Page 1 of 11 12310 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 530

Thread: Which unsolved crime/death would you most like to see solved?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,197

    Question Which unsolved crime/death would you most like to see solved?

    The title of the thread is self-explanatory. I've seen this question posted on other forums and just wondered what your thoughts were. A popular answer, of course, is Jack the Ripper but I was wondering what other unsolved crimes intrigue us?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cornfield, Middle of Nowhere
    Posts
    1,193
    JonBenet Ramsey... enough said.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,875
    The Black Dahlia and the Zodiac cases come immediately to mind for me.
    <3 Rest Well, pvezz. <3

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,353
    the black dahlia

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    3,270
    Well, since OJ was declared innocent *choke puke gag* I'd like to know who killed Nicole and Ron Goldman.
    The Cabin Murders ( there is a thread on it somewhere)

    I'll think of more I'm sure

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,554
    One that's fascinated me since I was a child - D.B. Cooper.
    In memory of a wonderful actor who left us way too soon - William Holden 1918-1981.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    The Girl Scout Murders

    Johnny Gosch

    Jacob Wetterling

    Jodi Huisentruit

    And some local cold cases from here that I have researched.
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,728
    Jon Benet for sure

    ""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,776
    Jon Benet

    Paige Renkoski (local from where I grew up)

    Oakland County Child Killer

    DB Cooper

    Johnny Grosch

    Jodi Husientruit

    Jacob Wetterling

    I'm echoing Lisa L on some, and I'm sure both of us have read volumes on those cases and still think WTH????

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,595
    Nicole Brown/ Ronald Goldman
    Last edited by michael d; 09-14-2008 at 11:20 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    3,270
    JFK ( I still think there was more than one shooter involved!)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,776

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,595
    Emmett Till

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wichita Falls,TX
    Posts
    4,326
    Jon Benet

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,508
    I would like to know exactly what Scott did to Lacy and Connor Peterson


    What fresh hell is this ? ~ Dorothy Parker

    ]

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxofpandoraz View Post
    The Black Dahlia and the Zodiac cases come immediately to mind for me.
    I find those two fascinating as well. Also, who kidnapped the Beaumont children and who was Sharon Marshall?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Orange County CA
    Posts
    1,091
    The Black Dahlia
    Jonbenet Ramsey

    Thelma Todd (i don't believe it was carbon monoxide poisoning)
    Bubbles in an envelope

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,776
    Ohhhh Sharon Marshall! Good one, Ivy!

    I read the book about five times and it still give me heebies.

    Just, well, BAT SHIT crazy stuff.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    Johnny Grosch

    Jacob Wetterling

    I'm echoing Lisa L on some, and I'm sure both of us have read volumes on those cases and still think WTH????
    I've spent hours reading about those cases too. Fascinating and so tragic. The more I read on the Johnny Gosch case, the more complicated and confusing it seems.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,776
    Exactly.

    Read about Paige Renkoski, too. Not a whole lot on the web about her, I've written about her, but a total mystery. Vanished into thin air.

    Oakland County Child Killer is another WTF case. Avoid anything Helen whatshername, Dagner? says, she's a total crackpot.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,446
    There are limitless cases I'd love to KNOW the true answers to, among them are:
    J.F.K.
    Marilyn Monroe
    Adam Walsh
    Nicole Brown & Ron Goldman
    The Black Dahlia
    Jon Benet Ramsey
    9/11....yeah, I know which terrorists took control of the flights....but I wonder if there is more to know about the darkest day in American history.
    and.....my brother, Jim. I have a gut feeling that his death was not a suicide.

    As Xena said......I'm sure that more will come to mind as time goes on.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, CA, Currently in Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    3,992
    Kristen Smart
    Jodi Husientruit (disappeared on my b-day )
    Brian Shaffer

    Ok, I just want all the missing children/persons cases solved.

    But I do wonder about these though:

    Zodiac
    2 Pac Shakur



    There's no one better than Eddie Vedder! <3

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    I would like to know exactly what Scott did to Lacy and Connor Peterson


    Me too! I was so obsessed with this case way back

    ""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy


  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. James Dean View Post

    2 Pac Shakur
    Oh I can't believe I didn't think of that. Good one.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    Exactly.

    Read about Paige Renkoski, too. Not a whole lot on the web about her, I've written about her, but a total mystery. Vanished into thin air.

    Oakland County Child Killer is another WTF case. Avoid anything Helen whatshername, Dagner? says, she's a total crackpot.
    Thanks for the heads up, Mrs W. I'll look them up too.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. James Dean View Post
    Ok, I just want all the missing children/persons cases solved.
    Me too.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Mrs James Dean, re: Pac

    Did you ever read about the Rampart Scandal within LAPD and those two police officers that went down?

    A lot of people (including police officers) accept the theory that they killed Tupac on the orders of Sug Knight because Pac was going to leave Death Row.
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    and.....my brother, Jim. I have a gut feeling that his death was not a suicide.
    It must be terrible to live with that uncertainty, DJ.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    Tutankhamun
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, CA, Currently in Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    3,992
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Mrs James Dean, re: Pac

    Did you ever read about the Rampart Scandal within LAPD and those two police officers that went down?

