Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow

Goop is just a series of adverts which I suspect she gets paid a shit-load of money for.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

These are my favorite parts of that review:

There is no Gwyneth Paltrow. Jeffrey Steingarten was actually just interviewing a ripple of light and some dandelion fuzz
    this glimmering glass-and-hay unicorn creature
    LMAO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It was announced in 2010 that Gwyneth suffered from Osteopinia

Gwyneth Paltrow's announcement that she has osteopenia, a possible precursor to the bone-thinning disease osteoporosis -- conditions usually found in older women -- has some wondering if her extreme diet and exercise regimen is to blame.

In her online newsletter GOOP, Paltrow, who is 37, revealed that she was diagnosed with the early stages of osteopenia after suffering a leg fracture.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=11034632

Now it has been announced that her mother Blyth Danner and Osteoporosis

Blythe Danner has revealed that she has osteoporosis.

The 68-year-old Meet the Fockers star, whose daughter is Gwyneth Paltrow, has become a celebrity spokesperson for the post-menopausal version of the bone disorder after her recent diagnosis, reports WENN.

Danner said that she was shocked when she discovered she was a sufferer but has since researched osteoporosis and found how common it is.

"One in two women over the age of 50 will have a fracture-related osteoporosis," she said. "When I heard that, I thought, 'Woah! I better get on the case.'"

http://www.digitalspy.com/celebrity/...diagnosis.html
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

CNN is reporting Gwyneth and Chris Martin have separated. I thought it strange they never made public appearances together. Always thought they were an odd couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    CNN is reporting Gwyneth and Chris Martin have separated. I thought it strange they never made public appearances together. Always thought they were an odd couple.
    Maybe he got weary of her vapid self absorbtion?
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

1karenhb Guest
    I always thought they were an odd couple too. Surprised he could put up with her for 10 years. Maybe never being together was the secret.

Bunratty Guest
    Paltrow gives off the same vibe to me as does Jenna Elfman - on the surface a hippy type with possible vicious undertones

weirdgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunratty View Post
    Paltrow gives off the same vibe to me as does Jenna Elfman - on the surface a hippy type with possible vicious undertones
    Agreed!

“conscious uncoupling”

Wankers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    “conscious uncoupling”

Wankers.
    ITA....Gwyneth is so full of pretentious goop. UGH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Were these pictures of Gwyneth Paltrow kissing her ex-boyfriend the final straw for her marriage to Chris Martin?

The actress, who announced she and her Coldplay rocker husband Chris Martin had 'consciously uncoupled' on Tuesday evening, dated British actor Donovan Leitch in the 1990s. The pair were seen very openly kissing on the mouth while sitting front row at a Los Angeles Dodgers game in September 2013 with her daughter Apple and son Moses sat alongside them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...is-Martin.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Conscious uncoupling" makes it sound like they have to make even their separation more special and enlightened than everyone else's. Maybe it's my "child of divorce" baggage coming through, but you can't pretty up a break-up, no matter how nice you are. Sorry. That's pretentious. It'll be nice for the kids if they can be civilized with each other, but it's a break-up, people.

ktkatinmn Guest
    Oh my god! I saw her name pop to the top of the NEW POSTS list and I thought...

Finally.

And you all are just talking about her seperation...

Damn it...

Cannot stand this woman's acting abilities and she has mucked up countless otherwise really good movies!

Outside of movies, I could give a rats ass about this woman and thought maybe she had finally dropped dead...

Meh...maybe tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    “conscious uncoupling”

Wankers.
    UGH! Can't stand that self-righteous douchenozzle!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

Bayou Queen Guest
    I cannot believe she said this, she is so clueless, "MOTHERHOOD IS MUCH HARDER FOR ME". http://www.etonline.com/news/144858_..._Me/index.html

Let her get just a taste of what my mother went through and she'd quickly retract that statement.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Queen View Post
    I cannot believe she said this, she is so clueless, "MOTHERHOOD IS MUCH HARDER FOR ME". http://www.etonline.com/news/144858_..._Me/index.html
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	facepalm_227785.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	50303

She is such a twit...

I've never found her that attractive outside of that topless scene when she was kissing another woman.

Scores!!!

Yeah; I'm a perv.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

weirdgurl Guest
    She's an asshole.

Someone on another forum said that there's probably not a word in the English language to describe how relieved and happy Chris Martin is right now. It said he would take the kids out to get ice cream, on occasion, and she'd blow a fuckin gasket. Ugh! This woman's unbelievable.

