Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: President Joe Biden

President Joe Biden

I know everyone is concentrating on Palin's family - how about some sunlight on Biden's family. Both his son Hunter and brother James have had numerous legal problems - why no media scrutiny ??

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/bidens-brother-son-accused-of-fraud

these lawsuits got zero mention last week.

deathybrad Guest
    I think the kids will be left out of both of the campaigns. Time for some ethics. Besides, I loves me some Joe Biden.

IrishBabe Guest
    I can't stand him for personal, planes-flying-over-my-once-quiet-neighborhood reasons, but his sons are a non-issue to me. They are not running nor campaigning for their dad.

I think he looks kind of like Jimmy Buffett.

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jma776 View Post
    I think he looks kind of like Jimmy Buffett.
    I hate Jimmy Buffett.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Here is an ABC News link........I tried to consider all sources before posting, but this seems to be the best......it address`s scandals he`s been through as well as his record.......

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/WhoIs/story?id=3770445&page=1

He has had numerous un-flattering tales from plagarism to cronyism. His kids and those of Governor Palin's should be left out of the media. Focusing on the issues instead of the gossip would be nice for once. Her 17 year old daughter is pregnant.. so what, I don't care. The media has lost the plot and its credibility.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Here`s a Fox news link on Military service.........

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2008Aug...ietnam,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    I know everyone is concentrating on Palin's family - how about some sunlight on Biden's family. Both his son Hunter and brother James have had numerous legal problems - why no media scrutiny ??

I think its because everyone is used to the democrats fucking everything up.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Noelle Page Guest

Because there's no SEX in the story, silly!

MorbidMolly Guest
    Scandals of the past...........might as well get it out of the way........

http://patriotmissive.com/2008/08/23...m-calling-out/

12. 09-01-2008, 12:07 PM

MorbidMolly Guest
    I truly hope we can keep this civil......I think we did a fine job on the Palin thread, even though it got a little touchy at times.......

Noelle Page Guest
    Sigh, while we're at it, there's the ol' plagiarism charge.

I really don't mind Biden, but I do remember that whole scandal and for years it was the only thing I knew about him (even if relatively benign).

Seagorath Guest
    Republicans molest children.

Vote Obama/Biden!

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Sigh, while we're at it, there's the ol' plagiarism charge.

I really don't mind Biden, but I do remember that whole scandal and for years it was the only thing I knew about him (even if relatively benign).

I posted it to the link in the scandals thread.......

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post

Vote Obama/Biden!

Democrats hate America.

Vote. Period.

endsleigh03 Guest
    I am going to try to avoid the flame bait. The political threads have been going pretty well, and I like to hear the other opinions.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecold View Post
    Democrats hate America.

Vote. Period.

HAAAAAAAA.....since I`m neither party I`m off scot free........

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    I am going to try to avoid the flame bait. The political threads have been going pretty well, and I like to hear the other opinions.

I would too.......sincerely.......

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    HAAAAAAAA.....since I`m neither party I`m off scot free........
    Me too. Just having fun. The important thing is to be part of the process and vote. I have crossed party lines before. I am more about term limits than anything else. Otherwise, IMHO, we are spitting on the desires of the founding fathers, things will never change, and we will never advance. Eight years was good enough for George Washington, and the President is limited to two terms. Why not Congressmen / Senators? Something is wrong with that in my book. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Get the rich old men and women out, get some new blood in there and let the Constitution take a breath again.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Me too. Just having fun. The important thing is to be part of the process and vote. I have crossed party lines before. I am more about term limits than anything else. Otherwise, IMHO, we are spitting on the desires of the founding fathers, things will never change, and we will never advance. Eight years was good enough for George Washington, and the President is limited to two terms. Why not Congressmen / Senators? Something is wrong with that in my book. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Get the rich old men and women out, get some new blood in there and let the Constitution take a breath again.
    Yes and yes to all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Yes and yes to all of that.
    Thanks! Vote out the incumbants I say!

MandyLynn Guest

Absolutely! The most important part is to vote, period.

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi
    The difference I see between the Palin "scandal" and the Biden "scandal" is that Palin is being accused of allegedly lying about the parentage of her child while Biden isn't being accused of anything except being related to two adults being sued for allegedly defrauding a business partner. Now I'm not talking about the plagersim thing or the fact that Hunter Biden was a lobbyist (which is a whole 'nother story that should be looked in to), just the original topic of the two threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Sikfuk View Post
    The difference I see between the Palin "scandal" and the Biden "scandal" is that Palin is being accused of allegedly lying about the parentage of her child while Biden isn't being accused of anything except being related to two adults being sued for allegedly defrauding a business partner. Now I'm not talking about the plagersim thing or the fact that Hunter Biden was a lobbyist (which is a whole 'nother story that should be looked in to), just the original topic of the two threads.

I`m trying to find links on everything........I even posted one on his lack of military service............Palin was put through the ringer, so to speak, on a lot more than the pregnancy thing........I think we should post all we know on Biden.......information is the bane of ignorance........

Forever-27 Guest

All I really remember him being in trouble for is plagurism. Using other peoples words for his speeches. Hillary did this early on before she dropped. The mainstream media dosent report on these things because CBS, CNN, NBC are all greared towards the democratic ticket. obama gets way more exposure in the news then MCCain does.

The mainstream media conveniantly hasnt not brought to light the whole Obama / Tony Resco deals, obamas remarks in san francisco saying that PA voters cling to their guns and religion , or even being on numerous boards being best friends with bill ayrs of the Weather Underground who blew up the NYC police HQ.

Someone needs to dig out the NY Times september 11, 2001 issue. The whole artical is right there on the front page. Kinda ironic they ran the interview with bill ayrs on that day, with him saying his only regret is not doing more damage.

