Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Phil Hartman

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup
    What kind of ticks me off, is when you see the opening credits for SNL with Phil, that nameless bitch is actually in them! Unless they have removed that scene since I saw it last (she is sitting at the table with Phil, you only see the back of her head).
    Ugh, tell me about it, I've seen it...The bitch just wanted the fame very badly...she'd get her hands on it in any way she could, hate her, hate her, HATE HER!!!

And I'm not a fan of the picture they used for Phil's "Best Of" DVD...he has his hands on his face AND his wedding ring is prominently shown...they put that DVD together 2 weeks after he died...they should have found a better picture of him.

I loved him on Simpsons, but the "Sinatra Group" was one of my favorite SNL skits. He called Sinead O'Connor "Cue ball".

That was sooo classic, I loved everything he did on SNL...he was just...the best part in every sketch.
    Last edited by DivineDeath; 01-03-2010 at 06:26 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

Quote Originally Posted by motherogod View Post
    Phil was always the best Bill Clinton ever. The "Cops" spoof where they break up a fight between Bill and Hillary... Hillary of course doing the beating. Phil as Bill: "but I love her." Classic stuff.
    That's a great sketch too! I wish they had it on YouTube...or I hope Lorne "Lazy Ass" Michaels can RELEASE the seasons Phil was on...YES Lorne, fans DO want to see those years!

He certainly left a void.
    Yes he did...
    Last edited by DivineDeath; 01-03-2010 at 06:27 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

Hilde_Blue Guest
    His Sinatra was FLAWLESS.

I know this is not going to sound crazy to a lot of you, but I had a dream of Phil a couple of nights ago. It was pretty vivid too! He was wearing a suit, and was standing by my bedside. He said, I'm ok kid! Then just walked towards my bathroom and vanished. I know I woke up pretty quickly after that. Even if wasn't real, it just felt comforting with the thought that he was ok.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When life hands you tequila, make a margarita.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilde_Blue View Post
    His Sinatra was FLAWLESS.
    "I got chunks of guys like you in my STOOL!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Valentino009 View Post
    I know this is not going to sound crazy to a lot of you, but I had a dream of Phil a couple of nights ago. It was pretty vivid too! He was wearing a suit, and was standing by my bedside. He said, I'm ok kid! Then just walked towards my bathroom and vanished. I know I woke up pretty quickly after that. Even if wasn't real, it just felt comforting with the thought that he was ok.
    Wow, that is pretty vivid.

I hope he is okay, but that doesn't mean that we're still okay with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentino009 View Post
    It doesn't sound crazy. I had a similar vivid dream after John Lennon was murdered. I can still remember everything about the dream vividly, right down to exactly what he was wearing.
    I remember everything he said in the dream as well. I never remember dreams and the fact that I have remembered this one for all these years has always struck me as odd.
    I would just accept it as a message and thumbs up from Phil!
    Lennon was definately not at peace in my dream!
    regards,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDeath View Post
    "I got chunks of guys like you in my STOOL!"

That line gets better with time, like a fine wine.
    Cindy

Wow, that is pretty vivid.

I hope he is okay, but that doesn't mean that we're still okay with it.
    Yeah it was pretty vivid, I also failed to mention that in my dream I walked into the bathroom after him, but then I woke up and was kind of freaked to go to the bathroom! Yeah, he may be ok, but like you said, it's hard to accept it. I know I'm still stuck on anger.

It doesn't sound crazy. I had a similar vivid dream after John Lennon was murdered. I can still remember everything about the dream vividly, right down to exactly what he was wearing.
    I remember everything he said in the dream as well. I never remember dreams and the fact that I have remembered this one for all these years has always struck me as odd.
    I would just accept it as a message and thumbs up from Phil!
    Lennon was definately not at peace in my dream!
    I do remember a lot of my dreams, but the ones like this stick with me.
    Oh yes, I did accept it as a thumbs up, as he seemed happy in my dream.
    Kind of bizarre how both of these men were murdered, but we had dreams of them and how different they were. I mean, honestly I hope Phil can be at peace, but sad that Lennon wasn't, at least in yours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When life hands you tequila, make a margarita.

Kimmell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack'sGirl View Post
    One thing that has always bugged me is that I wonder if either one of the kids got up and found dad when mom had left the house.

I sure as hell hope not, I hope they slept through everything.

So sad. I remember it like yesterday.

And Jon Lovitz beat the shit out of Andy Dick over a comment he made about Phil's death. Something about how he was going to put the Hartman curse on Lovitz and he'd be dead too.

Lovitz didn't take to kindly to the comment and beat the Dick up. Rightly so, I say.
    I saw on the tv show, "Entertainment Tonight" where actor Tom Arnold stated that Phil's wife argued and screamed so much at him, that if the children did wake up hearing gun fire, they probably thought their parents were fighting again, her throwing things.

