Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Martha Moxley

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    Hey, I sole the puzzles of Wheel of Fortune, like an hour before the contestants! LMAO

I use to be obsessed with this case! I have every book, read ton's of document's.Littleton's exwife met him at a hotel, and she was bugged, tried to get him to confess. He never did. I don't think Littleton is 100 % innocent, but I do not not think he took part in the murder. He might of helped cover the crime up, and that's why his polygraph result's were inconclusive, as were Tommy Skakel's ( but they blamed that on he had no sleep). Why would anyone from the outside dispose of the golf club handle with Ann Skakel's intitals? ( Who cares? ) Well, besides someone in that group. Nevermind I am blabber
    i too am obsessed w/ this case~ maybe you could point me to the best books on the case (i read fuhrman's) & are the crime scene pics anywhere?~

i just adore martha's mother, she is one classy big hearted lady~ every time i see her on tv, i just wanna hug her~

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    i too am obsessed w/ this case~ maybe you could point me to the best books on the case (i read fuhrman's) & are the crime scene pics anywhere?~

i just adore martha's mother, she is one classy big hearted lady~ every time i see her on tv, i just wanna hug her~
    I think Conviction is the best! MF, book is not bad either. Absoulutley ZERO, Crime Scene Pic's! Except one of her feet kinda dangling out from under a tarp. Conviction, has alot of "LOST" evidence pic's...like bloddy sneaker, and jean's recovered from the Skakel TRASH CAN. Hmm...Where did they go?

Her, Mother is an Angel!

steffie Guest
    That Skakel guy is ewwwwwwyyyyy =O

GODDESS6 Guest
    I think Conviction is the best! MF, book is not bad either. Absoulutley ZERO, Crime Scene Pic's! Except one of her feet kinda dangling out from under a tarp. Conviction, has alot of "LOST" evidence pic's...like bloddy sneaker, and jean's recovered from the Skakel TRASH CAN. Hmm...Where did they go?

Her, Mother is an Angel!
    awwww thanx, off to amazon to look for that book~

WendyK Guest
    awwww thanx, off to amazon to look for that book~

I hope you found it! I have the hard cover, and if you have REALLY GOOD eye's you can semi sorta read the autopsy report, it is on the book jacket. Have you ever read the Sutton Report? I read it online, I am sure if ya Google or Bing it, you will find it.

GODDESS6 Guest
    I hope you found it! I have the hard cover, and if you have REALLY GOOD eye's you can semi sorta read the autopsy report, it is on the book jacket. Have you ever read the Sutton Report? I read it online, I am sure if ya Google or Bing it, you will find it.
    i found the book on amazon~ & i did read the sutton report 2 years ago~ thanx so much for your help~

WendyK Guest
    i found the book on amazon~ & i did read the sutton report 2 years ago~ thanx so much for your help~
    You are welcome, the Sutton take's time but well worth reading.Did you ever read the letter sent to her parent's about a week after she died? I could sense a accent in the letter, I know weird right? But, the way it was typed..

GODDESS6 Guest
    You are welcome, the Sutton take's time but well worth reading.Did you ever read the letter sent to her parent's about a week after she died? I could sense a accent in the letter, I know weird right? But, the way it was typed..
    no i never read the letter, is it posted somewhere?~ the book should be here today~ & i just finished a book, so i can start in on this new book right away~

WendyK Guest
    I read it on another website, along time ago. It was a typed letter, sent from NY. I don't think that you can accsess it these day's? I have not checked. I know the site was high jacked(? ) Wonder by who? Hahahaha! I will private message you the site.

Ok, now you've gotten me reading up on this case again. I first read about this case only a couple years after it happened. Later read Dunne's book, but not Furman's. As time goes by, more and more information about the case becomes public, it certainly was hushed up back when it happened. Not surprising, murders and other crimes involving wealthy people were usually given little media coverage back then, not like today.

Thanks to WendyK's link, I'm reading this "Sutton Report" and it sounds like I need to read the other book. I had always suspected someone in the Skakel household, but the report lists so many other suspicious people and events - the VW Beetle that appeared twice on the road that night, Edward Hammond, and the Skakel gardener who was a SO and whose activities weren't fully accounted for.

For the first time, I'm also wondering about Martha's brother. Not meaning to cast aspersions about someone who suffered the loss of a sister, but there were some unusual things about him, too - he did so much searching of the area and didn't find her body (it wasn't far from the house). A lot of coming and going that night and the next day, fresh blood found in the basement of the Moxley house, etc. etc.

Bottom line, it appears one of the weapons used to kill her was a golf club, one possibly missing from the Skakels set. But there are still so many unanswered questions. Has any DNA testing been done on the evidence?

From the Sutton Report re John Moxley

It seems a little curious that [John Moxley's friend] Harvey, who had been with John for most of the previous night, would arrive at the Moxley residence so early. This point was apparently never addressed. Harvey, evidently, assisted John in some informal searching for Martha that morning, but we don't know if he was summoned for that reason, or if he just arrived of his own accord.

John told the police they went out behind the house to look for Martha in a brush pile. On the surface, this is a slightly strange inclination--not to mention an unlikely place to find one's sister. Furthermore, if John was making even a mildly concerted effort at looking at looking around the property for his sister, it borders on the incredible that he never noticed Martha's body, lying only yards away to the side of the house. She would not be discovered until hours later--sometime shortly after 12:00 pm.

As to where John went when, according to Theresa, he left in a car, we have no record. It would appear that he did not return to the Moxley residence until after Martha's body was discovered, and the crime scene was secured by the Greenwich Police.

In one of his recent interviews with Sutton Associates, John said, curiously, that it was not John Harvey, but someone named John Anthony who arrived that morning for a visit. What significance, if any, this discrepancy bears on the case remains to be seen. The police specifically recorded that young man who was with John that morning, and the previous night, was John Harvey.
    Last edited by Demgirl; 05-06-2010 at 04:24 PM.

WendyK Guest
    Demgirl, Are you investigating it at a jealousy crime?

No, in fact I doubt he was the murderer. But his activities make you wonder if he knew the murderer, if it was possibly a friend or other neighbor. His actions afterward were rather unusual. Back in those days it still wasn't unusual for an older brother to try to control the dating activities of a younger sister. He may have been upset with her for hanging out with the Skakels or possibly wanted her to date one of his friends.

I still don't rule out Michael Skakel. He was a very disturbed teen who grew up with few boundaries and little supervision. It was common in that family even in previous generations and in a lot of "upper class" families where it was considered "proper" for parents to spend little time with their children and delegate their supervision to nannies and boarding schools.

That said, the Sutton Report (my first time reading it) is an excellent analysis of all the details of the crime revealed over the years, a good example of very thorough detective work. Overall, it points to Michael Skakel, but still raises some other possibilities, too. The initial investigation was poorly managed, though not surprising at the time, especially for a crime committed in a very wealthy, "upper class" community. This is probably one of those crimes that will never be resolved completely in the minds of many who study it.

If you want to investigate some similar crimes, check out the beer magnate August Bush's family. He had a couple of sons who were involved in suspicious deaths, with details and investigations hushed up. One son, Peter Bush, hosted a "sleep-over" party with friends (all in their late teens) at the Bush mansion where a close friend died from a gunshot wound.

The family’s love of firearms turned deadly in 1976 when Peter Busch, one of the children of Gussie and Trudy Busch, shot and killed his friend, David W. Leeker, in a bedroom at the Grant’s Farm mansion. Peter Busch said the pistol accidentally discharged. He pleaded guilty of manslaughter and received probation.
    In 1983, a 22-year-old female friend of August A. Busch IV was killed when he crashed his Corvette outside Tucson, Ariz. He was found six hours later at his home, four miles from the scene. Two years later, Busch IV led St. Louis police on a lengthy high-speed chase in his Mercedes. Pursuing officers shot out one of his tires on Delmar Boulevard and, when they realized whom they had been chasing, installed his spare tire. But they also found a loaded pistol in the Mercedes. He wasn’t charged in Tucson, and he was acquitted of assault in St. Louis.
    http://www.houblon.net/spip.php?article6369

A friend of mine was there and said much was covered up about the incident. Rumor had it, the shooting wasn't accidental. Peter was drunk and drugged up at the time (nothing like a sleep-over with drugs, drinking and playing with guns, eh?) Privately, his friends alleged Peter was a very spoiled, abusive and violent young man with a large collection of guns who liked to get high and roam the Bush estate (Grants Farm) shooting at the exotic animals there. Years later, his younger brother, August IV, was involved in a car crash in AZ in which a young woman was killed. The story changed to say he wasn't in the car, but it was his car and his wallet w/ID was found under the girl's body.

Ah, to be rich and famous and immune from the consequences of your behavior.
    Last edited by Demgirl; 05-07-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: added news story and link

I started to read Len Levitt's book Conviction. So far he seems full of himself, completely self absored. He isn't giving credit where credit is due, he is trying to make it seem he was the one who got charges brought against Michael Skakel due to his investigative journalism. He kinda slams Mark Fuhrman and Dominick Dunne, trying to say that they both had motives by getting involved in the case.
    From what I remember Mark Fuhrman wrote the first book on the case within two years charges were filed on him, I like both of them and it kinda pissed me off for him to accuse them of that. Granted that is my opinion of the book, and not everyone will or will not agree with me.

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin76 View Post
    I started to read Len Levitt's book Conviction. So far he seems full of himself, completely self absored. He isn't giving credit where credit is due, he is trying to make it seem he was the one who got charges brought against Michael Skakel due to his investigative journalism. He kinda slams Mark Fuhrman and Dominick Dunne, trying to say that they both had motives by getting involved in the case.
    From what I remember Mark Fuhrman wrote the first book on the case within two years charges were filed on him, I like both of them and it kinda pissed me off for him to accuse them of that. Granted that is my opinion of the book, and not everyone will or will not agree with me.
    I agree...but you have to get past the first hundred or so page's and it get's good. Timothy Duhmas wrote the first book, ( I THINK) GreenTown. I thought it stunk. But as far as documentary pic's etc..Conviction is the best.

I don't know? I personally after reading Fuhrman's book thought Mikey, was guilty, the movie was good too. The Sutton Report was paid for by Rushton Skakel himself to exonorate his son's, when he read it he pretty much said burn this shit..

I finally ordered "Murder in Greenwich" by Mark Fuhrman can't wait to read it. This case interested me for a long time. Such a sad story and her Mother is truly an inspiration to me how she handled herself through that horrible ordeal.

The Kennedy men were awful I don't know HOW their women put up with their shit!!

Mammy Guest
    They aren't my cup of tea. Some people are more interested in name recognition and money than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    They aren't my cup of tea. Some people are more interested in name recognition and money than anything else.
    For reals. An episode on Moxley's murder & Skakel's much-belated conviction just aired this week, though I can't recall which show (had to be on either Bio or the ID Channel). Skakel had said he'd climbed a tree near Moxley's window and masterbated there, thus leaving his DNA. Riiiiight.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Mammy Guest
    Yeah, I remember that charming little detail. What a dumbass! Did he really think anyone would hear that and think "Oh, I understand now. He couldn't have killed her!" Someone should have clued Porky in that he had the right to remain silent and it would have been a damned good idea to exercise that right!

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Read the article. All I have to say is, Boo Hoo!

1karenhb Guest
    Loved all the comments below the article. He is right where he belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Yeah, I remember that charming little detail. What a dumbass! Did he really think anyone would hear that and think "Oh, I understand now. He couldn't have killed her!" Someone should have clued Porky in that he had the right to remain silent and it would have been a damned good idea to exercise that right!
    Post orgasm euphoria/unable to perform violence makes about as much sense as most murder defenses.

If only defense lawyer Johnny Cochran "if the gloves don't fit, you must acquit" were still alive.

"If his chicken was choked, you got the wrong bloke"
    "If he dropped his wad, he didn't hit the broad"

The possibilities are endless.

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Post orgasm euphoria/unable to perform violence makes about as much sense as most murder defenses.

If only defense lawyer Johnny Cochran "if the gloves don't fit, you must acquit" were still alive.

"If his chicken was choked, you got the wrong bloke"
    "If he dropped his wad, he didn't hit the broad"

The possibilities are endless.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by thewrath of madelinekahn View Post
    post orgasm euphoria/unable to perform violence makes about as much sense as most murder defenses.

If only defense lawyer johnny cochran "if the gloves don't fit, you must acquit" were still alive.

"if his chicken was choked, you got the wrong bloke"
    "if he dropped his wad, he didn't hit the broad"

the possibilities are endless.
    roflmao!!

looks like he is up for a parole hearing

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...7bd_story.html

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Oh No! I hope he doesn't get out!

Tiger Guest
    I read the book Murder in Greenwich and saw the made for tv movie..Both excellent IMHOAttachment 43701

And here are some crime scene pics..A sheet covering her body & her Jacket (bloody)
    Attachment 43702Attachment 43703Attachment 43701
    Last edited by Tiger; 09-25-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    Oh No! I hope he doesn't get out!
    Good chance he will now that we have "Early Release Rehabilitation" in this lousy state.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Skakel is up for parole on Wednesday

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/21...est=latestnews

lisalouver Guest

Look at that PIG

And thats an insult to the farm animal.

Someone keep us updated if you remember...

Mammy Guest
    It's hard to believe that ten years have already passed since he was convicted. I don't think he deserves parole and I hope he doesn't get it. Ten years is nothing for the crime he was convicted of.

I will be there. I will let you guys know how it turns out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

philbert_wormly Guest
    Over the weekend I saw the documentary about Ethel Kennedy which her daughter Rory made. It is simply called "Ethel" and is on HBO.

There was a moment in the documentary which made me think of Martha Moxley having been murdered by Ethel's own nephew. The moment was when Ethel spoke to her daughter about her upbringing a mite bit and she compared and contrasted her upbringing to that of RFK's. She said that her family hadn't any rules to follow and that her brothers were all "scary." The part about her speaking of her brothers being scary stood out to me because sometimes fellows like that sometimes raise their sons to be scary as well.

I'm probably the only lady who watched that documentary and wound up thinking about a wee bit of it death hag style. But, Ethel Kennedy just plainly called her brothers scary and all no differently than if she was speaking about the weather!

RFK, jr. has tried to vouch for this murderer for ages. I remember reading somewhere that he said that this guy was as "pure as rain" or something equally as silly as that. This guy was just a spoiled brat with no sense of morals or ethics who had a massive hangup toward an innocent young lady who seems to have had a really nice family life. If he had half a brain in his murderous skull he would have tried to have made friends with the family in order to learn more of what he was never taught by his "scary" Skakel relations.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Awesome miho, thank you!!!!!!!

37. 10-22-2012, 04:38 PM

please do. thanks.

Wow, he's aged well, hasn't he?
    I can't think of him without picturing him in a tree masturbating. What an alibi...
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Mammy Guest
    I've got the giggles, Mirror, thinking about what you said that reminded me of a very old joke.

How do you get a one armed man out of a tree? Wave at him!

LOL about him aging well. He looked like microwaved shit ten years ago and father time must be a vindictive old bastard.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank god. That guy shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a tree for the rest of his life.
    I've actually been reading her diary all morning. Nothing really that interesting but entertaining none the less.

http://www.courttv.com/trials/moxley...ire_diary.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

lisalouver Guest
    That's great news.

He will never get out as long as he continues to deny his crime. So it appears he will be in for good

Thank Goodness

Mammy Guest
    Good! I was afraid he would be paroled. I think it is ridiculous how every time Skakel is named in an article, he is referred to as a Kennedy cousin in the title. I guess that is supposed to make the article more interesting. Whoop dee do

A very, very thorough website regarding the Martha Moxley case.

http://campyskakel.yuku.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    A very, very thorough website regarding the Martha Moxley case.

http://campyskakel.yuku.com
    Just from a quick glance, it looks like its in support of Skakel.

Is that correct? I aint reading further if it is!
    Last edited by lisalouver; 10-25-2012 at 11:04 AM.

I couldn't really tell either way. I didn't really look through the member forums or anything though. All I've really had time to look through is their Documents and Photos section(which is quite extensive), and also the transcript of the Sutton Report. The quote at the top of the home page makes me think that it probably isn't a pro-Skakel site though.

That Michael Skakel and his family are bewildered and angered at the conviction is hardly surprising. From the very night of this horrible crime they conducted themselves in the expectation that he would get away with murder. Thankfully, the State of Connecticut was able to thwart that expectation in a case tried fairly and truly. -- Jonathan C. Benedict State's Attorney Bridgeport, Conn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

I don't mind being in the know on all sides of an issue. I'll look at it. Thanks MM.

iSki Guest
    I go back and forth with this one. I believe the Skakels were involved without question, but I'll be honest, I can't really say beyond reasonable doubt as to which one I think it was. I generally think most of the evidence points to Michael, but were I on a jury, I don't think the decision would be cut and dry for me.

As contradictory as it is, I'm glad he wasn't let out, yet I still have some doubts in this case compared to others. Then again, having the Kennedy boys as your 'character' witness is just straight up laughable.

37 years ago today....she was 3 years younger than me.
    she would be, 53 years old.
    robbed of a life that had yet to even happen.
    mischief night, indeed.
    rest in peace, Martha.
    I have no idea or opinion about skekel....but the whole business stunk to high heaven.
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]