Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 30373839
Results 1,901 to 1,934 of 1934

Thread: The Other Animals Thread

pwem Guest
    We had spaghetti and meatballs last night and in the middle of it I sort of gagged a little thinking about the goings on at FAD.

I wonder what Justin Beiber had to say about this?

Unhappy Baby elephant weeps as mother rejects him, in China.

Heart-wrenching. I have no intentions of watching a video of any kind like this... I just need an update if anyone else has read perhaps another article on it. Bring your tissues.

Baby elephant rejected by mom wept inconsolably, but is now OK

3 days ago

We would like nothing more than to offer this little elephant a hug and a tissue. The newborn calf reportedly cried for five hours, inconsolably, after being separated for a second time from his mother, who tried to kill him, twice.
    Keepers at a wildlife park in eastern China, the Shendiaoshan Wild Animal Nature Reserve, in Rongcheng, Shandong province, removed the calf from his mother after she rejected him, stomping on him. Hopeful that the injury had been accidental, they treated the calf and returned him to his mother's side. She turned on him again, so they again removed him. The calf wept under a blanket for five straight hours before keepers were able to console him.
    "He couldn’t bear to be parted from his mother and it was his mother who was trying to kill him," a keeper said, according to reports. All was not lost for the little calf, however. Named Zhuangzhuang, he has been adopted by the keeper who rescued him and they have formed a strong bond. [Source]

http://now.msn.com/baby-elephant-in-...t-inconsolably

http://www.webpronews.com/baby-eleph...mother-2013-09
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Makes me cry just reading about this. I can't watch the video. I hope it all turns out good for the baby.

That is so sad.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

A thread for me?! <3

This was my name sake (not the original Sassy Monkey. I don't know what became of the original Sassy Monkey... I found this pic just now on the internet, but its what the original looked like!):
    Back in my wild teenage years my momma thought that if I had a clock on my keys I would come home at night and not stay out partying until god knows what time. It didn't work, and my crazy partying friends and and were greatly amused that the little wind-ey knob was between the monkeys legs. Hence he became known as Sassy Monkey.

I was once told by a friend (who knew me by my screen name before we actually met) "Monkeys scare the crap out of me, but I like you!" lol
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5907c88df2965e500c98e948dfae20c0.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	49892
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Couple finds three-foot long python under couch cushion

LONG ISLAND, N.Y. —

Peter Wang and his wife were cleaning a couch in their new apartment, expecting to find some loose change or an old french fry. Instead, they found a 3-foot python.

According to NBC 4 New York, the Long Island couple left the large, nonvenomous snake right where it was and called animal control. When authorities arrived, the python was removed without incident. http://www.ajc.com/news/news/nationa...cushion/ngNBd/
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I heard about that!!! If that happened to us, I'd be screaming like the girl that I am. Hubby? His response would be, "Hey, free pet!!! Sa-weeeeet!!!!"

I came home one night to a snake in my house. *shudders* I had closed at the Mickey's, come home, and went to the fridge for a drink. I saw something dark in front of the fridge, and assumed it was one of Schmoo's dark socks. I started to kick it toward Schmoo's room, right off the dining room, when I decided to turn the kitchen light on to be sure I got it into his room. I saw a garter snake. Coiled up and "straight chillin'" on my kitchen floor.

Hubby was sleeping in his chair in the living room. He had come home from work, turned the lights off, popped in a DVD, and fallen asleep. As we had both worked an evening shift, The SissyBubby slept upstairs at their grandma's, Hubby's mom's. The DVD logo was bouncing around the screen. I shook his foot and said, "Hubby. Hubby. Wake. Up. Now. Or I will scream and wake the entire building. Snake. Kitchen. GET RID OF IT!!!!!"

Hubby wakes up, stumbles into the kitchen, and sees the snake. I'm shaking in my Shoes For Crews [work shoes]. "Aw, honey," he tells me, "it's just a little garter snake!"

"I don't care. It is not welcome in my house. Don't kill it, it is still God's creature after all, but get it outta my house!" I was doing a fair impression of Phylicia Rashad's Clair Huxtable in the first episode of the third season of The Cosby Show.