    A lot of people (including police officers) accept the theory that they killed Tupac on the orders of Sug Knight because Pac was going to leave Death Row.
    YES, I read that! This case just baffles me and intrigues me so much. I mean nothing happen to Suge Knight that night. That man terrifies me!!!

    BTW -- Awesome thread Ivy!!
    Last edited by Mrs. James Dean; 09-14-2008 at 11:33 PM.



    There's no one better than Eddie Vedder! <3

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. James Dean View Post
    YES, I read that! This case just baffles me and intrigues me so much. I mean nothing happen to Suge Knight that night. That man terrifies me!!!
    The DVD of the movie Crash (excellent movie) has a docu on the end of it about the Rampart scandal and about those two cops.

    Its some spooky shit how Sug was sitting right next to him and not one thing happened to him.
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Tutankhamun
    Great one! I watched the docu that they thought he had been murdered...
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,102
    Jon Bennet
    Black Dahlia
    Bob Crane

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,728
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    The DVD of the movie Crash (excellent movie) has a docu on the end of it about the Rampart scandal and about those two cops.

    Its some spooky shit how Sug was sitting right next to him and not one thing happened to him.

    WOW! I have never heard this theory, just finished watching Resurrection....I love Tupac....

    What a cold bastard if he had him murdered....

    ""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy


  35. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,384


    My Sweet George Feb 25 1943 - November 29 2001
    Many thanks to IHTT for my FAB signature!

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadRinger View Post
    Ooh, yeah. I saw a double feature documentary not too long ago on the Wanda Beach murders and the Beaumont children.
    Last edited by Ivy; 09-14-2008 at 11:57 PM.

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. James Dean View Post
    BTW -- Awesome thread Ivy!!
    Thank you.

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, CA, Currently in Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    3,992
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    The DVD of the movie Crash (excellent movie) has a docu on the end of it about the Rampart scandal and about those two cops.

    Its some spooky shit how Sug was sitting right next to him and not one thing happened to him.
    Oh really? I've not seen that movie yet! eeek! I need to see it and now I want to see the documentary on those two cops!!



    There's no one better than Eddie Vedder! <3

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,619
    The Black Dahlia
    Mary Little
    JonBenet
    Tupac
    Biggie Smalls
    JFK
    Marilyn
    Kurt Cobain
    Atlanta's missing and murdered children--I don't think Wayne Williams was the only killer, if he even killed at all.
    Susan Johnson

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    2,593
    great thread ivy!

    the black dahlia, too exciting!
    jfk's assasination
    what really happened in jfk'jrs' plane

    for now....
    pull the string!

  41. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Concord , California, United States
    Posts
    7,032
    The Kevin Collins kidnapping. How a 10 year old sitting at a bus stop at oak and Masonic Streets in San Franciscos Haight-Ashbury can vanish without a trace is beyond me. That was 1984. To this day theyve never found him

  42. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by hell0kitty View Post
    great thread ivy!

    the black dahlia, too exciting!
    jfk's assasination
    what really happened in jfk'jrs' plane

    for now....
    Thanks, kitty. There's just so many when you start thinking about it, isn't there?

  43. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    france
    Posts
    520
    Jon benet

  44. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,349
    Zodiac, Zodiac, Zodiac.



  45. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    It must be terrible to live with that uncertainty, DJ.
    As awful as this feeling is, at least we know he is dead & will not be wandering back into our lives. That sounds rather harsh but compared to all of the folks on this planet whose loved ones have simply disappeared, living with the wondering is not as horrible as living without knowing anything.

    What a great thread you started, btw, Ivy! You rock! HagHugs, Dennis

  46. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, Formerly Chicago
    Posts
    398
    Zodiac

    Black Dahlia

    Who greenlighted "Gigli"

  47. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,257
    Black Dahlia

  48. #48
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    The title of the thread is self-explanatory. I've seen this question posted on other forums and just wondered what your thoughts were. A popular answer, of course, is Jack the Ripper but I was wondering what other unsolved crimes intrigue us?
    there is a book called "Jack the Ripper case closed" by Patricia Cornwell I think she solved it really I do, she did some deep research and I can't remember the guys name off the top of my head but she determined it was this artist who had mutilated boy parts and couldn't perform sexually hence fueling his rage, paintings he did were similar to crime scenes this was before anyone ever saw any photos...it's a good read but I think she figured it out

  49. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    As awful as this feeling is, at least we know he is dead & will not be wandering back into our lives. That sounds rather harsh but compared to all of the folks on this planet whose loved ones have simply disappeared, living with the wondering is not as horrible as living without knowing anything.

    What a great thread you started, btw, Ivy! You rock! HagHugs, Dennis
    Why, thank you! You're making me blush.

    Yes, you have a point that not knowing is definitely much worse.

  50. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    france
    Posts
    520
    I think the painter reffered to by Patricia Cornwell was called Walter Sickert, I read that he was abroad when some the killings happened. They did find dna on a shawl belonging to one of the victims but it was too degraded to be usful and a lot of the case files were destroyed in a bomb left by terrorists in the early 1900's

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •