Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 301 to 331 of 331

Thread: Phil Hartman

  1. #301
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,031
    Good God ! I had no idea they were buried together, the killer and her victim. That's kind of sick.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    13,033
    That has got to give their poor kids mixed feelings when they visit the gravesite.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    FOREVER 25 BITCHES!!!
    Posts
    6,160
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    Wow, I share a birth date (not year) with *****.
    Sorry to manipulate your post, I astericked her name...I don't even want to look at it.

    I still remember this happening - I was 11 and a big fan of his from SNL and "House guest"
    I was 11 too...so I guess we're both 27!


    Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13
    So I was rereading this thread and Googled Brynns name because I couldn't remember anything about her except "tall blonde" and this could be an autopsy photo. Not super gory but cleaned up face close up. Looks like her but I'm not positive. Warning: death pic:

    http://ravepad.com/page/phil-hartman...d-images-Pic-2

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,031
    That's Abigail Folger,one of the Manson Family victims from 1969.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gulf coast of FL
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    That's Abigail Folger,one of the Manson Family victims from 1969.
    Most definitely Abigail Folger.

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,149
    new book on his life and death. brynn was nuts.

    http://nypost.com/2014/09/06/inside-...-phil-hartman/

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    13,033
    The fact that Phil died at a fairly young age and not by choice makes his death something that still pisses me off. Bill McNeal was an inspiration to me when I was still a union airline employee.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,031
    Interesting from what I read, did he not realize that she was a mess ? Maybe all the pot put him in another zone where he didn't have to deal with her. Personally, her jealous nature and other antics wold have scared the shit out of me ! Bye Brynn, see ya !

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    13,033
    It's not only women that marry someone thinking they can help change them to a better person.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,415
    I thought their ashes were scattered together in the waters by the Catalina Islands? Maybe that gravestone is just a "marker" for friends & family to visit?

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,031
    Or in some cases "use" them, that can and does happen either way. Paul Snider and Dorothy Stratten comes to mind.

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,149
    Just read:

    You Might Remember Me: The Life and Times of Phil Hartman by Mike Thomas


    The book details Phil's early days in Canada his family's move to California in 1958. The family was poor, his father drank too much and his mother held the family of 10 together ( Phil's mentally challenged sister was left behind in Canada)

    Phil was a talented guy and possessed both artistic and athletic abilities. He engaged in surfing/sailing/scuba diving/flying/ skiing. He worked as an graphic artist and writer throughout the 1970's and early 1980's. He joined SNL in 1986 at the age of 38 which was a bit old but immediately became a mentor to many of the younger cast members.

    Phil had two failed marriages - early 70s and early 80s. He meets Vicki Jo Omdahl ( Brynn Hartman) in 1986 and marries her 1987. Two kids follow born 1988 and 1992.

    The marriage is troubled from the beginning. Phil wants a trophy wife and ends up with a crazy alcoholic and drug addict. Check out this video from 1992 - Phil and Brynn with Howard Stern. Brynn comes on at 17:00. Uncomfortable.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wW15PJgXC8

    May 27/28, 1998 - the book does a great job on the last hours of Phil and Brynn. Why did Brynn kill her husband and herself ??? There is much speculation in the book. Was Phil about to trade her in for a younger woman ??? Was Phil gay ??? I would suspect Phil had enough of Brynn and her demands for a career and her addictions. He just all came to a head on that night. Brynn wasn't going to be satisfied with a sizeable settlement and divorce - she wasn't going to be ignored.

    The author interviewed numerous friends and family members - none of them thought Brynn was capable of murder/suicide. They also say Brynn was a great mother ????