What makes me sick is when Chevy Chase was walking from the funeral of Phil, that annoying Howard Stern asked him, "In the wake of your friend Phil's death, do you know think you will have to hide the guns from your wife?"
    It looked like Chevy was gonna cry.
    Chevy told him it's not funny to be making fun of someone who was brutally murdered.
    But, Howard just burst out laughing.
    (I hate that man!)

sablegsd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmell View Post
    I saw on the tv show, "Entertainment Tonight" where actor Tom Arnold stated that Phil's wife argued and screamed so much at him, that if the children did wake up hearing gun fire, they probably thought their parents were fighting again, her throwing things.

What makes me sick is when Chevy Chase was walking from the funeral of Phil, that annoying Howard Stern asked him, "In the wake of your friend Phil's death, do you know think you will have to hide the guns from your wife?"
    Chevy told him it's not funny to be making fun of someone who was brutally murdered.
    (I hate that man!)
    I can't stand him either. He's ugly from the inside out.
    I would love to see andy dick get the shit kicked out of him. It would be the only time I would ever watch anything with him in it. I would even pay.

PurrPurr Guest
    Howard is an asshole in general. Asking Chevy such a thing was inappropriate and out of line. He wouldn't know class if it slapped his face.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    That line gets better with time, like a fine wine.
    I agree...it never gets old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

I sure hope he gets his star on Canada's Walk Of Fame...and The Hollywood Walk Of Fame as well...it's long overdue and he most certainly deserves it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

Nicki Guest

(I hate that man!)
    He is absolutely discusting. Sad thing is he dooesn't give a shit how discusting he is. People love to watch his show and he keeps on making the bucks. I wish Chevy would have busted him a new one!

Today is 12 years since Phil died, may he rest in peace forever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

LemonPopsicle Guest
    RIP Phil

I hate that she's in the opening like that. A guy I used to work with told me that when they filmed it, she kept turning her head trying to get herself in to the shot and that if I pay close attention her earring is moving from it. Don't know if it's true or not. Wouldn't put her past it.

oh my gosh...twelve years!

i remember his death pretty vividly. it was my last day of school (that was my sophomore year), and when i came home my mom told me phil hartman was dead. i couldn't believe it. we were both huge fans of his on snl and newsradio.

i still get so choked up when i watch that tribute episode of newsradio. never fails to make me cry! i also got choked up while reading "the chris farley show", particularly parts about phil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

(I hate that man!)
    maybe andy dick and howard stern should just be shipped off to an island far far away from everyone else who actually has talent....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

Last edited by Dan33185; 12-21-2010 at 01:01 AM.

Nicki Guest
    Thanks Dan. Often wondered how his kids are doing Bergin is very pretty. I onlly saw a drawing on Seans website. But I think that is him and Bergin with Dana Carveys son Dex Carvey on his facebook.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...?id=1064550299
    If it is....its nice that Dana has kept in touch with Phils chldren.

Sounds like Bergin is doing well. The city where she lived awarded her and another friend from her High School this award:
    Current Press Releases

City thanks volunteers at annual reception
    Edina, Minn., May 15, 2008 --

Birgen Hartman and Emma Weisberg, sophomores at Edina High School, learned about the tragedies occurring in Darfur and were determined to teach others about it, to raise money for assistance there and to take action to prevent and stop genocide. They organized a screening of the Darfur documentary “The Devil Came on Horseback,” contacted the local media to publicize the event and were interviewed on KSTP-TV. More than 300 people saw the film and heard a discussion by state and local officials. As a result, the attendees learned how to advocate with their representatives in Washington for legislation to stop mass atrocities. To raise money for programs to protect women and girls in Darfur from gender-based violence, they sold t-shirts at the High School and organized donation opportunities at the film event -- successfully raising funds that went to the Genocide Intervention Network’s programs in Darfur
    Last edited by Nicki; 08-23-2010 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan33185 View Post
    I don't see much resemblence if him in his daughter, she's pretty though:

http://www.facebook.com/birgena

His son on the other hand definitely looks like him:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=745016634
    Wow, she really is pretty...looks like Sean changed his profile pic though, I can't see him.

But thanks for sharing...I've only seen pics of them a very long time ago, I'm glad that they're doing well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

Last edited by Dan33185; 12-21-2010 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan33185 View Post
    On the right. The smile reminds me of Phil

Awww, he's a cutie.

Is that Dex Carvey on the left?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

Happy 62nd Birthday Phil.

Wish you were still around...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

Seagorath Guest

Guest Guest
    Lol, Susan the Austrian she-male

Colon Blow....everytime a product on TV touts the fibre content, I can't help but think of Phil sitting on that mountain of cereal bowls filled with the "Other" fibre cereals!!!

