View Poll Results: Is this Halloween costume over the top?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup, you are nuts, change costumes.

35 61.40%
  • No it is OK, it's Halloween but don't let kids see you.

10 17.54%
  • Good costume, OK to wear in public.

5 8.77%
  • Great costume, juvenile Death Hags have to start SOMEPLACE!

7 12.28%
Page 1 of 20 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween!

leppchic Guest

Halloween!

Anyone else dress up for Halloween? It is my favorite time of year. We have a huge party. With our celebrity graveyard of course. I made headstones for several of Hollywoods finest. My question is what are you going to be this year? My hubby is going to be Larry Birkhead and carry a baby in one of those baby carrier things on his chest with a baby with a princess crown on her head and an ANS tattoo on his arm. I am still trying to decide. I have narrowed it down to three choices: A Playboy Bunny, Marilyn, or ANS. I am leaning toward ANS since he is going to be LB. My first choice was a pb bunny but I have always wanted to be Marilyn and have never been. I still don't know What are yall gonna be?

firegilnotguns Guest
    I was going to be slave leia from Return of the Jedi (my husband as Han Solo) but I don't think we're going to make it to our big Burlesque night that we usually go to for Halloween, so I don't know that we're going to dress up this year. We have our costumes so we'll probably hold off til next year.
    I really want to be decapitated Marie Antoinette at some point, though, too!

leppchic Guest
    Or does anyone have any suggestions on what I could be, I always have a hard time deciding. I wish halloween came four times a year I have yet to be something gory so that would be cool but I am not so creative in the costume dept. Thanks

star82 Guest
    I am thinking of going as JonBenet Ramsey

Guest Guest
    Well I was going to go as Cher " If I could turn back time video" but we all know she let her ass hang out big time on that, and I really don't need a bunch of guys " saluting" me during the night. So I think I'm just going to go a Disco chic. I've found most of the costume but I cannot find go-go boots anywhere.

firegilnotguns Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsumthin View Post
    Well I was going to go as Cher " If I could turn back time video" but we all know she let her ass hang out big time on that, and I really don't need a bunch of guys " saluting" me during the night. So I think I'm just going to go a Disco chic. I've found most of the costume but I cannot find go-go boots anywhere.
    Plus you'd have to get those rose tattoos on your arse...

leppchic Guest
    Last year I needed some retro high heels for my costume. I got mine at an old church sort of "goodwill" store. Check some of those out I bet you will find something there for cheap. My shoes look like they had never been worn and I bought 'em for a quarter!

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by firegilnotguns View Post
    Plus you'd have to get those rose tattoos on your arse...

LMFAO, yeah, I think I will pass on the Cher bit

I went one year as one of the Blues Brothers...
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I'm going trick or treating with the four year old. I'll be dressed as mom with the dog on the leash. Sigh.

My two favorite costumes? Tippi Hendren from The Birds and Medusa. For The Birds, I bought a 60s style suit from a thrift shop and glued a bunch of fake birds from JoAnne Fabrics on it and put a bunch of fake blood on it. Medusa, I wore a slinky nighty type thing and put a bunch or rubber snakes in my hair, which was really long at the time.

firegilnotguns Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nytkrew View Post
    I went one year as one of the Blues Brothers...
    ...did someone go with you as the other one?

Jersey Girl Guest
    I was Lily Munster one year. That was my favorite. Our Halloween costumes always rocked, as our mother was a seamstress and she made all of our costumes by hand. We were always the envy on Halloween.
    She made my brother a Sigmund The Sea Monster costume when he was in the 5th grade. He won the school's costume contest with that.

Nik Guest
    My friends and I are going as Stepford Wives this year. We're even going to get little chips on our necks. It'll be cute, because none of us are the type that would dress or act like that.

BeeCee Guest
    My best and most favorite costume is the one you see in my avatar. Another one I enjoyed was one I referred to as a 19th century goth equestrian - top hat with flowing scarf attached, black & purple dress, black nails, black hair in snood, blood red lips. Oddly, didn't even get any photos of that one for some reason. Guess I'll have to do it again. Others I've wanted to do but haven't include Marilyn Monroe, Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz, and a large Bee. Except for the Bee I don't think I could pull those off too well these days.

My buddy Brian and I went as Rosemary and Leno LaBianca last year. Costumes came out great, but I never posted them on findadeath - for fear of my own life.

