Thread: The Loch Ness Monster

The Loch Ness Monster

What do you think it is? Do you think it could just be a leftover from prehistoric times? Do you think that there is something in there? I do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

onehunglow Guest
    Hell no. Janet Reno likes to vist and swim there. She also swims in Lake Champlain or what ever in New York.
    Last edited by onehunglow; 10-30-2007 at 07:52 AM.

Either some deformed reptile or the shadow of a crooked tree.

attackatdawn Guest
    You know there are so many things that cannot be explained, I think there might be something in that lake also I mean if you ever watch the Discovery channel once in awhile they have programs about the deepest depths of the ocean and show some marine life that we never knew existed. I have watched programs about Nessy and some people claim it is just a legend to get people to talk and bring tourism. Then why do scienetist keep going back there to try and fiqure it out?

Quote Originally Posted by attackatdawn View Post
    You know there are so many things that cannot be explained, I think there might be something in that lake also I mean if you ever watch the Discovery channel once in awhile they have programs about the deepest depths of the ocean and show some marine life that we never knew existed. I have watched programs about Nessy and some people claim it is just a legend to get people to talk and bring tourism. Then why do scienetist keep going back there to try and fiqure it out?
    Big foot was a constantly discussed legend until some guy was like...
    "hey, it was me in the video... there is no Big Foot" I feel like the same thing will happen with the Lochness, if it hasn't already... (I don't keep up on the topic).

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    Either some deformed reptile or the shadow of a crooked tree.
    LOL...have you seen the size of Loch Ness?? It's huge! I remember it being reported many years ago that scientists thought Nessie was prehistoric pine logs Didnt go down well with my scottish family, I can tell you

SuckMyKiss Guest
    There was a picture that was out for years.... this one...

And people believed it was some monstor shit for seriously years.

Until they found out that when the circus came by, they let the elephants go swim in the Loch...and thats the trunk of one.

So no, I don't believe in it. As if something could survive for that long. I mean wtf has it been eating all these years?? It's just a way to get people to go there.

hlh004 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post

Until they found out that when the circus came by, they let the elephants go swim in the Loch...and thats the trunk of one.

So no, I don't believe in it. As if something could survive for that long. I mean wtf has it been eating all these years?? It's just a way to get people to go there.
    That is totally beleiveable....
    Im not sure tho....
    but that does look like a trunk

firegilnotguns Guest
    I really wanted to believe it was real...I've been out on Loch Ness a few times and gone to all the exhibition things in Drumnadrochit (town on the banks of Loch Ness.) I took my parents there in July and my mom was really believing there was a monster, but after doing the exhibition stuff and going out on the boat and such and reading a couple of books about it, even though she really wanted to believe even she had to admit that, in all probability, there isn't a Loch Ness monster. Perhaps there used to be one...still fun to go there, though, and I can definitely understand how people think they see things on the Loch!

ScottyMonger Guest
    Scientists generally agree that there isn't enough biomass in the Loch to support 1 animal as large as "Nessie", let alone a group of them. And, it would take more than 1 "Nessie" to carry the species through the ages.

Harry in Connecticut Guest

That is not an elephant's trunk. It looks like something fake to me, but not a trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyMonger View Post
    Scientists generally agree that there isn't enough biomass in the Loch to support 1 animal as large as "Nessie", let alone a group of them. And, it would take more than 1 "Nessie" to carry the species through the ages.
    But is the Loch connected to any other bodies of water down deep? Has it been totally explored? And how big has anyone decided Nessie is?

We've been to the Loch on vacation. No Nessie sighting. Still, a cool place to visit.

MbalmR Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    Hell no. Janet Reno likes to vist and swim there. She also swims in Lake Champlain or what ever in New York.
    No prehistoric reptile in its right mind would nibble on Janet Reno.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry in Connecticut View Post
    That is not an elephant's trunk. It looks like something fake to me, but not a trunk.

But is the Loch connected to any other bodies of water down deep? Has it been totally explored? And how big has anyone decided Nessie is?

