Thread: Liza Minnelli

poppie Guest

Liza Minnelli

This woman could go into Actress Category, too.

Biography is showing a two hours of Liza. I have been fortunate to see her perform in person. Liza is a triple threat entertainer - she can sing, dance, and is certainly a fine actress. IMO, she is the most talent female to date.

Would you agree, or who do you think is more talented than Liza?

RubySlippers Guest
    Alive?
    Barbra Streisand (sic)
    Bette Midler

I was not aware Liza had met her maker...

RubySlippers Guest
    she hasn't, silly.

This one is in the wrong category...dead celebs only in this section! Unless she is the "walking dead"??

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    This one is in the wrong category...dead celebs only in this section! Unless she is the "walking dead"??
    hmmm. good point. LOL

maybe Nick should move it...

I like Liza, but I'm crazy about her mother! Man...that was talent!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

RubySlippers Guest
    *bump*
    She speaks...
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29454155/
    There was also a re-broadcast of her weird cameo on SNL last night. she's cute - but crazy as a loon.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    That SNL cameo was indeed bizarre. I do like Liza the person--Liza the performer has seen better days and should probably retire.

I really liked her in Charlie Bubbles, with Albert Finney. She's REALLY young and hasn't yet actually become the Liza we know now.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062792/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    That SNL cameo was indeed bizarre. I do like Liza the person--Liza the performer has seen better days and should probably retire.
    I thought that she was going to be there with the cast for the "Goodnight" but she wasn't.

lisalouver Guest
    She was on the cover of Parade in todays Sunday paper, great article.

I didn't know she never had children because she couldn't, but she wanted them.

GrinReaper Guest
    Is it a fact or just speculation and rumors that the last guy she married (David Gest was it?) was gay?

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    Is it a fact or just speculation and rumors that the last guy she married (David Gest was it?) was gay?
    Good question. I don't really know for sure either.

lisalouver Guest
    I also did not know that one of her ex-husbands was Jack Haley Jr (son of her mothers co-star in the Wizard of Oz)

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    Gay as a Goose! (As a friend of mine used to say.)

TallulahDahling Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by poppie View Post
    This woman could go into Actress Category, too.

Biography is showing a two hours of Liza. I have been fortunate to see her perform in person. Liza is a triple threat entertainer - she can sing, dance, and is certainly a fine actress. IMO, she is the most talent female to date.

Would you agree, or who do you think is more talented than Liza?
    She is one of the last of her generation. The Lizas and Sammy Davis Jr.s and Debbie Reynolds' and Joel Greys are gone.
    Julia Roberts makes 20 mil a flick--FOR WHAT? OK--I digress...just pisses me off--all hair and teeth--WHINNEY!!!

Anywho.....Liza is amazing. I hope she's healing--last I saw she was using a wheelchair after her hip replacement. I could listen to her read the phone book! Her voice is so melodic.