View Poll Results: Is this Halloween costume over the top?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup, you are nuts, change costumes.

35 61.40%
  • No it is OK, it's Halloween but don't let kids see you.

10 17.54%
  • Good costume, OK to wear in public.

5 8.77%
  • Great costume, juvenile Death Hags have to start SOMEPLACE!

7 12.28%
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween!

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I'm going to a few this weekend. There is one here in Denver called 13th Floor. Its $30.00 to get in. There are 13 floors, each floor being scarier than the other. If you make it through the 13 floors, you get your money back. Have never gone there before.

Anyone else into that stuff?
    That sounds like fun! Though I've only been once to a haunted house and it scared the shit outta me!

Sounds cool.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Snoopy Guest
    I used to go to at least one every year..the scariest I've ever been to around here was the Haunted Tunnell all twisty and dark..never knew what was around the corner! that 13th Floor sounds great..let us know if you make it all the way!

guardmom2008 Guest
    I have never been there, but it sounds like fun. A colleague of mine mentioned something about 10 rooms, it is somewhere in PA, they have the same policy as 13 floors. Let us know how it is.

Guest Guest
    13th floor sounds spooky! I'd love to try it though!

We have a few here in Salt lake city,one that is real kewl is called nightmare on 13th street...!!!!http://www.nightmareon13th.com/experience.php

Wednesday Guest
    I'm going to one this weekend called the Haunted Hotel, and it has.... 13 floors! I used to go to one around here called the haunted forest. You got to walk through a cemetery, and every once and a while the headless horseman would ride past you. Once you got to the maze, people would chase you with chainsaws. hahaha good times.

Nosgothic Guest
    I could easily make it through a haunted house with masked people and dummies, but I've been told some have real spiders and snakes. Snakes? Bring 'em on, spiders? NO thank you.

Yep ..I'd have a real prob with shoulderless creature's......!

cubbiecatz Guest
    You'll have to tell us if you make it.

I'm going on a haunted "scarriage" ride Saturday evening. My friend wanted us to do the haunted room that is pitch black and you have to feel your way out of it.

Mark Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cubbiecatz View Post
    You'll have to tell us if you make it.

I'm going on a haunted "scarriage" ride Saturday evening. My friend wanted us to do the haunted room that is pitch black and you have to feel your way out of it.

Yeah I will tell you all. Cant wait.

Pitch black????? Man. Well all I can say is thank god for cell phone lights. Or do they take them too.??????????

cubbiecatz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Yeah I will tell you all. Cant wait.

Pitch black????? Man. Well all I can say is thank god for cell phone lights. Or do they take them too.??????????
    I don't believe you are supposed to use one but i don't know if they actually take them from you.

xenaswolf Guest
    I don't do haunted houses very well. I have a tendency to fight when I get scared. I went once, punched out one of the actors and was asked to leave...forever LOL

WendyK Guest
    I have not been to a really cool Haunted House in ages! Last one I went to, I got chased by a freaking clown that knew my name!

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I can't get into them because I know legally they can't really hurt me, so it takes all the fun out of it. Or maybe I've just been to really lousy haunted houses.

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    OK, this is how it looks...not very impressive during the day...at night there is a strobe, and black light...it makes the spiderwebs glow, and I have designs on the walls painted in fabric softener that glow (including "Helter Skelter" lol!). Hopefully they will be judging at night....I didn't want to do a commercial decoration, but went with realism/spooky...I hope it works! Wish me luck! And thank you for all the help and suggestions!!

Looks very cool SS - good luck! Very original and creative!

D3LIVIÃ?N Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    I don't do haunted houses very well. I have a tendency to fight when I get scared. I went once, punched out one of the actors and was asked to leave...forever LOL
    I'm kind of the same way. I have a tendency to want to swing when I sense someone coming up from behind me. Even though I adore spook houses I have almost accidentally clocked a few people after getting the daylights scared out of me LOL.

A friend of mine that lives in Austin Texas recently told me about how many really good haunted houses there are out there right now. I guess I will have to stick with Shipwreck at the Queen Mary for now.

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    I am the worst at haunted houses! When they come out to chase me I grab them and tell them how hawt they are...I shocked one poor guy by asking "So, ever done it with a fat chick?" and I always wave and say "HI!! Howyadoin?"

Yeah, I am no fun, haha

Have fun tho, Mark!! Sounds like a blast!

endsleigh03 Guest
    I went to one once a long time ago that the Jaycees put on. It was really cool, they had an old old house they did up.

Problem was, they were using real meat for the various scenes they were doing. By the time I got there late that night *it's warmmm here* the meat had developed this awful stink and it was all over the house. That was scarier than the murder scenes

Maruz83 Guest
    OK... now come do mine !

cubbiecatz Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    i don't do haunted houses very well. I have a tendency to fight when i get scared. I went once, punched out one of the actors and was asked to leave...forever lol
    lmao

Zombiegirl Guest
    I love a good haunted house. Back in he 90's, one of the fraternity houses here had THE BEST haunted house ever. The fact that it was in an old house to begin with helped the effect. I really miss going to that.......

WendyK Guest
    You did great! SS! I love it! Especially that you wrote Helter Skelter!

Lisamarie Guest
    Just meade it through the Mortuary here its New Orleans oldest mortuary and they have turned it into a haunted house with ghost tours...anyway whent this Fri with the husband and was screaming my ass off...the freakiest part for me was it in a real mortuary and there are three floor and it gose into the basement with the embalming room and there are the tiles all on the walls as well as the drains on the floors and the original metal beds!!!! And of course one of the bodies popped up!!! But as your going though you see out the window and see the graveyard in the back and all those people were prepared and laid out in that very room!!! I loved it!!!

