mind a random zinger but today's late night shows all base the majority of their monologs on politics and it's a bit tiresome. The "jokes" are almost Always Lame and completely played out.
    I watch tv to get away from all the political B.S. that's out there that I have to put up with seemingly all day.
    We know, we get it, move on.
    If all we get is Bush is dopey, Larry Craig is gay and Hillary's a bi*ch then what does it say about the comedic writers of these shows? It basically shows that they are pretty worn out and uncreative.
    Carson had it right yet these hosts who bow at the alter of Johnny don't follow his example.

onehunglow Guest
    Add Letterman and Konan
    Compared to Carson, they're foot fungus.

Jay Leno
    David Letterman
    Bob Hope
    Jerry Lewis
    Eddie Murphy

Tugboat25 Guest
    I think it can be safely said that "most" of the standup comedians out there today are unfunny.
    It is so rare to actually see a really funny guy up on a stage with a microphone.

Jack Raines Guest
    Definitely add Will Ferrell to that list. He's one of the most over-rated celebrities, period.

FoxMulder Guest
    Richerd Pryor annoyed the hell out of me. Not once did I ever laugh. He was too crude.

Chelsea Handler - Terrible. One of the main things I noticed when saying jokes is that she gave absolutely no emotion when saying them, which is part of the act. I can't figure out of she's just lazy or she's thinking too much about the material. Either way, I can't stand her.

Robin Williams - too animated for my taste. He's just annoying.

Jay Leno - The only funny thing about him is his face.

Rosie - Obnoxious.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Add Letterman and Konan
    Compared to Carson, they're foot fungus.
    LMAO...truer words were never spoken.....

Bring_Out_Yer_Dead Guest
    My picks:

Pauly Shore
    Pauly Shore
    Pauly Shore
    Pauly Shore
    and
    Pauly Shore's
    Mom for ever letting
    him on a stage.

Cheers all,
    Doug

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bring_Out_Yer_Dead View Post
    My picks:

Pauly Shore
    Pauly Shore
    Pauly Shore
    Pauly Shore
    and
    Pauly Shore's
    Mom for ever letting
    him on a stage.

Cheers all,
    Doug

ROTFLMAO..........

Rosie
    Adam Sandler
    Dane Cook
    Jim Carrey
    Will Farrell
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

FoxMulder Guest
    My picks:

Pauly Shore
    Pauly Shore
    Pauly Shore
    Pauly Shore
    and
    Pauly Shore's
    Mom for ever letting
    him on a stage.

Cheers all,
    Doug
    I really liked "Son In Law" but other then that, he's always annoyed the hell out of me.

deathybrad Guest
    [SIZE=3]Steve Carell is the biggest flop is shobiz.[/SIZE]

tensecondstolove Guest
    I'm with you on the Steve Carell front. And Adam Sandler should've stopped making movies about 10 years ago. I mean, that Spanglish movie was the effing worst.

Jack Raines Guest
    Two words: Carrot Top

I personally think Dave Letterman is about as funny as a crusty old cat turd in a cardboard box.

Bee1001 Guest
    I don't see what is so special about Dane Cook whatsoever. Jay Leno, it seems everytime he tells a joke no one laughs and then he has to giggle about it and make a joke about his band leader to save himself. Give me Conan anyday, thank you.

deathybrad Guest
    Pop culture thinks Dane Cook is a good looking man. Good looking men always get preference.

ANDY DICK...nuff said

magblax Guest
    My picks:

Pauly Shore
    Pauly Shore
    Pauly Shore
    Pauly Shore
    and
    Pauly Shore's
    Mom for ever letting
    him on a stage.

Cheers all,
    Doug
    LOL!! I second that and also want to add Martin Short

Whoopie Goldberg. She has never even amused me, let alone make me laugh.

ajurk Guest
    seriously jim carey? ace ventura is so freakin awesome! bruce almighty is good too. but besides that, he is a bit overrated, but not horrific.

thank god someone mentioned chelsea handler. there is nothing funny about her. i dont get the hype (if there is any). i also do not find will ferrell funny either.

and i like her, but i dont find ellen degeneres funny.

what clouds my ideas about robin williams is that he is in some of my fav movies, like good will hunting, dead poets society and popeye. hook, birdcage and death to smoochy are good too.