Honestly, is Gwyneth's MOM like this? Blythe Danner, working actress, mother, and married-to-the-same-chap-for-decades-until-his-death? She never struck me as being similarly self-indulgent. She must have raised that young woman wrong in some way, otherwise, she'd be giving her Goopie Girl unholy Hell for talking and acting like the spoiled snoot she gives every impression of being. I hope that, at least in private, she does.

Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    Honestly, is Gwyneth's MOM like this? Blythe Danner, working actress, mother, and married-to-the-same-chap-for-decades-until-his-death? She never struck me as being similarly self-indulgent. She must have raised that young woman wrong in some way, otherwise, she'd be giving her Goopie Girl unholy Hell for talking and acting like the spoiled snoot she gives every impression of being. I hope that, at least in private, she does.
    t

I never really cared for Blythe Danner, to be honest. She always appeared a bit self-righteous (in my humble opinion) in a lot of ways, I'm not surprised by the fact that she has a self centered, snotty, out of touch daughter. But Blythe can't take all of the blame. Perhaps Gwyneth's father may have also over indulged his little "princess".

Gwyneth is just so out of touch with the real world.
    Last edited by NewEnglander; 03-28-2014 at 09:40 PM.

She should try waitressing, without a nanny net!

Chris Martin should be wrapped tightly in cellophane with a liberal coating of lighter fluid between each layer beaten about the head with an aluminum baseball bat and then set aflame. Coldplay sucks. Gwenneth can go about her business.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    She should try waitressing, without a nanny net!
    amen!

Never liked her.. can't act. Give your Oscar to Cate Blanchett who should have won that year.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Chris Martin should be wrapped tightly in cellophane with a liberal coating of lighter fluid between each layer beaten about the head with an aluminum baseball bat and then set aflame. Coldplay sucks. Gwenneth can go about her business.
    I'd ask you what you really think Ich; but I honestly think you just told us.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

I just discovered that article about her having it harder then other working moms. Fuck you Gwyneth Paltrow. Just....fuck you.

I used to tolerate her- but after this, I think I'm going to start a "keep that bitch out of the next Avengers movie" campaign.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    I just discovered that article about her having it harder then other working moms. Fuck you Gwyneth Paltrow. Just....fuck you.

I used to tolerate her- but after this, I think I'm going to start a "keep that bitch out of the next Avengers movie" campaign.
    She either has a brilliant knack for being misquoted, has a poor way of expressing herself, or is simply an out-of-touch, self-centered airhead. Maybe a combination of all three? I'm leaning towards "airhead", though.

Quote Originally Posted by amaranthaseven View Post
    She either has a brilliant knack for being misquoted, has a poor way of expressing herself, or is simply an out-of-touch, self-centered airhead. Maybe a combination of all three? I'm leaning towards "airhead", though.
    I don't think she's an airhead. I think she is just extremely out of touch with the rest of the world- and she has no concept of what it is like to not have money.

I myself am firmly ensconced in the middle class. We make enough to have a nice home and some nice things- but I still distinctly remember times when I had to buy the flavorite mac and cheese because Kraft was too expensive (back when Kraft was $0.75 per box). I try to keep up with the latest in economics so I can understand the struggle of people who may not have jobs, or are underpaid without putting my foot in my mouth about it. It's about empathy and understanding for fellow mothers who HAVE to work for a living vs. make one movie a year and spend $1000 a week for a chauffeur to pick up your macrobiotic meals when you are on the set.

If she can't empathize, than maybe she should just keep quiet.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

PurrPurr Guest
    I don't think she's an airhead. I think she is just extremely out of touch with the rest of the world- and she has no concept of what it is like to not have money.

I myself am firmly ensconced in the middle class. We make enough to have a nice home and some nice things- but I still distinctly remember times when I had to buy the flavorite mac and cheese because Kraft was too expensive (back when Kraft was $0.75 per box). I try to keep up with the latest in economics so I can understand the struggle of people who may not have jobs, or are underpaid without putting my foot in my mouth about it. It's about empathy and understanding for fellow mothers who HAVE to work for a living vs. make one movie a year and spend $1000 a week for a chauffeur to pick up your macrobiotic meals when you are on the set.

