Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Hartman

RubySlippers Guest

Phil Hartman

So - Phil was one of my favorites. He was one of those actors that really upset me when I found out he was dead. What a loss...but according to his THS, he wasn't very good as a husband. I wonder where his kids are and how they are doing. I loved him as Cpt. Carl...the ADULT version.
    Thoughts?

Daphne Guest
    Hey Ruby, there are other forums regarding Phil Hartman, and my replies are posted on those

guyinpto Guest
    very tragic...

I heard he wanted to give off the impression that he was a family man and therefor didn't want to divorce his wife.

Makes me so sad whenever his name comes up. What a horrible waste of talent. I really feel for those kids. I don't know if you can ever get over something like that.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Kathyf Guest
    Terrible,I felt so bad when I heard about him. Taken way too soon.

prettypixie1986 Guest
    Its such a shame that bad things happen to good people....and for those kids to lose both of their parents is just awful....exspecially at the hands of their mother

Maruz83 Guest
    This is was sooo depressing, I love hearing his voice on the Simpsons

I see dead people Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruz83 View Post
    This is was sooo depressing, I love hearing his voice on the Simpsons
    Troy McClure was so freaking funny!

I was living in that neighborhood the night that happened, I use to see the kids outside playing, it was hard to drive by the place after that happened. They really havn't changed the house that much, I don't think I could live there knowing what happened inside. Kinda creepy.

hoxharding Guest
    What gets me is his wife went to a friend and the guy didn't dial 911 until the next day or something.
    Then wasn't his wife allowed to be alone in the house which resulted her in her suicide?
    I don't understand any of that.

Kugmu Guest
    Any of you know the Crosby, Still & Nash logo where the C-S-N are all on top of each other?
    Phil Hartman designed that!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kugmu View Post
    Any of you know the Crosby, Still & Nash logo where the C-S-N are all on top of each other?
    I never knew that Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kugmu View Post
    He also designed the cover for Poco's "Legend" album. The one with the horse on it.

Noelle Page Guest
    Gosh, couldnt Brynn have just enjoyed being a rich Hollywood wife?

Doug81506 Guest
    The house Phil Hartman lived in was designed by Robert Byrd as was the infamous Tate house on Cielo Drive. Byrd designed a house in Laurel Canyon that Charles Manson visited numerous times. The houses of Robert Byrd always had such a comfortable, country feel to them; it's amazing how many of them were involved in Hollywood violence. As a side note, the house of Paul Henning ("Beverly Hillbillies" producer) in Tolouca Lake was a Byrd House. Sharron Tate's early career included minor roles on the "Beverly Hillbillies", and I seem to recall Sharron knew Henning's daughter, so she probably visited that house. Maybe there should be a warning on "Byrd" houses that they could be dangerous to your health.

malaki Guest
    His death was one of those deaths where it's hard to beleive it's true, I liked him in Jingle all the way, great holiday movie!!!!!........

Nayzo Guest
    It's been nearly ten years and I still miss this man terribly. I remember when I used to babysit, I'd watch him on SNL. He was a regular on one of my favorite shows; The Simpsons. For a few years, at Christmastime, he'd "host" The Grinch. But I think I loved him best as Bill MacNeil on News Radio. The episode they made to deal with Phil's death still makes me cry my eyes out. He truly was an amazing talent.
    This was one of the very rare occasions that a celebrity death made me angry. It still does. Okay, I didn't know Brynn, so I am in no position to make an "educated judgment," but I still don't care. Sorry, but what a flipping bitch. Phil had no chance to defend his life. Had he been awake, he may have been able to talk her down, he could have run, he would have had a chance. Just so unfortunate.

karaoke Guest
    Are there no Phil Hartman death pics out there?

tuesdays_jupiter Guest
    wonderful comedian, taken too soon

Kareika Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug81506 View Post
    The house Phil Hartman lived in was designed by Robert Byrd as was the infamous Tate house on Cielo Drive. Byrd designed a house in Laurel Canyon that Charles Manson visited numerous times. The houses of Robert Byrd always had such a comfortable, country feel to them; it's amazing how many of them were involved in Hollywood violence. As a side note, the house of Paul Henning ("Beverly Hillbillies" producer) in Tolouca Lake was a Byrd House. Sharron Tate's early career included minor roles on the "Beverly Hillbillies", and I seem to recall Sharron knew Henning's daughter, so she probably visited that house. Maybe there should be a warning on "Byrd" houses that they could be dangerous to your health.

I never knew this. Cool and creepy all at the same time.
    I love that style of house.

Do you think everyone blames andy dick for the murder?

