Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which unsolved crime/death would you most like to see solved?

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    there is a book called "Jack the Ripper case closed" by Patricia Cornwell I think she solved it really I do, she did some deep research and I can't remember the guys name off the top of my head but she determined it was this artist who had mutilated boy parts and couldn't perform sexually hence fueling his rage, paintings he did were similar to crime scenes this was before anyone ever saw any photos...it's a good read but I think she figured it out
    hey Dearheart!
    I (very anxiously) read this book too (big Ripper freak here), and was disappointed when her theories were "ripped" by many experts...turns out she made some serious errors and leaps of faith in her research (most notably that her suspect--Walter Sickert--was in France during 4 of 5 of the murder nights). I don't think we'll ever really know, but this case, judging by most of the reviews I've read of Cornwell's book, is far from "closed"!

http://www.casebook.org/dissertation...ndsickert.html

http://writ.news.findlaw.com/dean/20021122.html

http://www.suite101.com/lesson.cfm/18593/1951/4

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    The freakin Black Dahlia...That one has got me so frickin mad...Somebody knows somethin...

Sam Guest
    The Andrew and Abby Borden murders.

melmoney Guest
    JonBenet, hands down.

Runner ups:

-Boca Raton mall murders
    -Zodiac
    -Huisentruit
    -Jennifer Kesse
    -Natalee Holloway

ShatteredMirror Guest
    I suppose Jack The Ripper is the most compelling for me. There's also Olaf Palme, the Swedish Prime Minister shot dead in the 80's. And Jimmy Hoffa, too.

Reecy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    JFK ( I still think there was more than one shooter involved!)
    I agree with you...

JFK
    Jon Benet Ramsey
    Natalie Holloway
    The Black Dahlia
    Tupac
    Biggy Smalls

And there's the one of the young girl that was killed and they thought the Blow dryer senator man killed her (I forgot her name). They found her body in a Washington park.

There's a local murder of a father and baby I would like to see solved.

Sean Aquitania and his 8 month old son. I'm not sure what all happened, but the young dad was killed in the house and his baby was shot while sitting in his carseat in the car point blank. My oldest son was friends with Sean and knows the mother of the baby....I can't imagine what she's going through.

It's been a year and so far nothing.
    "Dying is just nature's way of saying, hey, you're not alive anymore!"

leeny994 Guest
    Jon Binet Ramsey
    Nancy Spungeon (I think there is more that could be explored--just in case)
    The Zodiac
    Johnny Gosch

Cettie Guest
    On a less-known note I'd like to know what really happened to my cousin back in 1975. She disappeared one night while walking home and has never been heard from since. People heard screaming that night and one shoe by the roadside that was hers.

Who was Jack the Ripper?

Jon Benet

Jimmy Hoffa

Quote Originally Posted by Cettie View Post
    On a less-known note I'd like to know what really happened to my cousin back in 1975. She disappeared one night while walking home and has never been heard from since. People heard screaming that night and one shoe by the roadside that was hers.
    Oh my God! That's awful. How old was your cousin when she disappeared? I feel for you and your family. The not knowing what happened must drive you crazy.
    "Dying is just nature's way of saying, hey, you're not alive anymore!"

beatlebaby4 Guest
    There are so many.
    Jack the Ripper #1
    The Black Dahlia
    The Zodiac

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Natalee Holloway, definately.

I forgot about that one.

Seagorath Guest
    Boca Raton Parking Lot Murders (Mother and Young Child)
    MacDonald Family Murders
    Jon Benet
    Villisca Axe Murders (Probably too late)

BONUS: Cho's computer hard-drive (Can they find it?)

BAGOBONES Guest
    Biggie and Tupac
    but they pissed off the wrong police and police killed them so it will always just be a "mystery".

tommyjox Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    Natalee Holloway, definately.