GhostWorld Guest
    Dane Cook
    Carlos Mencia

Jersey Girl Guest
    Carrot Top
    Rita Rudner
    Bill Cosby
    Louie Anderson
    Jerry Lewis
    Paula Poundstone

FoxMulder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ajurk View Post
    seriously jim carey? ace ventura is so freakin awesome! bruce almighty is good too. but besides that, he is a bit overrated, but not horrific.

what clouds my ideas about robin williams is that he is in some of my fav movies, like good will hunting, dead poets society and popeye. hook, birdcage and death to smoochy are good too.
    I agree with you there. They both have done some great movies. I always liked Jim Carrey movies. As a kid, I would watch Ace Ventura so many times as a kid that my mother knew all the lines and I eventually worn out the tape. I have most of his movies on DVD. Well, except Man on the Moon and a couple others. But overall, I like him, but he can be pretty over-the-top at times, I agree. His work in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was fucking amazing. And he was the straight, serious guy while Kate Winslet sort of had the Jim Carrey role. He played drama well in that movie.

And Robin Williams has done some good movies too. I've heard numerous times that on every one of his movies he did a lot of improv. and not once did he repeat what he did before, which is rare among actors. It's just that now his movies have sucked, i.e. RV and I hear "Man of the Year" didn't get any good reviews either. I have some of his stuff on DVD too. The Birdcage (classic!), Mrs. Doubtfire, Good Will Hunting, and a couple others. I just lost respect for him after I saw ''Patch Adams" years ago.

Lurkster Guest
    Jason Alexander: Great on Seinfeld, sucks ass on everything else.
    Jay Leno
    Whoopi Goldberg
    Rosie and Joy
    Bill Cosby: Now why is he supposed to be funny?
    Michael Richards: See Jason Alexander.
    Drew Carey: They replaced Bob Barker with this guy?

deathybrad Guest
    I know a guy who thinks Carlos Mencia is funny. His name is Carlos Mencia.

FoxMulder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    I know a guy who thinks Carlos Mencia is funny. His name is Carlos Mencia.
    His real name is actually Ned...

cobbius Guest
    Gallagher
    Robin WIlliams
    Richard Pryor
    Carrot Top
    Yahoo Serious

towser Guest
    Steve Martin used to be funny...He's releasing a new book about his life as a stand up.

When I was about 9 or so, I had all of his comedy albums memorized and my dad would crack up as I recited them.....

I'm not too sure how popular or well-known these two are, but what about Judy Tenuda (sp) and Victoria Jackson? Please tell me why these two are even given air time, they are both so patheticically UNfunny.

Maza Guest
    I don't like Eddie Murphy... he is full of himself.
    Vince Vaughan cannot act to save his life...he is a one toned bore.
    Michael Barrymore......should disappear of the face of the earth...he was sooo not funny

can't think of anyone else at the moment.

Laura1020 Guest

Happy Gilmor
    Good Morning Vietnam
    The Mask
    The Jerk
    Steve Martin, really? I LOVE him. I have since I was about 5. "Two wild a crazy guys!" and "King Tut!" He was great in The Jerk, Plains, Trains and Automobiles, Housesitter. Yes, the recent Pink Panther movie was not his best work. I don't know. Maybe I just have a soft spot for him. I do agree on Jim Carey, with the excpetion of Dumb and Dumber. That has got to be one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Can't stand Ace Venutra or The Mask, though.

My five:
    Sarah Silverman
    Paula Pundstone
    Whoopi Goldberg
    Bob Sagget
    George Carlin -JUST KIDDING! He is the KING of comedy.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    I agree with you except to say that Jim Carrey was Excellent in Eternal Sunshine Of A Spotless Mind.
    The thing about that movie for Jim though is that it was not a comedy.
    Personally, I would say it's one of the best movies you will ever see and Jim Carrey is a big reason why.

"I'm just a fucked up girl looking for my own peice of mind, don't assign me your's" My fav quote from that movie and it is also one of my favs.

JGrier Guest
    I actually like Carlos Mencia (picking up season 3 of Mind of Mencia tomorrow)

I don't like:
    George Lopez
    Jim Carrey (plays every comedy role exactly the same)
    Jerry Sienfeld (hated his show)

endsleigh03 Guest
    Drew Barrymore (PLEASE stop making those "light hearted" movies)
    Jim Carey (because he NEVER turns it off)
    Robin Williams (because he can't do comedy OR drama)
    Ben Stiller (annoying as all hell)

Okay thats just four, but thats my opinion and I am stickin' to it

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxMulder View Post
    His real name is actually Ned...
    Thanks-didilly-danks fellow death hag-arino.