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post

Vote Obama/Biden!

This reminds me of a hilarious Howard Stern bit from years ago....spoofing preposterous "negative" political ads. He used as his example an actual NY mayoral candidate named Mark Green who was getting slammed by an opponent at the time.

[Scary music, deep ominous voice]:

"Mark Green pinches babies when nobody's looking."

"Mark Green planned the 9/11 attacks and laughed when the Towers fell."

"Mark Green farts on elevators and then gives dirty looks to other passengers."

"Mark Green licks the jelly beans in the candy bowl and puts them back."

He would just go on and on like that...so funny.

Joe's been a public figure for many years and has already been put through the ringer. Which is why no new dirt has come up. I love Joe, always have, as I think most of you know. I'm a Republican voting Democratic this time. I think both VP candidates have typical family issues they are facing. Which makes them all the more real for me.

Noelle Page Guest
    Yep, Phillie, true about Biden. He is a known quantity, and does feel safe and familiar in that regard. Unlike Obama, for me anyway. So he was a good pick to balance that ticket. Just like McCain picking a newbie invigorates his ticket.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Philliefan View Post
    Joe's been a public figure for many years and has already been put through the ringer. Which is why no new dirt has come up. I love Joe, always have, as I think most of you know. I'm a Republican voting Democratic this time. I think both VP candidates have typical family issues they are facing. Which makes them all the more real for me.
    Don`t get me wrong P........I adore the guy......and yes he has been put through the ringer.....maybe I should have put it a different way.....all I meant was all information that anyone wanted to post, so nothing nasty comes up in a heated argument...........and discussion can ensue....

Don`t get me wrong P........I adore the guy......and yes he has been put through the ringer.....maybe I should have put it a different way.....all I meant was all information that anyone wanted to post, so nothing nasty comes up in a heated argument...........and discussion can ensue....
    I agree MM, it's all good. These discussions can be fun.

pattykad Guest
    I think the plagerism, which Biden addressed PALES in comparision
    to the Keating Five.

Noelle Page Guest
    Hi Patty--

Oh, I'm sure the Keating Five is coming. But it's such old news, will anyone care? Nobody really cared then.

Anyway, I don't care about the plagiarism, it wasn't bad, I see how that stuff happens.

pattykad Guest
    I agree....it's all old news. But when the plagerism is brought up
    I think it's only fair to remind people of Keating five.

Noelle Page Guest
    What was the Keating Five anyway? Something about bank failures? COuld someone explain it in one sentence?

The plaigarism I always figured some speechwriter was responsible for....not Joe himself necessarily...but he had to take the hit, and it stuck....unfortunately it's easier for most of us to understand than a bank scandal.

pattykad Guest
    I hear ya, Noelle. It was a bit confusing, but basically it was five
    Senators, (Dem and Rep) that met to try and put heat on
    bank regulators that were investigating Keating.

Wikikpedia has some pretty good info without getting too involved.

The core allegation of the Keating Five affair is that Keating had made contributions of about $1.3 million to various U.S. Senators, and he called on those Senators to help him resist regulators. The regulators backed off, to later disastrous consequences.

Noelle Page Guest
    A little back scratching, I see....ah well....sorry to say, that's politics, always and forever.

I agree. Congress makes such a huge impact on our daily lives and they have NO term limits??? How stupid is that?

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    I agree. Congress makes such a huge impact on our daily lives and they have NO term limits??? How stupid is that?
    Government at it`s best.........my Lord some of them are 90 before they finally take the bus home.........

Government at it`s best.........my Lord some of them are 90 before they finally take the bus home.........
    Remember Strom Thurmond??

MorbidMolly Guest
    Remember Strom Thurmond??

You read my mind.......what was he......130 or so years old........( I`m kidding for the sensitive folks )

You read my mind.......what was he......130 or so years old........( I`m kidding for the sensitive folks )

His second wife was 23...He was 66....hmmmm

He was also a vocal racist...ran for president way back when....then turns out he had a biracial daughter

He was in the Senate some 47 years....he was 100 then!!!

MorbidMolly Guest
    His second wife was 23...He was 66....hmmmm

He was also a vocal racist...ran for president way back when....then turns out he had a biracial daughter

He was in the Senate some 47 years....he was 100 then!!!

Dammit man.........LMAOOOOO......I was only 30 years off......

NOVSTORM Guest
    Show me a politican that has no scandal in their past and I will glady sit on the beach when the next Huriicane comes thru. They all have crap intheir past, they are human and when they go for office the baggage goes with them. Don't care what they are dem or rep.

TheMysterian Guest

The Media is Biased,always has been.Report the facts and let the people decide!

we all know how Bush and Cheney avoided the Vietnam War. Guess who received 5 deferments - Joltin Joe Biden:

http://www.courant.com/news/politics/ats-ap-cvn-biden-vietnamaug31,0,2934547.story

MorbidMolly Guest
    we all know how Bush and Cheney avoided the Vietnam War. Guess who received 5 deferments - Joltin Joe Biden:

http://www.courant.com/news/politics/ats-ap-cvn-biden-vietnamaug31,0,2934547.story

So did Joltin Dick Cheney.......same amount........I posted a link to this at the beginning of the post.......

So did Joltin Dick Cheney.......same amount........I posted a link to this at the beginning of the post.......
    i missed it, my apologies.

MorbidMolly Guest
    i missed it, my apologies.
    No problem........I`m trying to think of everything........nothing to apologize for.......I shouldn`t have been so snarky.......accept my apologies please.......

Joe Biden tells Wheelchair Man to Stand Up

Wow, I didn't realize the Dems had a Benny Hinn wannabe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSlXpv9-Ojw