Thread: David Dukes

dirttrackdemon3 Guest

David Dukes

he died while filming "ROSE RED". i heard they had alot of spooky things happen while making that movie. either way, it will turn u on to big band music!!

he also played authur miller in the 96 tv movie "norma jean & marilyn"

juleebella Guest
    I thought you were referring to the former Grand Dragon of the KKK who ran for President. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by juleebella View Post
    I thought you were referring to the former Grand Dragon of the KKK who ran for President. LOL!
    So did I!

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    not yet, he aint bite it yet has he?? when he does, we will have some fun with him too!

BabyDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dirttrackdemon3 View Post
    he died while filming "ROSE RED". i heard they had alot of spooky things happen while making that movie. either way, it will turn u on to big band music!!

he also played authur miller in the 96 tv movie "norma jean & marilyn"
    Yes, he died of a heart attack while playing tennis on a day off. He was supposed to film some more scenes, but due to his passing they used already shot scenes and let the character die rather quickly.

On another note: I love "Rose Red". It's like a creepy fairytale. Beautiful creepy house.

hoxharding Guest
    He may of actually died, but his character's 'ghost' appears at the end.

BabyDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    He may of actually died, but his character's 'ghost' appears at the end.
    Yeah, but that's not David Dukes

Quote: imdb: Stunt coordinator Craig Baxley Jr. took David Dukes' place for his "zombie" scenes, wearing the life mask created for Dukes.

monhol Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by juleebella View Post
    hey me too! lol

hoxharding Guest
    Babydoll-thanks, that actually makes me feel better. I always thought it was computer-generated. For some reason, that idea strikes me worse than someone wearing a mask.

BabyDoll Guest
    you're welcome.

BTW: cute cat.
    Last edited by BabyDoll; 10-24-2007 at 07:25 PM.

djdeath-hag Guest
    I became a follower of his career when he played the cross-dressing physician/husband of the character played by Swoosie Kurtz on the tv series "Sisters". I suspect that many others may not realize that he played the rapist who attacked (but didn't manage to rape) Edith Bunker on "All In the Family".

DelightfulDeathHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    I became a follower of his career when he played the cross-dressing physician/husband of the character played by Swoosie Kurtz on the tv series "Sisters". I suspect that many others may not realize that he played the rapist who attacked (but didn't manage to rape) Edith Bunker on "All In the Family".
    I didn't know that...I love All In The Family and that episode really got me

Cubano Guest

You stole my reference....

Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    I suspect that many others may not realize that he played the rapist who attacked (but didn't manage to rape) Edith Bunker on "All In the Family".
    Ugh! Beat me to it! I met him once about a year before he passed on. He was very nice and was with his wife, also nice. Not many people knew who he was so I described him as the man who tried to rape Edith Bunker. Suddenly people remembered him. I was shocked to hear when he passed- so young.

VegasVic Guest
    I read where he actually felt threatened doing that scene... it was really pissing off the audience.

hoxharding Guest
    BabyDoll-thanks! His name is Frankie=)
    I always liked seeing David in films and tv shows.

epicentre Guest
    I remember him playing Jack and Andie McPhee's dad on 'Dawson's Creek'. In the closing credits of the last episode he starred in, the screen goes black and there is an 'In Memoriam' dedication to him.

I also remember reading this on IMDB a while back (pasted in):
    "His wife, Carol Muske, wrote a book titled Life after Death, where a woman upset at her husband for leaving her and child says to him "Why don't you just die?". The next day he dies of a heart attack on a tennis court. Shortly after the book was completed, David Dukes went to play tennis and died of a heart attack."

BabyDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by epicentre View Post
    "His wife, Carol Muske, wrote a book titled Life after Death, where a woman upset at her husband for leaving her and child says to him "Why don't you just die?". The next day he dies of a heart attack on a tennis court. Shortly after the book was completed, David Dukes went to play tennis and died of a heart attack."
    Now that's just creepy. Never heard that one before

hoxharding
    Mine. her name is Julie

hoxharding Guest
    That is a creepy story and Julie is an adorable girl! What a smile.=)

BabyDoll Guest
    thanks

Pic of David Dukes

I like to see pictures of the actors. This guy reminds me of Grissom from CSI
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	David Dukes.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	4792  
    I cried for shoes .... til I met a man with no feet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Most memorably for me, David Dukes also played the serial killer (attacking men on the street with a mountain climber's pick) in "The First Deadly Sin" with Frank Sinatra and Faye Dunaway. He was seriously creepy (and oddly sexy) in that, a seemingly forgotten role in an excellent, forgotten movie. Also one of Sinatra's best parts, and one of his last.

Ah, I didn't know he died. He had a long career. I always thought he was distinguished and handsome.

Chevyheaven Guest
    RIP dude. Sorry your dead and all. Hope heaven is cool. Enjoy yourself.

Fancynancy Guest
    He was also going to appear onstage with Natalie Wood in Anastasia. Of course she died tragically the previous fall.

I saw the All in The Family where he played a rapist who almost raped Edith, as if she didn't suffer enough verbal abuse from Archie. her birthday cake saved her when she hit him in the face with the burning cake. oh by the way Jean Stapleton[Edith] just had her 90th birthday. he also guest starred on The Jeffersons playing a different character.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    I saw the All in The Family where he played a rapist who almost raped Edith, as if she didn't suffer enough verbal abuse from Archie. her birthday cake saved her when she hit him in the face with the burning cake. oh by the way Jean Stapleton[Edith] just had her 90th birthday. he also guest starred on The Jeffersons playing a different character.
    I remember that episode. He was very convincing. And I remember cheering for Edith when she nailed his ass!

His wife, the writer Carol Muske-Dukes penned a New York Times article (Μarch 2000) about what is was like to be married to an actor. She observed that Dukes was often remembered for playing a rapist who attacked Edith Bunker on TV's "All in the Family." Here is an excerpt:

«Arriving late to a dinner party a while back, my husband and I approached the dining room, where people were already seated. A woman rose up from her chair, pointed a finger at David and cried, ''My God, you're the one who raped Edith Bunker!''
    I glanced at him. He'd already been established as a cross-dresser, and he'd confessed to Frank Sinatra, of all people, that he was the ice-pick killer. My husband smiled calmly. ''I didn't rape her,'' he explained. ''I tried, but she hit me in the face with a hot cake from the oven.''

Annie is now 16. She and I recently flew to London, where David was appearing in the play ''Art.'' She misses her father when he goes away, and he has been absent for a few important moments in her life. (Though she has caught a few of his performances -- starting at age 4, when she inadvertently saw his ice-pick-killer confession in the bathtub on TV and wept along with him.) Yet as we sit in the darkened theater and I see her bright face turned up toward the stage, I ask myself, How many children get to see Dad utterly, artfully reinvented before their eyes? And to recognize that this transformation is wondrous? And to know that wonder is what work can be, when the work is art and the art is your life?”

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/03/19/ma...anted=2&src=pm