Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which unsolved crime/death would you most like to see solved?

Guest Guest
    I'm also still on the Stacy Peterson train as well...her hubby had a set back seams those overhears by his former friend are real after all and the judge has them and is reviewing them...she so did not leave her kids and family behind

letty1970 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    I have a personal one as well

My friend Stephan Folsom was killed by a stray bullet during a drive by shooting back in 1995, there was an altercation between apartment security and a car load of gang members, the gang was told to leave the parking lot which they did only to drive up the street turn around and drive back to the complex they opened fire, the security guard was hit in the leg and survived, my friend however was sitting on his sofa in his second floor apartment, the bullet went through the exterior wall through the sofa and hit Stephan in the back, he said "I've been hit...call 911" hit the floor and was gone, he was only 29 years old and had been married to my best friend less than 2 months, his wife overdosed 8 months later, she just couldn't live without him

his killers have never been caught, as far as I'm concerned they killed 2 people that night, she died with him, it's been 13 years and every year on October 20th we still have a vigil where he died, we still put up posters and we still get nothing to help find who did this, Stephan was a good person, a big ole teddy bear, like a brother to me, hard working, giving, caring, president of his neighborhood Safe Streets program was known for spending his weekends off running the elderly on their shopping errands, helping them out free of charge with odd jobs or cleaning or laundry, just a great guy, Dar had his cremated and he was sprinkled over Mt Rainier...I think of him every day and I see him all I have to do is look at that Mountain.
    Awww that is so very sad. Why does this happen to such good people. It is very hard to make sence of life when crap like this happens. Im so sorry you lost 2 lovely people from your life. xxxx

Natalie Holloway and Chandra Levy.

Tracyb24 Guest
    The Zodiac. God please. My mama is obsessed. I'm tired of hearing it.

My_Smiling_Skull Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KCSunshine View Post
    Black Dahlia.

most definately.....
    and the entire family in that farm house right around 1910... god where WAS that! Iowa?? The place has been restored to a tourist attraction now.....

Somebody help! I have my facts all mixed up LOL

My_Smiling_Skull Guest
    I forgot a few.......

Adam Walsh
    Madeline McCann
    Jimmy Hoffa
    Biggie and 2Pac
    ABSOLUTELY Caylee

and Amelia Earhart!!!!

And in keeping with my av and a recent rumor I heard...... I want to know if Layne Staley overdosed on purpose or if his body just gave out with his last shot of a speedball, and was a certain someone really with him and left him to die without calling for help?

I would like to see these solved!

Nathalie Holloway
    Marilyn Monroe
    George Reeves
    Anna Nichole Smith
    and one from my Province, horrific story -

CUMBERLAND BEACH, ONT.–Lora Sousa knows that someone remembers a lot about a hot August night in 1990.

It was the night her 13-year-old daughter Leah was raped and murdered in their small cottage just off the shores of Lake Couchiching, north of Orillia.

Lora Sousa, who was beaten and left for dead in her own bedroom while her daughter was murdered a few short feet away, is still reeling from the loss.

"I'm screaming inside," said Sousa, who now lives far from her former home at Beachview Ave.

The dozens of Ontario Provincial Police officers who have worked the case for the past two decades have interviewed nearly 1,500 people and have never given up hope of finding Leah's murderer.

And maybe that persistence has paid off.

Less than 10 days ago, OPP received a new tip from a source suggesting police might want to look in the ditches on the other side of Highway 11 across from Cumberland Beach for the murder weapon.

Yesterday, six OPP officers walked shoulder-to-shoulder in grid fashion along a 140-metre-wide swath of scrub, beating the bush with rakes and pitchforks as they searched for a heavy blunt object.

"We believe we're looking for something like a crowbar," said Det. Insp. Mark Pritchard of the OPP as they continued their search.

Pritchard believes the increase of the reward from $25,000 to $50,000, along with a new billboard campaign along Highway 11, north of Barrie, will increase their chances of putting the pieces of the puzzle together. The billboard shows a Grade 8 graduation photo of the beautiful blond girl, with a simple question: "Do You Know Who Killed Leah Sousa?"

They've doubled the number of detectives assigned to the case and are imploring the public to come forward with anything they can remember from the early hours of the morning of Sept. 1, 1990.

"No matter how insignificant a piece of information may appear, it may lead us to the clues we need," said Pritchard, adding, "Nothing is insignificant."

In addition to their renewed focus on the murder, Pritchard said new forensic testing capabilities are also offering police an opportunity to test trace amounts of evidence left at the scene a long time ago.

