View Poll Results: Is this Halloween costume over the top?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup, you are nuts, change costumes.

35 61.40%
  • No it is OK, it's Halloween but don't let kids see you.

10 17.54%
  • Good costume, OK to wear in public.

5 8.77%
  • Great costume, juvenile Death Hags have to start SOMEPLACE!

7 12.28%
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween!

kelbons Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishBabe View Post
    I've been trying to come up with a good costume for my son. He's 2 and this will be his first Trick or Treat...he wants to be a character from Word World.

I would love to dress him up as the Greatest American Hero....he has the blond curly hair for it...but I think I'm going to end up making a frog costume.
    You should check out Old Navy when they come out with their Halloween stuff... my daughter was their bear the first year and their dragon the second... they're so cute and really easy to dress them in!

Here she is as Deedee Doodle the third Halloween and Cinderella last year:

cupcake187 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kelbons View Post
    You should check out Old Navy when they come out with their Halloween stuff... my daughter was their bear the first year and their dragon the second... they're so cute and really easy to dress them in!

Here she is as Deedee Doodle the third Halloween and Cinderella last year:
    OH my gawd.. How freaking adorable is she?!?! too cute!

We have always lived in isolated areas and got few to no t or t. But, by cracky, this year we live right in town and I bet we get swarmed. YaY! I can't wait.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I wish we did more in the uk!
    Me...ive been Evil queen from snow white, sandy from grease, flamingo dancer, nurse, cowboy, raggy doll, ..

After spending halloween in universal one year...it makes me want to be in america every year!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A little black dress, a red slash across my neck, and presto! Nicole Simpson. My husband won't do OJ. Thinks I'm tacky.

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    OMG I LOVE Halloween!! When I worked at Universal, I always volunteered to work every night of Halloween Horror Nights!!
    *sigh* I miss it so....
    Kai is too young for a proper Halloween this year, but it wont stop me from making her a costume!! I am actually hoping to go to a local RenFest and might make her and I matching Ren costumes...either that or Mommy/Baby Fairy costumes!
    (its like having my own baby Barbie doll!)

For fun, we are hoping to get a NC Hags get together at one of the many haunted attractions around the middle of the state (NC Hags, check out the NC social group!! There is a link to all the Halloween attractions available, and we will have a vote!!).

I was going to shave my head, put on a yellow turtleneck, and go as a busted condom.

Halloween 2008

Ok...since we are all death hags....halloween is a fun time of year!

So for this forum, if you could be any dead person for Halloween, who would it be? How would you dress, etc.? Dead or alive in costume?

For example, I would want to be Marilyn Monroe...BUT....a "dead" MM or an "alive" MM? The dead one would be fun!

Thoughts?

Carol

GODDESS6 Guest
    i love halloween my 2nd fav holiday to christmas~ i deck my house out bigtime~ i start decorating in september~ i usually am a stevie nicks type gypsy witch w/ my eyes painted real black~

my son has been jason & michael myers~ this year he wants to be the puppet from saw~

I want to dress as Madeleine from Vertigo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

It might be just me, but haven't I seen this thread somewhere before?

Sphr798 Guest
    I would want to be a dead Joan Crawford. My skin would be sloughing off but my eyebrows would be perfect and my lipstick in place. I think I would carry a wire hanger and drag my leg behind me screaming, "Christina!, Christina!". LOL

Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    It might be just me, but haven't I seen this thread somewhere before?

Possibly...if you have sorry...I was just thinking about the upcoming Halloween holiday and thought it would be fun

redkatrampant Guest
    I started a thread about halloween decorations.

Ridgecrest, CA-Middle of the Mojave Desert
    I'm going as a dead Princess Grace, I'll have a flowy dress, a tiara, some grey looking makeup for my face and a steeringwheel around my neck.

Sphr798 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubican View Post
    I'm going as a dead Princess Grace, I'll have a flowy dress, a tiara, some grey looking makeup for my face and a steeringwheel around my neck.
    That's funny! I have a friend who went as Sonny Bono ~ he wore ski clothing and had branches sticking out everywhere.

mel306 Guest
    I usually let my son pick a costume and then go as his mom. I have been Darth Vadars mom, Big Birds mom, etc. Then one year he went as Eric Cartman and I said hell no! Cartman's mom is a dirty slut!

Quote Originally Posted by mel306 View Post
    I usually let my son pick a costume and then go as his mom. I have been Darth Vadars mom, Big Birds mom, etc. Then one year he went as Eric Cartman and I said hell no! Cartman's mom is a dirty slut!