Hubby bends over, grabs the snake behind its head, and carries it with its body dangling toward the front door. He TALKED to it. In a JAR-JAR BINKS voice: "You-sa don't belongs in here. No-sa. You-sa belongs outside..."

*facepalm*

Apparently, the snake had gotten into the house the day before, when Hubby had taken Schmoo outside to buzz his hair. We lived in a ground floor apartment (hubby's mom lived on the third floor of the sami building). Hubby had left the sliding glass door open to plug his clippers in, and that is when the snake must have slipped in. Which meant the thing was in my house for 24 hours before anyone found it!!!!!

Yeah I'm glad I'm in a third floor apartment now.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

I've read that most people who get bitten are engaged in trying to kill or capture the snake - reaching into a suitcase obviously does not count. Think about it - we are such huge freaking giants to these creatures that the ground shakes when we walk - must be kind of a like a T-Rex walking up on us.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

As a person who constantly comes across snakes I can honestly say that almost every snake you will ever see is just gonna chill and let you pass. Even the venomous one's. But some are insanely aggressive. Run a chainsaw next to cotton mouth and that fucker will assume your talking smack about his mom and then chase you. They're not nice!
    I've seen more snakes this year than the past five years together. I'm not sure what the deal is but we've been seeing several snakes per day on the job. I snatched up a chicken snake a few weeks ago that was longer than me.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

I don't know if I am afraid of snakes- I've never been around a snake. Never encountered. I do want a pet snake- a small one where I can put around my neck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keep in mind that they require live food.

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    As a person who constantly comes across snakes I can honestly say that almost every snake you will ever see is just gonna chill and let you pass. Even the venomous one's. But some are insanely aggressive. Run a chainsaw next to cotton mouth and that fucker will assume your talking smack about his mom and then chase you. They're not nice!
    I've seen more snakes this year than the past five years together. I'm not sure what the deal is but we've been seeing several snakes per day on the job. I snatched up a chicken snake a few weeks ago that was longer than me.
    Lots of snake sightings in my area this year too. I haven't seen one, but I know people who have. One person went out to their car and there was a diamondback in her driveway. My cuz in the North Georgia Mountains posted a pic of a black racer in her yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    I don't know if I am afraid of snakes- I've never been around a snake. Never encountered. I do want a pet snake- a small one where I can put around my neck.
    Even little poisonous snakes will bite you. In fact, I read somewhere recently that baby poisonous snakes have more concentration of poison that adults, but I forgot why.

Keep in mind that they require live food.
    I know, right. My mother had a pet ball python and guess who had to go buy it's live rats? Yeah. She would buy three, keep two in a hamster cage, and put one in the snake aquarium thingy. Rat was all over that snake like it was his bestie--until bestie got hungry. Who needs friends like that?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Even the non poisonous snakes will often bite. The bite can become quite irritated and even infected. Snakes are surprisingly strong also. It's best to know how to handle them if you plan on touching them. I had a 5' Burmese that could lift a 27" box TV and slide it over to escape his aquarium.

That reminds me of a question. Is an aquarium still considered an aquarium if it doesn't have water? Would it be a terrarium?

Even the non poisonous snakes will often bite. The bite can become quite irritated and even infected. Snakes are surprisingly strong also. It's best to know how to handle them if you plan on touching them. I had a 5' Burmese that could lift a 27" box TV and slide it over to escape his aquarium.

That reminds me of a question. Is an aquarium still considered an aquarium if it doesn't have water? Would it be a terrarium?
    Yep. Sorry.

When I was a tot we lived out in the country and kept rabbit hutches at the edge of the backyard. One day mama was down there pulling poke salad for them or us and a snake bit her. (I may have already posted about this.) She did not seek help. She carried the scars for years and years. Daddy had a fit because she didn't call him home from work, but that was mama. (She once tried to kick a wharf rat out of the kitchen and it turned and bit her big toe. She did not seek help that time either. If it had been rabid I guess Baby would never have been.)
    Last edited by cindyt; 07-07-2014 at 04:29 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thanks Cindy.

BTW your mom sounds tough. That's how country folk handle stuff.

Thanks Cindy.

BTW your mom sounds tough. That's how country folk handle stuff.
    Her parents were North Georgia Hill Billy country folks.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Guy at work this morning asked me what I'd do if I saw my keys lying on the ground....in front of a rattler. I said I'd walk and get new keys. I am such a girly-girl.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Many years ago, about a week or so before our wedding, husband and I decided to chill at a lake nearby that has fishing a few times a year. I was soaking up the sun, reading a biography on Britain's Queen Mary of Teck, when I looked up and saw this GIGANTIC snake slithering towards me with its big ol' mouth open. Husband to be had his line in the water, looking at the lake. I FLEW out of my lawn chair without a sound, the thick paperback flying in the air. I was speechless with fear. Hubs to be looked at me and said "WTF is wrong with you?"

"Ssssnake!" I blurted. Of course the *&@# had vanished, quick. We still chuckle about it, although at the time it was NOT amusing.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Lots of snake sightings in my area this year too. I haven't seen one, but I know people who have. One person went out to their car and there was a diamondback in her driveway. My cuz in the North Georgia Mountains posted a pic of a black racer in her yard.

Even little poisonous snakes will bite you. In fact, I read somewhere recently that baby poisonous snakes have more concentration of poison that adults, but I forgot why.

Because the baby snakes are just getting all their venom
    ^^ <<<---- ACCIDENT sorry!

Because they baby snakes are just learning how to control it. Like a vampire out in a maze full of deer on a full moon. Gettin' so excited they can't hold it in

however this link is interesting http://www.livingalongsidewildlife.c...us-snakes.html
    Last edited by Tiffany; 07-07-2014 at 08:44 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    ^^ <<<---- ACCIDENT sorry!

Because they baby snakes are just learning how to control it. Like a vampire out in a maze full of deer on a full moon. Gettin' so excited they can't hold it in

however this link is interesting http://www.livingalongsidewildlife.c...us-snakes.html
    Makes sense to me.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Oh my, that was a very LARGE black snake I just saw by our porch. OH HECK.

I know they kill rodents but that thing was huge....better keep kitten inside a bit longer.

Lake Hopatcong Arlington NJ Snake Identified

There's something fishy going on in Lake Hopatcong in Arlington NJ. Reports of a 16-20 foot long snake. The snake was originally said to be a Boa Constrictor but in reality it is a Green Anaconda. Don't go swimming, walk your dogs or children near the water. Jack Black is a different story we invite him to swim here.
    http://hopatcong-sparta.patch.com/gr...da-expert-says
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

stegosaurus Guest

Post The Donkey Thread

I have been a long time supporter of various donkey sanctuaries (plus many animal shelters/ cats and dogs homes etc) and today I received a mailing that truly broke my heart (I won't go into detail). Does anybody else here support donkey sanctuaries or general animal ones? I love animals as they usually give unconditional love and are more pleasant and loyal than most humans. I give as much as I can when I can, funds permitting. Anybody here have a soft spot for donkeys (or animal charities in general?)

It never seems to appall me the amount of suffering so called 'humans' inflict on animals.

I hope this isn't a repeat thread and apologise if it is

Thoughts please animal lovers x

Name:	original.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	52061

Thought I'd give this thread a bump.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You bumped the shit out of it John.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Hi John.

Pointy heads with big claws and beady eyes.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Hi John.

Pointy heads with big claws and beady eyes.
    Are you talking about my in-laws?

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Are you talking about my in-laws?
    A thousand apologies.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

It's cool Neil, I can't stand them. I defiantly got the pick of the litter when I married my Ol' Lady.

Salvador Dali walking his pet anteater in 1969.

Name:	283c6113-5ba5-475d-9c91-e9ade5c0acc0.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	52243
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wonder what its name was

Philosopher Guest

Thumbs up 10 Most Intelligent Animals on the Earth

Presenting the list of 10 most intelligent animals in the world.

a white moose - what a beautiful creature

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a3612331.html