I forgot about that one.
    In my opinion, I think they solved it, they just can't (will not), prosecute those responsible.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Boca Raton Parking Lot Murders (Mother and Young Child)
    MacDonald Family Murders
    Jon Benet
    Villisca Axe Murders (Probably too late)

BONUS: Cho's computer hard-drive (Can they find it?)
    Yeah I forgot about that one, the Villisca Axe murders for sure. That is such a sad story, those poor kids, the poor family. Everytime I see pics of the house and hear those evps it breaks my heart.

another good one...Jon Benet and Natalie Holloway

pinupgirl1948 Guest
    The 1979 murder of my childhood friend Susan Ovington and her friend Yvonne Bender.They were both shot to death at St.Paul woods in Morton Grove Illinois .The killer or killers were never caught and a motive was unclear

Old Soul Guest
    Agreed, i have a personal one too. My Uncle Charley got murdered rumored to be a forced overdose since there were no found gunshot/knife wounds for cause of death. He disappeared in july of 83, and they found his bones two years later in the dry river beads surrounding the San Bernardino mountain range in 85 just after i was born. He was identified by dental records and a passport his blue jeans. Story goes he was double crossed by some unsavory forign cocaine dealers over 500,000 dollars.
    Ironically his birthday is Sept. 11. My grandpa still cant talk about him, he feels like Charlie getting into trouble because he cut him off financially. My grandma will cry at the drop of a hat talking about him. I would really like to find out how and why his life was so expendable to someone. Even my mom has become a totally different person for loosing her favorite brother.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyjox View Post
    In my opinion, I think they solved it, they just can't (will not), prosecute those responsible.
    True. It would be nice to have justice done, though.

annannanna Guest
    I think in the case of Nattalie Holloway and 2pac, the police know who did it and don't have enought to convict. I think the OJ trial set a standard for high profile cases to have undeniable forensic evidence.

I want to know who Jack the ripper is.

Who left that mysterious stain on Monica Lewinsky's dress.

letty1970 Guest
    Madalane mccann. Bless her

Adam Walsh,

RoRo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by michael d View Post
    Emmett Till
    Emmett Till was solved many years ago...check the thread in other deaths
    As for my choices, I'd have to say Jon Benet and Marilyn Monroe, like Xenas I would think JFK too I just don't buy Oswald

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Nicole Brown/ Ronald Goldman
    my psychic senses are telling me the culprit is somewhere near or has been near the Las Vegas area within the last year

Chandra Levy.

michael d Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkythejokedog View Post
    my psychic senses are telling me the culprit is somewhere near or has been near the Las Vegas area within the last year
    Keep me posted.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Keep me posted.
    I sense the murderer may have had some modicum of fame

michael d Guest
    I sense the murderer may have had some modicum of fame

If you get a better picture of the person you should contact the authorities.

GAdeathhag Guest
    i sense he has a name that resembles a popular orange breakfast beverage

Guest Guest
    I have a personal one as well

My friend Stephan Folsom was killed by a stray bullet during a drive by shooting back in 1995, there was an altercation between apartment security and a car load of gang members, the gang was told to leave the parking lot which they did only to drive up the street turn around and drive back to the complex they opened fire, the security guard was hit in the leg and survived, my friend however was sitting on his sofa in his second floor apartment, the bullet went through the exterior wall through the sofa and hit Stephan in the back, he said "I've been hit...call 911" hit the floor and was gone, he was only 29 years old and had been married to my best friend less than 2 months, his wife overdosed 8 months later, she just couldn't live without him

his killers have never been caught, as far as I'm concerned they killed 2 people that night, she died with him, it's been 13 years and every year on October 20th we still have a vigil where he died, we still put up posters and we still get nothing to help find who did this, Stephan was a good person, a big ole teddy bear, like a brother to me, hard working, giving, caring, president of his neighborhood Safe Streets program was known for spending his weekends off running the elderly on their shopping errands, helping them out free of charge with odd jobs or cleaning or laundry, just a great guy, Dar had his cremated and he was sprinkled over Mt Rainier...I think of him every day and I see him all I have to do is look at that Mountain.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GAdeathhag View Post
    i sense he has a name that resembles a popular orange breakfast beverage

I sense he jumps over suitcases in airports

pvezz Guest
    I sense he jumps over suitcases in airports
    And gets dragged under a bus and f*****d up in one of the Naked Gun movies........

