Thread: Psychomania: The film!

hoxharding Guest

Psychomania: The film!

Anyone else ever see this film?
    Stars George Sanders and Beryl Reid and directed by Don Sharp.
    The Living Dead motorcycle gang get help by the leader's mom who worships frogs.
    He kills himself and becomes really one of the living dead. He convinces all but one member of the gang to become living dead. Once they do, they do awful things. Like race their cycles and mess up grocery shelves!(yes,really)

-sorry put this in the wrong section!
    Last edited by hoxharding; 10-25-2007 at 04:43 PM.

SueWahoo Guest
    I have seen this, as a matter of fact! Way back in 1977, it was played on WPIX's Chiller Theater. I was a kid but it stuck with me. Just a few years back, I worked with a girl who knows *all* when it comes to movies. So I asked her if she knew of a movie where they had to kill themselves to be immortal, however at the end, maybe they die but they all end up looking like Hershey Kisses. Yes! This is exactly what I said! She replied: Oh, that's Psychomania.

Sue

http://www.dvddrive-in.com/Chiller/chiller.htm

hoxharding Guest
    =) Cool film,isn't it? Remember when the mother turns into a frog? It is in dvd now.

SueWahoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    =) Cool film,isn't it? Remember when the mother turns into a frog? It is in dvd now.
    I only remember bits and pieces and, for some reason, the mom turning into a frog hasn't stuck with me but all of the motorcycle stuff and the Hershey Kisses ending did stay with me. You'd think I would remember that frog bit! I'll probably get the DVD at some point, I'm a 70s ho and love all the warm, fuzzy and slightly demented memories.

Sue

hoxharding Guest
    Yup, it is in dvd! Have you ever heard of 'Satan's Cheerleaders'? That is demented and I am pretty sure it is from the 70's.

SueWahoo Guest
    It's from 1977. I haven't seen it though I've heard of it. I'm more of a fan of catastrophe-type movies. Nuclear, weather, virus, man-made errors etc., and lots of people get wiped out. Oddly, that fascinates me.

Sue