Lovitz and Dick have been at loggerheads since a 1997 Christmas party at Hartman’s house, five months before his troubled wife Brynn flipped out, fatally shooting Hartman, then killing herself. “Andy was doing cocaine, and he gave Brynn some after she had been sober for 10 years. Phil was furious about it - and then five months later he’s dead,” said Lovitz, adding that when he filled in on Hartman’s “Newsradio” sitcom, “I told Andy, ‘I wouldn’t be here now if you hadn’t given Brynn that cocaine.’ ”

SuburbanDeathHag Guest
    After shooting your husband in the head while he's sleeping, the protocol is to claim he was into kinky sex, and was a disgusting pervert. Good riddance to him, and the ever-suffering wife will spend not much time in the slammer. Brynn should have thought this through before tragically taking her own life.

I see dead people Guest
    She should of blamed the one armed drummer for Def Leppard, he lived two doors down at the time!

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I thought he was a very gifted comedian and I loved his work.
    The wife was hot and struck me as one hell of a lay when she wasn't nuts, so that goes a long way in keeping a marriage together.

Reecy Guest
    Phil Hartman's death always makes me want to cry. Especially when I see Jingle all the way. I loved his voice.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Reecy View Post
    Phil Hartman's death always makes me want to cry. Especially when I see Jingle all the way. I loved his voice.
    Aw I know I love that movie. He is so funny in everything.

It didn't happen that way

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    What gets me is his wife went to a friend and the guy didn't dial 911 until the next day or something.
    Then wasn't his wife allowed to be alone in the house which resulted her in her suicide?
    I don't understand any of that.
    On May 28, 1998, Hartman was murdered by his wife Brynn Hartman in his Encino, Los Angeles County, California home. He was 49 years old. While he slept, Brynn entered his bedroom with a revolver and fatally shot him multiple times in and around the mouth. Brynn was intoxicated at the time. She subsequently drove to the home of her friend Ron Douglas and, after confessing to the murder, fainted. After she regained consciousness, the pair drove back to Hartman's house in separate cars, where Douglas saw Hartman's body. Douglas then phoned emergency services and admitted to the call operator that he initially did not believe Brynn's story until he had seen Phil's body. On arrival, the police attempted to remove the Hartmans' two young children and Douglas from the premises. While this was happening, Brynn entered the bedroom and committed suicide by shooting herself once through the temple. At the time, an unnamed neighbor of the Hartman's told a CNN reporter that the couple had been experiencing marital problems: "It's been building, but I didn't think it would lead to this." However, Steve Guttenberg commented that the pair were "a very happy couple, and they always had the appearance of being well-balanced." Phil Hartman directed in his will that his body be cremated, and his ashes were scattered over Santa Catalina Island's Emerald Bay.
    I cried for shoes .... til I met a man with no feet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Flowergrrl Guest
    He was one of my favorites. I couldn't believe it when I heard he had been murdered. What a bitch, she left her kids without any parent... If she had it so bad she should have just killed herself.

Steve Guest
    Didn't they blame her condition on the side affects of a drug she was taking? They said it made people psychotic or something.

Edit: According to the almighty Google, Brynn Hartman combined cocaine, alcohol, and Zoloft, a drug created to treat clinical depression. Some believe that this combination pushed her over the edge and she went crazy.
    Last edited by Steve; 04-18-2008 at 06:00 PM.

**Jenna** Guest
    I didn't watch him on SNL, but I did watch Newsradio and Loved Jingle all the way. He was so funny,and handsome. And yeah did have a nice voice. I was shocked when I heard he had died.

VSA Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Didn't they blame her condition on the side affects of a drug she was taking? They said it made people psychotic or something.
    Yes, it was the Zoloft in question not that the combo helped any. I loved Phil Hartman-especially Troy McClure and Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by VSA View Post
    Yes, it was the Zoloft in question not that the combo helped any. I loved Phil Hartman-especially Troy McClure and Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.
    "I'm just a simple caveman...

When I'm driving down the freeway in my BWM and I hear a voice come on the radio..."

Welcome to the board, VSA!

I also liked Tarzan, Tonto and Frankenstein.

lisalouver Guest
    Brynn the nutbar was from my home state and she killed herself and Phil on my 30th bday. Weird.

One of her sisters is raising the kids about 90 miles from the twin cities in Wisc.

unihikid Guest
    Phil Hartman directed in his will that his body be cremated, and his ashes were scattered over Santa Catalina Island's Emerald Bay.[/quote]

uh thats a boy scout camp,one of two on catilina.the other being cherry valley.also at emerald bay is a unmarked tombstone....wadago boy scouts.

I feel for those poor kids. They were in the home, I always wondered how much they saw or heard when it happened. God...they must be in their late teens by now, or even older, right?

