Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Man Vs Wild / Bear Grylls

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Oh, and that voice...It could melt a snowbank...

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug81506 View Post
    i agree with you (was that a clap of thunder?). i did all the survival training when i was a kid...slept in snowbanks...trapped food...you name it. i swore i would never sleep in a tent when i grew up...i have, but only when i've been really drunk. we have the survivalist, wilderness people here and when they get themselves in trouble the rescue costs are tremendous. they should be billed in MHO.
    Bet you could trap a bar with a roll of dental floss and an acorn...

Doug81506 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    Bet you could trap a bar with a roll of dental floss and an acorn...
    no, but i once bagged an elk with a silverado...

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    no, but i once bagged an elk with a silverado...
    Bwahahahahah!!! Got outta my car one night after work and a skunk bagged me...There ain't enough air freshner in the world to make me forget that...

Ends, HowDID; ya'll too funny!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Ends, HowDID; ya'll too funny!
    Well, do you love em or hate em...Or just wanna hump em...

You and Ends...hump comes to mind.

The survival guys; well I'd like to have them around if stranded someplace; though I do remember most of my Boy Scout 101.

HeLLLLOOOOO! Wooo, great thread here! I see howDID is still trying to bag the erstwhile Doug in his oh-so-tight jeans...

I get illegal cable (shhhhh) from the nice tenants who left their cable box behind, and Discovery Channel comes in nicely. Turn off the Japanese dub, and we're ready for Bear ACTION!

Endsleigh, kick howDID offa that fan bench and make room for a true Bear fan!

LOVE ME SOME BEAR! Wooooooo! I was heartbroken to hear he has a wife/kids. shit, another missed opportunity. Why don't we ever get to see him taking a poo? Does the camera crew sleep in a nice warm trailer? I want details!

The Dirty Jobs guy--oh sure, I'd hit that. But his comments are a bit annoying, in a (forgive me for even invoking his name on such a hot thread) Bob-Saget-on-Funniest-Home-Videos-type way. Not really funny, just short of funny. bleh. But yeah, if he'd shut up, no problemo.

Yeah, while we're at it, Bob is cute but so effing annoying.

Doug81506 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by herekittykitty View Post
    HeLLLLOOOOO! Wooo, great thread here! I see howDID is still trying to bag the erstwhile Doug in his oh-so-tight jeans...
    yeah she chases me unmercifully. have you ever tried to run in (roping) heels?

rickenbacker Guest
    Well, I just have to chime in on this one. Survivorman rocks! You can actually learn from him...tips you will actually use. Plus his tunes are good. Man vs. Wild just seems like a stuntman show. Running, jumping, all kinds of crazy stunts BEFORE he does something like drinking his own pee from a snakeskin.

The Northern Pikes were around before Les Stroud. They just recently worked together, though.

endsleigh03 Guest

I get illegal cable (shhhhh) from the nice tenants who left their cable box behind, and Discovery Channel comes in nicely. Turn off the Japanese dub, and we're ready for Bear ACTION!

Endsleigh, kick howDID offa that fan bench and make room for a true Bear fan!

LOVE ME SOME BEAR! Wooooooo! I was heartbroken to hear he has a wife/kids. shit, another missed opportunity. Why don't we ever get to see him taking a poo? Does the camera crew sleep in a nice warm trailer? I want details!

The Dirty Jobs guy--oh sure, I'd hit that. But his comments are a bit annoying, in a (forgive me for even invoking his name on such a hot thread) Bob-Saget-on-Funniest-Home-Videos-type way. Not really funny, just short of funny. bleh. But yeah, if he'd shut up, no problemo.

Yeah, while we're at it, Bob is cute but so effing annoying.
    Be sure to check back in then.
    Gary Oldman and Bear are high up on my list as fantasy love-thangs

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacker View Post
    Well, I just have to chime in on this one. Survivorman rocks! You can actually learn from him...tips you will actually use. Plus his tunes are good. Man vs. Wild just seems like a stuntman show. Running, jumping, all kinds of crazy stunts BEFORE he does something like drinking his own pee from a snakeskin.