LMFAO!! That is great!

I am required to go to a serious "costume only" party every year. This year I am going as a Japanese school girl. I will have a supply of soiled panties for sale. Last year I was Alex from A Clockwork Orange. False eyelashes are a bitch! I never really want to go and feel awkward a first since I only see these people once a year but after a few shots I am the social butterfly! I was pissed last year when I left I thought something was wrong with my tire I was plastered and the whole way home there was a tremendously loud pinging and clanging from my left back tire. I dreaded waking up the next day and driving but there was no sound and nothing wrong. I guess a pebble found its way into my tire and was ejected but when you're drunk and geeking everything is loud and ominous!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

lab_rat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphr798 View Post
    That's funny! I have a friend who went as Sonny Bono ~ he wore ski clothing and had branches sticking out everywhere.

Oh that's bad, but oh so good!

AFoolandHisMonkey Guest
    She's not dead, but I'm thinking of going as Julianne Moore in "The Big Lebowski" (in the viking/bowling outfit from the dream sequence). Either that or Marie Antoinette.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I want to dress as Madeleine from Vertigo.
    LOL Morty that does NOT surprise me! How about this, I'll go as Madeleine's alter ego: "Judy Barton, from Salina, Kansas" !! You can be the ravishing beauty--I'll be the slutty counterpart with spit curls and a cheap dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    LOL Morty that does NOT surprise me! How about this, I'll go as Madeleine's alter ego: "Judy Barton, from Salina, Kansas" !! You can be the ravishing beauty--I'll be the slutty counterpart with spit curls and a cheap dress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Morrissey Guest
    I desperately want to be Joan Crawford or Maria Callas. (My idols...)

Last year I was a zombified Marilyn Monroe, and for like 6 years before that I dressed up as Leatherface and jumped out at people with a (fake, I couldn't carry that shit) chainsaw.

can't wait for halloween!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	witch to woman.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	7337  
    pull the string!

redkatrampant Guest
    I tend to always be a Black Cat. The kids from my youngest's school still call me "The Cat Lady"

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I am going to be Wednesday, Oldest son Gomez, and two year old will be Pugsly...I know it's not original but we are gonna look freakin amazing!!!

Wonder how I can pull off going as a mortician?

redkatrampant Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    I am going to be Wednesday, Oldest son Gomez, and two year old will be Pugsly...I know it's not original but we are gonna look freakin amazing!!!
    ohhhhhhhh We were Morticia and Gomez the first year we we married. Getting home was more fun than the party. ahem.

When the Princess was little I was Kanga and she was Roo,
    now she wants to be Zombie bride. I swear I do not KNOW where she gets that from.

I also have NO IDEA who taught her the time warp.

/whistles out of thread........

redkatrampant Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Wonder how I can pull off going as a mortician?
    I think it will be a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by redkatrampant View Post
    I tend to always be a Black Cat. The kids from my youngest's school still call me "The Cat Lady"
    LOL, I tend to be a black cat too. Mostly out of lack of funds to create anything better. At least last year my daughter was my 'kitten' since I couldn't afford much for her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

redkatrampant Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    LOL, I tend to be a black cat too. Mostly out of lack of funds to create anything better. At least last year my daughter was my 'kitten' since I couldn't afford much for her.
    the Hubby says it suits me

hey i might go as Scott Michaels!!! hehehehe (love ya scott kiss kiss, suck up suck up....hmm)
    pull the string!

FannyB1923 Guest
    Hi- Looking for help with a definition!
    I've been searching around for ideas for new Halloween decorations. Not gory, but more like country primitive- like jack o'lanterns with faces, or witches that look like witches, etc.

Running across a word, "ORNIE" I'm sort of gathering it's a style, but it's news to me!

Can anybody define Ornie for me? thanks!

35. 08-21-2008, 06:48 AM
    Reason
    duplicate post

I love, love Halloween! I'm not a big dresser-up (maybe next year when we move and I feel more free to be myself!), but I love decorating. I'm always on the lookout for new decorating and new magazines and book for ideas.

Fanny, I can't help you with "Ornie" (could it be a way to say ornament?), but if you're looking for non-plastic non-cheap looking ornaments, Target usually has some good ones, often done with matte finishes, stamped metal rather than plastic, dried grass and flower type things. Now is a good time to go look, before the rest of the population wakes up and picks over what they have. Another good time to go is on Halloween day and pick up the clearance items, because they'll be trying to cram as much Christmas stuff into their stores by then as they can! Of course, Martha Stewart's magazine usually has a big Halloween section in the October issue every year. I have mine saved from past years. Also, Laura Dover Doran's _The Big Book of Halloween_ has some great folksy crafts of varying degrees of difficulty, a nice layout and some stories and factoids about Halloween mixed in. It's one of my favorites.

