Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Which unsolved crime/death would you most like to see solved?

I've been studying the Keddie Murders for a while now and I (along with so many others) would love to see this case finally solved.

Forum: www.KeddieMurdersFilm.com

The site owner and his crew filmed a two-part documentary on this case and is available for purchase on the site. It's a fascinating, sordid tale and it left 4 innocent people dead. Most are in agreement of who the murderer(s) were, but there will likely never be a conviction in this case.
    "Addiction is a snowball-effect. It can grow to the size of Everest, and this summit has the power to crush a thousand men." - Me.

Is there a thread for Wayne Williams, aka the Atlanta Child Murders? I watched a really good show the other night on CNN hosted by Soledad O'Brien - excellent. I believe he is right where he belongs.
    "I guess every form of refuge has its price"...

Morto Guest
    Jack the Ripper

Mammy Guest
    I still think of little HaLeigh Cummings everyday and wonder where she is. Her case has gone cold and I am afraid that she will never be found.

BarefootOkieGal Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HistoryBuff View Post
    Three cases from the past that have always intrigued me:

Glenn Miller, the famous bandleader of the '40s, who was flying to Europe to entertain the troops during WWII when his plane disappeared in 1944. No traces of the plane or any of its occupants were ever found.

All very intriguing stuff for a HistoryBuff like me!
    I'll have to do some more research (it's been a few years) but I believe that I read that they HAD figured out what happened to Glenn Miller - he was downed by "friendly fire!"

According to what I read (and it's been a little while, so excuse any errors in my memory) an RAF squadron had been on a bombing run, and it was common practice for them to ditch any unused bombs before they landed. There was an RAF plane which spotted a small aircraft just as they let go of their bombs, and they did not see the plane afterward. The craft that was spotted fit the description of the plane Glenn Miller was riding in. I don't recall if they determined that Glenn Miller had been accidentally killed at that point, or if it all came out later, but this is the latest info that I've run into. They may have been aware of it at the time but decided NOT to release the information due to the loss of morale!

Here is a link that I've found that details this possible explanation: http://www.stelzriede.com/ms/html/mshwma22.htm
    Last edited by BarefootOkieGal; 02-03-2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Adding a link

Bessolo Guest
    Thanks BarefootOkieGal, you jogged a memory that jibes with that story. The feel good propaganda during WWII was a critical element that kept the home fires burning and cannot be overlooked. Many of the scrap drives didn't actually help the war effort but it made the public feel more involved etc. The reduction in speed limits wasn't so much to reduce fuel consumption but to reduce tire wear as these were the days before widespread use of synthetic rubber and our source for natural rubber had been cut off from the war in the Pacific.

Side note: your screen name makes me think of Judy Canova LOL

darlingmissmarple Guest
    Hands Down Jon Benet

then

The Zodiac Killer

Quote Originally Posted by orionova View Post
    I recall a case in Australia about three kids going to the beach, and never being seen again. I'd love to know what happened.
    That's the one I was thinking of. They were brothers and sisters??

RIP Heath Ledger 1979-2008

Quote Originally Posted by HistoryBuff View Post
    Just thought of another one, from the annals of history -

King Edward V and the Duke of York - were they murdered in the Tower of London on the orders of Richard III?
    The Little Princes?? like 12 or 13?

RIP Heath Ledge 1979-2008
    Last edited by suzycreamcheese1; 02-04-2011 at 02:37 AM. Reason: spelling

Australia

The baby that vanished? The parents claim a dingo took her?

Last edited by suzycreamcheese1; 02-04-2011 at 02:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    there is a book called "Jack the Ripper case closed" by Patricia Cornwell I think she solved it really I do, she did some deep research and I can't remember the guys name off the top of my head but she determined it was this artist who had mutilated boy parts and couldn't perform sexually hence fueling his rage, paintings he did were similar to crime scenes this was before anyone ever saw any photos...it's a good read but I think she figured it out
    I actually own the book! It is intrigueing! (sp?)

RIP Heath Ledger 1979-2009

Oogie Boogie Guest

If You Could Find the Answer to Any Unresolved Death

So, imagine there is a huge book somewhere that contains the true and absolute answers surrounding the circumstances of any death. You are allowed to read the book and get the real story, but you are only allowed to look up one death. Which one would you choose and why?

