Thread: Snookie Lanson

onehunglow Guest

Snookie Lanson

If you have to ask, it won't mean much.

poppie Guest
    I posted a response once, but it seems to have disappeared. He had a extremely popular radio show, and later on TV. His orchestra played all the current hits, and they were sung by popular vocalists of that time. The last part of his show was always the highlight because after much fuss, the #1 hit of the week was introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    If you have to ask, it won't mean much.
    I think One should get the prize for "Most Cryptic Start of Thread To Date".

What that prize would be, I'm not sure. How about a bundt cake? A year's supply of Turtle Wax?

onehunglow Guest

He was years ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by poppie View Post
    I posted a response once, but it seems to have disappeared. He had a extremely popular radio show, and later on TV. His orchestra played all the current hits, and they were sung by popular vocalists of that time. The last part of his show was always the highlight because after much fuss, the #1 hit of the week was introduced.
    I guess I could have listed Mitch Miller?

poppie Guest
    LOL I know about Mitch Miller, too. He had an extremely popular TV program called SING ALONG WITH MITCH. This program was corny as Lawrence Welk, but many people loved it. Wow, you are bringing back some pleasant memories.

onehunglow Guest

Just follow the bouncing ball

Quote Originally Posted by poppie View Post
    LOL I know about Mitch Miller, too. He had an extremely popular TV program called SING ALONG WITH MITCH. This program was corny as Lawrence Welk, but many people loved it. Wow, you are bringing back some pleasant memories.
    Yep when TV was TV. Sorry to whom ever, but I loved Steve Allen.

i am just old enough to remember lucky strikes Ypur Hit Parade. snooky wound up selling cars,i think.

Steve Allen certainly must have had some good points,evidenced by his troupe of don knotts,louis nye,bill dana,tom poston,and on and on. he put lenny on tv,muhammed ali,and gave many others their first tv exposure.[not to mention his seminal work in covering pro wrestling on the radio,and making names up for the technics as he went along. i have always figured step over toe-hold was one of his.]

mitch miller is still alive,and may be well.he,like steve was a jazz man,brought eartha kitt[for better or worse] to prime time. he ranted against rock and roll,thus stifling capitol records for a while.But,i finished reading a bio of charley parker,and in a photo of a recording session,there stands mitch! who knew miller was yardbirds main man on english horn?
    Last edited by midnitelamp; 10-30-2007 at 07:52 AM. Reason: smok!smok!

poppie Guest
    SMOK! SMOK! How funny - I had not thought of that for years. Or, how about - How's your bird? I too loved Steve Allen and never heard anything bad about him til this Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by midnitelamp View Post

mitch miller is still alive,and may be well.he,like steve was a jazz man,brought eartha kitt[for better or worse] to prime time. he ranted against rock and roll,thus stifling capitol records for a while.But,i finished reading a bio of charley parker,and in a photo of a recording session,there stands mitch! who knew miller was yardbirds main man on english horn?

it was leslie uggams and columbia. my apologies to one and all. certainly nothing wrong with leslie.
    Last edited by midnitelamp; 11-12-2007 at 03:27 PM. Reason: does'nt ANYbody proofread this stuff?

NOVSTORM Guest
    The Hit Parade lol we used to watch it weekly. I remember snooky getting slapped by oneof the female singers ,I can't remember which song it was to but it was funny. Something about a cheater. I loved that show.