Although traditional nuclear DNA might not be available, he said, mitochondrial DNA – a very small yet prominent organelle within a cell – is now capable of being tested for clues to its owner. Recently, a sample of the mitochondrial DNA was sent to a laboratory in Pennsylvania for additional testing.

Lora Sousa suffered severe head trauma, was hospitalized for three weeks after the attack and, perhaps thankfully, has no memory of what the Orillia OPP have called one of the most violent, horrific unsolved murders in Ontario's history. Sousa's son Michael, the only witness to the murder, was only 9 months old when Leah was murdered.

"There's a cold-blooded killer out there – someone who knows what happened to my daughter – and they haven't come forward," Lora Sousa said, the anguish in her voice still fresh, as if the death happened only days ago.

"How would you feel if your only daughter was raped, brutalized and murdered? I am lost here on Earth. I often feel I don't belong here, that I should be in heaven with her."

The lead investigator, Deputy Commissioner Vince Hawkes of the OPP's Investigations and Organized Crime unit, is hopeful that finding the murder weapon and the new forensic analysis will enable his officers to continue their investigation.

"We now have new blood stain analysis, we can profile the murderers – this touches on a lot of different areas of expertise that we didn't have at the time," said Hawkes. "We will continue to work this file and I'm confident we'll find the people responsible."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Leah Sousa.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	10831  
    "I guess every form of refuge has its price"...

Lout_Rampage Guest
    Black Dahlia, Zodiac, Cleveland Torso Murders

Lout_Rampage Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Smiling_Skull View Post
    most definately.....
    and the entire family in that farm house right around 1910... god where WAS that! Iowa?? The place has been restored to a tourist attraction now.....

Somebody help! I have my facts all mixed up LOL
    Villasca, Iowa. I think I spelled that right.

My_Smiling_Skull Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lout_Rampage View Post
    Villasca, Iowa. I think I spelled that right.

My smart self should have read a couple pages back first and I would have seen the answer the first time
    But thanks rampage for helping me out **squeeze**

Nicki Guest
    I'd Love to see the Jon BenetRamsay Case solved.
    Last edited by Nicki; 12-15-2008 at 12:01 AM.

HKWolf Guest
    Oakland County Child Murders
    What happened to Paige Renkowski?

Just read that link on Sharon Marshall.....wow!

Great thread, Ivy!

jz63 Guest
    Zodiac would be my first choice as it has bugged the heck outta me since I saw a documrntay about unsloved murders on HBO as a child.. must have bene around 1979-80? The Zodiac segment scared the poop out of me.

Second would be the whole truth about the Locust Grove Oklahoma Girl Scout Camp murders. the girls were the same age as me and the whole thing really freaked everyone out in Tulsa (my hometown). Gene Hart was probably guilty but I wouldn;t be surprised if there wasn't at least another person involved.

My_Smiling_Skull Guest
    I want to know if my husband's brother's suicide was intentional or an accident. He was 14, on Paxil thanks to his worthless parents, and found hanging off his bedroom door by my husband and his younger brother and sister (who was 11 at the time)....
    Wade thinks he got up on that milk crate, panicked and slipped off, but I just don't know....
    I'll never try to change his mind though, I think it helped him to deal with it even though it took him these last 8 years to move past it

Gorey Guest
    I would have to say Caylee Anthony and Cleveland Torso murders.

RubySlippers Guest
    Adam Walsh.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Adam Walsh

Black Dahlia

My sister's murder.
    and
    JonBenet Ramsey
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

leemieczct Guest
    Dorothy KIlgallen

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KCSunshine View Post
    Black Dahlia.
    Yeah me too.

RoRo Guest
    i have to go with so many others ...
    Black Dahlia
    Zodiac
    JonBenet

Vintage_Vixen Guest
    George Reeves

The Lindbergh Kidnapping/Murder.
    Because I still Think that Bruno Hauptmann
    was innocent of the crime.

JestersKiss Guest
    Jimmy Hoffa, Nicole Simpson, JFK

kandykisses Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
    JonBenet Ramsey... enough said.
    ditto or Marilyn Monroe.

FannyB1923 Guest
    I'm following the Smiley Face Killer developing story. It's interesting in that it sounds like a gang , not just a lone serial killer.

A few years ago, a young man from this area disappeared and then was found weeks later floating in the East River in NYC- all the earmarks of Smiley Face.

It would be good for the families to have some answers.

crescentia Guest
    Jack The Ripper.

