View Poll Results: Is this Halloween costume over the top?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup, you are nuts, change costumes.

35 61.40%
  • No it is OK, it's Halloween but don't let kids see you.

10 17.54%
  • Good costume, OK to wear in public.

5 8.77%
  • Great costume, juvenile Death Hags have to start SOMEPLACE!

7 12.28%
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween!

dirttrackdemon3 Guest

Happy Halloween!!!

deathybrad Guest
    They trick-or-treated last night for the bullshit excuse that Wednesday night is church night.

dirttrackdemon3 Guest

really???

that sucks!! we are expecting probaly b/w 300-500 little kids tonight. i gotta take my little girl out scamming for candy. with the price of gas, i may lay in wait and knock some kid over the head and take his candy!!

[SIZE=7][SIZE=6]Happy Halloween to all[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5. 10-31-2007, 06:04 AM

SEL2323 Guest
    judy garland - the mgm years

Snoopy Guest
    Happy Halloween Death Haggers!

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Happy Halloween my fellow Ghouls.

fanable Guest
    I don't know that I would've had the patience to shoot and put together that whole thing; it sounded like it took forever:

Just a school project that i did... over 3 hours of carving and 600 pictures later... and another 3 hours of making it... you get this.... Art work... lol.. and i ment for the person (my brother in law) to be in one frame of the movie, but the hand at the end i just ended up missing that in my editing. The editing and transfer to the computer took the longest being i was using a digital slr camera average picture size was roughly 5.5MBs so in the end and handing in the file it was a total of 4GBs enough said why the editing (by editing i mean putting the pictures into the computer and into Final Cut Pro) took so long. All because of rendering.

Morbid1 Guest

Be safe out there!

[SIZE=6]HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!![/SIZE]

-Morbid1

A fellow co-worker asked me what I am doing for Halloween.... my response "Answering the door".

I have no kids yet, so I am just a giver this year.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN ALL!!!!!

Death Hag Chris Guest
    must be an EMO pumpkin.

Happy Halloween and Happy Samhain!

Extreme Pumpkins is very cool, if the cutes ones bore you:
    http://www.extremepumpkins.com/

I'll try to get some pictures of the rug rats in their costumes today.

Cheers,
    Amy

ComputerGuy Guest
    Happy Halloween. Getting the front lawn setup with the strobe lights (lightning) the fog machines, blacklights, and of course the singing pumpkins

onehunglow Guest

Lets me guess. Sweets is dressed as a swimmer

RJ is dressed as Joan Jett
    Gary in Buddy Holly Glasses
    Harry as Harry Reems
    Chris in the Den with the gun.
    O.J. as the real killer

So take a guess how I came to work. Not as a bowl of the Bio Toxin.
    Last edited by onehunglow; 10-31-2007 at 07:33 AM.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    RJ is dressed as Joan Jett
    Gary in Buddy Holly Glasses
    Harry as Harry Reems

So take a guess how I came to work. Not as a bowl of the Bio Toxin.
    a bowl of potato salad?

Ree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    a bowl of potato salad?
    Clever!!

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    Clever!!
    thank you.

kelbons Guest
    [SIZE=6]HAPPY HALLOWEEN, EVERYONE!![/SIZE]

Running my daughter to her grandparents' houses, Happy Meal and home for Trick-or-Treating!

onehunglow Guest

Lunch time and I'm still not hungry!

Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    thank you.
    Hell the would I come as potato salad? Cover myself with swimmers and cold potatos and onions and walk around smelling like viniger?

rjbrasher Guest
    I love rock n roll!

Morbid1 Guest
    "So put another dime in the jukebox baby"

lol..

-Morbid1

magblax Guest

Halloween Facts

Happy Halloween! Here's just a few quick and interesting fact about the holiday that you may or may not know. Add on if you'd like.
    Also, what candy did you hate to get as a kid for Halloween...I hated getting pixie stix.