The Northern Pikes were around before Les Stroud. They just recently worked together, though.
    I don't actually know who Survivorman is, I'll have to google, everyone keeps talking about him.

kimba Guest
    Survivorman is awesome...no hotels for him. He is completely alone out there, like Duster says- does his own camera work etc.
    One episode he set his shelter on fire! By mistake. That could've ended badly.(He was camped on a beach I think, and his driftwood shelter caught fire.While he was sleeping!)
    the guy actually does some good-
    last winter a guy got lost on his snowmobile in the bush in BC-
    He was gone, I think 3 days. Everybody pretty much wrote him off...but he survived, thanks to the stuff he had learned watching survivorman!
    Some of the episodes are like how to survive in the bush, like if you get lost hiking, Or how to survive if you are in a small plane crash...stuff like that.
    Les Stroud is pretty unique guy- he and his family live "off the grid" He's a musician..a producer I think..
    and then for so many months of the year- he's all alone eating scorpions to survive!

I give the guy credit...being alone so many months of the year must tough!
    He and hid wife did an experiment one year- living in the bush for a year.
    Caught a parasite from sluggish water- the lake was too sluggish and the parasite responsible for beaver fever flourished where they got their drinking water.
    His wife was pregnant, and they lost the baby because of it. I believe they had to end the experiment early to fly her out to a hospital.
    He has a satellite phone for emergencies I guess...
    Last edited by kimba; 09-02-2008 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kimba View Post
    the lake was too sluggish and the parasite responsible for beaver fever flourished where they got their drinking water.
    Hahaha! I know this is pretty sophomoric of me, but I can't help it. I lmfao every time I hear that term "beaver fever" It could mean so many things...

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    *Grabs her satellite dish and sits tight on the bench with EndSleigh*
    Back off beyotch!!!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    Hahaha! I know this is pretty sophomoric of me, but I can't help it. I lmfao every time I hear that term "beaver fever" It could mean so many things...
    ***Ponders beaver fever ***

endsleigh03 Guest
    *Grabs her satellite dish and sits tight on the bench with EndSleigh*
    Back off beyotch!!!
    LoL

Now, kids, .........

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Well, I tell ya what...You guys can have Bear and let me have Mike...I think Mike is more my type anyway...

endsleigh03 Guest
    Ok, let's see a pic of this Mike.

Have at him, ladies...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

endsleigh03 Guest
    Have at him, ladies...

I know that guy, I watched him handling snakes and they kept sinking their teeth into his hand. It hurt me to look at it.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Ohhhhhhhh....and another one where he was squeezing a dogs rear cuz of pus sacks or something. Ughhhhhh, it was gross.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    ***Ponders beaver fever ***
    In case you're wondering, Ends....No. It has nothing to do with yeast infections

endsleigh03 Guest
    In case you're wondering, Ends....No. It has nothing to do with yeast infections
    Ok so I had to go look it up... big D from the woods (or elsewhere)

The word of the day is 'Zoonotic'

rickenbacker Guest
    I admit...I giggled.

But, it reminded me of the Survivorman episode where he killed and cooked a young booby (the BIRD, people!). As he's munching away, Les chuckles and says "The irony here, is I'm eating booby breast".

guyinpto Guest
    Rotflmao!!!!!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacker View Post
    I admit...I giggled.

But, it reminded me of the Survivorman episode where he killed and cooked a young booby (the BIRD, people!). As he's munching away, Les chuckles and says "The irony here, is I'm eating booby breast".
    My hubby and I asked each other all the next day if the other one wanted a booby sandwich...Gotta give him props for that one!

Bleedstreet Guest
    If it was life or death survial situation

Survivor man all the way

Bear is all sizzle no steak

rickenbacker Guest
    My hubby and I asked each other all the next day if the other one wanted a booby sandwich...Gotta give him props for that one!
    The first I ever knew of a bird called a booby was watching a film in 7th grade science. You can imagine the adolescent giggles at "blue footed booby".

I heard an interview with Les (Survivorman) on the radio a while back. Two morning show guys trying to bait him into blasting on Bear Grylls. Les did say he felt like Man vs. Wild was "entertainment only", but really took the high road. I'll give him credit for that.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I can't say I hate either one of them...They have more guts in their pinky toes than I do in my whole entire body...Still lovin me some Mike Rowe...*sigh*

endsleigh03 Guest
    Bear is wonderful eye candy, the end (LoL)

Doug81506 Guest
    wasn't beaver fever a disco song?

endsleigh03 Guest
    Probably. What a sad time for music, LoL

*places hand on Doug's forehead*

You're warm...I think you might have a touch of FEVER...

The thing is, people do get stuck and have to be rescued all the time. I have never understood why they do it. I won't even go on the gambling boat here cause they go out far enough to hit international waters and THAT is too far for me.
    I went on a two-week survival trip in Alaska when I was in junior high school. Thought I would never make it out alive!
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonCandy View Post
    I went on a two-week survival trip in Alaska when I was in junior high school. Thought I would never make it out alive!
    I've never done anything like that. Just camping that one time when the big spider got into the tent.

Doug81506 Guest
    *places hand on Doug's forehead*

You're warm...I think you might have a touch of FEVER...
    not to worry, i always run hot.

Adiposeur Guest
    Mmmmm....Bear AND Mike Rowe in one thread! I'm about to go off like a monkey in a banana factory! I'd take a Bear/Mike sandwich any day of the week!

Survivorman is too annoying to me.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Adiposeur View Post
    Mmmmm....Bear AND Mike Rowe in one thread! I'm about to go off like a monkey in a banana factory! I'd take a Bear/Mike sandwich any day of the week!

Survivorman is too annoying to me.
    Yeah, I don't know how those other guys got in here but, oh, okkkkk.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    *howdid sits in the corner with her picture of Mike Rowe and hums the dirty jobs theme hoping that End doesn't stay mad at her long*

Doug81506 Guest
    *howdid sits in the corner with her picture of Mike Rowe and hums the dirty jobs theme hoping that End doesn't stay mad at her long*
    are you in trouble again? god, i can't take you anyplace! mike rowe is a friggin' wimp so don't get hung up on him.

*ummmm, hi, mike! gee, what a big fist you got* (and so ends the story of how mike cleaned a forum tread using only his bare hands and a cowboy)
    Last edited by Doug81506; 09-04-2008 at 07:10 PM.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    *blows her nose on her shirt sleeve, wads up her picture of Mike, gets up and walks out of thread* Sniff, Sorry...I'll go start a Mike thread...I won't bother you guys anymore...Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

endsleigh03 Guest
    *blows her nose on her shirt sleeve, wads up her picture of Mike, gets up and walks out of thread* Sniff, Sorry...I'll go start a Mike thread...I won't bother you guys anymore...Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

Awww.....bring your butt back to bear

Doug81506 Guest
    Awww.....bring your butt back to bear
    she meant bring your bare butt back.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    O.K. No more Mike talk...Let's get down to the dung eating and bug chewin..

endsleigh03 Guest
    she meant bring your bare butt back.
    Lmao!
    That works too.

O.K. No more Mike talk...Let's get down to the dung eating and bug chewin..
    I was sure that said "doug eating."

ooh, where's my mind? I must have dropped it back there in the gutter. Be right back.

Doug81506 Guest
    I was sure that said "doug eating."

ooh, where's my mind? I must have dropped it back there in the gutter. Be right back.
    actually, i was eating so you mind is fine.

actually, i was eating so you mind is fine.
    erm, not if we're the ones doing the eating...

Smackman Guest
    I love this show. I think he's hot, but OMG does he put nasty stuff in his mouth.

Last night I caught an episode where he is down in the bayou/swamps and stuck his hand down to get a catfish and got bitten. Then it was hurting, so he turned around and peed on his hand. As you do. When you are stuck in the swamps

If you watch the show enough, you'll find he has a "thing" for pee... Every episode, it seems he uses his own pee for something.