Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Hartman

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SistaSara View Post
    It was 10 years ago today that Phil Hartman was killed by his wife, Brynn.

**moment of silence**
    Wow.

As far as Andy Dick--he is a big mess but no one can MAKE another person use drugs. Geez, Andy Dick should make you not want to use drugs.

Mind you, if you are a recreational user and Andy comes up and offers you a toot, I think I would take a pass. Bad juju.

RIP Mr. Hartman
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Guest Guest
    wow 10 years already it does seem like it just happened

I loved the guy and remember being in such shock when this happened...the fact his wife is the one who did it and remembering the footage of the children being ushered from the home...so sad

NOVSTORM Guest
    Well at lest she didn't kill the kids, guess we should be thankful for that. She like OJ had no thought of the children and left them in that hosue alone with their dead dad.
    I know zoloft is still on the market and I think it was just BS they were trying to make her not responsible for killing him "damage control".
    What was wrong with the family letting them spread her ashes with his. I would be haunting them for that.

Morto Guest
    A great talent that gave us so many laughs in his short career.RIP Phil

NewYorkDoll Guest
    The ID Channel is doing a docu on the murder suicide. Unsolved History.

http://investigation.discovery.com/i...n/hartman.html

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    Well at lest she didn't kill the kids, guess we should be thankful for that. She like OJ had no thought of the children and left them in that hosue alone with their dead dad.
    I know zoloft is still on the market and I think it was just BS they were trying to make her not responsible for killing him "damage control".
    What was wrong with the family letting them spread her ashes with his. I would be haunting them for that.
    It does feel a little bit like OJ. The kids are peacefully sleeping, but have no idea that their parents are being slaughtered.

By the way, it wasn't like the Zoloft took the gun and killed Phil. You can't blame only the drugs, you know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

sunshine74137 Guest
    And she creates a next generation of antidepressant users, because there is no way these children are not scarred, why do people pay their own pain foreward?

Snoopy Guest
    So true Sunshine! and I also agree that Zoloft or any other antidepressant doesn't pull the trigger.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    I think the kids went to a family member-does anyone know what happened to them? they must be close to being grown by now.

SistaSara Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    I think the kids went to a family member-does anyone know what happened to them? they must be close to being grown by now.
    Brynn's sister, Katharine Wright, and her husband, Mike, who have no children of their own, are raising the Hartman children in Edina, Minnesota.[5] As guardians of Sean and Birgen, the pair were awarded $50,000 per Phil Hartman's will.[5] In May 2000, the Hartman children were awarded more than $10,000 each in a wrongful death suit.[citation needed] Hartman's will stipulated that each child will receive a third of their inheritance when they reach age 25, or obtain a bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited university. They get half their inheritance when they turn thirty, and the remainder of Hartman's assets when they turn 35.[5] The total amount of Hartman's estate was estimated at $1.23 million.[5]

and after a little googling I found his son's myspace: http://www.myspace.com/metamorphismexico

Mayor’s Youth Commendation - Birgen Hartman & Emma Weisberg
    Awarded to a young person who has demonstrated a commitment to improving the quality of life in the community. Birgen Hartman and Emma Weisberg, sophomores at Edina High School, learned about the tragedies occurring in Darfur and were determined to teach others about it, to raise money for assistance there and to take action to prevent and stop genocide. They organized a screening of the Darfur documentary “The Devil Came on Horseback,” contacted the local media to publicize the event and were interviewed on KSTP-TV. More than 300 people saw the film and heard a discussion by state and local officials. As a result, the attendees learned how to advocate with their representatives in Washington for legislation to stop mass atrocities. To raise money for programs to protect women and girls in Darfur from gender-based violence, they sold t-shirts at the High School and organized donation opportunities at the film event -- successfully raising funds that went to the Genocide Intervention Network’s programs in Darfur.
    Last edited by SistaSara; 05-30-2008 at 08:11 PM.

Jack Raines Guest
    A few years after the murders (around early 2001), Inside Edition did a feature on the man who bought Hartman's house. He had the inside mostly re-modeled, and said it didn't bother him at all that someone had been murdered there, as he wasn't a superstitious person. I think he turned the kids room into an office. I wish I had taped that, because now I'd put it on Youtube.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Thanks for the sleuthing SistaSara.

They sound/seem like great kids.