" Monday, 6 March 2006, 15:12 GMT

Elephant theory in Nessie search

[SIZE=2]
    Unexplained Nessie sightings : Elephants swimming

Sightings of the Loch Ness monster have been explained as elephants enjoying a swim, a scientist has said. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Neil Clark, curator of palaeontology at Glasgow University's Hunterian Museum, spent two years researching Nessie. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]He said they more than likely would have been circus elephants, as fairs visiting Inverness would often stop on the banks of Loch Ness to give the animals a rest. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]The trunk and humps in the water would bear similarities to some of the most famous Nessie photographs. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]There have been reported sightings of "something" in Loch Ness dating back to the 6th Century and it has grown into one of the world's most enduring myths. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Hazy photographs and eyewitness accounts have sprung up over the past 100 years, without offering conclusive evidence that Nessie exists. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]
    Dr Clark said most sightings of Nessie could be explained by floating logs or waves. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]But he is promoting the elephant theory because his research showed circuses were a common occurrence in the area, particularly from the early 1930s. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"The circuses used to take the road up to Inverness and allow their animals to have a rest, swim about in the loch and refresh themselves," he said. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"It's quite possible that the people around Loch Ness saw some of these animals. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"When their elephants were allowed to swim in the loch, only the trunk and two humps could be seen - the first hump being the top of the head and the second being the back of the animal."[/SIZE]

ScottyMonger Guest
    Yes, there have been several geophysical surveys of the Loch, utilizing side-scan sonar, as well as biological surveys to determine the prominent species within the Loch as well as the total biomass of the Loch.

What "other" bodies of water are you referring to? The Ocean? This would require that a "Nessie" be capable of living in both fresh water & salt water. And if a "Nessie" had the World's oceans to roam in, why return to a cold Scottish Loch? In fact, the Loch was once connected to the Ocean, and one theory is that"Nessie" was trapped in the Loch after the connection to the Ocean was lost.

Believers hold up the Plesiosaur, a fish eating dinosaur, as a possible candidate for Nessie. Fossil evidence demonstrates that Plesiosaurs can reach lengths of well over 40 feet.
    Last edited by ScottyMonger; 10-31-2007 at 08:01 AM.

Didn't Janet Reno wrestle alligators at one time?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Nik Guest
    I saw a special on... must have been TLC way back in the day. They debunked the bigfoot, alien autopsy and loch ness stuff. The picture that everyone knows to be "of nessie" (not the one you posted, but the far-away one) they said was a toy dino edited into the photo (before the days of digital editing). I remember this because I used to have a similar toy dino when I was younger. Apparently the guy who did that picture 'fessed up.

" Monday, 6 March 2006, 15:12 GMT

Elephant theory in Nessie search

[SIZE=2]Unexplained Nessie sightings : Elephants swimming[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Sightings of the Loch Ness monster have been explained as elephants enjoying a swim, a scientist has said. [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Neil Clark, curator of palaeontology at Glasgow University's Hunterian Museum, spent two years researching Nessie. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]He said they more than likely would have been circus elephants, as fairs visiting Inverness would often stop on the banks of Loch Ness to give the animals a rest. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]The trunk and humps in the water would bear similarities to some of the most famous Nessie photographs. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]There have been reported sightings of "something" in Loch Ness dating back to the 6th Century and it has grown into one of the world's most enduring myths. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Hazy photographs and eyewitness accounts have sprung up over the past 100 years, without offering conclusive evidence that Nessie exists. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Dr Clark said most sightings of Nessie could be explained by floating logs or waves. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]But he is promoting the elephant theory because his research showed circuses were a common occurrence in the area, particularly from the early 1930s. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"The circuses used to take the road up to Inverness and allow their animals to have a rest, swim about in the loch and refresh themselves," he said. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"It's quite possible that the people around Loch Ness saw some of these animals. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"When their elephants were allowed to swim in the loch, only the trunk and two humps could be seen - the first hump being the top of the head and the second being the back of the animal."[/SIZE]
    There may well have been elephants swimming there. I only say that photo does not look like a trunk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyMonger View Post
    Yes, there have been several geophysical surveys of the Loch, utilizing side-scan sonar, as well as biological surveys to determine the prominent species within the Loch as well as the total biomass of the Loch.

What "other" bodies of water are you referring to? The Ocean? This would require that a "Nessie" be capable of living in both fresh water & salt water. And if a "Nessie" had the World's oceans to roam in, why return to a cold Scottish Loch? In fact, the Loch was once connected to the Ocean, and one theory is that"Nessie" was trapped in the Loch after the connection to the Ocean was lost.

Believers hold up the Plesiosaur, a fish eating dinosaur, as a possible candidate for Nessie. Fossil evidence demonstrates that Plesiosaurs can reach lengths of well over 40 feet.
    I was asking about bodies of water. Not refering to any one body.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    There may well have been elephants swimming there. I only say that photo does not look like a trunk to me.

I was asking about bodies of water. Not refering to any one body.
    WOW Who pissed in your cornflakes.

