Ree Guest

Very cool!

Road Trip!

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    Road Trip!
    I got the cookies...

Danny62 Guest
    Aries65 is from Texas...lets hope she see's this and make a trip for us all?

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    TEXAS DEATH HAG ROAD TRIP!!!! HOW COOL ARE THESE PEOPLE???

Cool not to far from my house, I know what I am doing with my weekend off!

kdeazell Guest
    Funny Waxahachie is the county seat where my momma grew up. Her little town was Italy, Tx. pronounced IT-LEE....
    Kim

DannaMarie24 Guest

Waaaaah

It's not fair..I wanna go.

Yikes, Waxahachie! I was there in July for a few hours when my friend and I were on our way to Tennessee.

It's about 3 hours north from me.

This isn't the real house from the Munsters is it? I thought it was a house on a Hollywood set???

For some reason, I can't picture the show being filmed up there. It's not much of a town, in all honesty.

One main strip with the Wal-Mart and other stores and all the rest are back-country roads and such. Typical Texas town!

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Yikes, Waxahachie! I was there in July for a few hours when my friend and I were on our way to Tennessee.

This isn't the real house from the Munsters is it? I thought it was a house on a Hollywood set???

For some reason, I can't picture the show being filmed up there. It's not much of a town, in all honesty.

One main strip with the Wal-Mart and other stores and all the rest are back-country roads and such. Typical Texas town!

Its a replica of the house. I believe the original was at Universal studios?

Can you imagine building it though!!!

I would love to visit it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Its a replica of the house. I believe the original was at Universal studios?

Can you imagine building it though!!!

I would love to visit it!!
    The original is on Universal's back lot and came be seem in a remodeled state on Desperate Housewives.
    The house in Texas was built by a couple who are fans of the show.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post

Aries, if you want to go up there and take some pix, I can send you a link to a map showing the location of the house. Other the Halloween when they have a big party you can only take pictures from the street as it is their private home.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zombiegirl Guest

Munster Mansion is Alive!

Please excuse me if information about this topic has already been posted here on FAD, but in my defense, I did do a search and came up with nothing.

******ADDED****** Dan did post a link about this previously. Sorry ya'll.

The Munster Mansion is alive and right here in Waxahachie,Texas! The McKee family built an exact replica of the house that the Munsters lived in at 1313 Mockingbird Lane in Hollywood. They have had several Halloween parties over the years and hosted some of the actors from the TV series. I believe Grandpa came to each one until he passed away. This year, Pat Priest (Marilyn) will be there signing autographs. Please check out their website, it is so cool.

http://www.munstermansion.com/NewSite/
    Last edited by Zombiegirl; 10-24-2009 at 10:28 PM.

oh man, i have to see this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

also, how AMAZING would it be to live there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

Sam Guest
    It's less than an hour from Ft. Worth, but I've never been to the house although I think it was built over 12 years ago. There was a big write up about it in the Dallas Morning News.
    Hell, I work with 2 people from Waxahachie and they've never even been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    It's less than an hour from Ft. Worth, but I've never been to the house although I think it was built over 12 years ago. There was a big write up about it in the Dallas Morning News.
    Hell, I work with 2 people from Waxahachie and they've never even been there.
    This is a must-see. Does anyone know if the interior pics are from the set of "The Munsters" or if the family really has the house set up to look like the set? Is Spot included?
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Sam Guest
    The photos are actual photos of the house they live in. I don't think ALL the rooms replicate the Munster House, but certainly the ones you see on the web site do.

18. 10-26-2009, 07:48 AM
    Reason
    just realized Aries is banned, my reply was to her

They recreated the interior to replicate the rooms that were seen on the show.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Impatience Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    The original is on Universal's back lot and came be seem in a remodeled state on Desperate Housewives.
    The house in Texas was built by a couple who are fans of the show.
    i was just going to say that. it's the house that they gay couple live in. it's blue now and very suburbanized.

I rather go to the Playboy Masion

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    I love the dark shiny floors. That is so cool. It has ample parking too! I wonder how long it took them and how much it cost them to do?

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    1313 Mockingbird Lane.

Adiposeur Guest
    I think this was posted above but the link is dead...

http://www.thestudiotour.com/ush/bac...olonial_3.html

Thanks for the link! I dunno if I'd want to see all that in color though, know what I mean? B/W gave it that extra creepy edge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wow, that was some huge-open-mouthed-but-totally-straight-bromance greeting. (爆)~RaRa