Thread: Maximum Number Of Posts In A Thread?

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.

Maximum Number Of Posts In A Thread?

Is there a hard and fast rule about the maximum number of posts a thread can have, before it is closed? What about if a celebrity death thread reaches the maximum posts? Will it be closed and then started again, if that celebrity is still popular?

"So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

I usually lock threads when the get past 5000 post. The only ones that I have locked due to size were threads that had nothing to do with celebrities. They were threads that were basically used as chats that had really no useful information in them. It will be awhile before a celeb has a thread that long, and when it gets there I will most likely go past 5000 because the celeb threads don't get the traffic that the chat threads do.

i must say that i am somewhat dismayed that the original theme of this forum was, i presume, discussion about celebrity personalities and their demise. it seems, and i fault myself too, that most of the threads are about rather mundane issues, dealing with life mostly. i personally like to go into the archives, and reinsert a thread about an interesting celebrity. when i arrive at the forum, and check the main threads, i see so little about celebrities anymore. have we just run out of information?
    pull the string!

Quote Originally Posted by hell0kitty View Post
    i must say that i am somewhat dismayed that the original theme of this forum was, i presume, discussion about celebrity personalities and their demise. it seems, and i fault myself too, that most of the threads are about rather mundane issues, dealing with life mostly. i personally like to go into the archives, and reinsert a thread about an interesting celebrity. when i arrive at the forum, and check the main threads, i see so little about celebrities anymore. have we just run out of information?
    It seems that way doesnt it? Latley it seems like I have been merging way more threads than before. I think we are nearing the point where if you can think of a celeb, there is probably a thread about them already.

Most of the dead celebs seem used up so can't really get any new ones till, well, you know

Yep. When I first came, I was engrossed in the death issues, celebs, etc. Now I find myself reading more on the personal/chat type threads....BUT.... I think it is because we have all bonded and enjoy talking to each other and knowing that we all are death hags and have that in common....it is a community of sorts

""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    It seems that way doesnt it? Latley it seems like I have been merging way more threads than before. I think we are nearing the point where if you can think of a celeb, there is probably a thread about them already.
    i hear ya on that one. we'll keep trying to find more! even if we have to... um lol jefe did you ever submit your ghost pics to any ghost organization. ive been wanting to ask you (the ones in front of viper room)? those were extraordinary!
    pull the string!

i hear ya on that one. we'll keep trying to find more! even if we have to... um lol jefe did you ever submit your ghost pics to any ghost organization. ive been wanting to ask you (the ones in front of viper room)? those were extraordinary!
    I was going to send them in to coast to coast am but they demand you sign away the rights to your picture so I said screw it. As long as the hags here can see em, Im fine with that.

Nah, don't be dismayed, we have a lot to work with. Sometimes when it comes to dead celebs, I feel talked out. How many times can I say, "I think Natalie fell in the water, and...." Depends on my mood, these days with current events so interesting I am enjoying the politics threads, etc--the fun is that it's from a hag perspective. This too shall pass.

The "Real Life" thread is not really for me, I look in occasionally, but some of the highly personal stuff makes me uncomfortable.

I came here at first for the dead stuff...I am still hardcore but there are just some threads that are soooo much fun...I do not envy the moderators...There is one thread that I know you guys are watchin like a hawk and it has been the most fun...I just know it'll get shut down...*sigh* But, I have come to care for so many of my fellow FAD members and their sences of humor are just what I need to make it through the day sometimes...

I have a feeling I know which thread is being watched for a number count too, it's the one that some of us are addicted to. If It gets the axe at 5000 though, what's to stop someone from beginning a sequel and continuing the fun? I love this board, it's a place to let your hair down and have a ball.
    When I die I'm going to be watching and if anyone yells "REPENT" I'm gonna wallop him hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cettie View Post
    I have a feeling I know which thread is being watched for a number count too, it's the one that some of us are addicted to. If It gets the axe at 5000 though, what's to stop someone from beginning a sequel and continuing the fun? I love this board, it's a place to let your hair down and have a ball.
    There was one that got to 5000 and was shut down. It was re-started but it just ran out of steam.

Btw, on a lot of threads here we get away with murder.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

*Tiptoes outta this thread and onto her old favorite...*

What I'm getting from this is that we are running out of dead celebrities to talk about and new ones aren't arriving fast enough. Maybe we could pool our resources and hire someone to make some more.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    What I'm getting from this is that we are running out of dead celebrities to talk about and new ones aren't arriving fast enough. Maybe we could pool our resources and hire someone to make some more.
    The Celebrity F.A.D. Assassins!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    The Celebrity F.A.D. Assassins!
    There ya go.
    John Trim On Face Book

I love lateral thinkers.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    I love lateral thinkers.
    It just makes sense to me. You go to the refrigerator to get a beer and find your out of beer. You go to the store and get some more.
    John Trim On Face Book

It just makes sense to me. You go to the refrigerator to get a beer and find your out of beer. You go to the store and get some more.

Someone say we're out of beer? Oh heavens! I'll go make a beer run for us, pick up some merlot while I'm at it and meet you in the new hot tub.
    When I die I'm going to be watching and if anyone yells "REPENT" I'm gonna wallop him hard.

*Drags box of Southern Comfort into Ignore*

im sure all this information on the dead celebrities that is here is prolly the most extensive plethaura known to all internetkind

i dont have this whole site including scotts website memorized just yet but im trying
    i still find new stuff on celebrities that r dead n i just didnt know that they were posted untill i hear their name in passing or see a movie or hear a song

I could probably go back and start from the beginning of FAD time in the dead celebrities folder. I guess those are threads that the "moderator smoderators" (nice new name! Spiffy!) wouldn't mind us bumping IF we have something to contribute besides "I was sad when he/she died" or "nice thread".

Guest Guest
    It could be also some members (yes I will say it) are afraid to post new threads about dead celebs because of the way they can be pounced on if a thread was already done about that celeb. Frankly I am getting a little tired of instantly hearing an apology from members that post new threads about dead celebs. I think that is rather sad it its way. I understand the reason for wanting all information in the same thread, but at the same time, I think some of the old time members can be a bit caustic to newer members in this regard. I remember when I first came here and realized that this board was quite a bit more organized than a lot of other boards (which is good) so I did a test search on the Black Dhalia. I searched under every possible combination of her name, including her real name, and the search came up with nothing every time. Now I know there is at least one Black Dhalia thread here, so I choose not to post new threads about dead celebs as I did not trust the search feature and did not feel like putting up with caustic replies in case I had repeated a celeb. Now, the member who posted a link to a google search for Fad, now that is an excellent search for this board and I think it works great.
    well that is just mho on why so few celeb threads. What do I know?
    lol!

I agree, Spooky, but also, people are asked to search before starting a thread. Although if they don't read the FAQs before posting, they wouldn't know to do that. There are 41 pages of death celeb threads so I can see how it would be overwhelming to try to search out a thread on a dead celeb if you didn't know how to use the search option or if you didn't know it was there.

John, I like your take on this.

I don't want to start trouble with this, but I had a question. For threads like the "What you are listening to right now" why would they get locked?

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank 'N' Howie View Post

I came here at first for the dead stuff...I am still hardcore but there are just some threads that are soooo much fun...I do not envy the moderators...There is one thread that I know you guys are watchin like a hawk and it has been the most fun...I just know it'll get shut down...*sigh* But, I have come to care for so many of my fellow FAD members and their sences of humor are just what I need to make it through the day sometimes...
    Guilty, too