Layla331 Guest
    [SIZE=4]Guy in my area..caught this on game cam..its stirring alotta debate..the big shots are trying to say its a bear with mange..and its not flying lol..its authenticated as a real game cam pic..no funny business..nothing added in later etc..but what it is im not sure..at the bottom of this page is a link to a movie called new york baby..and its a video where you can clearly see something swinging in the tree behind them...dunno..kinda neat to look at no matter what ya believe i guess..im one of those never say never types..so here it is anyhow....HAPPY HALLOWEEN all[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    http://www.bfro.net/avevid/jacobs/jacobs_photos.asp

dirk diggler Guest
    Jimmy Page once owned an old house on Loch Ness called "Boleskine House" which at one time belonged to Aleister Crowley, (Ozzy Osbourne song "Mr Crowley"),wonder if they ever saw anything floatin around out there?

Boleskine House, front.

Front and looking down across Loch Ness.

Boleskine cemetery, facing North, with view of Loch Ness to the left.

Graveyard during a heavy snow. It is said that there is an underground tunnel which runs from the house to the kirkyard. Aleister Crowley may have used it to pull pranks and scare off intruders. A "wizard", one legend claims, used to perform "black magic" on the Boleskine grounds long before the house was erected.
    Last edited by dirk diggler; 11-01-2007 at 05:11 PM. Reason: spelling

ScottyMonger Guest
    There was an interesting show on the History Channel last night on Loch Ness. I think the show is called "Diving for History", and features 2 experienced SCUBA divers who dive on ancient shipwrecks, etc...

They didn't find any new evidence regarding "Nessie", and they seemed to doubt the notion that a large animal could enter and leave the Loch unnoticed, since there are boat locks and/or shallow channels at each end of the Loch.

WOW Who pissed in your cornflakes.
    What do you mean? I don't see where I come off as the least bit angry.

And I assure you, I was not.

Proof That the Loch Ness Monster Exists?

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Google Earth

Jason Cooke spotted "Nessie" while browsing the Google Earth's satellite photos.

This amazing image on Google Earth could be the elusive proof that the Loch Ness Monster exists.
    Sun reader Jason Cooke spotted "Nessie" while browsing the Web site's satellite photos.
    The shape seen on the surface of the 22-mile Scottish loch is 65ft long and appears to have an oval body, a tail and four legs or flippers.
    Some experts believe Nessie may be a Plesiosaur, an extinct marine reptile with a shape like the Google image.
    "This is really intriguing. It needs further study," said researcher Adrian Shine, of the Loch Ness Project.
    Sightings have been claimed for centuries.
    To see the object, enter co-ordinates Latitude 57°12'52.13"N, Longitude 4°34'14.16"W in Google Earth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Forever-27 Guest
    This was discussed on Coast to Coast last night. The google earth pic was scrutenized and magnified. Its a boat with 2 ores and 2 guys in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    This was discussed on Coast to Coast last night. The google earth pic was scrutenized and magnified. Its a boat with 2 ores and 2 guys in it.

Definitely looks like a boat to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Goldy Guest
    Common 'ores or high-class 'ores?? BWAAAAAAHAHAHA! Haha! I kill me!

28. 08-27-2009, 10:54 AM

deathhagcutie Guest
    does anyone watch monster quest??..they did a whole episode on the lochness and never found anything..makes me sad

((Snort)) It does look like a boat now that you mention it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    ((Snort)) It does look like a boat now that you mention it.

Or a big squid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

crazedfemale Guest
    Visited Loch Ness in 1985. I ventured a long and beautiful train ride from Birmingham to Inverness and settled for several days in a great B & B. Made it to Urquhart Castle and went to the museum. I collect souvenir spoons and am most proud of my Nessie spoon. It's a huge body of water and who knows what's down there.

msmojorisin84 Guest
    I don't wanna sound naive or anything, but I think it may be possible. I also believe in ghosts and boogers of the night, too....so, don't listen to me...

*exits the thread,ashamed of herself....*

When I was dating someone who lived in Scotland, I begged them to take me to the place were The Loch Mess Monster lives haha. It would have taken a while to get there so we never went. I do remember chatting to her family that night and half believed it and the others didnt. I believe!

ZoeAnne Guest
    I really want to believe....I don't really want proof, I just kinda want to believe that there are mysteries that we can't solve out there.....

The thing a lot of people think about Scotland is that
    they have monsters down in the lakes and ghosts up
    in the castles.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.