FannyB1923 Guest
    My grocery store is playing Halloween music. Not limp stuff like "Monster Mash" I'm wheeling my cart around last Friday listening to "Don't Fear The Reaper" Cool!

Has anyone been Sharon Tate for halloween??? Or is that tacky \ disrespectful?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Delivian View Post
    That rules, you totally should be a bottle of hot sauce.
    Yo te queiro Cutie Sasha Fawn. 'scuse me if I didn't spell the Spanish words correctly. I speak French and English, not Spanish.

29. 10-25-2008, 11:08 AM

redkatrampant Guest
    find one near you
    hauntworld.com

The last one I went to was a mill house off a creepy dark dirt road in my city. Scared the living daylights out of me, let me tell ya.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Without all the bling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i went to one this evening. someone got so scared they pissed their pants (an adult!). kids came out crying. teenagers were spooked. i thought it was great.
    â??You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.â?

kimba Guest
    I'm going to a costume event..the theme is dead pirates. My friend I will make up as a dead pirate by hanging: bruises, rope burn, grey skin and stuff.
    Me..I'm going as a drowned pirate. I am trying to figure out how to make my costume look wet, yet be dry.
    I have a giant foam anchor on order, comes with a few feet of fake chain, so that'll be good. I'm playing with the idea of a hose stuck up the back of my neck,under my hat and wig that can be used to pump the occasional water splash onto me. The piece de resistance of course will be the assortment of water creatures attached to my face and arms..barnacles, starfish, octopus et al...
    And to top it off, a fishing net snagged on my head.
    I have to be careful though, I can't be too oogy..if I went all the way, I'd be bloated from being in the water with an aquatic creature nibbled nose, and strips of flesh hanging off my cheeks with teeth showing and stuff.....but this is also a banquet, and I'll need to eat.So I have to make sure my mouth and jaw are encumbered by make up effects....
    It's difficult, I've gone as a pirate with a "P" branded on my cheek, but the stuff I used to make the brand actually puckers the skin, and tightens it, so I can't open my mouth all the way, without eventually destroying the effect.

WynterPhantom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    Just meade it through the Mortuary here its New Orleans oldest mortuary and they have turned it into a haunted house with ghost tours...anyway whent this Fri with the husband and was screaming my ass off...the freakiest part for me was it in a real mortuary and there are three floor and it gose into the basement with the embalming room and there are the tiles all on the walls as well as the drains on the floors and the original metal beds!!!! And of course one of the bodies popped up!!! But as your going though you see out the window and see the graveyard in the back and all those people were prepared and laid out in that very room!!! I loved it!!!
    They say that that place of course has real ghosts, and that one is a teenage boy who loves going around scaring people, he thinks he's part of the show is what people have said. I heard its one of the best haunted houses because its real. Isn't it one of the oldest too?

cubbiecatz Guest
    I want to know how Mark did in the 13th floor!?

I went on a haunted ride last night. The wait was 3 hours, and my group was one of the earlier groups. It was awesome, not to terribly scary but the girl I was with ended up being terrified everytime someone jumped out of the trees. (gave me some bruises too) They did a lot of movie themes. While we waited in line there were a lot of people dressed up walking around scaring people. If we do it next year, we are doing the VIP ticket where you can skip the lines!

frosty Guest
    Some great pics and cool costumes!, well every halloween i do the front garden up with props i make, i'm a mask and prop maker so i go nuts every year, costumes wise well i'm doing Shrek, heres a pic of me and the wife at the recent fancy dress party we went to

Last year i made a predator costume for my son Lucas,

I'm still working on this years display, a massive spider for the roof and a few full sized statues including darth vader

cubbiecatz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by frosty View Post
    Some great pics and cool costumes!, well every halloween i do the front garden up with props i make, i'm a mask and prop maker so i go nuts every year, costumes wise well i'm doing Shrek, heres a pic of me and the wife at the recent fancy dress party we went to

Last year i made a predator costume for my son Lucas,

I'm still working on this years display, a massive spider for the roof and a few full sized statues including darth vader
    Those are awesome!!

Curtis Radiohead Guest

Happy Halloween to all!

I know this is a couple of days early but I love Halloweeen. Might be my favorite holiday of all. I have not been on the net much lately and do not know when I will be on again so I just want to wish all of you a safe, drunken, Happy Halloween!

Love, C

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Thanks Curtis...We Love you...

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    Thanks Curtis...We Love you...
    Thank you. I love everyone here. For sure!

Happy Halloween to you, Curtis. It's nice to see you back!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Happy Halloween my friend.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Radiohead View Post
    I know this is a couple of days early but I love Halloweeen. Might be my favorite holiday of all. I have not been on the net much lately and do not know when I will be on again so I just want to wish all of you a safe, drunken, Happy Halloween!

Love, C
    Hey there Curtis! How ya been?
    Happy Halloween all!!

guardmom2008 Guest
    Happy Halloween Curtis!

Layla331 Guest
    Happy Halloween Curtis...Your the best treat! <wink>...

More Cheese Please Guest
    Happy Halloween Curtis!!

**Jenna** Guest
    Happy Halloween Curtis!

Snoopy Guest
    Happy Halloween Curtis! Be well!

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    Happy Halloweenie Curtis!!!

Happy Halloween, Curtis! I love it, too.

I hope you do something fun and Halloween-y on the big day!