    Some tidbits:

    Phil went to junior high with Squeaky Fromme
    Jon Lovitz was a good friend to Phil
    Andy Dick snorted cocaine with Brynn on Dec 31/1997. Five months before the murder/suicide
    Jon Lovitz hates Andy Dick
    Brynn hated Phil's dope smoking
    Phil was considered for the Price is Right announcer's job
    Phil was also considered for the job of Jay Leno's sidekick
    Phil was a gun collector. Brynn owned two guns which she utilized on that fateful night

    Great description of Phil's memorial service and the tension between the two families.
    No mention of what became of Phil's two kids. This is Phil's daughter's facebook

    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0111762&type=1
    Last edited by cash; 10-25-2014 at 07:45 PM.

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Just read:

    You Might Remember Me: The Life and Times of Phil Hartman by Mike Thomas


    The book details Phil's early days in Canada his family's move to California in 1958. The family was poor, his father drank too much and his mother held the family of 10 together ( Phil's mentally challenged sister was left behind in Canada)

    Phil was a talented guy and possessed both artistic and athletic abilities. He engaged in surfing/sailing/scuba diving/flying/ skiing. He worked as an graphic artist and writer throughout the 1970's and early 1980's. He joined SNL in 1986 at the age of 38 which was a bit old but immediately became a mentor to many of the younger cast members.

    Phil had two failed marriages - early 70s and early 80s. He meets Vicki Jo Omdahl ( Brynn Hartman) in 1986 and marries her 1987. Two kids follow born 1988 and 1992.

    The marriage is troubled from the beginning. Phil wants a trophy wife and ends up with a crazy alcoholic and drug addict. Check out this video from 1992 - Phil and Brynn with Howard Stern. Brynn comes on at 17:00. Uncomfortable.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wW15PJgXC8

    May 27/28, 1998 - the book does a great job on the last hours of Phil and Brynn. Why did Brynn kill her husband and herself ??? There is much speculation in the book. Was Phil about to trade her in for a younger woman ??? Was Phil gay ??? I would suspect Phil had enough of Brynn and her demands for a career and her addictions. He just all came to a head on that night. Brynn wasn't going to be satisfied with a sizeable settlement and divorce - she wasn't going to be ignored.

    The author interviewed numerous friends and family members - none of them thought Brynn was capable of murder/suicide. They also say Brynn was a great mother ????

    Some tidbits:

    Phil went to junior high with Squeaky Fromme
    Jon Lovitz was a good friend to Phil
    Andy Dick snorted cocaine with Brynn on Dec 31/1997. Five months before the murder/suicide
    Jon Lovitz hates Andy Dick
    Brynn hated Phil's dope smoking
    Phil was considered for the Price is Right announcer's job
    Phil was also considered for the job of Jay Leno's sidekick
    Phil was a gun collector. Brynn owned two guns which she utilized on that fateful night

    Great description of Phil's memorial service and the tension between the two families.
    No mention of what became of Phil's two kids. This is Phil's daughter's facebook

    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0111762&type=1
    WOW...that Howard Stern interview is freaky. Especially when Howard says to Phil "this is the woman you'll spend eternity with." A Death Hag's dream!

    I just started reading the Mike Thomas bio...so far, a very interesting read. I was a big SNL fan during the Phil Hartman/Jan Hooks era and look forward to reading about the behind-the-scenes stuff that went on. Everyone seemed to think very highly of Phil. So sad he's gone.

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1
    I'm a little behind but here's Birgen's LinkedIn.

    https://www.linkedin.com/pub/birgen-hartman/91/522/0

  16. #316
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where East meets West
    Posts
    1,807
    Quote Originally Posted by poncholefty1 View Post
    I'm a little behind but here's Birgen's LinkedIn.

    https://www.linkedin.com/pub/birgen-hartman/91/522/0
    Let's hope she continues to do well for herself, she certainly seems to have come out ahead of this horrible tragedy.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

  17. #317
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    70
    Great post, I find a such a shame that she didn't leave Phil and marry Howard Stern.

  18. #318
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    13,033
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt View Post
    Great post, I find a such a shame that she didn't leave Phil and marry Howard Stern.
    ^^like^^ That made me choke laughing.
    Some days, you get the Bear, other days the Bear gets you.

