Thread: Jilly Rizzo - Frank Sinatra's bodyguard

Danny62 Guest

Jilly Rizzo - Frank Sinatra's bodyguard

nicknamed "Jilly" (May 6, 1917 - May 6, 1992), was a restaurateur and entertainer. A long time friend of Frank Sinatra, Rizzo made cameo appearances in several of his films. He was also a frequent guest on Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In, where he would recite one liners in his monotone New York accent. During the 1970s, his night-club was torn down and replaced with Dean Martin's restaurant, Dino's.
    Jilly Rizzo was tragically killed by a drunk driver on his 75th birthday Rancho Mirage, California. He is survived by two sons, William and Joseph, one daughter Abby and two grandchildren, Kacey and Joseph.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    nicknamed "Jilly" (May 6, 1917 - May 6, 1992), was a restaurateur and entertainer. A long time friend of Frank Sinatra, Rizzo made cameo appearances in several of his films. He was also a frequent guest on Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In, where he would recite one liners in his monotone New York accent. During the 1970s, his night-club was torn down and replaced with Dean Martin's restaurant, Dino's.
    Jilly Rizzo was tragically killed by a drunk driver on his 75th birthday Rancho Mirage, California. He is survived by two sons, William and Joseph, one daughter Abby and two grandchildren, Kacey and Joseph.
    Dude you are pulling straws now just to be the first to 1000 post , aren't you?

Because I'll post stuff like this, " Hi. my name is Dave Letterman and i'm not wearing any pants."

Or..."I am the lizard king and I can do anything!!"

Or..."I've got a lovely bunch of coconut's"

Or..."I'd like the coffin to be white, and I want it specially lined with satin. White... or pink. Maybe red! Bright flaming red! Let's make it gay! "

Just f#ckin with you danny!!!
    Keep on Haggin!!

Tugboat25 Guest
    Danny can see the thousand post finish line in the distance!
    He sees it at the horizon and he's going for it!!!!

GO Danny!!!

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Actually, to add some interest and accuraccy to this post, Jilly was hit and trapped inside his Jaguar. The car caught on fire and he roasted to death.

He is buried a couple spots over from Frank.

SueWahoo Guest
    Ermenigildo Rizzo, huh, I see why he was nicknamed Jilly. I'm shocked that the drunken driver, Jeff Perrotte, is still alive. I thought Frank would have him removed from this mortal coil. The born-again Christian, of course, drunken driver even has a website.

http://www.drinkdriveprison.com/index.html

Danny62 Guest
    Yeah Frank had the connections to knock anybody off.

I think when he lost Jilly who was also a good friend it was the start of the slow decline for Frank.

He was scared of death no doubt...he never attended any of his close friends funerals!!

Tugboat25 Guest
    Yeah Frank had the connections to knock anybody off.

I think when he lost Jilly who was also a good friend it was the start of the slow decline for Frank.

He was scared of death no doubt...he never attended any of his close friends funerals!!
    As of this post... 60 more Buddy Boy!
    Let me say congratulations pal!

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    As of this post... 60 more Buddy Boy!
    Let me say congratulations pal!
    No Tug its called "I need to get a life."

Tugboat25 Guest
    No Tug its called "I need to get a life."
    Maybe a new set of barbells might be nice! Ha!
    Maybe a few more bench presses can get your mind off celebrity death!!

Just kidding with ya, I think you're a fantastic poster.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    Maybe a new set of barbells might be nice! Ha!
    Maybe a few more bench presses can get your mind off celebrity death!!

Just kidding with ya, I think you're a fantastic poster.
    what I am doing...eating lunch at my desk and posting!

Thanks though. I try to make them interesting!!!

ajlposh Guest
    How long was Jilly Frank's bodyguard?

ajlposh Guest
    Oh, and also in Frank's version of Mrs. Robinson (His version is actually better than Simon and Garfunkel's) Frank says "Jilly loves you more than you will know" instead of Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan7962 View Post
    Dude, the link above to Dino's restaurant refers to a Greek restaurant.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Here is an article in L.A. Times about Perrotte: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...rce=feedburner

Yeah, he's a model prisoner, yada yada yada. He needs to remain in prison and keep doing all his wonderful work with other prisoners. I just can't get past how, as a 3 time DUI'er, ran home as Jilly burned to death.
    Cindy