Thread: Chef Tell

Chef Tell

John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RoRo Guest
    I loved to watch him on Regis and Kathy Lee...for those who didn't know who he was...

PHILADELPHIA - Friedman Paul Erhardt, a German-born cook known as “Chef Tell” who was one of America’s pioneering television chefs, has died. He was 63.
    Erhardt died of heart failure on Friday at his home in Upper Black Eddy, about 25 miles east of Allentown, his family said.
    Erhardt’s jolly personality, thick German accent and wit made him a fixture on television shows such as “Regis and Kathie Lee” and comedy skits on “Saturday Night Live.” He was also said to be the inspiration for the Swedish chef on “The Muppet Show.”

Is he the chef that Chef on the Muppet Show was based on? I have absolutely no idea if that's true. Just something I remember hearing once.

He passed away today. Was he the one who signed off by saying, "I see you!" ?

KristinEileen Guest
    Aww that's sad...he was a local hero in Northeast PA

Tyler77 Guest
    I remember his segments on "PM Magazine"--this was in the early 80's, and was hosted by a then unknown Matt Lauer (now on "Today") and Cindy Piccoli.

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    To this day I still say
    "Very simple, very easy"....one of his phrases....I grew up watching him...loved him...could have something to do with why I am a chef now....

deathybrad Guest
    Muppets. Yes.

I remeber Chef Tell. PM Magazine was awful. Each city had its own hosts. Mario Bosquez and Peggy Cokernaut were ours. Mario is a flaming queen and everyone called Peggy "Peggy Coconut". She got attacked by a monkey at The Southwest Research Institute during a segment.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    I remeber Chef Tell. PM Magazine was awful. Each city had its own hosts. Mario Bosquez and Peggy Cokernaut were ours. Mario is a flaming queen and everyone called Peggy "Peggy Coconut". She got attacked by a monkey at The Southwest Research Institute during a segment.

PM Magazine-the fake wooden paneling of tv. I remember Chef Tell also. His segments bored me but I think my mother took notes.

Cadence71 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    She got attacked by a monkey at The Southwest Research Institute during a segment.
    I hate when that happens.