Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bones, the TV show

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    NO dang it, special programing will bump Bones until January.
    NOOOOOOO! I can't live without Bones and Life on Mars!

marimbagirl Guest
    I flipping love this show! They bumped it for baseball and now they're bumping it for stupid shows.

If you want to catch up on the season in the mean time, hulu.com has the entire 4th season up and some of the other seasons.

OMG gals, you will not believe this!!!

A month or two ago I spotted some film crew signs in the hood again, so I hopped on my bike and followed them up to a huge popular park in the area. The signs had the letters B & B on them. The filming occurred next to a huge reedy pond but I didn't get close enough to see what was up, nor did my shy self have the nerve to ask anyone.

Fast forward to yesterday. While folding my daughter's laundry, I turned on the lastest epi of Bones that I DVR'd. Wouldn't you know it...it's what they were filming that day I biked up to the park!!! To be sure, I biked back today, surveyed the area, and rewatched the Bones episode tonight, rewinding and watching the background close. It most certainly was what they were filming. I could see the freeway in the background, the paddle boats blurred behind Booth on the pond, and you could barely make out Booth and Bones driving over a bridge when they first got to the crime scene, the same dang bridge I'd biked across today and the day I went down the see what was up.

I had joked with my hubby the day I went down to see what was filming that the "B & B" film crew signs meant Bones and Booth, looks like I may have been right. Next time I see those signs I will be more assertive and try and see and or meet who I can...Booth here I come
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

Guest Guest
    This may be OT, but I see David's dad almost every day on t.v. - he's our local weatherman!

Dave Roberts is the stage name of David Thomas Boreanaz who has been the main weatherman for WPVI-TV in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, since 1983.

He doesn't talk about his son too much on the air, but I do remember this one time (I forget what they were talking about) and he told the story of the time he drove David to Calif. so he could get his start. He said that that drive out there was the most touching thing he had ever done with his son, and how much they bonded together.

Anyone catch the season premiere last week? Don't know what I think, seemed to be quite the whirlwind of an epi, seemed to wrap up too quickly. Now there's another interesting twist to the possible Booth/Bones romance. I know it could wreck thing, but could they just DO IT already!?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HKWolf Guest
    I've enjoyed the whole series and hope they don't put Brennan and Booth together romantically to the very end. I like the "afar" aspect of it.

The Kathy Reichs books are excellent but they are only similiar to the show....some might be disappointed by them. Treat them as separate entites and you'll be fine.

Xtine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HKWolf View Post
    I've enjoyed the whole series and hope they don't put Brennan and Booth together romantically to the very end. I like the "afar" aspect of it.

The Kathy Reichs books are excellent but they are only similiar to the show....some might be disappointed by them. Treat them as separate entites and you'll be fine.
    I started reading the books a few months ago. (only 3 to go!) you are right, separate entities....but they are REALLY, REALLY good!!!

OMG, OMG, OMG!!! They are filming and epi of Bones around the corner from my house today!!! Hubby and I went over to snoop, and we swear we saw Emily Deschanel walking around right on the street!!! Couldn't tell for sure from the distance we were at, but she had the same thin build, hair, and that same distinct brow that Emily has. Didn't appear to be wearing make up. I took some pics of cool stuff that I'll post eventually. I plan to hop on my bike in a bit and head back over
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    OMG, OMG, OMG!!! They are filming and epi of Bones around the corner from my house today!!! Hubby and I went over to snoop, and we swear we saw Emily Deschanel walking around right on the street!!! Couldn't tell for sure from the distance we were at, but she had the same thin build, hair, and that same distinct brow that Emily has. Didn't appear to be wearing make up. I took some pics of cool stuff that I'll post eventually. I plan to hop on my bike in a bit and head back over

You get David, I'll bring the stun gun and the nipple clamps!
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    You get David, I'll bring the stun gun and the nipple clamps!
    If I get my hands on David, I ain't sharin'!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lab_rat Guest
    Booth is the only reason I watch it!

Somewhere where I don't know where I am...
    I just recently got hooked on this show. Brennan has some awesome jewelry!
    This just in- Powersauce is Amazing!

I'm a big fan of this show. I miss Zach, but I enjoy the rotating roster of assistants that show up each week with their set of quirks in play!

I've never found David B. very attractive. He's a little Neanderthal-ish for me. I like Booth a lot as a character. I'd do Emily Deschanel though!

Quote Originally Posted by shirazash View Post
    I make jewelry as a hobby, and I'll say I've noticed Brennan's jewelry, and it's very inspiring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Harleycat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtine View Post
    I started reading the books a few months ago. (only 3 to go!) you are right, separate entities....but they are REALLY, REALLY good!!!
    I like the books better than the show. I loved the show until I started reading the books. In the books she doesn't come off as the know it all she is in the show.

Of course I'll never stop watching the show since it has David Boreanaz in it! (sshh, don't tell hubby)

Harleycat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lab_rat View Post
    Booth is the only reason I watch it!
    Me too! I love that he is so different from his Angel character but still so very sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by shirazash View Post

I was watching an episode the other day (I wish I could remember which it was, because I want to go back and look again)- she wears a necklace extremely similar to one I inherited from my Grandma who passed away in July. I never though much of it because its not my taste- its very large blue beads with a large green stone cut to resemble a beetle of some sort. The one on the show looked a lot like it. I'm not even sure where my Grandma got it- I don't recall her wearing it- and I never would have expected her to own one like it. If I can, I'll post a screen clip and a pic when I get to it.

lab_rat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleycat View Post
    Me too! I love that he is so different from his Angel character but still so very sexy.
    Oh yeah.