1. Halloween (All Hollows Eve) originated from a pagan holiday honoring the dead.
    2. The purpose of wearing costumes was to avoid be recognized by ghosts.
    3. Originally turnips were carved (rather than pumpkins) and placed lit on the front porch to ward off evil spirits.

onehunglow Guest

100 feet away!

Quote Originally Posted by rjbrasher View Post
    I love rock n roll!
    Yep a Jett Freak here.

OBX Guest
    Loved pixie stix, but I have never been a guy who liked hard candy.

Guest Guest
    Yup... how'd you guess my costume? I wadded all TP douced in water and stuck it to my body. Then after I got the " swimmer " affect going on I added lube for that wet look and how could I forget my cup of joe.

"swimmers " Does the body good.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-31-2007 at 11:20 AM.

onehunglow Guest

I knew you would take a dip

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsumthin View Post
    Yup... how'd you guess my costume? I wadded all TP douced in water and stuck it to my body. Then after I got the " swimmer " affect going on I added lube for that wet look and how could I forget my cup of joe.

"swimmers " Does the body good.
    Good for that hair as well.

Noor 7ayaty Guest

kelbons Guest
    OK, here are my two favorite from today:

Pre-costume Emily... my little devil!

Cinderella who was slightly happier than the last time she tried on the costume...

Sorry these are so HUGE... I didn't have the patience to resize tonight!

GhostWorld Guest
    SO CUTE!

So what's the trend around you area? We have lots of pirates, one Princess Leia, witches, a knight.. Not too many kids this year - I guess my work will be getting fat due to all of the candy I'm bringing in.

Kathyf Guest
    Cool I love finding out how things started.

Kathyf Guest
    Everyones costume pics looked great! Hope you had a lot of fun.

kelbons Guest
    I had Ninjas, the cutest ladybug and only ONE Hannah Montana! I really expected more!

Gotta love the adults who come to the door with their kids... and they're holding bags, too!!! UGH... go buy a bag of freakin' Snickers for yourself!!
    Last edited by kelbons; 11-01-2007 at 07:17 AM.

Me and my daughter both dressed up as creepy ghost

Morrissey Guest
    I actually dressed up as Marilyn this year.

It was short notice, so I couldn't do Maria Callas like I had wanted to.

Guest Guest
    Jayne Mansfield.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    My friend dressed as a post-mortem Anna Nicole Smith this year.
    Everyone was like ''OMG TOO SOON''
    TBH she looked kinda cool.

I'd probably be her too.

Kathyf Guest
    Marilyn
    of course

kelbons Guest
    OK, I know it's not Halloween, but my daughter just told me she wanted to be a kitty cat this year. She's obsessed. So we were looking online, and I came across this one... perfect for all of us!

Body Bag
    Item # - CC0791
    Price - $44.99

Obsessed with death? Like to hang out at the county morgue? Watch a little too much CSI? Here is the perfect costume for you. Body Bag is made of breathable cotton and has screen print logo on front and back. The logo reads, "Metro County Country Club for Corpses." One size fits most adults and teens.

Ridgecrest, CA-Middle of the Mojave Desert
    We LOVE Halloween here. We do the works at our house...Webs, blacklights, coffins..everything...Plus I get to dress my son up in embarrasing stuff to show his future wife for laughs...

His 1st Hallowween
    Mr. Bumblebee

Last year a Monkey (love the no pictures/I hate you guys look)

Not sure what he will be this year, but we love scaring the kids..lol

kelbons Guest
    He's adorable, Cubican!

The first two years we did Old Navy costumes... she was a bear the first year and the second yesr she was purple dragon. Third time she was Deedee Doodle (Doodlebops). That costume cost me about $45! They were in high demand! Last year she was Cinderella. I think this year I'll be getting out of it a lot cheaper!

But don't you love the body bag???