Cettie Guest
    I would choose to learn the full back story of why my friend Dorothy died. Her wretched brother didn't even tell me that she died, choosing instead for me to find out by making a 5 hour drive to go see her only to find out once there that she'd died 3 months before. He was equally callous when their brother died. Someday karma is going to bite him hard.

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Wow, he sounds like a real piece of work! I am a firm believer in Karma and he will definitely get a bite taken out of his ass sooner or later.

I've been so intrigued about the death of Karyn Kupcinet through Scott's write up on FAD. The parents think it's Andrew Prine, but Karyn's niece, Kari, charged (informally) the estate of David Lange because he had a crush on her. Others think that it may have been a break-in because of the condition of her apartment. I don't believe it was Andrew Prine and I'm leaning towards David Lange possibly. It's such a mystery and still affects the family to this day, and it would be great if the family got the closure they need.

And Cettie, I'm so sorry for your loss. From this end it sounds suspicious, but of course I don't have the full story. I hope that you get the full story and the closure you also deserve.

radiojane Guest
    I'd love to know what the hell went on when my dad was operated on before he died. He suffered a stroke after gastric bypass surgery, but what killed him was, of all things gall stones. The doctor swears they weren't there when he operated, but the pathologist who did his autopsy begs to differ. I'd love to know if the first guy fucked up.

I would love to find out why my daughter died in the prime of her life in such unholy agony when abot 2 weeks earlier they said she was improving and they finally found a close donor for bone marrow.
    I would like to find out why there's a Leukemia cluster in NJ that nobody talks about
    but I have to say that they did alot of stories on the breast cancer cluster in Toms River.
    Why did she who loved life so much die and a miserable person like me who detests his life made it thru my own cancer.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

The Memphis 3. The boys who were murdered. I would really like to know who committed those atrocities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    I would love to find out why my daughter died in the prime of her life in such unholy agony when abot 2 weeks earlier they said she was improving and they finally found a close donor for bone marrow.
    I would like to find out why there's a Leukemia cluster in NJ that nobody talks about
    but I have to say that they did alot of stories on the breast cancer cluster in Toms River.
    Why did she who loved life so much die and a miserable person like me who detests his life made it thru my own cancer.
    I'm so very very sorry. Please accept my prayers and sympathy.

Mammy Guest
    Jersey, I am sorry for the loss of your little girl and your obvious pain in having to live your life without her. It is so hard to understand why young, innocent people die from cancer. It isn't fair and it sucks! It pisses me off to no end to think of how many horrible people populate this planet, yet a innocent girl is taken for no reason. My heart hurts for you. As for the thread topic, my answer is Haleigh Cummings. That little girl's face haunts me like no other case ever has before. I think about her everyday. She went missing two years ago today. I just want her to be found and laid to rest like she deserves. I am so afraid she will never be found and her case never solved. I can't stand the thought of her being a "missing child" forever and never knowing what happened to her. She deserves so much better!

Klopek Guest
    Family and friends notwithstanding, I would have to say in order:
    1: JFK
    2: Amelia Earhart
    3: Jimmy Hoffa
    4: Michael Rockefeller

DonnaMc Guest
    Sorry for your loss Jersey.

Jimmy Hoffa would be my 1st choice.

So sorry again about your tragic loss. As a father of a daughter it gives me great pain to imagine what you're going through. No person should ever have to experience what you have.

When I was 12 my mom died of an apparent suicide. I lived at the time with my dad so I wasn't there but they said she got into a fight with her husband, locked herself in her room, then drank alcohol and consumed some pills which killed her.

What gets me is according to the police report, the fight happened at 10 pm on a Wednesday, but wasn't discovered by her husband until 3 pm the next day. That huge time difference has alwys bothered me. I'd like to know if she died quickly, or as a result of not being checked on for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    When I was 12 my mom died of an apparent suicide. I lived at the time with my dad so I wasn't there but they said she got into a fight with her husband, locked herself in her room, then drank alcohol and consumed some pills which killed her.

What gets me is according to the police report, the fight happened at 10 pm on a Wednesday, but wasn't discovered by her husband until 3 pm the next day. That huge time difference has alwys bothered me. I'd like to know if she died quickly, or as a result of not being checked on for so long.

Oh how very sad Paul. I am sorry for the loss of your mother. You no doubt worry she was alone for so long with no one looking in on her, I cannot presume to know her feelings but she must have felt hopeless on some level Again I am sorry --12 is a very vulnerable age to lose a parent.

ryanolivia Guest
    Jon Benet

DonnaMc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanolivia View Post
    Jon Benet
    That one too.

my goddaughters cause of death is listed as SUID which basicly means there was nothing wrong with her. So, why did her heart just suddenly stop beating?
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

1. Tupac
    2. Jon Benet
    3. Natalee Holloway

id juggle those around probably going with Tupac.

Sometimes our saints are sinners
    They blur the lines and lead the way
    Their way
    Raise hell and a glass in reverence
    The fearless lives of our great saints

Disco.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Disco.

Well, Dicso either died of a cocaine overdose or was smothered by a polyester leisure suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    Oh how very sad Paul. I am sorry for the loss of your mother. You no doubt worry she was alone for so long with no one looking in on her, I cannot presume to know her feelings but she must have felt hopeless on some level Again I am sorry --12 is a very vulnerable age to lose a parent.
    You're very kind, thank you. I ended up moving in with my dad due to a previous "suicide" attempt. The thing is, her attempts were more like cries for help as opposed to genuine attempts. Like the first one she took pills and alcohol and then calls my dad to tell him she'll be dead soon and to come get us. Ofcourse, he calls 911 and she is still conscience when they got there. I can't help but feel at the time of her death it was a similar situation. Her husband was right downstairs yet he doesn't check up on her until 3pm the next day?

Quote Originally Posted by Oogie Boogie View Post
    Well, Dicso either died of a cocaine overdose or was smothered by a polyester leisure suit.

Woooo, gnarly.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

I would like to know exactly what happenned to JFK. The more I research it the more I am unsure. I thought for sure there was more to it than L Oswald but then I watched Vincent Bugliosi's mock trial about it and I don't know again.

Bugliosi is someone I admire deeply and if he thinks Oswald was the only one envolved then...

Birthplace of the Rocky Horror Picture Show
    i personally would like to see the boy in the box solved, 1957 he was found, and to this day hasnt been identified, battered and bruised and left in a box all alone, and we still cant call him by his name

http://www.crimemagazine.com/boy-box...-unknown-child
    I love you and miss you dad, Antun Perdija 27-06-41 - 28-12-00
    RIP Daniel Colvin 5 June 1974 - 7 June 2011, Best Friend, lover, fiancee

RIP David Edgar, 2 Dec 1953 - 10 June 2011, Uncle
    RIP Agnes Steele Edgar, 17 May 1926 - 4 July 2011, Grandmother

radiojane Guest
    I would like to know exactly what happenned to JFK. The more I research it the more I am unsure. I thought for sure there was more to it than L Oswald but then I watched Vincent Bugliosi's mock trial about it and I don't know again.

Bugliosi is someone I admire deeply and if he thinks Oswald was the only one envolved then...

JFK is such a cluster isn't it?!! The more you know, the less you know it seems....

I do wonder about Ambrose Small... He just vanished.

blonde_noir Guest
    The Black Dahlia case.

Paul, haven't been on this thread in a little I didn't realize about your mother. So sorry. I hope someday you find the answer out and hopefuly it will bring you eventual comfort and closure. (((GUY HUG)))
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy86 View Post
    I've been studying the Keddie Murders for a while now and I (along with so many others) would love to see this case finally solved.

Forum: www.KeddieMurdersFilm.com

The site owner and his crew filmed a two-part documentary on this case and is available for purchase on the site. It's a fascinating, sordid tale and it left 4 innocent people dead. Most are in agreement of who the murderer(s) were, but there will likely never be a conviction in this case.
    Who do they think it was?
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

BigBootyJudy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiDeathy View Post
    i personally would like to see the boy in the box solved, 1957 he was found, and to this day hasnt been identified, battered and bruised and left in a box all alone, and we still cant call him by his name

http://www.crimemagazine.com/boy-box...-unknown-child
    I was just thinking about him the other day too! On February 25th it will be the 54 year anniversary of his body being discovered. I just can't understand how no one will claim this child. I would have to assume whomever killed him is probably very old or very possibly dead and there are people out there who knew of this child's exisitence yet no one has come forward.

Paul, haven't been on this thread in a little I didn't realize about your mother. So sorry. I hope someday you find the answer out and hopefuly it will bring you eventual comfort and closure. (((GUY HUG)))
    I appreciate that. (((GUY HUGS BACK)))

I appreciate that. (((GUY HUGS BACK)))

That's great about the guy hug return but now you have to realize I need to watch some guy girl porn. OK?

radiojane Guest
    That's great about the guy hug return but now you have to realize I need to watch some guy girl porn. OK?

While fixing something and grunting very masculinely right?

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    while fixing something and grunting very masculinely right?

r r r all men are pigs
    Last edited by Jerseysucks; 02-11-2011 at 03:04 PM.

FizzyGrissom Guest
    JFK
    Bob Crane
    Jack The Ripper

Lout_Rampage Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by suzycreamcheese View Post
    The baby that vanished? The parents claim a dingo took her?

I'm pretty sure that it's been determined that the parents were telling the truth.

babyblujems Guest
    Molly Bish hands down. She was my sisters good friend abducted from Commons Pond where she worked as a lifeguard. Her mom dropped her off for work one morning and by the time people started showing up at the beach she was gone. Her dad was a probation officer and they thought it was one of his guys getting revenge. Then they thought it was Dave Johnson Sr. (my fiancées best friend's dad) then they just ripped through every male in town. But Warren, MA is a tiny town with a murder like once every 100 years. They didn't find her body for a number of years abd that was found by hikers. They checked the river and everything beforehand. They arrested someone awhile back but I guess it never panned out. The sad thing is there was a suicide pact that a lot of her friends were in on, including my sister, it went something like if she wasn't found in 45 days they would jump off this bridge in West Brookfield, my sister told the cops about it once she got her head clear and only one person ended up being injured, however she ended up brain damaged. I would really love to see it solved cause I think it would ease some of my sister's guilt and I hope it would clear the names of some of my, and my fiancées, friends dad's. Also I wouldn't think my house was so creepy at night, I always feel like she's watching me through our sliding glass door cause the pond isn't too far from my backyard. Weird I know but I blame it on my mom lol

stephenmiller Guest
    Anyone remember the famous Judge Crater case in 1930? He left his office on a Friday afternoon, said "See you Monday", got into a cab, and was never seen again!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblujems View Post
    Molly Bish hands down. She was my sisters good friend abducted from Commons Pond where she worked as a lifeguard. Her mom dropped her off for work one morning and by the time people started showing up at the beach she was gone. Her dad was a probation officer and they thought it was one of his guys getting revenge. Then they thought it was Dave Johnson Sr. (my fiancées best friend's dad) then they just ripped through every male in town.
    This story was from 2 years ago--- so they couldn't pin it on this creep after all?

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.s...bish_case.html

This Rodney Stanger killed and just about decapitated his longtime GF, allegedly when she was on the verge of sharing her knowledge of his possible involvement withe Molly Bish's murder. The couple had lived in the area before they went to Florida, and as you can see, he does bear an uncanny resemblance to the man Molly's mother had seen hanging around the pond just prior to the girl's disappearance.

An interesting detail, when you read through the comments on this and related stories, was that the GF's daughter (by a previous marriage) had indeed been acquainted with Molly.

Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    There are limitless cases I'd love to KNOW the true answers to, among them are:
    J.F.K.
    Marilyn Monroe
    Adam Walsh
    Nicole Brown & Ron Goldman
    The Black Dahlia
    Jon Benet Ramsey
    9/11....yeah, I know which terrorists took control of the flights....but I wonder if there is more to know about the darkest day in American history.
    and.....my brother, Jim. I have a gut feeling that his death was not a suicide.

As Xena said......I'm sure that more will come to mind as time goes on.
    I felt compelled to write, because apparently we have something (terrible) in common. I don't believe my brother took his own life, I believe he was murdered. And there's not a damned thing I can do about it.

I'm not sure I could watch it (okay, I know I couldn't) but I want to know what happened. It has destroyed me, and I just, I think if I knew, I could move on. But I don't, so I can't, and as you likely know, that's like a purgatory from which one cannot escape.

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

And yeah, JonBenet DID come to mind. As did Jack Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe. And William Shatner's wife, I think her name was Nerrine or something. And Brian Jones... no way did it go down like they say it did. And Adam Walsh. Okay, I'll stop, but there really are so many. Oops, one more, a pet cause of mine: Madeleine McCann. That one's haunted me for years.

(Damn, my posts are always too long... and I apologize for that. Hopefully, my exploding head finish helps a bit. I am, apparently, unable to write a short post.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)