Thread: Julie Lankamp - CNN Producer

AFoolandHisMonkey Guest

Julie Lankamp - CNN Producer

That poor little girl.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008...at_feet-2.html

Detectives were chasing down leads Wednesday night in the mysterious death of a former CNN producer whose body was found in her tony Manhattan apartment - her crying young daughter clutching her legs.

Police are unsure if Julie Horner Lankamp, whose bloodied and bruised corpse was discovered on the floor of her 28th-floor Gold St. apartment Tuesday, was the victim of foul play or an accidental drug overdose.

Lankamp's 2-year-old daughter, Shaine, was crying for her mother when police found her, but the girl seemed to be in good health, officials said. Investigators were not certain how long she had been stranded with the body. Lankamp's relatives said they had not heard from her since Sunday.

Detectives want to interview Lankamp's abusive estranged husband - but sources said late yesterday the producer's death may have been accidental.

Lankamp was found with a broken jaw and dried blood pooled near her nose and mouth, but the injuries may have been suffered during a fall after an inadvertent drug overdose, sources said.

The city medical examiner told detectives Lankamp's injuries were not caused by a beating and that the bruising on her body may have been from decomposition, the sources said.

Toxicology tests were being performed on Lankamp, who took a variety of prescription medications for diabetes and kidney trouble, sources said. Investigators found an empty glassine envelope, containing a residue of cocaine, near her corpse, sources said.

Lankamp had filed for divorce from her husband, Dutch national Edwin Lankamp, in March - three months after he was arrested for attacking her with a chair while using their child as a human shield, officials said.

Edwin Lankamp pleaded guilty to harassment and a state court filed an order of protection against him.

Julie Lankamp worked as a producer for CNN from 1995 to 1998 and was later the director of marketing for Broadway Video. In 2002, she founded Melon Media, which designs Web sites and produces live-action video.

Armcast Guest
    The thought of that little girl clutching to her dead mom is just plain heartbreaking...

That's just great. Wonder how the kid will turn out after this. Therapy anyone? Sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Don't forget to start your day with a nutritious breakfast!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Jeebus chrocus of a ritz...Man, I hate to think of that baby...I gotta two year old...He would FREAK the hell out man...

Jazbabee Guest
    My God.....how horrible for that poor baby !!!

candleinthewind Guest
    How awful. Sounds like things have been bad in that house for a while. I wish family members could have gotten that poor child out of there so she didn't have to witness this.

RaRaRamona Guest
    How on earth did she break her jaw in a fall? Did she tip over the balcony or something? Horrible!

GAdeathhag Guest
    that poor baby

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    How on earth did she break her jaw in a fall? Did she tip over the balcony or something? Horrible!
    Sounds like she went a bit overboard with the prescription meds and collapsed face first. Hence the broken jaw.

Sounds really really fishy, don't you think? Abusive ex husbands don't usually stop being abusive until someone dies, right? Used his kid as a human shield. Would seem to me that he has little regard for the child so why not kill the mom and leave her there? Fucking scum. Even if he didn't kill her, he should be suspect #1.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I can't get the vision of that baby outta my head...Everytime my little blonde haired blue eyed beaut walks by I can see it in my head...Frick...I knew I shouldn't ov come here today...

Smackman Guest
    So sad....That little kid.... I hope she's too young to remember.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    Sounds like she went a bit overboard with the prescription meds and collapsed face first. Hence the broken jaw.
    Yikes I had no idea that would be enough to break your face like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ad nauseam View Post
    Sounds really really fishy, don't you think? Abusive ex husbands don't usually stop being abusive until someone dies, right? Used his kid as a human shield. Would seem to me that he has little regard for the child so why not kill the mom and leave her there?
    The human shield thing is unbelievable. I wonder where the daughter will go? This sounds like a case for Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Yikes I had no idea that would be enough to break your face like that.
    A friend of mine once had some dickhead put a date rape drug in her drink at a bar. She realized what was happening and got out of there with a friend. But just as she made it to the street, she dropped like a rock, face first onto the pavement. Broke her jaw and knocked out sveeral teeth.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    A friend of mine once had some dickhead put a date rape drug in her drink at a bar. She realized what was happening and got out of there with a friend. But just as she made it to the street, she dropped like a rock, face first onto the pavement. Broke her jaw and knocked out sveeral teeth.
    Lucky she knew before anything happened. I am so glad I'm out of that scene. Good grief I can't believe that! A broken jaw is better than what would have happened. That sucks.

Lisamarie Guest
    Okaaaayyyy..I smell bullshit....

Carrie Guest
    Oh, that poor baby.

cherryghost Guest
    That woman sounds like she was.....either a nightmare or living a nightmare!
    The details are so sad and distressing!

Maybe she was late with the Gerber's.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

keep us posted on this one!

Doing cocain while having a two year old around ......hmmm I want more details
    does anyone do cocain by themselves???

Lita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by poizenvixenx View Post
    That's just great. Wonder how the kid will turn out after this. Therapy anyone? Sad.
    Fortunately and somewhat sadly, this little girl is so young that she probably won't remember.