Overtaxed Guest
    This one still bothers me when I think about it.

Looking for Talk Soup Greg Kinnear/Phil Hartman Clip

It is damn funny. The one in which an 'angry' Phil Hartman shows up at the Talk Soup Office to confront Greg Kinnear and gives a royal ass-whuppin to Kinnear.
    Can anyone find and post this.

ceege Guest
    I remember that and it was funny. Maybe it's somewhere on youtube.

I have scoured for it on the net.
    The only place I can find it is on a 'best of talk soup' but you have to buy it.
    Anyone out there who has it...can you post it?
    Funniest clip I have seen.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I couldn't find it either. Doesn't anyone own the dvd??

i just have to say that i LOVE greg kinnear... loved him on the soup.

"I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxojessicaxoxo View Post
    i just have to say that i LOVE greg kinnear... loved him on the soup.

I was more of a Skunk Boy girl. But then I was a Hal's Angel. Haha that was so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I was more of a Skunk Boy girl. But then I was a Hal's Angel. Haha that was so much fun.

i loved him too! he was probably the funniest.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

LaynesGirl Guest
    His wife was addicted to cocaine and was drinking and taking many perscriptive anti depressants at the time this happened. I only say this because people have said that he wasn't a very good husband and that is BESIDES the point.
    What she did cannot be justified by a lack of spousal support on his part.

I see him now and I STILL cannot wrap my head around the fact that he is gone, its like he is still here when you see and hear him. I REALLY miss this man.

On E! they had the 100 most memorable, or something to that effect, skits of SNL. The one where its Phil's last episode, and him and Chris Farley are sitting together, phil is singing to him. It made me ball. Two great, funny men, gone way too soon.

LaynesGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleRain View Post
    On E! they had the 100 most memorable, or something to that effect, skits of SNL. The one where its Phil's last episode, and him and Chris Farley are sitting together, phil is singing to him. It made me ball. Two great, funny men, gone way too soon.
    OH I just saw that not so long ago... I cried so hard! Then Jay Mohr was talking about that and he said w/ tears in his eyes... "I got to be on the show, when that was filmed...I got to be apart of that moment and how great is that?" WOW ...yeah that is so cool how u mentioned that cuz I was just thinking about it, "Phil with his arm around Chris on Phil's last SNL show...and he is singing.."Goooodbye." OMG Someone please pass the tissues.

Quote Originally Posted by SistaSara View Post
    Brynn's sister, Katharine Wright, and her husband, Mike, who have no children of their own, are raising the Hartman children in Edina, Minnesota.[5]

Mayorâ??s Youth Commendation - Birgen Hartman & Emma Weisberg
    Awarded to a young person who has demonstrated a commitment to improving the quality of life in the community. Birgen Hartman and Emma Weisberg, sophomores at Edina High School, learned about the tragedies occurring in Darfur and were determined to teach others about it, to raise money for assistance there and to take action to prevent and stop genocide. They organized a screening of the Darfur documentary â??The Devil Came on Horseback,â? contacted the local media to publicize the event and were interviewed on KSTP-TV. More than 300 people saw the film and heard a discussion by state and local officials. As a result, the attendees learned how to advocate with their representatives in Washington for legislation to stop mass atrocities. To raise money for programs to protect women and girls in Darfur from gender-based violence, they sold t-shirts at the High School and organized donation opportunities at the film event -- successfully raising funds that went to the Genocide Intervention Networkâ??s programs in Darfur.
    It sounds like Birgen is turning out well! Being raised in Minn. instead of Hollywierd is probably the best thing for those kids.

LaynesGirl Guest
    Oh so good to hear! I really hope those kids can find a quality of life that they could NEVER have found anywhere close to Hollywood. They were so small and endured such a HUGE tragedy. I really hope they are provided a whole new life, with nothing but positive surroundings and loving people.

Wow...he was only worth $1.23 mil? That seems low to me....

True that

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    And she creates a next generation of antidepressant users, because there is no way these children are not scarred, why do people pay their own pain foreward?

Ah so true! So true!
    I cried for shoes .... til I met a man with no feet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Is it too late to dig that bitch up and kick her ass...

Roflmao

Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    Is it too late to dig that bitch up and kick her ass...
    I shouldn't laugh at this but I can't help it. The image...... I can't get it out of my head!
    I cried for shoes .... til I met a man with no feet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bumpin' this thread in honor of the 11 year anniversary of Phil's untimely murder.

