Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Zodiac

That is interesting. I wonder if he still has his dad's fingerprint for the police to compare it. That sketch looks identical to him.

I read somewhere else though that this guy has claimed his dad was another killer... maybe the Black Dahlia killer? I'll look around a bit when I have some time.

Tomorrow is the Anniversary of the Blue Rock Springs attack.

I really need to read more on this case. Hopefully I will have more time in the fall. I still don't understand with the forensics technology we have today why someone can't crack the code.

R.I.P. Darlene Ferrin

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    I know that finding out who this guy was/is is virtually impossible but I have just always had a gut feeling that someday someway somehow they'd find out who the Zodiac was/is.

I hope your right, it gives me the creeps that he may still be out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I hope your right, it gives me the creeps that he may still be out there.
    I think he went to jail or died long long ago. Even if he was still alive he'd be old and weak. No threat.

I'd like to go to San Francisco one day and visit the locations of the attacks, there is something spooky about them knowing that one of America's notorious crimes were committed on that spot.

If they find out who Zodiac was and finds the executioners hood just imagine how much a serial killer memorabilia collector would shell out for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    I'd like to go to San Francisco one day and visit the locations of the attacks, there is something spooky about them knowing that one of America's notorious crimes were committed on that spot.

If they find out who Zodiac was and finds the executioners hood just imagine how much a serial killer memorabilia collector would shell out for it.
    That would be the bomb. You could sort of visit via google maps. Maybe not the exact spot, but the area. That's what I did when I wrote the hometown history memorial profile for two sisters who drowned in 1948. I cut a picture of the very lake out and posted it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I read the newest book, Most Dangerous Animal. I must say it's pretty convincing, in it he says his dad had a run in with Paul Avery, when his dad and mom were dating, his mom was very young when she married his dad, and Paul Avery wrote some articles making fun of the father. So the writer of the book thinks that is why Zodiac wrote to Paul Avery, I hope that name is right, Paul Avery.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    That would be the bomb. You could sort of visit via google maps. Maybe not the exact spot, but the area. That's what I did when I wrote the hometown history memorial profile for two sisters who drowned in 1948. I cut a picture of the very lake out and posted it.
    Yeah I actually do that from time to time Googlemaps is quite an ingenious tool. I've streetviewed The Caylee Anthony memorial spot, Gacy's home (bulldozed then rebuilt but lets face it its still the spot), the various points of interest of the WM3, The Zodiac crime scenes, The area where Sharon Tate and was murdered at. I have to wonder if the people driving the googlemaps car have some sort of knowledge at the historical significance the places have to us death hags?

Out of the Zodiac crime scenes I find the most ironic is Washington and Cherry streets is his alleged escape route took him through a playground and he threatened children in one of the letters.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I read the newest book, Most Dangerous Animal. I must say it's pretty convincing, in it he says his dad had a run in with Paul Avery, when his dad and mom were dating, his mom was very young when she married his dad, and Paul Avery wrote some articles making fun of the father. So the writer of the book thinks that is why Zodiac wrote to Paul Avery, I hope that name is right, Paul Avery.
    Its very interesting and would go with a jilted lover angle but look at the crimes, it goes from killing couples at lovers lanes to killing singles or people who are alone. Didn't he say his Dad's initials show up in the cipher?

I don't know about the other crime scenes but in the movie Zodiac from 2007, they filmed the attack on the cab driver and the police follow up right there where it happened. I watched the movie recently and looked at it on Google maps while watching the scenes.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a Capricorn.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    I don't know about the other crime scenes but in the movie Zodiac from 2007, they filmed the attack on the cab driver and the police follow up right there where it happened. I watched the movie recently and looked at it on Google maps while watching the scenes.
    I have the directors cut with the directors audio commentary and that scene was actually done digitally which is an amazing since its that right down to detail he said it would cost a lot more money getting a permit from the city to shoot

Yep, I'll have to dig out my book again to find out why he thought his dad killed couples. He said that the females looked like his birth mother.

melhau Guest

Wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't more than one Zodiac

jafsell Guest
    Wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't more than one Zodiac
    Agreed!

If Brian Williams is the one that said that don't believe him.

"A relative of my wife is the Zodiac killer the first thing I'm gonna do is post on reddit"

"A relative of my wife is the Zodiac killer the first thing I'm gonna do is post on reddit"
    lol

It's that time again of the Anniversary of the Blue Rock Springs Attack.

Tomorrow is the anniversary of the Lake Herman Road attack.

R.I.P. Betty Lou Jensen and David Faraday

Darlene Ferrin and Daughter Deena. Deena Ferrin.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 04-27-2017 at 02:48 PM.