The city medical examiner told detectives Lankamp's injuries were not caused by a beating and that the bruising on her body may have been from decomposition, the sources said.
    Toxicology tests were being performed on Lankamp, who took a variety of prescription medications for diabetes and kidney trouble, sources said. Investigators found an empty glassine envelope, containing a residue of cocaine, near her corpse, sources said.
    Sounds like it was a drug overdose and had nothing to do with her ex. Still sucks for that little girl. She won't understand that her mommy's not coming back.
    Last edited by Lita; 09-18-2008 at 07:23 PM.

jeca Guest
    That is just heartbreaking. That poor baby.

darlingdawn Guest
    It sounds fishy to me that the cocaine envelope was right there by her body. Seems planted to me.

fultondyke Guest
    Hmmm...I don't think that an over-dose death results in a bruised and bloodied corpse, which has a broken jaw! I hate to say it but if the SOB ex was low enough to use the baby as a "human sheild" while he attacked her mother, he probabally WOULDN'T have any qualms about leaving the child to cry over her mother's corpse...People like this are a waste of the resources that sustaine their sorry carcasses!

Snudgie Guest
    This whole story is just very sad and disturbing.....poor little girl..xxx

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    this reminds me of the murder of Christa Worthington on Cape Cod, MA, she was found murdered with her daughter clinging to her bloody body

NewYorkDoll Guest
    i followed that trial (worthington). the gentleman who was convicted was shivved in prison a couple of months ago.

cherryghost Guest
    Thats a creepy lonely death for a woman who looked very full of life and love!

IrishBabe Guest
    This one bothers me mightily....that poor, poor baby.

My son is 2, and I think I'm going to go smother him with kisses now...

sheri Guest
    I have 2 kids of my own, and regardless of how old they may or may not be, I can't for the life of me even try to attempt to imagine how they'd handle it if they were left w my dead body. Never mind a 2 year old. I hope that she goes to a safe loving home w her mom's side of the family never to be bothered by her prick of a father ever again. Restraining/protective orders are as useful as the ink and paper used to write them with and on. Squat. If someone is hard up and desperate enough, they will violate it each and every chance they can, not giving a frick about the consequences because they leave before law enforcement shows up to haul their arses outta there. The violaters know this and they know how to work the judicial system here in the US, which unfortunately is a crock of crap. Especially when you are dealin with a national from other courntries. They will try to use the immunity or whatever cuz theyre a 'national.' Oh, boo friggin hoo...do the crime do the time pure and simple.

May this woman rest in peace, and her little one get whatever help she needs for how ever long she needs it and that she's not too horribly scarred from this tragedy.

Cherry Malotte Guest
    So sad. Even if the little gal doesn't remember anything, there will still be the news reports out there. I can't imagine what that will do to her psyche later in life.

That poor little girl. My heart goes out to her. Such a sad story

What a jerk!! How could you use your child as a shield? When I've ever had a question about something like a dog I wasn't sure about, I make my daughter stay behind me. When this strange acting guy was outside that needed help, my neighbor and I talked to him outside, and I made my daughter stay inside w/ the dog. I could see her, but I knew he couldn't get to her. Some people are just scum!!!

Lisamarie Guest
    Look its her myspace!!!

Julie Langkamp (39)
    Date: Sep 17, 2008
    Cause of Death: Cocaine Overdose
    URL: go to their myspace

I just don't know what to say to this except that her mother must have been out of her mind when this occurred. I pray the little girl doesn't remember anything of that time.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

kimmer927 Guest
    Isn't this how Dexter started?

cherryghost Guest
    Her mood was giddy....just noticed the icon there!!!

Roaming Tigress Guest
    That is horrifying and sad, all at once

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmer927 View Post
    Isn't this how Dexter started?

It so is!!!!

MbalmR Guest
    Uh, I'm no expert, but a medical examiner can and should be able to tell the difference between bruising and decomposition. They are NOT the same, nor do they look the same, in my experience.

Guest Guest
    was there an autopsy done?.... or are they assuming that it was a cocaine overdose?.............. who the hell does cocaine with kidney problems?

AFoolandHisMonkey Guest
    I was looking for updates on this story, but can't find any yet. But here's a newer story, which includes a (wedding?) photo of her and the ex. A friend is quoted as saying Julie was diabetic and thinks she had a "diabetic attack" and fell. Sounds like toxicology results are still pending.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008...oducer_-1.html

letty1970 Guest
    Thats really sad. poor little girl. When my friend was killed by her partner, he left their 5 yr old son with her body while he ran out. He lost his mummy and daddy all on the same day. He also saw his poor mother die. I still cant get over that. He is doing ok so I have heard.

burgtwngrl Guest
    that is just horrifying!

letty1970 Guest
    You have to feel so sad for little kids that just see and hear to much, before they even understand it.

Nerak Guest
    poor poor little kid
    I have a sneaking suspicion the ex-hubby had soemthing to do with it....

mcconk2 Guest
    and abusive wives stop right????

Quote Originally Posted by ad nauseam View Post
    Sounds really really fishy, don't you think? Abusive ex husbands don't usually stop being abusive until someone dies, right? Used his kid as a human shield. Would seem to me that he has little regard for the child so why not kill the mom and leave her there? Fucking scum. Even if he didn't kill her, he should be suspect #1.

doomflower Guest
    It's probably an overdose that killed her...

Investigators found an empty glassine envelope, containing a residue of cocaine, near her corpse, sources said.
    As for the kid, she's very lucky to be alive. And since she's only 2, chances are she won't remember a thing.

STORMIE Guest
    I so hope this child does not remember anything! The thought of that poor baby alone, not knowing why mommy doesn't wake up, oh God!

RetroFanatic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Armcast View Post
    The thought of that little girl clutching to her dead mom is just plain heartbreaking...

I agree. She's only 2 years old and that's much too young to make sense of the situation. But I hope it doesn't affect her mental state in the long run.