I have always been fascinated by the case.

bluesma Guest
    Zodiac!
    JonBenet

Kaitlyn Arquette
    http://kaitarquette.arquettes.com/
    It's been wayyyy too long for her parents....they need answers!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    so many,
    Jack the Ripper
    Zodiak
    Black Dahlia
    Natalie Holloway
    Lacey Peterson
    Caylee Anthony - let's hope!

way to long for what? Tina ( mom )

Pamebabby Guest
    There are lots, JonBenet, Marilyn, Elizabeth Short, Son of Sam, Jeff MacDonald's family, and just how many victims did Manson's gang really kill? Any crime that gets lots of media attention usually interests me. Oh, and while Im at it, Anna Nicole Smith and her son. WTF happenened to all of them?

GaSpartan Guest
    JonBenet....because I've seen some autopsy photos and whoever did that needs to get their nuts twisted.

Villisca and the Camp Scott (Girl Scout) murders are two I'll always wonder about, but the story that has creeped me out for many years is the girls who disappeared from the Seminary South mall in Ft. Worth in 1974. I grew up in Ft. Worth, and am the same age as one of the girls. It's fascinating (in an awful, horrible sort of way) when people simply disappear without a trace. Here's a link:

http://www.missingtrio.com/TRIO/index.htm
    Just drink lots of Kool-Aid, and take one of these blue pills three times a day.

More Cheese Please Guest
    Marsha Trimble... haunted me since I was a kid in TN.... It really changed us in Nashville, as a community, as a whole.. it was horrible....not to be overly dramatic but, "innocence lost" applies....

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?s=7395835

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/ne...iewStory=58140

Gemeris Guest
    JonBenet. I remember when I first heard about her I though "I can't wait until they find out who did this and fry them". Still waiting...

~Gem

carrieann Guest
    Anna Waters, Trenton Ducket, Jacob Wetterling and Stacey Peterson.

Nelliebean Guest

My favorite.

The boy in the box murder. It still bothers me.

http://boyinthebox.bravehost.com/

http://americasunknownchild.net/48Hours.htm
    Last edited by Nelliebean; 01-05-2009 at 11:36 PM.

leemieczct Guest
    John Kennedy
    Dorothy Kilgallen
    Jack Ruby

Adam Walsh case has been resolved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

RebelRocker Guest

a local case from hayward, ca

Michaela Joy Garecht
    Missing since November 19, 1988 from Hayward, Alameda County, California.
    Classification: Non Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: January 24, 1979
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 9 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'8; 75 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes. Michaela has prominent ears and her eyes slant slightly downward.
    Dentals: Her teeth are slightly mottled. Dental X-rays Available.
    Clothing: White t-shirt with Metro written across the front and images of people imprinted on the midsection, pant or shorts, flesh-colored nylons, black cloth shoes with brown plastic soles.
    Jewelry: 3" Pearl-colored or white earrings which resembled feathers.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Garecht was abducted by an unidentified White male on the parking lot of the Rainbow Market on Mission Boulevard in Hayward, California on November 19, 1988. Garecht had ridden her bicycle with a friend, the two blocks from her home to the store. When they came out of the store, the friend's scooter had been moved. Garecht saw the scooter in the parking lot and was lured to the kidnapper. He grabbed her and threw her, screaming, into his car while her friend watched. The friend ran into the store for help. The car sped off.

The car the kidnapper was driving was described to police as a large older model American-made sedan, gold or tan in color, in ratty condition, possibly a four-door. The car may have had cement splattered on the sides, and lights set into the rear bumper. It was last seen speeding south on Mission Boulevard toward the nearby Union City border.

The abductor is described as having long, dirty blonde hair; a slender build; and a pockmarked or pimpled face. He was approximately 18 - 24 years old at the time of Garecht's abduction. A sketch of her abductor is below:

Sketch of Abductor can be seen at below link.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning Garecht's whereabouts or the identity of her abductor, please contact:
    Hayward Police Department 510-293-7272
    All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

Agency Case Number: 88112127
    NCMEC #: NCMC717172
    NCIC Number: M-566376392

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
    CA DOJ
    The Doe Network: Case File 181DFCA

LINK:
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/181dfca.html

Camp Scott Oklahoma Girl Scout Murders
    Cabin 28: Keddie Murders

RogerV Guest

Ruth Baumgardner

Ruth Baumgardner

Above Images: Baumgardner, approximate date 1937

Missing Person Information

Missing Since: May 4, 1937 from Delaware, Ohio

Classification: Endangered Missing
    Height and Weight: 5'5, 110 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue/gray eyes. Baumgardner has an irregular light streak in the hair on the left side of her head and a dimple in her chin. Her nickname is Ruthie. Baumgardner has had bridgework done on her teeth.
    Clothing/Jewelry Description: Possibly a brown suit, a sport hat, and brown suede gillie shoes which tied at the ankle.