"Death doesn't really worry me that much, I'm not frightened about it... I just don't want to be there when it happens."

growl Guest

I still miss him too. Sad, Sad, Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayzo View Post
    It's been nearly ten years and I still miss this man terribly. I remember when I used to babysit, I'd watch him on SNL. He was a regular on one of my favorite shows; The Simpsons. For a few years, at Christmastime, he'd "host" The Grinch. But I think I loved him best as Bill MacNeil on News Radio. The episode they made to deal with Phil's death still makes me cry my eyes out. He truly was an amazing talent.
    This was one of the very rare occasions that a celebrity death made me angry. It still does. Okay, I didn't know Brynn, so I am in no position to make an "educated judgment," but I still don't care. Sorry, but what a flipping bitch. Phil had no chance to defend his life. Had he been awake, he may have been able to talk her down, he could have run, he would have had a chance. Just so unfortunate.

Noreen Guest
    Yes, like the rest of you, Phil's death hit me especially hard. Loved him too.
    Such an awful tragedy. Do hope his kids are doing well.

I think he was also in Bruce Willis' film with Kim Bassinger Blind Date
    I cried for shoes .... til I met a man with no feet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

**Jenna** Guest
    I can't believe it's been about 10 years since he was killed. Not to be mean but why couldn't his wife just of killed herself in stead of him. I know she was wacked out on drugs and zoloft,but still.

Quote Originally Posted by unihikid View Post
    Phil Hartman directed in his will that his body be cremated, and his ashes were scattered over Santa Catalina Island's Emerald Bay.

And amazingly, his psycho wife was cremated also and her ashes were scattered together with his in the same place!

What was the family thinking?

leeny994 Guest
    didn't Phil Hartman go to school with Squeaky Fromme?

erin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhdiesel View Post
    Do you think everyone blames andy dick for the murder?

Lovitz and Dick have been at loggerheads since a 1997 Christmas party at Hartman??s house, five months before his troubled wife Brynn flipped out, fatally shooting Hartman, then killing herself. ??Andy was doing cocaine, and he gave Brynn some after she had been sober for 10 years. Phil was furious about it - and then five months later he??s dead,? said Lovitz, adding that when he filled in on Hartman??s ??Newsradio? sitcom, ??I told Andy, ??I wouldn??t be here now if you hadn??t given Brynn that cocaine.?? ?
    I do know that Lovitz definately blames Hartman's death on Andy Dick. He also blames the death of the actor from Suddenly Susan (having a total brain fart, can't remember his name) on Andy Dick. He was with him the night he died, and allegedly gave him drugs, as well. So, if you've had any kind of drug problem, don't ever be friends with Andy Dick. He'll make you fall off the wagon then die.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post
    I do know that Lovitz definately blames Hartman's death on Andy Dick. He also blames the death of the actor from Suddenly Susan (having a total brain fart, can't remember his name) on Andy Dick. He was with him the night he died, and allegedly gave him drugs, as well. So, if you've had any kind of drug problem, don't ever be friends with Andy Dick. He'll make you fall off the wagon then die.
    Jesus.

Good tip.

knothere Guest
    i dont think phills kids will take interest in hollywood

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by laynestaleyfan View Post
    I can't believe it's been about 10 years since he was killed. Not to be mean but why couldn't his wife just of killed herself in stead of him. I know she was wacked out on drugs and zoloft,but still.

She killed him because he wanted a divorce. In an interview by one of his friends ,they said she was always accusing him of having an affair, was jealous of his career and even tho she said she was off drugs for 10 years that it wasn't true and that is why he wanted the divorce besides she was a violent person and often got physical with him. Too bad he didn't just pack and slam that night so she couldn't have gotten to him.
    They also said that HE could be very cold and uncarring towards her. He also could be very cruel with words. Who knows maybe it was just a bad explosive relationship. Either way I liked him a lot.

Phil Hartman and Wayne Gretzky (Hockey Player) are from
    the same small Canadian town - Brantford Ontario-
    Everybody in that city talks about Wayne but almost
    nobody talks about Phil which I find sad.

SistaSara Guest

10 years ago today

It was 10 years ago today that Phil Hartman was killed by his wife, Brynn.

**moment of silence**

burgtwngrl Guest
    The suddenly susan actor is David Strickland...

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SistaSara View Post
    It was 10 years ago today that Phil Hartman was killed by his wife, Brynn.

**moment of silence**
    I can't believe its already been 10 years,RIP Phil Hartman

burgtwngrl Guest
    Oh man...I can't believe it's been 10 years! They should have never spread her ashes along with his...No way...If my spouse shot me to death let it be known I don't want him buried or scattered anywhere near me!