I just started watching this show in the past year. I love it! I can't wait to see your pics from them filming- nothing exciting that that ever happens where I live .

Let me clarify that: nothing non-redneck/white-trash/criminal

So I'm finally getting around to posting the pics I took from the Bones set the other day

Someone's bike on the set, if you look close it says "Bones Props"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The hexagonal sticker makes reference to the Jeffersonian
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See the wood propping up the trailer??? It says Bones
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looking across the street to the Bones crew base camp. This is the street where we swear we saw Emily Deschanel jaywalking to get to the set
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

B + B= Bones and Booth (forever)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ilmatar Guest
    This is so unfair.

Awesome pics, Morthy, thank you for posting!

Ilmatar Guest
    Oh, right. I was too bitter to thank Morty for the pics.

Better late than never; thank you, and please keep them coming!

Xtine Guest
    did anyone watch the horror that was last nights show???!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xtine View Post
    did anyone watch the horror that was last nights show???!!!!
    Uh oh. We're about to. Did they jump the shark?

I was channel surfing the other night and caught David B. on "The Show Formally Know as The Tonight Show" and he off hand compared Bones to Moonlighting. In a way I agree as far as the repartee and sexual tension. If they let'em boink the shows fucked, just like Moonlighting.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Is it just me or was the beginning of tonight's epi totally disturbing???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It did start off with a bang didn't. I would never rip plastic and duck tape off a sealed bathtub. You know it ain't going to be good.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    It did start off with a bang didn't. I would never rip plastic and duck tape off a sealed bathtub. You know it ain't going to be good.
    I was quite disturbed with that bang, so unexpected and too realistic. When you've seen that kinda thing up close and personal, it's even more disturbing. The bathtub scene didn't bug me in the least
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

woohoogirl Guest
    The Death Hag in me got excited and was pleased that I was taping it so I can see the fake head explode over and over again!!!

That wasn't too creepy was it?

Omfg people!!! Let's discuss last nights season finale, what did y'all think??? Do you think it's for real??? I'm shocked but not unhappy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I kind of saw it coming, so it wasn't all that shocking to me. I think it will make next season very interesting.

I wish they would bring Zach back, esp now that they bumped off the British guy..

woohoogirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Omfg people!!! Let's discuss last nights season finale, what did y'all think??? Do you think it's for real??? I'm shocked but not unhappy
    I loved it!!!!! I hope that it won't be a Dallas-Bobby-in-the shower thing...

What happened?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Bones is knocked up and Booth is the father. No, I'm not kidding.

OMG I was totally not expecting that Bones would be pregnant by Booth I hope the show does not go downhill after that, how will she keep working after the baby arrives, unless she gets a babysitter, and do you think Angela will be back on next season, or will they have her character on Maternity leave? I too wish they would bring back Zak, they are just leaving him in that place, so hopefully later down the line they will bring him back. I just bought season four today, yeah I know I am behind, Next I want to start getting NCIS

Quote Originally Posted by sfcitygirl View Post
    Bones is knocked up and Booth is the father. No, I'm not kidding.
    Heaven's sake. I thought maybe Booth had died. I seldom watch it, though I am familiar with her. I've read all the books, which are different from the TV series.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

still miss Zack/Zach

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Heaven's sake. I thought maybe Booth had died. I seldom watch it, though I am familiar with her. I've read all the books, which are different from the TV series.
    I totally get what you are saying. I hated every Spenser related production they ever did.
    I do like Sellek as Jesse Stone though.
    I think the characters we create in our mind from a well loved book are always head and shoulders above the real thing. TV and Movies of loved books always disappoint , at least for me.
    Regards,
    Mary

I like the books, and I like the show too. I just see them as totally separate. They are much more different than they are alike methinks.

It will be interesting to see how they handle the whole pregnancy thing next season. It could be great or highly annoying, depending on how it's done. I hope they don't use it as a melodramatic hook or gimmick and have her tragically miscarry or something. I was getting more than a little tired of the "will they or won't they" dance and was glad that part was handled in an understated way.

Here's hoping! I've generally enjoyed the way the characters have been developed over several seasons.
    Last edited by amaranthaseven; 05-29-2011 at 07:47 PM. Reason: aargh- typos!

KarmaKat Guest
    Wow finally caught up with the last few episodes. Hmmm something seems a little off to me with the last part of the last episode. It didnt feel right. Emily Deschanel is pregnant though

Seems like a sniper would be more careful about stray shots.

KarmaKat Guest
    And also it just all unfolded a little to neatly. But oh well its a tv show. And a darn good one at that

Pryncis Guest
    After having finished the entire series of Knight Rider on NetFlix, I needed a new show to watch. I had been taking suggestions but hadn't really found anything yet. One afternoon while driving to work I was listening to NPR. They were interviewing the author of the books the show is based upon. She's one of the producers or something like that of the show. I'd never seen the show Bones before but I decided to take a look at the first episode later that night. The show hadn't even been on five minutes and I was hooked! I'm a little over half way through the first season. I'm not watching the new episodes because I want to make sure I see everything in order and I don't want to get story lines confused. I'm loving it so far!

intothelight Guest
    I started watching Bones on Netflix too earlier this year. I finished all the episodes then caught the latest season Hulu. I'm lovin' this season so far but I just love Bones!