Exactly. I came from a solid middle-class background myself; despite emotionally unavailable parents, I lacked for little materially. At the same time, we kids were prepared to go out in the real world (something for which I'm ALWAYS grateful to to my parents); developing a work ethic, how to make a budget, cook, clean, iron, do laundry, and shop for groceries. Yes, that included my brothers. Once we graduated from high school, we had two options: learn a trade or get jobs. Because of the aforementioned, I learned to be compassionate towards those who struggle economically and often find myself scolding the man for occasional unflattering comments toward those on assistance (the "welfare dawn" one tends to be his favorite). He is a clever businessman himself and grew up in an upper middle class home where his father earned six figures. Still, he needs a few more lessons in empathy to those not so fortunate.

I think a lot of "Hollywood kids" have little or no sense of reality because of being brought up without any sense of how regular people worry about being one paycheck away from unemployment, where their next meals are coming from or how they're going to afford school supplies for their kids.
    Last edited by PurrPurr; 04-05-2014 at 10:18 AM.

I completely agree with you, Diet. I don't think she has a clue as to how the majority of the rest of the world lives.

Both my parents were raised during the depression, so in spite of the fact that we had money, we were brought up pinching pennies at every turn. My Mom would actually save the plastic bags that bread came in, turn them inside out and wash them with the clothes, then re-use them for a variety of purposes. She even saved torn panty hose and used them as ties or storage bags. Eventually I bought a condo and moved out, and could just barely afford the mortgage. For a good three years, times were really tough and I too bought the cheap Macaroni and Cheese because I couldn't afford Kraft. From my recollection, in 1988 the "plain wrap" (generic store brand) version of Mac and Cheese would go on sale for 25 cents a box every couple of months and I would stock up. I am now married and have two teenage kids and since my husband's stroke three years ago, I am the primary breadwinner for my family. I work long hours at a job I hate, drive an ugly, clunky old car because we can't afford a new one, am trying to claw my way out of debt, we have household expenses for which I don't have the money and there is no end in sight.

I would LOVE to trade places with her, not for my benefit, but for hers. She is completely clueless and I am hoping with all of the negative publicity she is encountering, she will no longer be employable and will have to cut back on her lavish lifestyle. It would be the best thing that can happen to her and might giver her the compassion and empathy for others that she is so obviously lacking.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

geeky, my mother does the same things. Yup, saves those plastic bags. Damn, I hope things get better for you.

No, Gwyneth will always have it easy. She will never understand the working Mom's who struggle daily in this day and age. She needs to keep her mouth shut, use her money to help those in need and if not just go away.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    t

I never really cared for Blythe Danner, to be honest. She always appeared a bit self-righteous (in my humble opinion) in a lot of ways, I'm not surprised by the fact that she has a self centered, snotty, out of touch daughter. But Blythe can't take all of the blame. Perhaps Gwyneth's father may have also over indulged his little "princess".

Gwyneth is just so out of touch with the real world.
    I never cared much for her either, but loved her in "To Wong Foo." I think her father created a monster!

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Never liked her.. can't act. Give your Oscar to Cate Blanchett who should have won that year.
    I love Cate and completely agree about the Oscar. I would watch any movie that she does - just so long as its not a Woody Allen movie!!
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

I always liked Gwyneth, not a huge fan or follower, but I liked her. until that 'motherhood is harder for her' comment.
    it reminded me of another ignorant comment of a rich person - 'let them eat cake.'

""Let them eat cake" is the traditional translation of the French phrase "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche", supposedly spoken by "a great princess" upon learning that the peasants had no bread. Since brioche was made from dough enriched with butter and eggs, making it more expensive than bread, the quote supposedly would reflect the princess's obliviousness as to the condition of the people.
    While it is commonly attributed to Queen Marie Antoinette,[1] there is no record of this phrase ever having been uttered by her."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_them_eat_cake

I'm sure she meant it, and I'm sure she didn't mean any harm. but holy moly, how ignorant the rich can be about the majority of us.
    and if she did indeed say it, she should have kept quiet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

geeky, my mother does the same things. Yup, saves those plastic bags. Damn, I hope things get better for you.

No, Gwyneth will always have it easy. She will never understand the working Mom's who struggle daily in this day and age. She needs to keep her mouth shut, use her money to help those in need and if not just go away.
    Thanks Leasie! But as bad as things are, for the most part I am happy and so is my family. We try realllllly hard to be grateful for the blessing we do have. And believe it or not, I have many happy memories during the lean times when I was eating generic Mac and Cheese, and will look back with fondness in the future on the tough times we are going through now. When you have no money, life is very simple and there is no need to stress out about whether to go to Europe or Hawaii for vacation, getting a scratch on your brand new Mercedes, losing a stone in your diamond ring, having your house robbed of big screen TVs, fancy cameras and computer equipment, and keeping up with all the latest fashion trends. Life is perfect if you have a warm place to sleep, clean clothes on your back and food -- even generic Mac and Cheese -- filling your tummy! Gwyneth should try it sometime, I think she would be pleasantly surprised!