  19. #319
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5
    One day, I was at a small beach on the North side of Chicago. A man, surrounded by 4 people walked up to the rocks. He was covered with a towel over his head. After 20 minutes they left. As they were leaving one of the members of his group walked to my friends and I. She said, please say congratulations to Andy Dick. He's been dober for 120 days. We all congratulated him, and he walked away.

    This was summer 2008.

  20. #320
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's pronouced Fee-Shed.
    Posts
    957
    Watching classic SNL all this weekend. A whole lot of episodes with Phil. A few hours ago I started crying while watching him. I still miss the guy so much.

    He was the best freaking comedian SNL ever had. Like alot of his castmates said. He was "The Glue" that kept everyone together. Such a wonderful dude who should still be alive. Just a tragic ending to a wonderful life.

    Finally noticed his bitch of a wife in the opening. Didn't really catch that until now because they don't seem to air these episodes much. And, I haven't really seen them since I was a kid until now.
    Last edited by Dr. Fishhead; 02-08-2015 at 05:25 AM.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone


    Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

    Only the good die young....

  21. #321
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Middle of the road
    Posts
    1,721
    Birgen attended the SNL 40 Anniversary Special.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6697852.html
    Morgan

  22. #322
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,208
    She's so pretty. I'm glad she got to go. I loved the show but wish they had shown more complete sketches. So good to see Chris Farley in action too.


  23. #323
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    394

  24. #324
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Narnia apparently
    Posts
    17
    There aren't a lot of celebrities that have passed in my lifetime that I can say I really miss. Out of those few Phil is one of them.
    Loved him on SNL, the Simpsons, and NewsRadio.

    Can't wait to see what the biopic will be like. I know Daren Norris from his voice acting stuff. Will have to check out some of his film/tv stuff as well.

  25. #325
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    95
    Birgen posted on her instagram that she has been drug-free for 4 years now...https://www.instagram.com/p/BB0PcfND-GO/
    I'm happy for her and she looks so beautiful..she has been engaged and she will be wearing her mom's wedding band..
    https://www.instagram.com/p/1tylzlj-Oz/

    can't find any updated info about her brother though..

  26. #326
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Fishhead View Post
    Watching classic SNL all this weekend. A whole lot of episodes with Phil. A few hours ago I started crying while watching him. I still miss the guy so much.

    He was the best freaking comedian SNL ever had. Like alot of his castmates said. He was "The Glue" that kept everyone together. Such a wonderful dude who should still be alive. Just a tragic ending to a wonderful life.

    Finally noticed his bitch of a wife in the opening. Didn't really catch that until now because they don't seem to air these episodes much. And, I haven't really seen them since I was a kid until now.

    Apparently what I heard what they were arguing about her credits or his credits- she wanted to be facing the camera & she turned her head just in time. Hence the earrings.....
    <a href=http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg target=_blank>http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg</a>

  27. #327
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    shes only .....what 20-something. Thats shocking to hear actually...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    Apparently what I heard what they were arguing about her credits or his credits- she wanted to be facing the camera & she turned her head just in time. Hence the earrings.....
    Please combine these.

  28. #328
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    95
    Birgen talking about her father: ' as another father's day comes to an end, I remind myself that no matter what, I'm very fortunate to have had a number of great father figures in my life... but this dapper dude will always have my heart... I miss him dearly'
    Posted on her Instagram account .
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BG2-9KXj-PV/

  29. #329
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    321
    Such a tragic loss, especially for the children.

  30. #330
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Middle of the road
    Posts
    1,721

  31. #331
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    2,509
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Hard to believe it’s been that long. The photo in this article shows (I believe) only 2 now-deceased SNL actors, who happen to be goofing off together in the shot: Phil, and Chris Farley.

    The whole damn skit is a riot, but here’s 8 seconds of Phil losing it while Chris exaggerates a caricatured Hank Williams Jr.:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgRt...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by cindyt; 05-29-2018 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Fixed Link
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •