Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8151617

Thread: George W. Bush

George Bush lied to us and to Congress about there being Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq, because he wanted his war... He's a violent man and his dream was to be 'a war president', something he proudly called himself. "I'm a War President" - think of that line being said in his fake Texas drawl. There were chemical weapon facilities, but he said WMDs, weapons of MASS destruction - as in yellow cake uranium, the pipes used in making nuclear weapons, etc. The Iranian people have been at each other's throats for centuries over religious differences and disagreements in fundamental beliefs. The worst thing, to me, is that George Bush lied and the US attacked Iran, saying they attacked us on 9/11. For whatever reason, he wanted a war with them. He wanted to make a name for himself, something for which his presidency would be remembered. He destroyed any sympathy the world had for us after the 9/11 attack with his stupidity. Now the people of the region are living in more horrific conditions than when Saddam Hussein ran the place, with women and children suffering the most. Now we have ISIS... an extremely well-funded, super-terrorist group. ISIS killing everyone and creating more hatred towards America. The creation of ISIS is on George Bush. He has a lot to answer for. If the USA gets sucked into siding with Iran against ISIS, they'll be getting what they want... more dead American soldiers. Ironically, if that happens, we'll unwittingly become part of Bush's 'Axis of Evil'. We'll be stuck in years of an un-winnable war. Vietnam on steroids. I really hope President Obama and Congress keep us out of another quagmire, worse than the Vietnam war.
    Last edited by Hidium; 06-19-2014 at 02:33 PM.

Bidmor Guest
    Hidium, the reason Bush and Cheney invaded Iran was for profit...profit for Halliburton and war profiteers around the world, primarily in the US and England. That's what wars are for...to make more money. 9/11 was the excuse and a convenient one at that (but that's another thread). Right now I'm thinking Obama has been *ahem* advised to mess around with a few air strikes and send the first small contingent of boots back over there. Then near the end of his term, B.O. will commit major ground forces to Iran, and leave another budding war for the next appointed prez (it'll be the Repub's turn then) to escalate, with the aide of some sort of 9/11-ish attack in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Hidium, the reason Bush and Cheney invaded Iran was for profit...profit for Halliburton and war profiteers around the world, primarily in the US and England. That's what wars are for...to make more money. 9/11 was the excuse and a convenient one at that (but that's another thread). Right now I'm thinking Obama has been *ahem* advised to mess around with a few air strikes and send the first small contingent of boots back over there. Then near the end of his term, B.O. will commit major ground forces to Iran, and leave another budding war for the next appointed prez (it'll be the Repub's turn then) to escalate, with the aide of some sort of 9/11-ish attack in the US.
    When did we invade Iran? LOL
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    George Bush lied to us and to Congress about there being Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq, because he wanted his war... He's a violent man and his dream was to be 'a war president', something he proudly called himself. "I'm a War President" - think of that line being said in his fake Texas drawl. There were chemical weapon facilities, but he said WMDs, weapons of MASS destruction - a
    Chemical weapons are WMD's. No one ever qualified that statement the way you have. Look at the FBI's definition where it clearly states that chemical weapons are part of that.

Now the government is saying that they are there, but not dangerous enough to worry about so we left them there. You can't have it both ways. Crucify Bush as a liar, but then qualify the weapons to the extent that their definition fits into a narrow window that validates your opinion (I'm talking the anti Iraq crowd, not you personally).

Every couple of years here in San Diego they find some unexploded ordinance from WW2 training and the area around it goes into lock down so they can blow it up. Why? Because 70 years later it is still dangerous.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investig...m/wmd/wmd_faqs

Why is the American news media asking people from the
    George W Bush administration how President Barack Obama
    should do about Iraq?

Since they are the one's who caused that mess.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

The creation of ISIS is on George Bush. He has a lot to answer for.
    The Iraq insurgency was tamed under the Bush administration's policies, but Bush left office long ago. It was under the neglect of his successor that the insurgency reignited, although at one point, Vice President Joe Biden was so overconfident that he boasted that Iraq could become one of the major successes of the Obama administration. (The interview is available on YouTube.)

We'll be stuck in years of an un-winnable war. Vietnam on steroids. I really hope President Obama and Congress keep us out of another quagmire, worse than the Vietnam war.
    There's no comparison between Vietnam and Iraq; the former was of vastly larger scale, and was nowhere near so one-sided. To illustrate, 58,000 Americans were killed in Vietnam versus 4500 in Iraq, and at the peak of U.S. involvement in Vietnam, there were over 540,000 U.S. troops stationed there, against 167,000 in Iraq.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    When did we invade Iran? LOL
    Typo. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Typo. Sorry.
    Trying to keep it light....no sweat. Sometimes when a lot of us, including me, ( a full member of the vast right wing conspiracy) get into politics we let our emotions get in the way. I was just trying to be funny. Ciao
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    March 1934-July 2016

Forever-27 Guest
    Umm Obama owns this war.. He went on national Tv and actually gave the month and date US military would leave Iraq. That was a bad idea. The ISIS was watching that Tv speech also and from that moment clicked the deathclock in motion for Iraq. Its obivious Obama was very wrong when he said the Taliban and al quida is on the run. They aren't and weren't. Its because of him Iraq is in shambles and most likely go into civil war. Obama has managed to piss off most of the middle east .. Iraq , Iran, Libya, Egypt, Afganistan, Syria .. in the meantime hes busy teeing off on the golf course.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Umm Obama owns this war.. He went on national Tv and actually gave the month and date US military would leave Iraq. That was a bad idea. The ISIS was watching that Tv speech also and from that moment clicked the deathclock in motion for Iraq.
    That has always been the argument against announcing a timetable. Made perfect sense to me but Obama decided the better option was to ignore common sense and conventional wisdom and pander to the anti-war crowd for political gain. Why not, he always has the Bush card.

[QUOTE=Paulination;1456531]Chemical weapons are WMD's. No one ever qualified that statement the way you have. Look at the FBI's definition where it clearly states that chemical weapons are part of that.

Thanks Paulination. I think the reason I wasn't thinking of them as WMDs is that I was thinking about them being a localized threat as opposed to the more massive destruction of a nuclear weapon. You're right of course.

Bidmor - You're right about the profit part of the war. I had put that out of my mind. Sad thing was we thought that we'd have lower gas prices because of it, but only the 1%-ers profited.

A lot of you put me in my place as far as hard facts go, I was writing from emotional anger... I should just stay out of the thread.

Who came up with the term 'Ego Temples' as a name for presidential libraries? Brilliant!

Thanks Paulination. I think the reason I wasn't thinking of them as WMDs is that I was thinking about them being a localized threat as opposed to the more massive destruction of a nuclear weapon. You're right of course.

Bidmor - You're right about the profit part of the war. I had put that out of my mind. Sad thing was we thought that we'd have lower gas prices because of it, but only the 1%-ers profited.

A lot of you put me in my place as far as hard facts go, I was writing from emotional anger... I should just stay out of the thread.

Who came up with the term 'Ego Temples' as a name for presidential libraries? Brilliant!

Hell no you should not! Emotions and politics are twin sons of different mothers as they say.
    Last edited by Mcafgr; 06-23-2014 at 03:38 PM.
    March 1934-July 2016

Bidmor Guest
    [QUOTE=Mcafgr;1456889]
    Hell no you should not! Emotions and politics are twin sons of different mothers as they say.
    What he said.

Pauli, I've never thought you were out of line or any such. Just keep on, brother!

14. 06-23-2014, 03:51 PM

That post was from Hidium. It was labeled as Pauli because of an incomplete quote in her post. But I agree regardless. I appreciate everyone's input.

My bad. I see it's been corrected.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    That post was from Hidium. It was labeled as Pauli because of an incomplete quote in her post. But I agree regardless. I appreciate everyone's input.
    My bad. Corrected....note to self....never self medicate ad type
    March 1934-July 2016

I totally respect this. You came with an opinion, had some push back and reacted with dignity and class. Please keep posting here, your opinions are as valid as anyone elses regardless of whether we agree or not.

Umm Obama owns this war..
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

It's a fact that when Obama took office, the Iraq insurgency had been subdued. He chose to withdraw the stabilizing influence of American forces without trying in good faith to negotiate an extension, and he also backed al-Maliki, the architect of the current disaster, over the Sunni-supported secular Shiite Allawi (the Bush favorite) in the 2010 elections, but that didn't stop Vice President Joe Biden crowing in a TV interview that Iraq could be a major success story for the administration.

Thanks for the positive reinforcement everyone... I'm glad we can all give our opinions here without being blasted by people who disagree. I respect the level intelligence of the people posting on this thread... Take care!

Bidmor Guest
    Umm Obama owns this war.. He went on national Tv and actually gave the month and date US military would leave Iraq. That was a bad idea. The ISIS was watching that Tv speech also and from that moment clicked the deathclock in motion for Iraq. Its obivious Obama was very wrong when he said the Taliban and al quida is on the run. They aren't and weren't. Its because of him Iraq is in shambles and most likely go into civil war. Obama has managed to piss off most of the middle east .. Iraq , Iran, Libya, Egypt, Afganistan, Syria .. in the meantime hes busy teeing off on the golf course.
    Correct. Ownership transfer occurred in January of 2009. Bush started it, B.O. carried on as instructed.

George W Bush is a moron, but Dick Cheney
    is a War Criminal

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    My bad. Corrected....note to self....never self medicate ad type
    It's cool. I do it all the time.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    George W Bush is a moron, but Dick Cheney
    is a War Criminal
    On this rare occasion, I agree. However I would include Bush in the war criminal category, just like his old man. In my view, we're in the seventh de facto term of George H.W. Bush regime.

Bidmor Guest

The Bush twins are not Republicans

The two Bush daughters' voter registrations don't come as a complete surprise, however. They told People magazine in 2010 that they didn't embrace the U.S. political parties.

"I don't really label myself as Republican or Democrat," said Bush.

"We're both very independent thinkers," added Hager.
    (My emphasis) http://finance.yahoo.com/news/george...165917123.html

Well put, ladies.

I see that one person who lead George W. Bush into war has died.
    Donald Rumsfeld (July 1932-June 2021) hope he burns in Hell.