Pat MaGroin Guest

Phil Hartman's Saturday Night Live Audition

I hope that this hasn't already been posted, but here is Phil's Saturday Night Live Audition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X2hqdOMxyM

And an autographed photo...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PhilHartman.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	319.6 KB 
ID:	29499  

Arrow Bryne

Is there a thread for wife Bryne? (spelling)

Rumor has it, she was the lady on the opening credits of SNL, sitting next to Phil, and just as they were arguing, the cameras were rolling and she turned her head to face him & thats why the earring is moving....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    Is there a thread for wife Bryne? (spelling)

Rumor has it, she was the lady on the opening credits of SNL, sitting next to Phil, and just as they were arguing, the cameras were rolling and she turned her head to face him & thats why the earring is moving....
    Yes, that was his wife in that scene. I watched a bio (I think on E!) about Phil, and she was hoping that her face would be shown, but SNL edited it out so you can only see the back of her head. According to the bio, she was very pissed when she saw her face was never shown.
    Cindy

I see dead people Guest
    I drive by this 3 or 4 times a week, sad what happened there. Phils death house.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	222718_10150156689405771_707850770_7121022_3092327_n.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	31416  

wow! what a beautiful home!! Anyone living there now that you know of????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I see dead people Guest
    No you never see anyone coming or going, but someone does live there., I use to live in the neighborhood when this happened, the drummer from Def Leppard lived two homes down from phil, you use to see kids playing there all the time, they had one of those growing bushes in the shape of a bunny. I had no clue he lived there until the news and police crews showed up that morning.

Oogie Boogie Guest
    He always had such a twinkle in his eye.

newhag81 Guest
    I once read a transcript of an interview with Phil's brother. He said that the kids were being raised by Brynn's sister and Phil's family got to see them. I guess both families managed to get along for the sake of the children.

newhag81 Guest
    Here's a link to the transcript:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...20/lkl.00.html

It's very detailed.

ar1888 Guest

(I hate that man!)
    I you believe that Howard Stern story happened you are the most guliable person on earth. Howard gets blamed fro alot of things he didnt do. I can tell you this is one of them. Give me a link to the video, or audio, or I call Bullsh*t. This is how horrible rumors get started.

Phil was supposed to do the voice of "Zap Branigan" on the animated sitcom Futurama. He died before the show began, and they re-named the character Philip J. Fry in his honor. Also, Billy West, who wound up doing the voice acting, made himself sound like Hartman to honor him.

Phil was not in the credits but he was the voice over for a news man in the movie Ruthless People.. In the beginning & then again near the end. Listen carefully & you will see it is him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by newhag81 View Post
    Here's a link to the transcript:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...20/lkl.00.html

It's very detailed.
    Awesome, thanks for the link. Good ol' Larry King...some of those questions he asks, just...ugh. Asking Phil's brother, could Phil possibly have hit or beaten Brynn, or had an affair?...Too bad Phil couldn't have come back to say, "Listen here, pal. I got chunks of guys like you in my stool!"

I understand that journalism serves a function (and sensational media serves a slice of the population), but I still reserve the right to feel cranky about stuff like that.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Phil was supposed to do the voice of "Zap Branigan" on the animated sitcom Futurama. He died before the show began, and they re-named the character Philip J. Fry in his honor.
    Zap and Fry are two different characters. They did name Fry after Hartman. Brannigan's voice is very close to Hartman's, too. It is still a little odd to hear new episodes with that sound.

aedgar5000 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AliWProk View Post
    Phil was supposed to do the voice of "Zap Branigan" on the animated sitcom Futurama. He died before the show began, and they re-named the character Philip J. Fry in his honor. Also, Billy West, who wound up doing the voice acting, made himself sound like Hartman to honor him.
    That's pretty cool. I didn't know that. Thanks, Ali.

deanfan Guest
    I absolutely cannot stand Andy Dick. His last name suites him well. Such a worthless pos.

I hate Andy Dick too trust me he's nothing to brag about
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

deanfan Guest

MorbidChrissy Guest
    http://happyfatties.blogspot.com/201...influence.html

He wrote a hand-written letter to a fan who sent him a tape. Phil actually listened to the tape and gave him advice. OMG I love him even more and it makes me soooo sad.

DrDeath Guest
    Awwww that was such a cool thing for him to do! Guy must have been decent to hold his attention and to make him want to encourage him like that. I had no idea who he was until I came on this forum, he wasn't a household name per se, but when I read his story it made sense and I could place him. Such a huge talent

babyblujems Guest
    Watching old episodes of NewsRadio, such great comedic timing. And what a handsome man. Such a shame what a megab**ch

Phil Hartman was an awesome person. That link with the guy sending him his tapes is just great. Most celebrities forget they were young and starting out with no money or hopes to succeed at some time, and to give back like that is really a great thing. It shows what a wonderful person he really was.