I'm a Halloween freak. I start prepping in early August. My latest obsession is pumpkin carving. I bought this guy's book, but he has some great ones on his site:
    http://www.extremepumpkins.com/
    The drowning pumpkin (submerged in water in a plastic bag) is a perfect Death Hag one, as is the cannibal pumpkin! I'm buying power tools this year, just to be able to do these properly. I'm also going to break down and finally buy a fog machine, been eyeing one for years!

A zombie is an easy costume. Just get some old clothes, grey and black makeup- to make that sunken eye look and the grey-ish skin of the walking dead, and some of that cobweb stuff, either in a can or that cotton stuff you hang in your bushes. I like the can stuff because it's finer and looks more like what you'd drag up from the crypt on your clothes and hair. You can "gore it up" with fake blood, fake paste-on scars and wounds or those prop hands- stick it in your sleeve and strategically drop it occasionally and freak out the other partygoers!

Cutie pie little guy, Cubican! He looks particularly put out by the bumble bee costume, but when you're that age, it's kind of like: "What are you _doing_ to me, Mama?!"

I'd love to see Scott and friend as the LaBiancas!! Also love the bodybag.

I wish it were Halloween every day!

My ex company used to have a dress up day. One year i went as a witch, and another as a male lumber jack--a 4 foot ll inch lumber jack. IDK, ok?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

sunshine74137 Guest
    My hubs and I are going to go as richard simmons and I'm going to get a fat suit and be one of his admirers

Post some pics! Haaaaaaaaaaa.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I freaking looooove Halloween! My parents would go all out when we were kids. Mom sewed all our costumes, bless her. Dad is also creative and when I was about twelve I went as roadkill. (WTF?) He took different colored gasket maker from O'Reilly's and spent a long time making this horrible looking mass of brains, which we glued to the side of my head with latex glue. It was so gross!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    I freaking looooove Halloween! My parents would go all out when we were kids. Mom sewed all our costumes, bless her. Dad is also creative and when I was about twelve I went as roadkill. (WTF?) He took different colored gasket maker from O'Reilly's and spent a long time making this horrible looking mass of brains, which we glued to the side of my head with latex glue. It was so gross!
    Roadkill! Haaaaaaaaaa! Honey, your dad was a dang death hag. i love it!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Roadkill! Haaaaaaaaaa! Honey, your dad was a dang death hag. i love it!

Oh you have no idea. My family is warped. They don't do the gross pictures and whatnot, but they're definitely warped and have senses of humor to match. I came by it honest.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Quote Originally Posted by leppchic View Post
    Or does anyone have any suggestions on what I could be, I always have a hard time deciding. I wish halloween came four times a year I have yet to be something gory so that would be cool but I am not so creative in the costume dept. Thanks

I saw a woman dressed up as Princess Di one year. She wore a nice gown and a tiara, and pearls...and had a bloody steering wheeling coming out of her chest.
    Tasteful, and elegant yet eye-catching.

D3LIVIĆ?N Guest
    I went as a classic evil villain last year, I had dynamite and got to say "exxxcellent, my plan has worked" all day long! We were thinking of going as the original Gomez and Morticia Adams this year, but I'm not sure about that yet.

I just noticed something.....You death hags notice anything else interesting in this picture?

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    My buddy Brian and I went as Rosemary and Leno LaBianca last year. Costumes came out great, but I never posted them on findadeath - for fear of my own life.
    We want pics!!! Which one of you was Rosemary?

In 97 and 98 I worked Knott's Halloween Haunt. The best. First year was a big bad pig and a wizard the second year. I wore masks with the my eyes blackened. Too lazy to wash my face before going home and I kind of worried about getting stopped late at night and explaining my face. A friend who worked it every year always had the greatest horror makeup on with glass or screws coming out of her face. I asked her about driving home and she said if she was stopped she would say she was on the way to the ER! When I worked at Disneyland I worked several times for the cast members kids party. Unfortunately couldn't wear anything scary. I love Halloween!!!