Thanks for sharing!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

You're welcome, I have a bunch more pictures of the victims, I hate calling them that, I'll post at a later date.

Really sad she didn't know her mom and grew up with her being a Zodiac victim.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    You're welcome, I have a bunch more pictures of the victims, I hate calling them that, I'll post at a later date.
    Please do.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Really sad she didn't know her mom and grew up with her being a Zodiac victim.
    Definitely! I didn't realize there were children left behind by the Zodiac.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Please do.
    Seconded!

This has always been my favorite case and some parts of me would love to see it solved but some parts I'd like for it to never be solved because the two main theories I've started to ponder is if it was some random guy or Robert Greysmith could have made it up and all the murders are unrelated.

Betty Lou Jensen

The dress she was wearing the night she was killed.

Darlene Ferrin, Her husband in the uniform, and ?

Where Darlene Worked.

Just found out the unknown man is her first husband, looking at the sketch of the Zodiac and him it looks similar, he was a suspect at one time.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 05-05-2017 at 08:57 AM.

David Faraday wrestling team.

Cecelia Shepard and her mom

Cheri Jo Bates picture taken in the library moments before her death.

Cheri in the middle.

Her Car.

Paul Stein
    Paul at work as a journalist

Paul's wedding
    Paul's Cat
    His Cab, after the murder.

Betty Lou Jensen's house today

David Faraday's home Today.

Darlene's home,
    What the apartment looks like, today, same place where she was pictured holding her daughter.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 04-22-2017 at 01:06 PM.

Also Robert George Domingos and Linda Faye Edwards are possible Zodiac victims, they were killed June 4,1963 at a remote beach they were approached by a man, who ordered Linda to tie up Robert and they were both shot and killed, they went to Lompoc High School in California, and were to be married November of that year of 1963, they were to graduate on June 6th and Linda would have been turning 18 on the 7th.
    Linda

where they were killed
    Robert #68
    If I can find it I have one of Linda wearing a powder puff football uniform.
    Did you know that Darlene Ferrin graduated from Hogan High School, the same school that Betty Lou Jensen and Mike Mageau were attending before her murder and she and Darlene and Mike lived near each other, ?
    Last edited by pkstracy; 04-22-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Hogan high where Betty, Mike and Darlene attended, Betty and Mike may have been classmates.

Where David Faraday attended
    lompoc high school in 1963 where Robert and Linda attended.

This has always been my favorite case and some parts of me would love to see it solved but some parts I'd like for it to never be solved because the two main theories I've started to ponder is if it was some random guy or Robert Greysmith could have made it up and all the murders are unrelated.
    According to the police reports I read, they were all killed by the same man, same method of murder, shooting or stabbing, gun .22 caliber semi automatic pistol with Winchester Western Super X Copper coated long rifle bullets, in the murders of Linda and Rober and Cecelia Shepard and the attack on Bryan Hartnell, the killer watched them, approached them, talked with them, ordered one to tie the other up and then stabbed one couple but shot the other two

Bryan Hartnell today, he is a lawyer.

Mike's shoes from the night of the attack
    Darlene's marriage certificate to her first husband.

Det Dave Toschi
    Darlene's shoes from the night of the murder.

Cecelia's Funeral

Also Betsy Aardsma is thought to be a victim of Zodiac, she was stabbed in the library stacks at Penn State, she was wearing a new red dress much like the desktop poem stated, Her killer has never been found and her case is unsolved, she was killed in 1969.

Betsy didn't die right away and someone found her she died enroute to the hospital.
    The scene after her body was removed, those books that are stacked on the floor, were pulled off the shelf as Betsy was falling, someone stacked them up .
    Last edited by pkstracy; 04-23-2017 at 04:02 PM.

The same scene as above but 44 years later.

Betsy and family, Betsy is in the middle top row.

Paul Avery
    Robert Graysmith

Dave Toschi and his famous gun holster, which Steven McQueen copied for the movie Builtt which was based on Toschi.
    Toschi Present

Darlene's Autopsy report.

The building is the former Mr. Ed's

pk, we appreciate your sharing these photos, but it's against policy to post one post right after another.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

It's because Cindy, it wouldn't let me post but a few pictures, due to size limit and there is a limit on how many photos can be in one post.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 04-28-2017 at 08:31 AM.

I realize that pk, but rules are rules. Next time leave at least 30 minutes between posts.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I love that this thread is being brought back to life and it was interesting to see all those pictures, really does good getting to know more about the people that Zodiac took from us.