Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Battaglia murders children while mom listens

John Battaglia murders children while mom listens

Anyone ever hear of this?

[SIZE=5]Witnesses say dad loving, caring father [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    The Associated Press [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3] DALLAS (AP) - An accountant convicted of killing his two young daughters was described by defense witnesses Thursday as a loving, caring father who appeared to be in a deep depression the day the girls were murdered.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]John Battaglia, 46, was convicted Wednesday of capital murder in the May shootings of Faith, 9, and Liberty, 6. Prosecutors say he shot the girls repeatedly while their horrified mother listened on the phone.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Jurors hearing testimony during the punishment phase of the trial will determine whether Battaglia is sentenced to death or life in prison. They convicted Battaglia after 19 minutes of deliberating Wednesday.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]"I've formed the opinion that he was a wonderful, loving, caring father," testified Vida Hughes, a 68-year-old bookkeeper who shared office space with Battaglia in Dallas.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]She said the children often visited Battaglia's office, where he kept games and toys for them. His desk area was decorated with 40-50 pieces of the girls' crayon art and about a dozen photos of them.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]But Hughes also said she overheard several heated conversations between Battaglia and Mary Jane Pearle, his ex-wife and mother of the slain girls.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]On the day of the killings, Hughes testified, Battaglia passed by her and seemed depressed.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]"His body was there, but his mind wasn't there," she said. "He was not the same person. I've never seen him like that before."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]James Young, a friend of both Battaglia and Pearle, testified that he always thought Battaglia was a great family man, taking the girls to soccer games and helping them with school projects.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]"You'd be hard-pressed to find a father that would dedicate as much time as he dedicated to the kids," said Young.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Prosecution witnesses painted a much darker picture of Battaglia on Wednesday, detailing his history of domestic abuse.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]They said that Battaglia gunned down the girls in his apartment in an act of "ultimate revenge" against Pearle, who was prosecuting him for violating a protective order stemming from an assault conviction.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Michelle Ghetti, Battaglia's first wife, gave chilling testimony about stalking, threatened and brutally beaten by Battaglia.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]"You're just a nervous wreck, scared," said Ghetti, who was married to Battaglia from 1985 to 1987. "You didn't know what to expect."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]The abusive behavior started when Ghetti was pregnant with their daughter, Ghetti testified, and escalated after they separated in September 1986.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Once barred from the house, Battaglia would tape her phone conversations and hide in bushes outside and jump in the garage when Ghetti came home, she said.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]He would appear at night, banging on windows in her home, Ghetti said. She told of one night when she woke up to see Battaglia standing over her, wanting sex. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]When she didn't take him back after he threatened suicide, Ghetti said he told her, 'I'll cut you up and I'll scar that face."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]When Ghetti wouldn't drop charges she filed in a 1987 incident, she said Battaglia beat her.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]"I'll never forget, just a huge smile on his face," Ghetti testified. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]She said she remembers him saying, "If I'm going back to jail, I'm going to make it well worth my while," then he punched her until she was unconscious, dislocating her jaw and breaking her nose.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Guest Guest
    What a scumbag!!

KristinEileen Guest
    This was on 48 Hours Mystery I believe..They played the taped phone convo...it was horrible...This guy is a freaking sicko..and of course his wife wasn't the first to have to deal with his abusive ass either...

Armcast Guest
    I remember watching this on a true-crime show recently. The thing that stands out in my mind is how that poor mother had to sit there helpless knowing that her scumbag ex-husband was going to murder her children. I couldn't sleep that night.

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Ugh. How horrid!

This happened just a few blocks from my work. After he killed his daughters, he went to one of the local tatoo shops and got inked with two roses. One for each daughter. Sick bastard. The state will take care of him, soon.

GODDESS6 Guest
    as a mom, i can't imagine~ how awful, sick bastard!!!~

Lisamarie Guest
    what a dickhead scum bag fuck turd bastard!!!!! ........anyone have the audio??? How sad !! How could you kill your own kids!!!

Nerak Guest
    I have to say, as a mother, I would kill him. Right or wrong. I would arrive at his home and kill the bastard. gawd that is incomprehensible...

I would be in prison, cause if he killed my babies, I would kill his ass

AFoolandHisMonkey Guest
    I think I saw a show about this. I believe this guy also left a creepy voicemail message on his daughters' phone after they were dead... something about how they were "in a better place." Infuriating. I feel for their mom.

Shocking. How horrifying! God bless that poor woman.
    I cried for shoes .... til I met a man with no feet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here's a picture of the building where he killed them.

kimmer927 Guest
    Wow! Kind of "School Book Depository"...I'm with Lisa, anyone got audio?

bunny Guest
    oh ya they will take care of him...in his new home...poor little girls!

malaki Guest
    If I had to hear that going on on the other side of the phone you may as well just put me in a straight jacket right there, I would be literally nuts after that..

Quote Originally Posted by kimmer927 View Post
    Wow! Kind of "School Book Depository"
    It use to be the Ford Motor Co. building. Then it became a hat factory (Adams Hats). It was converted into lofts about 15-20 years ago, IIRC.

pamela Guest
    That poor woman will have nightmares for the rest of her life. I get so hot under the collar when I hear about crimes like this. Innocent people being killed. At the risk of sounding insensitive, why didn't the mother flee with the kids years ago?

letty1970 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Yup, me to,HOW COULD HE BASTARD.

Snudgie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Ditto....what a sick fucking bastard...RIP little ones.

letty1970 Guest
    I've Posted on another thread that this happend here in england a couple of years ago. This shit of a man took his little boys to the woods and stabbed them to death with a screwdriver, while on the phone to the mother. The fear that those little lads must have felt is overwelming. It distresssed me so much at the time and still does to this day.

thye would have to put me in a little while room with no windows if that ever happened to me....
    god bless those little girls
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

ParrothedKay Guest

Battaglia

Just an update. He's still being allowed to live. I found a weirrd ass website and for my soul I cannot figure out if it's BY him or about him. The quotes and images are weird, but it does list both an email and a Death Row address form him. What do you all think?

http://jdvdbattaglia.com/

The reason I came looking for this thread is because I am just finishing a book on the murders. It details his sick abusive behavior towards his wives and kids. The book is "No Daddy Don't" by Irene Pence.

KAY

jaylene Guest
    What is a "Foucault?"
    This ass can murder his daughters and then set
    up a web site? WTF?

ParrothedKay Guest

Battaglia

I wondered that too. One reason I questioned whether it was him or ...??? And the way he includes his murdered daughters names "faith & liberty"...acknowledging them and yet..not.

I'm gonna research and see if I can find out what that word refers to.

It may have something to do with Michael Foucault...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Foucault

ParrothedKay Guest
    It must, even though it deosn't really make sense...because the first notes on Foucault in the Wiki state:

Foucault is best known for his critical studies of social institutions, most notably psychiatry, medicine, the human sciences, and the prison system

jaylene Guest
    Maybe we aren't meant to understand the ramblings
    of a psycho. Just looked like a strange word. I was
    raised somewhat sheltered and just thought it was
    something I didn't know about. Gotta have something
    to do with that guy. Thanks everyone for the info and
    looking that up.

Nicki Guest
    Did I miss it....did he get the Death Penalty. It wouldn't be too soon. That poor mother. The part about him hiding and jumping in the garage brought back memorys of my ex. Very scary plus disturbing on way too many levels. Still think the penalty should be an Eye for an Eye. He needs to be put to death the way he killed his daughters.

ParrothedKay Guest
    He received the death penalty but he is still on Death Row. The girls were killed in 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by letty1970 View Post
    I've Posted on another thread that this happend here in england a couple of years ago. This shit of a man took his little boys to the woods and stabbed them to death with a screwdriver, while on the phone to the mother. The fear that those little lads must have felt is overwelming. It distresssed me so much at the time and still does to this day.
    I remember that story. It broke my heart. My heart goes to the kids and the Mother of all stories like this........and evil monster should be killed or burn in hell!

I still can't believe this POS is breathing our air. I remember when this took place, I was MORE than shocked to find out the building it happened in! My ex-boss actually had an apartment in downtown Dallas, and I attended a party there, a couple of years after this incident, but didn't know until today this is where it happened. How this POS has been able to maintain a website is beyond all belief.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Nelliebean Guest
    She should have shot him a long time ago.

Mammy Guest
    I was hoping this thread was bumped because he was finally executed.

Trust me, when this low-life cocksucker is about to meet his maker, I'll gladly make sure this is at the top of the forum, complete with a Dick Clark style countdown!
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Mammy Guest
    The crime was committed in 2001 and he is in Texas, so I would think he's on borrowed time.

I am so reading the book on this...

Mammy Guest
    It is a good book, just very sad.

I know the story, but I don't know the intimate details, not sure I could handle reading the book...
    --William Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    I know the story, but I don't know the intimate details, not sure I could handle reading the book...
    It's pretty detailed so far. This guy, at the very least, had major anger issues. He was also your classic abuser.

Mammy Guest
    Definitely the classic abuser. Everything is always someone else's fault, never his.

AussieBec Guest
    So sad...R.I.P little Angels

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016...ednesday.html/ AND... It looks like by this time tomorrow he will be all deady dead dead! Let's hope Texas follows through with the execution without some pesky lawyers holding it up! Killing his kids while his ex-wife listened on the phone... can't think of a better candidate.
    --William Shakespeare!

44. 03-29-2016, 08:16 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016...ednesday.html/ AND... It looks like by this time tomorrow he will be all deady dead dead! Let's hope Texas follows through with the execution without some pesky lawyers holding it up! Killing his kids while his ex-wife listened on the phone... can't think of a better candidate.
    I just read that they gave this POS a reprieve! Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    I just read that they gave this POS a reprieve! Disgusting.
    When I heard about it earlier today, I seriously wanted to put my fist through a wall... It pisses me off to no end!
    --William Shakespeare!

Why was he granted a reprieve, he killed his daughters. Our lovely justice system at work. What is the title of the book, Racingfan?

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Why was he granted a reprieve, he killed his daughters. Our lovely justice system at work. What is the title of the book, Racingfan?
    I agree, PK,Apparently they have to determine if he is basically "sane enough" to go to the death chamber...I'm thinking, Huh? Didnt they already have enough time to do this?
    Anyone who does this to anybody let alone their own flesh and blood is definitely off their rocker- But what does that have to do with anything? Go ahead and use him for a pin cushion and be done with it.

Hi Dangitbawb
    I felt the same way. What is this world coming to?
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 03-31-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Yeah, having revisited this case by reading the book recently "No, Daddy Don't" a few months ago, I was amazed they gave him a reprieve also. I don't think it will last. I think he'll still get the big shot, although that's not the way I'd do it............

Well... we're in luck! State District Judge Robert Burns signed an order yesterday setting the execution for John Battaglia for Dec 7th. It really does suck that he's been allowed to live 15+ years after slaughtering his precious babies, but it doesn't look like he's getting out of it this time...
    --William Shakespeare!

Lawren Guest
    About damn time!