Quote Originally Posted by firegilnotguns View Post
    ...did someone go with you as the other one?
    As cool as that would have been, sad to say no. I haven't given up hope though that it will happen.
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leppchic View Post
    Or does anyone have any suggestions on what I could be, I always have a hard time deciding. I wish halloween came four times a year I have yet to be something gory so that would be cool but I am not so creative in the costume dept. Thanks
    If you have a gorilla suit and a diving helmet handy, you could go as the title character from Robot Monster.

(With extra points awarded if you break out a bubble machine to complete the ensemble.)

ComputerGuy Guest

Pictures of the Graveyard for Halloween

A Few pictures of our graveyard for this year. Will look really great with the fog machines, lightning and of course singing pumpkins.

19. 10-11-2007, 04:42 PM

b57hrle Guest
    that looks really cool... I used to have a HUGE front yard back away from the road and always wanted to do up the whole thing like a graveyard... but I ended up moving before I could do it! Hope to see pics at nite lit up!

That's a cool little graveyard ya got there; looks real.
    â??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.â? - Michael Jackson

firegilnotguns Guest
    We share our garden with our neighbours...I can only imagine how they'd feel if we filled it with little gravestones. Stupid neighbours. (Wish Halloween was bigger here!)

Gardner32 Guest
    Cool, they look like the really belong there!

attackatdawn Guest

Haunted House

When you were a kid did you ever go to a "haunted house" for Halloween? I volunteered once years ago to take people thru one, yes, even adults were freaking out it sort of annoyed me because to me it was so very fake and people were screaming like they seen a ghost lol! I can understand little kids getting scared but adults?

Anyway I seen on the Minneapolis, MN news on tv this morning someone is offering something really different. You have to be 18 yrs old and sign a waiver before you go thru.
    Designed by local artists Chris Pennington and Aaron Wojak, the raw confines of The Soap Factoryâ??s undeveloped basement will provide a alloween experience unlike any other. Groups will explore the 120-year-old basement with only the light of their handheld lanterns to guide them.
    http://www.marcyholmes.org/2007/10/1...-soap-factory/

RoRo Guest
    yeah every halloween till a "werewolf" jumped off a rail in one and scratched a friend's arm so bad she had to have stitches ... kinda took the fun out

kelbons Guest
    OK, I remember this story from when I was little, and I don't know if it's true, but my uncle told us about it.

It must have been in the early '80s and I'm not sure where, but my uncle Bob went through one and when he was done he said to the guy who was running it, "That skeleton was so realitic... where did you get it?" He told him that it was real. Apparently it had "stuff" hanging from it; it gave my uncle really bad flashbacks from Vietnam... when (among other things,) his best friend was blown up right next to him.

Gary Guest
    Check this out. It's run by an old family friend and is about a mile from my house.
    http://www.hauntedshack.com/

magblax Guest

Anyone dressing up for Halloween

I had a hard time deciding what to go as this year.

William (5) is going to be Mr. Incredible.
    Audrina (5 months) is going to be a flower.
    My husband is going to be a demon.

I'm going to be Mother Nature. I scored a costume at Shopko on discount because the wings were missing- and trying to find wings to match would be really hard. So I got the dress and a goddess wig. I'm going to make a wreath of flowers for my hair, a garland of leaves to twine around my arms and whatever other little creative things I can think ok.

Anyone else?
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    I'm dressing in red, black and white, and I'm going to have devil horns (I found some cool ones that are like barrettes instead of that headband thing...), a pierced devil's tail, and a halo and small wings. I gotta keep it semi-tame for work...but I'm glad I figured out something I could be that wouldn't be too far from the real me. HA!

GhostWorld Guest
    I think I should be Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin.

Porcelain Guest

Halloween

[SIZE=3]So do any of you have interesting Halloween stories to share? I mean anything funny, creepy or unusual that has happened to you around this holiday.[/SIZE]

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    lol....i thought now was the PERFECT time to dress up as a nun....I know...too cheesy...but still...hehe

kelbons Guest
    I'm a loser, so the most I'll do is my standard Old Navy Halloween shirt... Emily (3) has insisted that she was going to be Cinderella since July or August! She got all gussied up a few weeks ago and by the time I grabbed the camera, she had the wig off. The mean mommy that I am, I made her put it back on and this was the result...