Case Story
    Baumgardner was a senior at Ohio Wesleyan University in 1937; she was an art major. She belonged to the Delta Delta Delta (or "Tri-Delt") sorority and lived alone in room 319 in Austin Hall on the Ohio Wesleyan campus. She resided with her parents in the 2000 block of Arthur Avenue in Lakewood, Ohio when she was not at college.
    On the evening of her disappearance, Baumgardner practiced for a singing competition, then studied in her dormitory for a test which was scheduled the following day. Her sorority sisters last saw her shortly after 11:00 p.m. on May 4, 1937. She had her hair up in curlers and pins and was behaving normally at the time. Sometime before midnight she said goodbye to her friends. She has never been seen or heard from again.

The Tri-Delts alerted campus authorities about Baumgardner's disappearance at 10:30 p.m. the following day, when they realized she had not attended any of her classes. Subsequent investigation revealed that someone, probably Baumgardner herself, had left her dormitory room key on the back corner of an Austin Hall staircase between the second and third floors. Her new red Dodge was found parked undisturbed in its regular garage; the key was in the ignition.

Baumgardner's room was in perfect order, which is uncharacteristic of her. Her bed did not appear to have been slept in, her hair pins had been put away, and her pajamas and robe were hanging in the closet. The alarm clock had been set for 6:00 a.m. and had run down, indicating that she got up at that time on May 5 and left Austin Hall without being seen. She is believed to have been carrying an old handbag at the time, and probably no more then $5 in cash. Baumgardner's watch, sorority pin and some loose change were left behind in her room.

Initially it was believed that Baumgardner had suffered an amnesiac episode and wandered away from campus. The theory was bolstered by several reported sightings of her in the Delaware area in the days following her disappearance. None of the sightings were confirmed, however. At the time she went missing, Baumgardner was worried about whether she would get enough credit hours to graduate on schedule, and in the last letter she wrote to her parents she stated that she had many things to and did not know how she was going to do them all, and she was "very, very tired." However, she was never located, which is unusual in cases of amnesiac disappearances.

Authorities investigated the possibility that Baumgardner left of her own accord, possibly with a boyfriend, since several of the reported sightings placed her with a young man. However, Baumgardner was happily engaged to her boyfriend in Lakewood and her friends did not believe she was seeing anyone else. There is also no evidence of foul play in her case, although a local resident living near the Ohio Wesleyan campus reported hearing screams between 2:00 and 3:00 a.m. on May 5. Little evidence is available in Baumgardner's case. Her disappearance is no longer being investigated by police due to the passage of time, but her case remains a mystery.

Last edited by RogerV; 01-06-2009 at 04:00 PM.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Interesting case Roger.

In no particular order:
    1. The Black Dahlia
    2. Jack The Ripper
    3. Vallisca Axe Murders
    4. The Boy in the Box (heartbreaking...heartbreaking...heartbreaking)
    5. Jon Benet Ramsey

The following I'd like to know more about the circumstances of the murder, but think that absolutely the right person is generally held responsible (if not accountable....Orenthal James....)

1. Tsar Nicholas II and his family
    2. Ron Goldman and Nichole Brown
    3. Laci and Conner Peterson
    4. Adam Walsh (What took so long?)
    5. Caylee Anthony
    6. Natalee Holloway
    7. Damien and Devon Routier

I would have to say Jon Benet and Zodiac are at the top. It's interesting to note on Zodiac that there's speculation more than one person was involved - and one of the people highly suspected was Bruce Davis of the Manson Family! The authorities were able to trace his activity to where he could have been at the top of the suspect list.

jarrett622 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
    JonBenet Ramsey... enough said.
    Yep, same here. Poor baby. She'd be almost 18 had she lived, wouldn't she?

Quote Originally Posted by kaseyko1 View Post
    - and one of the people highly suspected was Bruce Davis of the Manson Family! The authorities were able to trace his activity to where he could have been at the top of the suspect list.
    Wow I've never heard this before. I'll have to look into it. Very interesting and not out of the realm of possiblity. Do they think that two people collaborated to be Zodiac or that some of the killings were completely independant and attributed to someone else?

Hope that made sense.

Crimes I'd like a solution to? Mine come from my home city, Liverpool, England.

In the 30s there was a murder "Julia Wallace". There have been many books, articles etc - but the murderer remains unknown for sure. This is an extremely famous unsolved mystery.

In the late 40s there was a robbery in a cinema, resulting in two men being tried and convicted of murder. One hanged for the crime. From the time the men were convicted there was lots of speculation that this was a miscarriage of justice. Both men were pardoned in 2003?. This was the Cameo Murders, Cameo being the name of the cinema.

If anyone wants to read up on these facinating cases just google!