hotmama Guest
    lets see, jonbent, the black dahlia, etan patz, adam walsh(son of john walsh).jack the ripper of course. oh yes the atlanta child murders. i do not believe wayne williams killed them all. and one i know he did not kill. this child was killed by a homosexual with AIDS. he was raped and killed. i saw a story about in on channel 13. his mother and family were interviewed. the boy and his cousin went to the store and the boy was snatched up by the man and the other boy ran for help.

mandee1005 Guest
    I have to agree with most of the ones on here. Jon Bennett, Natalee Holloway (she lived just 45 mins south of me), tupac, biggy, and of course jfk. Well and bobby for that matter as well. There's a local case that made it on 48 hours one time Karen Tipton murder. There are several things in that case that don't add up. Here's a link to the story

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...n1028132.shtml

From what I gathered from some folks, as soon as she was in the ground, hubby took the kids and high taled it to the Carolinas (can't remember north or south.) Some say that they were swingers and she had a drug problem. The Moore guy was at the house that day "selling" her drugs for sex and thats why his "stuff" was found in the bed.. Very interesting story.

leeny994 Guest
    i have lots of socks without a mate---where are those socks and who has taken them hostage....? i need to know

mandee1005 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leeny994 View Post
    i have lots of socks without a mate---where are those socks and who has taken them hostage....? i need to know

OMG that is too damn funny..... but very true. I think the dryer monster ate mine..

Caylee Anthony!!! What the hell happened to this baby!?!?!

On a personal note, an incredible friend of mine was brutally stabbed and left in a ditch on June 9, 1997. She was one of the nicest and most gorgeous people I have ever come in contact with so the motive is truly a mystery. Rumors and theories abounded but left us with nothing. The police, I believe, have all but given up. I remember being afraid of my own shadow for awhile after it happened. One night, I was *convinced* that someone was breaking in my house to kill me. Not knowing, as a friend, sucks but I still cannot imagine what her mother still goes through. Heartbreaking. Just to add, she did not become a saint after she died, everyone *always* said nice things about her because she *was* nice. She was always the last one ready to go out. I gave her a terrible time about it because I am impatient. She always looked beautiful, though so what do I know?

RoRo Guest
    My heart goes out to all of you who have been personally touched by unsolved murders....

41. 09-16-2008, 06:56 PM

leeny994 Guest
    in all seriousness, I also want to know what happened to poor Caylee Anthony, as well as Laci and Connor Peterson.

Natalee Holloway bothers me a lot too.

Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    My heart goes out to all of you who have been personally touched by unsolved murders....
    Mine too. I'm sorry if I caused anybody any pain by starting this thread.

Guest Guest
    okay I'm on the I want to know what happened to Caylee Anthony train most of all!!!!

The protesters are getting out of hand...someone is going to get seriously hurt and unfortunately it isn't going to be this skank of a mother but one of the protesters or neighbors things are getting physical and boundaries are getting crossed

the sooner she is found or the truth is told as to what exactly happened to her the better!

and the less we'll see of this skank and her ever loving attention grubbing family on TV...if any of them were in front of me right now I just might become violent!

WHERE IS CAYLEE!?

Sphr798 Guest
    That mystery was solved a long time ago on Ren & Stimpy. They all end up in a big pile on another planet.

leeny994 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphr798 View Post
    That mystery was solved a long time ago on Ren & Stimpy. They all end up in a big pile on another planet.

hmmmm i think there is more to the story... lol

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    Adam Walsh,

Oh, I had forgotten about poor Adam.

I'll echo most of you:

Jon 'Benet
    Caylee Anthony
    Madeline McCann

How about the Lindbergh baby?

Sphr798 Guest
    hmmmm i think there is more to the story... lol
    Well of course there was, it took a half hour to lay it all out. LOL. I was just giving the "condensed" version.

JGrier Guest
    Zodiac

Bob Crane

JonBenet

Nicole Simpson/Ron Goldman

Sam Sheppard

leeny994 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JGrier View Post

Sam Sheppard

YESSSSS That one too

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GAdeathhag View Post