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    Cinderella REALLY didn't have a very good time at the ball, by the looks of things...

susalu Guest
    [quote=kelbons;18615]I'm a loser, so the most I'll do is my standard Old Navy Halloween shirt... Emily (3) has insisted that she was going to be Cinderella since July or August! She got all gussied up a few weeks ago and by the time I grabbed the camera, she had the wig off. The mean mommy that I am, I made her put it back on and this was the result...

Man does she look pissed! Us moms have to be mean from time to time...

I am not dressing up this year.... I am freaking out... Super busy the past few weeks.... I am filming the last segment of an episode of Househunters, a show on HGtv on saturday. It is supposed to be the part where I am all moved in and happy.... Been working on the house so much that all thoughts of halloween have been shoved aside!!

Sus

tensecondstolove Guest
    I'm being a witch. I was gonna be the Corpse Bride but then I decided on a witch. I've got the makeup and everything too lol

TNpuck Guest
    I went to a party today as a deranged hockey fan.

In other words, I wore a hockey jersey and said that was my costume.

Danse Macabre Guest
    I'll be my usual: Old Witch Hazel
    My 4 year old will be Cinderella and my 10 months old will be a flower.

beautygirlsmom Guest

Halloween Costumes

I've got a Halloween t-shirt because I'm too busy dressing kids to worry about dressing up! My youngest is Red Riding Hood; my middlest is Alice in Wonderland; and my oldest - who is not pictured due to the highly secret nature of her costume - is going to be Princess Lollipop from the Candyland Game.

My dog is accompanying us as the Big Bad Wolf.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Halloweenies.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	175  

MbalmR Guest
    I'll probably just go as my normal self; I already look like a freshly dug up corpse, so I can scare a dog off a meat wagon. I'll borrow one of the neighborhood kids and go door to door trick or treating for cans of beer.

My former boss has this really cool costume he made himself: it's a coffin, and he walks around in it! He's won several costume competitions with it, too. In previous years, he's gone as Cher, or Morticia Addams, etc. Last year his wife told him he had to stop wearing dresses, though. It's a shame really, because he makes a very stunning woman.

JeffD Guest
    I'll be doing my Grim Reaper. I have a pro costume but the face mask is pain, skin tight glue on. The robe is cool with long, hanging sleeves. It scares the little kids and old people.

Woot! Looks good! And will look even better with the fog and pumpkins! thanks for posting the pics; I love yard haunts. The juvenile delinquents around here steal everything, even plants, out of your yard, so I can't do it myself. We're talking about moving this next year, and I hope to live in the 'burbs and have a yard and maybe do Halloween right.

Cheers,
    Amy

sweetpea77 Guest
    I really like that.

I live in apartments so I don't think my landlords would get a kick out of me putting fake headstones in the grassy area.
    Might scare the little kiddies!!

Nik Guest
    Two of my friends and I are going as Steford Wives. It'll be a blast.

beandip Guest
    I'm wearing my pajamas to work (we're able to dress up) and putting curlers in my hair.

Last year I was Olive Oyl and everybody thought I was Mrs. Claus. WTF? LOL

Danny62 Guest
    Having a party at work...6 of us are going to dress as the Village people. I am going to dress as the construction worker!!!

Maza Guest
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGA0097.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	532.3 KB 
ID:	180

This is my front yard, We also light up the house with green lights, it looks quite cool.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGA0098.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	514.2 KB 
ID:	181

susalu Guest
    Ok, well, I wanna see pix, everyone!!! Please post yourself in all your glory!!!

jesska_812 Guest
    I am going to be Britney Spears.....got me a wig, big sunglasses, ripped fishnets, some short shorts and a kid to hang off my waist...and maybe drop a couple of times....

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jesska_812 View Post
    I am going to be Britney Spears.....got me a wig, big sunglasses, ripped fishnets, some short shorts and a kid to hang off my waist...and maybe drop a couple of times....

You aren't gonna give any *free shots* are you? Cuz a fellow Death Hag, I can say there is a "different" line we should NEVER cross....LOL. I'm kidding...

We have a party every year and this year's theme is T.V. shows. I am going as Mary Ann and my honey is going as Gilligan. He might bring a blunt or two, for authencity sakes...