I'm a Halloween freak, so I'm always happy to discuss! I start gearing up in July!

FannyB1923 Guest
    I've seen a couple of news profiles of Ray Bradbury and it sounds like he's a bit of a Halloween hag- leaves the decorations up year round, etc. Very nice!

BigBootyJudy Guest
    This year I am going to go as Tippi Hendren in The Birds. I've been looking for a skirt suit set at Thrift Stores but no luck so far, I did find the fake birds with real feathers at Michael's Crafts though. Guess I will keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post
    Hi- Looking for help with a definition!
    I've been searching around for ideas for new Halloween decorations. Not gory, but more like country primitive- like jack o'lanterns with faces, or witches that look like witches, etc.

Running across a word, "ORNIE" I'm sort of gathering it's a style, but it's news to me!

Can anybody define Ornie for me? thanks!

http://ornie.com/
    pull the string!

Guest Guest

Do Mormons celebrate Halloween?

Howdy,
    We just recently moved into a Mormon predominant neighborhood and wonder if they celebrate Halloween. I don't want to go out and spend lots of money on candy and carve a pretty pumpkin if it will be a waste of time. I don't know my neighbors well enough yet to ask them directly, I know some religions can be touchy on the subject. Does anyone here know? Thanks !!!!!!!

hoxharding Guest
    Hm, good question, I don't know. I do know there are people in my town that refuse to acknowledge Halloween because they feel it is an 'evil holiday' and they are not Mormon.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Well my sisters kids all celebrated it and she was a mormon. I don't think the real mormons have anything againt it, maybe the cult mormons do.

crazedfemale Guest
    I found an apologetics website. It's an individual decision to celebrate.

I work with an LDS member, she celebrates Halloween.

Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Halloween, I mean that's an obvious no-no to them. But they don't celebrate birthdays, Christmas, Valentine's Day. They do celebrate wedding anniversaries, I guess Jehovah thinks that OK. (I was raised in it so I can be nasty if I want to...)

One thing Mormons don't do is drink caffeine. Sprite's OK, Diet Coke isn't.

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedfemale View Post
    One thing Mormons don't do is drink caffeine. Sprite's OK, Diet Coke isn't.
    Actually...

Though I'm not completely versed on it, I was told by my bro-in-laws father, who is an elder in the Mormon Church that while on a road trip to some church function, the Bishop of their church went into a convenience store and came out with a Mountain Dew. (HIIGH in caffeine)

My bro-in-laws Dad was a little shocked, as were the other men on the trip and the Bishop just looked at them and said, "What? It doesn't say anywhere that we CAN'T drink caffeine.")

Apparently, it all boils down somehow to the body being a temple, and anything that would harm or alter that temple is highly discouraged, but not forbidden or punishable. Brother-in-law's Dad is, since that day, a long-time fan of Diet Coke.

Danny62 Guest
    Hailing from the mormon capital of the world and living my life around the weirdo's...they do celebrate Halloween!

I♥TinyTim Guest

Halloween Costume Parties

What's YOUR costume going to be this year? I usually don't "do" Halloween, but got sucked into going to a costume party. So I ordered this:

cupcake187 Guest
    I was sort of slutty last year.. so this year I'm doing a pirate bit.. but a dead one.. or something autopsied.. y'know, the whole y cut down the chest with staple looking things..

I'm looking for white contacts or those full on black ones that cover the whole eye.. Halloween is a BIG deal for us around here

I♥TinyTim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcake187 View Post
    I was sort of slutty last year.. so this year I'm doing a pirate bit.. but a dead one.. or something autopsied.. y'know, the whole y cut down the chest with staple looking things..

I'm looking for white contacts or those full on black ones that cover the whole eye.. Halloween is a BIG deal for us around here
    You can try this place: http://www.vampfangs.com They have BOTH contacts you're looking for, and you could get three of these: http://www.halloweenstore.com/Mercha...Category_Code= to make your "y" incision.
    Last edited by I♥TinyTim; 09-14-2008 at 11:15 PM.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    So you are going as Nicole Simpson?

molsonsmells:) Guest
    lol i want to be an astronaut or a mafia girl or strawberry tart girl
    bha

dovescry1999 Guest
    I'm going as a Big ass Titty !