RIP, Phil.

Burn in hell, lady.

Outlier Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chirock View Post
    Bumpin' this thread in honor of the 11 year anniversary of Phil's untimely murder.

RIP, Phil.

Burn in hell, lady.
    Amen to that. Still hurts after all these years.

Gosh doesn't seem like 11 years ago.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

My...I didn't realized that it's been this long. I just hope his kids are OK.
    It's hard to ride at night...on your bicycle with no lights to guide...just take a chance and ride. Olson and Louris

Long Gone Day Guest
    No, it doesn't seem like 11 years. I thought he was great in everything he did and I was so shocked when this happened. I hope the kids are alright, too. Miss you much, Phil.

Nicki Guest
    I guess Sean would be about 20 years old now.....he was 9 years old when the murder-suicide happen and Birgen was 6 years old so she would be about 17 years of age. Wow....time sure does fly by fast.

hotmama Guest
    i loved him on newsradio. he was funny as hell. his character was into rap music. i thought that was so funny. when he finally realized what the lyrics were he was shocked. but once he had that interview with chuck d from puiblic enemy about the explicit lyrics, he changed his tune when he saw it was the real chuck d. i loved that...

MissJames Guest
    shouldn't this be in the actor/ actresses thread?.....

on a Phil note... we were watching Toy Soldiers with my cousin's and they didn't know he had passed

RIP Phil

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Wow...he was only worth $1.23 mil? That seems low to me....
    Coke is expensive!
    Regards,
    Mary

Nerak Guest
    tragic senseless death
    RIP Mr Hartman

On whatever tabloid-y E! show that featured Phil's murder, it simply said that he was basically closed down when Brynn started acting like a bitch on wheels (which was, evidently, quite a bit). That's why he just went to sleep that night. I don't think he was a bad or unsupportive husband, but I think like a lot of men, he was passive agressive which can be really infuriating to someone who is volatile as all hell and wants drama all the time.

I personally never understood the whole scattering their ashes together either. I thought I was the only one who thought that was weird. I guess whoever decided that figured that one act shouldn't overshadown the entire marriage? I don't know...I wouldn't have chose it, but I didn't know 'em.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmama View Post
    i loved him on newsradio. he was funny as hell. his character was into rap music. i thought that was so funny. when he finally realized what the lyrics were he was shocked. but once he had that interview with chuck d from puiblic enemy about the explicit lyrics, he changed his tune when he saw it was the real chuck d. i loved that...
    LOL Was that the one when he kept talking crazy & Catherine was egging him on? He did that cola commercial "crizzappa!" I use that word all the time.

michellezearing Guest
    It seems amazing to me that it's been ELEVEN years! Shocking!

gemini33 Guest
    I can't believe it's been 11 years also. Seems like yesteday I saw CNN showing the body bags of Phil and his wife being transported from the house. Whatever happen to the children?

DexterKitty Guest
    Wow...11 years? It seems like it was yesterday. I wish Brin would have taken herself out but not Phil. What a crazy messed up bitch. He may not have been a wonderful husband but, I bet he spoiled her rotten and was a good father to their children.
    RIP.. Phil
    RIH....Brin

erictheking97 Guest
    Please excuse my ignorance, but is it the norm for nearly every american celebrity to have a bloody Gun in their home, or does this just include everyone!

DexterKitty Guest
    I don't know about celebrities but I loooove my gun collection.

Fancynancy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    He also designed the cover for Poco's "Legend" album. The one with the horse on it.

And the one for America's Greatest Hits. I looked on it after I heard that, and at the time I think he was spelling Hartman with two "n's".

Jack'sGirl Guest
    One thing that has always bugged me is that I wonder if either one of the kids got up and found dad when mom had left the house.

I sure as hell hope not, I hope they slept through everything.

So sad. I remember it like yesterday.

And Jon Lovitz beat the shit out of Andy Dick over a comment he made about Phil's death. Something about how he was going to put the Hartman curse on Lovitz and he'd be dead too.

Lovitz didn't take to kindly to the comment and beat the Dick up. Rightly so, I say.

RubySlippers Guest
    didn't she lock the door behind her? i always thought is crazy that her friend let her run back across the street. i woulda been sitting on her.