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    Thanks Leasie! But as bad as things are, for the most part I am happy and so is my family. We try realllllly hard to be grateful for the blessing we do have. And believe it or not, I have many happy memories during the lean times when I was eating generic Mac and Cheese, and will look back with fondness in the future on the tough times we are going through now. When you have no money, life is very simple and there is no need to stress out about whether to go to Europe or Hawaii for vacation, getting a scratch on your brand new Mercedes, losing a stone in your diamond ring, having your house robbed of big screen TVs, fancy cameras and computer equipment, and keeping up with all the latest fashion trends. Life is perfect if you have a warm place to sleep, clean clothes on your back and food -- even generic Mac and Cheese -- filling your tummy! Gwyneth should try it sometime, I think she would be pleasantly surprised!
    ^^^This. Yes. Money helps a heck of a lot but if you don't have it and you are happy you've got it. And so many don't have it. And they never will.

Mammy Guest

Even being a divorced, "working" mother, she'll never understand the difference between herself and a true working mother who has to work more than one job to provide for her children. She'll never have to worry about where her children's next meal is coming from like a real working mother whose children have a deadbeat father who won't pay child support. She'll never have to exist on ramen noodles because it's all she can afford. She's a delusional idiot without a clue what she's talking about.

The latest in Gwyneth's BS New Age Psychobabble:

Give us a break: Gwyneth and Chris took part in separating ceremony while on holiday -- Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow held a bizarre separating ceremony to prepare themselves for their imminent divorce. http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/3...lst-on-holiday

Which reminded me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNlK8zuhQww

Maybe that was part of their ceremony?

I like the way she plays Pepper Potts but unless she is playing a part I like I don't pay that much attention.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

aLiLdirt Guest
    A few words that come to mind when I think of GP:

cantankerous, uninspiring, narcissistic, tepid

Martin seems okay-ish and kind of real.
    I don't buy into GP's schtick at all and I do feel rather sorry for the children.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Even being a divorced, "working" mother, she'll never understand the difference between herself and a true working mother who has to work more than one job to provide for her children. She'll never have to worry about where her children's next meal is coming from like a real working mother whose children have a deadbeat father who won't pay child support. She'll never have to exist on ramen noodles because it's all she can afford. She's a delusional idiot without a clue what she's talking about.
    Very, very well said Mammy - as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I like the way she plays Pepper Potts but unless she is playing a part I like I don't pay that much attention.
    I agree. There are some actors that I cannot stand to the point where I will refuse to watch anything they're in, but GP isn't to that level, yet.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

I used to like her but she just keeps making these asinine comments and is so damn clueless. The worst part about her comments on working mothers is that she probably doesn't even HAVE to work. And wahhh you have to be on set for 12 hours a day. But for how long? A few months and make your millions. What a stupid bitch.

I am all for people doing what works for them but I really don't understand the open marriage thing. They are saying now that she had some fling with someone in a literary world who has more money than she does. I just don't get the point of being married if you are both going to have other partners. Why not just live together and raise your kids together? Why go through with the actual marriage? It makes no sense to me.

PurrPurr Guest
    Our favorite self-entitled twit got put in her place again:

In just 2 tweets, Cindy McCain destroys Gwyneth Paltrow
    http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/05...eth4pstorylink

Cindy gave Paltrow a proper smack down! Deservedly so.

Here is another response from military member:

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/05/1426...on-tweets-war/

I think she'd do both herself and everyone else a favor if she just issued statements through a publicist who would rigorously proofread and edit the content. Anything else I comment on would just be a repeat of everything previously said in this thread: out of touch, infuriatingly superior, blah blah blah.

"I agree. There are some actors that I cannot stand to the point where I will refuse to watch anything they're in, but GP isn't to that level, yet." I hear that. I wanna go see "Edge of Tomorrow" only because I am a sci-fi geek and Emily Blunt. What's his face is just collateral damage. E.P.'s Mom is a lot hotter.

weirdgurl Guest
    "Yet..." she passed yet for me with her comment about Hollywood moms having it harder than other moms. I'm not a big fan of Angelina Jolie, but she gained points for me when she called Paltrow out on this bonehead statement.

Mammy Guest
    I've never understood how she got famous in the first place. She's about as exciting as watching paint dry and obviously she's a clueless twit.