Thread: Favorite DD Vol. 1 Sequence

LitaMalibu Guest

Favorite DD Vol. 1 Sequence

I made sure this wasn't mentioned, but was surprised it wasn't. Anyone who had seen/own the Dearly Departed 1 DVD; what was your favorite death scene? Mine, just for the amount of inside footage of the home was Jean Harlow. But, Dekker, Dahlia, Cassidy were amazing also. Discuss.

PAAAALEASE keep these coming Scott, can't wait!

ShellBell Guest
    Dekker.

So cool to be at the ACTUAL scene. I could only imagine Scott showing up at my door and saying "Guess what happened in your bathroom". LOL

Also, Scott's a funny guy. I remember snickering at that bit that went something like "all that trouble and he (Dekker) didn't even get to 'finish'"... or something like that.
    Last edited by ShellBell; 08-16-2008 at 06:01 PM.

Where do I get this?

Morrissey Guest
    I, of course, loved the whole thing.

But I did thoroughly enjoy the Dekker scene...

I made my 73 year old grandma watch it with me, and she really enjoyed the Harlow footage.

ShellBell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Where do I get this?
    There are links on the findadeath.com homepage to get the DVD. It's well worth the money.

6. 08-19-2008, 02:22 PM

D3LIVIĆ?N Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Where do I get this?
    It's also availible on Amazon, a deathhag DVD MUST!

http://www.amazon.com/Dearly-Departe...9180620&sr=8-1

Got it not long ago, loved the Harlow place, just found it amazing that Scott just went in there and had a wonder around. Sooooo jealous

Dekker for the simple fact that the occupant had no clue, and watching her reactions is priceless!! But the whole thing is fantastic, I cannot wait for volume 2, and many more to come.

Scott could just read what's on his page, and use static pictures, and I'd still buy em all!

Filmmaker78 Guest
    Great topic!

Re: the Dekker bit, since that seems to be the favorite, here's how that segment came to be --

I lived in that building when I met Scott for the first time (on his tour). So that ended up being one of the first things we filmed. Scott really did go and knock on a stranger's door and by total luck there turned out to be a really cool girl living there. She told us to come back in a few minutes to give her time to pick the place up a bit.

Scott said later that when we went inside, he kind of took stock of what kind of person she was, trying to decide if we should tell her the story, or just record video and leave -- we didn't want to freak somebody out if it was obvious they wouldn't be amused by the story. She told us she was a costumer (or hair/makeup artist - can't remember) in the entertainment biz and Scott noticed some of her movies included Donnie Darko and a few other cult-ish type flicks, so he decided she'd probably get a kick out of the story... and she did.

I produce television by day and moments like those where you totally luck out and come across a cool person like that, and capture their true reactions on camera to such an insane story, are rare rare rare.

It was a combination of luck and Scott having the guts to knock on a stranger's door with such a bizarre story to tell.

knothere Guest
    kool i dont have the dvds n i noticed sum of the intros for them on utube is be gone

ShellBell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Filmmaker78 View Post
    Great topic!

Re: the Dekker bit, since that seems to be the favorite, here's how that segment came to be --

I lived in that building when I met Scott for the first time (on his tour). So that ended up being one of the first things we filmed. Scott really did go and knock on a stranger's door and by total luck there turned out to be a really cool girl living there. She told us to come back in a few minutes to give her time to pick the place up a bit.

Scott said later that when we went inside, he kind of took stock of what kind of person she was, trying to decide if we should tell her the story, or just record video and leave -- we didn't want to freak somebody out if it was obvious they wouldn't be amused by the story. She told us she was a costumer (or hair/makeup artist - can't remember) in the entertainment biz and Scott noticed some of her movies included Donnie Darko and a few other cult-ish type flicks, so he decided she'd probably get a kick out of the story... and she did.

I produce television by day and moments like those where you totally luck out and come across a cool person like that, and capture their true reactions on camera to such an insane story, are rare rare rare.

It was a combination of luck and Scott having the guts to knock on a stranger's door with such a bizarre story to tell.

Great story. She was probably a bit of a death hag herself. :P And lordy, to be able to tell people what happened in her bathroom. lol

13. 09-28-2008, 12:40 AM

Reason
    Spam